Reputable Online Retailers that DON'T Charge Shipping Insurance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 10-28-2013, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have gone through weeks of reviews, pricing, budgeting, etc. to finally come to a decision on which TV to purchase. I'm looking at 65" and it seems like most retailers charge a hidden fee for shipping insurance. Is this every company or can somebody recommend a retailer that doesn't?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well just this morning I ordered a tv and soundbar from greystone appliance. They have really good prices and have been selling on ebay for years and have a pretty spotless rep from what I can tell. I got a confirmation email later in the afternoon and standard shipping is 14-21 days. Did not get charged shipping insurance, in fact it wasn't an option when ordering. Now, I may get the call tomorrow or something from them wanting me to purchase shipping insurance, but I haven't heard of them doing that like EC and Abes seem to do. I'll keep you posted
post #3 of 11 Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting, thanks for the response. Greystone is actually one of the vendors I am looking at. Please let me know if you hear back and they charge for insurance.
post #4 of 11 Old 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleySteamer View Post

Interesting, thanks for the response. Greystone is actually one of the vendors I am looking at. Please let me know if you hear back and they charge for insurance.

They did not charge me insurance on my VT60.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Just placed my order with Greystone this morning.

It's free delivery but indicated to take 14-21 business days. Did yours take this long? Not complaining if so, it definitely beats paying $180 for insurance but just curious.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Thanks guys. Just placed my order with Greystone this morning.

It's free delivery but indicated to take 14-21 business days. Did yours take this long? Not complaining if so, it definitely beats paying $180 for insurance but just curious.

Yes mine took the full 21 days to arrive. In my case it was still white glove delivery and the TV shipped from Paul's TV.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-30-2013, 11:11 AM

I don't really have anything to report yet, but its interesting that they shipped a tv from Pauls TV? Do you think they buy and resell from them? Doesn't matter to me as long as the tvs they ship are new and in good condition I guess
post #8 of 11 Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I placed my order with them and they explain how they avoid shipping insurance in their order confirmation email. They do the deliveries themselves. They have their own truck that they load up and make deliveries. The truck will not go out for a delivery until it has enough orders to make it 80% full. Because of this, orders take longer to ship. Their estimated delivery time frame is 14-21 business days.

Wish I was getting it sooner, but would rather save $180 and wait a week or two extra.

Yes, that is strange about a delivery from Paul's TV. I'll confirm if that happens with mine.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 AM

on their website they state have multi warehouse all over country, that's may the reason why TV deliver from Paul's TV?

check their website don't sell Sharp TV? and have less slection compare to EastcoastTV, anyone know if EastcoastTV charge shipping insurance?

Quote:

I placed my order with them and they explain how they avoid shipping insurance in their order confirmation email. They do the deliveries themselves. They have their own truck that they load up and make deliveries. The truck will not go out for a delivery until it has enough orders to make it 80% full. Because of this, orders take longer to ship. Their estimated delivery time frame is 14-21 business days.

Wish I was getting it sooner, but would rather save $180 and wait a week or two extra.

Yes, that is strange about a delivery from Paul's TV. I'll confirm if that happens with mine.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

EastCoast TV does charge shipping insurance. I called them while I was looking for a retailer for my current order. I believe theirs was around $140.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-31-2013, 05:41 PM

Ecgz88,
You mentioned their limited selection, i emailed them because i was looking for the 60" 8500 series samsung which isnt listed but i got a reply from someone the same day saying they do have it available. Probably means they didnt have it listed because its not one they stock, but it might be worth a quick email to see if they have what youre looking for and get a price
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page