Ok is this Price on the Samsung UN65HU9000FXZA a joke? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation Ok is this Price on the Samsung UN65HU9000FXZA a joke?

I went to google shopping now just looking at what the prices are out there for the 65" Samsung UN65HU9000 4k TV. The sale ends in 3 hours from 9pm Pacific time.

It shows a total price of $2,769.00 once in the cart because they give you another $20 off lol!!!! What are they on crack?? The 55" at Bestbuy doesn't even sell for this! If we buy will they honor it? I'm not buy because Samsung is suppose to exchange my TV for one tomorrow, but I thought I'd share.

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Samsung-...FQSQaQodL40ARA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

WAIT!! IT GET'S BETTER!! You use Coupon code: PAYCHECK and it takes an additional 2% off!! LOL Total comes to $2,713.62 with free shipping to California!!!

Can we say the site is a SCAM or has anyone heard of East Coast TVs?? lol
post #3 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
There is a thread on East Coast TVs here (and other inexpensive retailers), it's up to you whether you want to deal with the hassle of their aggressive sales tactics.

The East Coast TV's Experiment
post #4 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh no way I'm not buying I was just looking around and saw the craziness lol.

Here is what they are saying on yelp in case nobody has seen it lol: http://www.yelp.com/biz/east-coast-tvs-linden-2
post #5 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 PM

Liked: 10
Hey bud, I work at best buy. Quick story for you

Customer wanted Sharp 70" LE857. Quattron, 240hz, one of sharps best tvs. We had it for the niehgborhood of $3100. He saw it on eastcoasttvs.com for somewhere around $2500. We dont pricematch them. he gets upset goes home and gets it. Two week later he gets an empty box. Goes to get eastcoasttvs customer service number. he cant find it(because there isnt one). comes back to best buy and buys it for $3100. Now hes out $5600. Now say you manage to get lucky and you actually get what you buy. If it is sold for under the UMRP price, universal market retail price, the manufacturer will not back it with their warranty. Keep in mind i dont know you and i have no sales to benefit from this post. I am not commissioned, I just want to share a personal experience with that website. I would beware. Amazon.com will always be price matched by best buy. however samsungs relationship with best buy is very strong, so its very rare to find a better price from Amazon.com (not a third party seller).

Great TV by the way!!!
post #6 of 26 Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 695
I would stick with the sponsor on this forum for saving money. They work around the clock and contribute in a positive way to this site.
post #7 of 26 Old 07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 72
i second what vegas said less hassle and still a great price. also while east coast will try to up sell there are many members who have ordered from them and abes of maine recently and have actually received their sets, but get dinged with up sales etc. yet they still ended up paying less then upp the stories are all over the forum. i would not deal with them IMO, because if their price is considerably lower than the avs sponsor their not making any money and it is more likely you will not get what you pay for. the prices are falling fast anyway if someone doesnt want to pay what they are now the prices are sure to be a lot lower in a couple months. patience pays off
post #8 of 26 Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD77 View Post
WAIT!! IT GET'S BETTER!! You use Coupon code: PAYCHECK and it takes an additional 2% off!! LOL Total comes to $2,713.62 with free shipping to California!!!

Can we say the site is a SCAM or has anyone heard of East Coast TVs?? lol
It's not a scam but often these folks will try and upsell items and warranty, much like Abe's of Maine and others.

To check their and others ratings visit and decide for yourself or contact Cleveland Plasma a forum Sponsor - they can't often post the price at his place but a PM or Email he'll respond.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/East_Coast_TV_s

Most of these low price sites lack a return window on large panels though.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #9 of 26 Old 07-31-2014, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I would stick with the sponsor on this forum for saving money. They work around the clock and contribute in a positive way to this site.
I would agree and I haven't received my tv yet! Should get it sometime next week. I emailed and called Chris at CP/CAV and will be getting the 65hu9000 plus chad b. calibration for a nice price. He is a very cool guy to deal with and so far would not hesitate to order more tv's from him in the future.
post #10 of 26 Old 08-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhilden View Post
I would agree and I haven't received my tv yet! Should get it sometime next week. I emailed and called Chris at CP/CAV and will be getting the 65hu9000 plus chad b. calibration for a nice price. He is a very cool guy to deal with and so far would not hesitate to order more tv's from him in the future.
Just placed my order for the UN78HU9000FXZA TS01 panel with ECTV. I have an eta of 10 days to 2 weeks (being in FL I expected as much). Bought the white glove delivery ($149). Used my AMEX card so I get an additional 12 mos warranty and 1% rebate back.

All in all not a bad transaction. The rep was very nice. I can't blame them for trying to up sell - I was in sales for 20 years so I expected it.

So far pleased with how everything went.

I will post as the transaction progresses.

Happy to be new member of the 9000 club!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #11 of 26 Old 08-06-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post
Just placed my order for the UN78HU9000FXZA TS01 panel with ECTV. I have an eta of 10 days to 2 weeks (being in FL I expected as much). Bought the white glove delivery ($149). Used my AMEX card so I get an additional 12 mos warranty and 1% rebate back.

All in all not a bad transaction. The rep was very nice. I can't blame them for trying to up sell - I was in sales for 20 years so I expected it.

Congrats! Wish the 78 would have been in my budget but the 65 should be a killer tv in its own right. Figure I will hold onto it for 3-4 years and then get a nice mature oled tech by then. Also will upgrade to a 75-80 size as well
post #12 of 26 Old 08-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Total:
$2,615.62 with PAYCHECK coupon
post #13 of 26 Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
Total:
Yeah. Like anyone believes you are getting a UN78HU9000FXZA for $2,615.52..Please lol!!!
Plus the so called Paycheck coupon only applies if you pay with a money order. Only a fool would send these guys a money order. You would have no protection. I hope anyone who is in the market for one of these TV's would have better sense than that.
post #14 of 26 Old 08-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
It's not a scam but often these folks will try and upsell items and warranty, much like Abe's of Maine and others.

To check their and others ratings visit and decide for yourself or contact Cleveland Plasma a forum Sponsor - they can't often post the price at his place but a PM or Email he'll respond.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/East_Coast_TV_s

Most of these low price sites lack a return window on large panels though.
In my opinion this IS a scam. If you advertise a low price with free shipping but will not ship the product at the advertised price then its a scam. If you don't buy their shipping insurance and/or warranty, they will not ship the product. Even though you went through the checkout process. If that's not a scam , I don't know what is.
post #15 of 26 Old 08-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Total:
IMPOSSIBLE! The TV was over 6K!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #16 of 26 Old 08-08-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Ok lets say its a scam... they dont ship it i call my CC company and get my money back... now lets says the product is broken... buy it with an Amex card and you get purchase guarantee and an extra year of warranty
post #17 of 26 Old 08-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Your credit card company would only cover the 2nd year not the 1st. So if your TV broke during the first you would have no warranty less you waited till the 2nd year to get it through your credit card company. Also, depending on the credit card company would they expect you to ship the TV to them for verification? That would be expensive. If it was a scam, it would still take a while to get your money back also those places charge a shipping insurance usually 2%.

Quote:
Ok lets say its a scam... they dont ship it i call my CC company and get my money back... now lets says the product is broken... buy it with an Amex card and you get purchase guarantee and an extra year of warranty
post #18 of 26 Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllennodmij View Post
Hey bud, I work at best buy. Quick story for you

Customer wanted Sharp 70" LE857. Quattron, 240hz, one of sharps best tvs. We had it for the niehgborhood of $3100. He saw it on eastcoasttvs.com for somewhere around $2500. We dont pricematch them. he gets upset goes home and gets it. Two week later he gets an empty box. Goes to get eastcoasttvs customer service number. he cant find it(because there isnt one). comes back to best buy and buys it for $3100. Now hes out $5600. Now say you manage to get lucky and you actually get what you buy. If it is sold for under the UMRP price, universal market retail price, the manufacturer will not back it with their warranty. Keep in mind i dont know you and i have no sales to benefit from this post. I am not commissioned, I just want to share a personal experience with that website. I would beware. Amazon.com will always be price matched by best buy. however samsungs relationship with best buy is very strong, so its very rare to find a better price from Amazon.com (not a third party seller).

Great TV by the way!!!
Never purchased from eastcoast tv but definitely wouldn't buy from best buy without a price match. Amazon, Cleveland plasma, buydig, paulstv are reputable dealers though.
post #19 of 26 Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Can't forget frys if you live close enough to one. They price match anything online.
post #20 of 26 Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllennodmij View Post
Goes to get eastcoasttvs customer service number. he cant find it(because there isnt one).

?
post #21 of 26 Old 09-05-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
?
Looks like the the company is closed for the Sabbath like B&H.

Last edited by Citivas; 09-07-2014 at 06:02 PM.
post #22 of 26 Old 09-05-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnolberto View Post
Never purchased from eastcoast tv but definitely wouldn't buy from best buy without a price match. Amazon, Cleveland plasma, buydig, paulstv are reputable dealers though.
Best Buy has a price match, just not for unauthorized dealers. Which is the same as Amazon. The price match the same people for the most part (including matching each other). Cleveland Plasma and I believe (going off of memory here) doesn't have a return policy. Best Buy has 15 days unless you purchase enough to get special status then it's 30 or 45 days. Amazon is 30 for everyone. No fault, no restocking fee. BuyDig (which is a division of Beach Camera) is 45 days, though you have to pay for return shipping which can be hundreds of dollars for the large panels (you don't pay for pick-up or return shipping with Best Buy and Amazon). You usually pay a premium for companies that have a solid no fault return policy.

East Coast will always be controversial because their prices are so tempting and just enough people have acceptable experiences to cause others to take their chances despite all the people who don't and their overall reputation.

Last edited by Citivas; 09-05-2014 at 05:30 PM.
post #23 of 26 Old 09-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Interesting .
post #24 of 26 Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Just wondering what happened to the order you made to them.. you never updated what happened.
post #25 of 26 Old 11-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorz View Post
Just wondering what happened to the order you made to them.. you never updated what happened.
Maybe he's embarrassed after what happened?

Sony KDS-50A2000 | Cheap LG BluRay player
post #26 of 26 Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ectv

I can't speak for buying a tv from ECTV, but I DID buy a Weber grill from them. I paid the shipping insurance, but even after that, the price was still a lot lower than anywhere else I could have bought it from.
The grill came without issue and they even brought it up to my deck. 3 years of regular use later and it's still going strong.

Also, I was going to buy the 80" Sharp 3d TV from them, but when I went to my local Best Buy, they agreed to price match it. I told the Magnolia guy that I was planning to buy a bunch of other stuff from them at that same time if he price matched it, so he went to his manager and they agreed to do it. I wound up buying a Panamax, Harmony, tv stand, mount, and speaker installations, so perhaps if you are planning to buy other things as well, they might agree to the price match.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!