Vizio E701i-A3E : $998 at Walmart 11/28/13-12/1/13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Seems like a very good deal, I might have to pull the trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
come on 80" come on down

------------------------------------
Old 11-15-2013, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post

Seems like a very good deal, I might have to pull the trigger.

Shows $1698 for me, do you have a link?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Liked: 28
Old 11-15-2013, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 16
This is a black Friday sale.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:01 PM

This will probably be very difficult to get unless you plan to camp out. They will have 10 or less and will sell them all in 1st few minutes.

I wonder if you could buy one early and get a price adjustment.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrx View Post

This will probably be very difficult to get unless you plan to camp out. They will have 10 or less and will sell them all in 1st few minutes.

I wonder if you could buy one early and get a price adjustment.

BF sales have always been excluded from the price matching
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM

Liked: 10

I really want this deal! I have never attempted a BF purchase. But for $700 I am willing to try. This TV sale is from 8-9pm. When should I get there? I'm thinking 5pm. Walmart ad states "if item sells out in the first hour you get a guarantee card for that item. Item will be shipped to your store by Christmas. 

Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxrider View Post

I really want this deal! I have never attempted a BF purchase. But for $700 I am willing to try. This TV sale is from 8-9pm. When should I get there? I'm thinking 5pm. Walmart ad states "if item sells out in the first hour you get a guarantee card for that item. Item will be shipped to your store by Christmas. 

Uh....what? The 60'' is $688 and runs during event 1 from 6pm to 7pm with the 1 hour stock guarantee. You don't need to show up any more than an hour for that deal. The 70'' is $998 and starts at 8pm and runs until supplies are out. I'd recommend checking with your walmart in the morning after you wake up. They're doing bracelets this year for hot sale items but there is no start time for handing out bracelets so it's going to be guess work as to when you can actually get one.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:

I can only give you my perspective as someone who was determined to get the 60" Vizio last year. First of all, the terms that you quoted only apply to the items marked "1 hour guarantee". The 70" Vizio is not a "1 hour guarantee" item. Last year, the 60" Vizio for $688 sale was at 10pm. I showed up way too early (around noon) and just milled around the store. At precisely 5PM (5 hours prior to sale time), employees came from the back of the store with large balloons, each marked with an individual doorbuster item. I followed them and when they placed the one marked 60" Vizio on a side isle, I stood by it and I was the first person in line. Immediately, two other guys walked up and, for quite a while, we were the only people in that line. An employee was stationed at our line and we each received temporary vouchers.There were 24 60" Vizios in my store and it wasn't until 7:30-8:00PM that there were 24 people in our line. The employee then informed anyone attempting to line up that all 24 Vizios were spoken for. At precisely 10PM, our temporary vouchers were exchanged for actual vouchers and we proceeded to checkout. It was all very organized and orderly. My advice for you is to show up approx. 5 hours before the sale time, bring a folding chair, something to read and don't drink a lot of water beforehand as we were only allowed 1 15 min. bathroom break. If you are determined, you will get that 70".
Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM

I just saw an announcement that Walmart will start honoring Black Friday deals a week early (starting this Friday). Might be a chance to get this deal later this week!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxb11 View Post

...I showed up way too early (around noon) and just milled around the store.

Good god, man. You spent a total of ten (10) hours inside a Walmart!?! I would rather tear my hair out and eat it than do that. I don't know if any deal is worth that. One time, I spent 20 long minutes at the checkout doing a price match, and that was sheer torture. Apparently, a manager had gone on break right when we needed her. Lots of awkward staring and hum drum chit chat. Usually, I try to avoid that store at all costs. You must have incredible determination. My hat is off to thee.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I was considering this deal due to the excellent price on a 70" set. After reading through some reviews, (amazon, cnet, here), it sounds like the set is a mixed bag. 2012 model, outdated aps interface yet plentiful variety. No advanced picture settings like 10 point and white balance. A lot of people experienced the backlight going out / reset issue. That should not be happening. Some sets had a lot of dead pixels and lines. It's a great price for a big slim led, but that could also be a caution flag. If you don't mind taking a gamble and are perpared for a possible return, then go for it. I will probably be going with a 60 incher for about the same price from one of the top tier brands.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Buying a Vizio anytime can be a roll of the dice. That can be said for any tv but Vizios seem to have more issues with qc and support than others. If the price is too good to be true....... however, Black Friday has become more of a marketing scam than getting truly good deals on brand new tv's. And not just tv's which are put together just for Black Friday deals and are not part of the normal release series.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 PM

These stores are getting to be RIDICULOUS with these specials on Thanksgiving day. I really want to get one of these TV's (the 60" in-stock special) but this is one of the few days I get to see my whole family. It's supposed to be about giving thanks and spending time with loved ones...Black Friday is Black Friday because of just that...it's a freaking FRIDAY! C'mon now!

Sorry - end rant...just frustrated. I'll spend the extra $300 or so to get the Sharp 60" 650...but not because I want to, but because I can't/won't forego valuable family time for a television. Up yours walmart! wink.gif

Carry on
onpoint likes this.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM

I REALLY don't view it as that big of a deal YET. We'll know when they let the sales go live. But from the small print, it's just a hand full of items THEY pick that other retailers are black friday dealing. All other price matching rules still apply in that you can NOT price match BF sales prices. Beyond the hand full they list at a lower price, it's basically their marketing machine.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the tips and opinions. I am not a Walmart fan. I rarely shop there. And shopping on Thanksgiving is not something I think much of. But I will take my $700 savings and my family is not getting together this year so I have no other plans. I plan to go there Wednesday and scope things out. Then TG get there 5-6 hrs before sale. 

Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tips and opinions. I am not a Walmart fan. I rarely shop there. And shopping on Thanksgiving is not something I think much of. But I will take my $700 savings and my family is not getting together this year so I have no other plans. I plan to go there Wednesday and scope things out. Then TG get there 5-6 hrs before sale. 

View it as a day at work where you get paid $100/hr for doing absolutely nothing. The fact that Walmart has pushed Black Friday even earlier into Thanksgiving Day works to your advantage as most people have family obligations. Also, the 70" Vizio, while heavily discounted, is still not a cheap Black Friday item. This also works to your advantage. I'd also like add that at no point prior to the sale last year did I receive any useful information from any Walmart employee as to the structure of the sale, # of units, etc. My feeling is that because last year went so smoothly, Walmart is likely to use a structure similar (if not identical) to the one I described. If you do decide to do it, please post your experiences in this thread.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Maybe I'll buy one to possibly replace a 2007 vintage Sony 52" KDL-52W3000 to see how it looks. Can't beat the price, but hopefully the picture would at least as good and not just bigger.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Because I have a 21 year old that always shops on black friday, i told her to get me a 60 inch vizio, and Id pay for her 32 inch tv. Then they didnt have a 1 item per person, so I bought 2 of the 60 inch vizios as we were just a buying a new house (got keys on dec 31) and the house is 4k square feet, so I had rooms that needed Tvs. Now , my first 1080p 61 inch samsung dlp I bougt in 2005 has a whining in the back. Probably just a fan, but I am not willing to spend ANY money on this thing, So I ma thinking about getting this 70 inch for my family room, and moving the 60 inch vizio into the room where the Samsung is. For those of you dissing the vizio, vizio had a problem with their 60 inch tv going black, and they replaced the entire tv even after the warranty was expired. I will never have a problem buying a vizio, and 1k for a 70 inch set is a deal, no matter what some of you are saying.

I have done 2 black friday seals and both were at walmart. The first was a mad dash and I left there saying i couldnt believe they let that happen as it was dangerous. i went home and the next day read about a guy getting killed at a walmart black friday deal. last year was much better, you lined up for what you wanted and they passed out coupons for that item. Then you went to register and paid, went back and picked it up.

Im thinking if i can bribe my kid into doing it again, as the 70 inch goes on sale at 8pm, and our dinner shoudl be done by 5, maybe I will score one.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsrgreat View Post

Because I have a 21 year old that always shops on black friday, i told her to get me a 60 inch vizio, and Id pay for her 32 inch tv. Then they didnt have a 1 item per person, so I bought 2 of the 60 inch vizios as we were just a buying a new house (got keys on dec 31) and the house is 4k square feet, so I had rooms that needed Tvs. Now , my first 1080p 61 inch samsung dlp I bougt in 2005 has a whining in the back. Probably just a fan, but I am not willing to spend ANY money on this thing, So I ma thinking about getting this 70 inch for my family room, and moving the 60 inch vizio into the room where the Samsung is. For those of you dissing the vizio, vizio had a problem with their 60 inch tv going black, and they replaced the entire tv even after the warranty was expired. I will never have a problem buying a vizio, and 1k for a 70 inch set is a deal, no matter what some of you are saying.

I have done 2 black friday seals and both were at walmart. The first was a mad dash and I left there saying i couldnt believe they let that happen as it was dangerous. i went home and the next day read about a guy getting killed at a walmart black friday deal. last year was much better, you lined up for what you wanted and they passed out coupons for that item. Then you went to register and paid, went back and picked it up.

Im thinking if i can bribe my kid into doing it again, as the 70 inch goes on sale at 8pm, and our dinner shoudl be done by 5, maybe I will score one.
If you can afford a 4k square foot house you can afford the extra $600 the TV retails for every other day. No biggie of you miss out. lol
Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Liked: 17

Sam's Club ran a VIP event for this same TV set.  If you look closely at the model number you will see an "E" appended to the end of the normal model number.  I did my research and was going to buy this set, but didn't do the camp out game as I was advised by a Sam's employee that it hadn't been that way before at the VIP events.  Wrong.

Anyhow, in visiting with Sam's and also placing a call to Vizio I confirmed the E primarily signified different packaging (brown card board box w/o fancy graphics and slightly thinner boxing).  However, you can also find the specs for each TV on their website.  There are some very minor differences, nothing major.  One was a power rating which I found odd.  But it told me they may have some different minor internal parts.

As a guy that can barely tolerate going to Walmart for a few groceries....camping out is pretty much the equivalent of shoving bamboo underneath my fingernails.  Thanks, but no thanks!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

If you can afford a 4k square foot house you can afford the extra $600 the TV retails for every other day. No biggie of you miss out. lol

Not exactly. I grew up poor and on welfare. That never leaves you. I am far from wealthy, but we do ok. When you have been married 25 years, you get to a point where you have a little extra to play with. That being said, I also have a wife that allows me to buy toys because I keep costs down. And just because the extra 600 isnt going to kill me, doesnt mean I just flush money down the toilet, it just means I have an extrra 600 to spend elsewhere:)

I hardly ever shop, but the black friday at walmart is pretty simple. Get in the line for your item and just stand there and ******** with a friend or relative for a couple hours. Pretty painless the way it is done now.
josephpearson, mole351 and 2WYCE like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:

Not exactly. I grew up poor and on welfare. That never leaves you. I am far from wealthy, but we do ok. When you have been married 25 years, you get to a point where you have a little extra to play with. That being said, I also have a wife that allows me to buy toys because I keep costs down. And just because the extra 600 isnt going to kill me, doesnt mean I just flush money down the toilet, it just means I have an extrra 600 to spend elsewhere:)

I hardly ever shop, but the black friday at walmart is pretty simple. Get in the line for your item and just stand there and ******** with a friend or relative for a couple hours. Pretty painless the way it is done now.
I was just joking around, no need to explain, although a 4k square foot house is rather large : ). Do you have a theater room in there? If not, 70" might be to small for a house that large.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Do I have a theater??? Thus the reason for the large house:) We have basically a studio apartment above the garage. has its own full bathroom, walk in closet, and a large room that is ALL MINE. 120 inch electric screen, Guinness on tap, poker table. It connects to the main house from the master bedroom upstairs. i can walk out the master on the balcony and over to the room. It has its own entry down below... so i can watch a movie and turn the volume up as loud as I want with no complaints from my wife. I just promised to keep the main house as gadget free as possible. Life is good:)
josephpearson and eric3316 like this.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:

I did it last year and it was actually kind of fun. Everyone was in good spirits and there was plenty of joking and lighthearted banter in our line. One of the guys behind me in line insisted on delivering the 60" Vizio to my house because he had an SUV and I was going to tie it to the top of my Honda Accord.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:

I'll second everything you said. Last year, there was no 1 item per person on the 60" Vizio. As the first person in line, I could have bought all 24. Secondly, the Vizio E601-A3 did have BSOD (Black Screen of Death) problems on some of the earlier production runs and Vizio replaced those defective units immediately with no questions asked. They also extended the warranty on my unit from one year to two because it fell into the affected range. The defective units typically failed in the first 90 days so, after a year, I am confident that my unit is solid. Vizio earned my respect throughout the whole process.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:48 PM

My experience at Wal-Mart on Black Friday/Thanksgiving Day…..

My purchase: VIZIO E701i-A3 70-inch for $998

This being my first Black Friday event, I did not know what to expect.  I arrived at 1:30pm on Thanksgiving Day to find the store open and people coming out with carts of goods. I didn’t think it opened till 6pm. I anticipated a big line/crowd out front but there was none.  I asked a manger “looking” person how does this work. She gave me a map with numbers on it. The numbers are on the floor and on balloons. That’s where the line begins for each item. I was first in line. I set up my camping chair in the shampoo isle. About 4pm one guy got in line with me. By 5pm there were 15. At 5:30pm a “manger” came by to say THEY ONLY HAD 5. I was happy, others were not. At 6pm they gave us 5 a wrist band. We had to be back between 8-10pm to pick up a ticket to then pay for the TV. I felt better once the 70 was in my van. BTW the TV is awesome!! 

Old 11-30-2013, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

My experience at Wal-Mart on Black Friday/Thanksgiving Day…..

My purchase: VIZIO E701i-A3 70-inch for $998

This being my first Black Friday event, I did not know what to expect.  I arrived at 1:30pm on Thanksgiving Day to find the store open and people coming out with carts of goods. I didn’t think it opened till 6pm. I anticipated a big line/crowd out front but there was none.  I asked a manger “looking” person how does this work. She gave me a map with numbers on it. The numbers are on the floor and on balloons. That’s where the line begins for each item. I was first in line. I set up my camping chair in the shampoo isle. About 4pm one guy got in line with me. By 5pm there were 15. At 5:30pm a “manger” came by to say THEY ONLY HAD 5. I was happy, others were not. At 6pm they gave us 5 a wrist band. We had to be back between 8-10pm to pick up a ticket to then pay for the TV. I felt better once the 70 was in my van. BTW the TV is awesome!! 

I think anyone willing to get there at 1:30 on T'giving day was going to get one. Congrats!

Tags
Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv