Seiki 65” Class 1080p 120Hz LED TV - SE65GY25 - $ 699.88 FREE Shipping - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Black Friday in Jan...

http://www.sears.com/seiki-65-8221-class-1080p-120hz-led-tv-se65gy25/p-05771593000P?sid=IAx20050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11042411
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Location: NE Meriwether County (halfway between Atlanta & Columbus)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought this locally on Feb 4th. Got it hung, and WoW,..The picture is great!!
I am on cable, but do not have to use a set top box, or convertor. I scanned for channels, and most of them were not there. Poked around the Interwebs, and found that most (possibly all) Seiki TVs have the QAM tuner disabled from the factory, and you have to enable it. I did that, and now I get all the channels, yay!
Then I find that if I try to tune directly to channels in the QAM spectrum by entering the numbers on the remote, it pretends the channels aren't there, and does not tune. Then if I enter '80' on the remote, it tunes to channel 801, which I have.
Then I find that if you press the 'CH LIST' button on the remote, the channel list window comes up like it should, and after about a minute, it locks up, and won't go away. A few seconds later, it causes the TV to turn off, then back on.
NICE!
So I tried calling Seiki customer service. was on hold maybe 4 minutes the 1st time, started talking to a woman, and was cut off. I called back, got the same woman, explained my problems, she put me on hold, and then I was cut off again. Called back a *3RD TIME*, was on hold 15 minutes, never got a person, and hung up.
I emailed customer service, and here's the reply I got back: "We cannot assist you with QAM issues if it was not a default option in the television menu, and was enabled by the end user."
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Guess this big beauty is going back to the store. It seems the adage 'If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.', is right on the money.

On a side note, the email from support came from THTF Global, who apparently is the parent company of Seiki and Element Electronics. I actually have an Element already, never had a problem with it, but if this is how they handle support issues, I'll steer clear of both.

PS: Sound on this TV is the worst of any tv *ever*, but most people that have something like this are going to have at least a soundbar.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!