AVS Forum banner

2016 Vizio P series deals and coupons, what ya got?

40K views 447 replies 183 participants last post by  wmarkw 
#1 ·
Since there are only 2 places to buy the P series today there are obviously limited ways to do anything but pay full retail on them.

Best Buy: You can buy a slimy 'mover's coupon' on ebay. They legitimately work but using them should make you feel at least a twinge of guilt =) Be careful and buy from an established seller with 100% feedback.

Vizio.com: Sign up for Vizio's email blast and they will send you a coupon for a 5% off coupon code.
http://www.vizio.com/eblast

Hopefully these few options will open up as the year progresses!

#2 ·
For the stand people needing a solution for the wide legs and also a center channel/AVR and components, I saw this on sale at Frys:

http://www.frys.com/product/8738471

Goes in and out of stock for free shipping. It is on their weekly promo so if you sign up for their coupon codes its like $220 shipped. Grey probably would look cool with the brushed nickel bezel.

#5 ·
It's intended as an incentive for people moving to a new neighborhood to get a REALLY nice ONE TIME bonus for visiting their new local. It was WAY over abused when people could go to their local post office and get them 20 at a time. BB has modified it to be online only and requires documentation that a real move has or is occuring, and transferring that discount is against the TOS. It is still possible to transfer easily. IANAL but it appears slimy/shady to me.

#4 ·
Went to BB yesterday to pick up the Vizio P65 and could not use a 10% award from my Rewards account. The salesperson said the P65 is under UMRP (Unilateral Minimum Resale Price) and NO discounts can be applied to the SKU. Basically price fixing. I'm wondering how people are able to use the movers coupon. Anyone else run into this?

Sure would like to get the P65 now, but I'm not willing to pay full retail at this point.

#8 ·
Best Buy stop offering the coupon in the movers packet thing. Only way to get it is to use the eBay route. Unless you
Guys think it's slimy/shady then go a different route. I try to save as much as possible as I'm not made of money. But yeah I recently used it on a apple laptop for my daughter and it worked.

#9 ·
If you don't live in CA, it looks like you can get the TV tax free through Vizio with free shipping. so if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for shipping, depending on your local tax rate, direct through vizio with the 5% email coupon could be cheaper than the 10% BB (assuming you have a local BB and get charged local BB tax)

#17 ·
Anyone who thinks its wrong to attempt to save any money by obtaining a coupon or price matching is a jealous hater who is angry they didn't get a discount.

I was able to call BestBuy and get them to price match Vizio 5% tax free. Stand your ground and tell them you will just buy from Vizio if they cant match. One of my negotiating tools is the fact I have BestBuy's credit cards.

Reactions: adrenalin
#18 ·
I really want this TV but also will never pay retail. I consider the 5% off coupon retail BTW, I wont get it from bestbuy with the 10% because sales tax would make the deal worse then going directly through Vizio. Does anyone know does the Vizo site ever directly have a sale I would prefer to go though them as I don't have to pay tax.

And no finding the best deal isnt "slimy" we are consumers who cares if you get it for a bit of a deal from a company

#19 ·
Best Buy is currently offering 24-month and/or 10% rewards.
I'm not clear on if you can combine the above and/or the discount coupon being referenced here.
Does anybody know if the current offers are standard or special and any thoughts or recommendations on combining?
I don't typically make large purchases there.

#28 ·
I've reached out to Best Buy a few times here are the answers to your burning questions:

1. They are currently not offering Mover's Coupons as of 4/1/16. There is no ETA if or when they will have them again.

2. If you have a BB credit card currently you can get 10% back in rewards

3. If you want to get a BB credit card you can use the 10% back in rewards or get 24 month financing (they can't be combined) What sucks is your first purchase on the card is also supposed to get you 10% back in rewards, but it doesn't combine with the April CC promo.

Another option, albeit it might be difficult and time consuming, is to purchase gift cards for discount on the discount gift card websites. The best deals I'm finding are about 5-7% off (For $1500 in gift cards you'd spend $1400).

I hope this helps!

#31 ·
I just came back from local BB. I asked them if they can do price match with Vizio.com(with 5% coupon) and they did.
So, I ordered P55 but still have to pay tax (well that's ok for me after all). Anyway, it save me $65 from BB full retail price.

I was hesitated to direct order from Vizio cause if something happen (like have 1 dead pixel). I have to pay for return shipping fee and 10% restock fee. That's why I think bought it from BB was better choice.

I might change P55 to P65 if P65 view angle is acceptable. ( P50 has very bad view angle for me).
The bad thing is no local BB carry P55 and P65 yet. I might drive to see P75 (about 60 miles round trips). They just have it on display 3 days ago. I went to that BB last week but they just only have P50 on display.

P65 price is a little bit steep for me and the display is a little big for my space but if the view angle is not to bad as P50. I might go for it.

#32 ·
Can confirm the 5% off works with Best Buy. On the phone I just mentioned the discount and directed them to Vizio.com/store where the 5% offer pops up. He said no problem and placed the order. $100 off and I don't mind paying the taxes if it means avoiding Vizio direct for the first 15 days if there's a problem.

#38 ·
Best Buy Price Match

Called BB and was able to get the 5% price match with delivery on Wed 4/21. I ordered the P75-C1. They said they had to get a supervisor to sign off on it and that this was a one time accommodation, since they don't usually price match coupons. Used an AMEX promotion to get $200 off plus $79 in rewards from BB, so not too bad. Also, AMEX gives me another year of warranty.

#45 ·
Called BB and was able to get the 5% price match with delivery on Wed 4/21. I ordered the P75-C1. They said they had to get a supervisor to sign off on it and that this was a one time accommodation, since they don't usually price match coupons. Used an AMEX promotion to get $200 off plus $79 in rewards from BB, so not too bad. Also, AMEX gives me another year of warranty.
What AMEX promotion for $200?

#39 ·
Best Buy price match plus rewards

I live in the Bay Area (California), and we've been waiting not-so-patiently for these Vizio P-series displays to show up for the last several weeks. Every few days, Best Buy's website has been rolling back the date when they're supposed to be in stores: 4-13, 4-18, 4-22... Today, we're seeing 4-27. I tried calling a couple of nearby stores to get a fix on what's going on, but the results were no better. A couple of reps had never heard of the new P series; a couple more were looking forward to them but didn't know when they might show up so we could go in and play with one.

Today, we finally decided we knew enough to pull the trigger on a P65-C1 sight-unseen, so I came to Best Buy to put one on order. Up till now, we could have ordered one for delivery around the time when they were supposed to show up in stores, but today, the message was "Not available near your zip code" and "Sorry, delivery dates not available right now." I couldn't even put it into my online shopping cart. BestBuy.com wouldn't take my money.

I called Best Buy.com to see when they might have stock again, but the customer service rep told me that she could see nothing more about it than I could see. No warehouse restocking dates, nothing. I knew as much as she knew.

"You poor thing!" I told her. "You must get slammed for that all the time."

"We do," she said. And she sounded pretty unhappy about that. But then she volunteered that if I called a local store, they had the ability to see things in inventory that she couldn't see, and they might be able to help me. "We used to see that data too," she said. "But they took it away from us."

I hung up and tried to reach Vizio next, just to see if they might have any more firm information about when they could deliver. Nope, the live chat person told me, all she could do was tell me that my order would ship in 30 days. That was it.

"But what info do you have on your own stock?" I asked.

"The only information we have for them is that it can take up to 30 days to ship," she replied.

Unbelievable!

I followed up on the tip from the demoralized Best Buy staff and called a nearby store. He looked in inventory and told me that three stores in the region appeared to haveone P65-C1 each, but they were over an hour from his store. I called the one nearest to me--an hour away--and spoke to a rep there, and that's when I finally hit paydirt. He was a great guy. He walked back into the warehouse to clap eyeballs on the P65 in its box, he looked up my address and found out that, yes, they *could* give me free delivery if we came into the story to make the purchase, and he even told me that when we came in, we could play with the P75, which was up in their Magnolia section.

"That's great news," I said. "Now I'm feeling lucky. So I'm going to push my luck--will you price-match the five-percent-off coupon from Vizio?" He checked with his manager, and the manager said that since we were driving an hour just to get there, he sure would.

So we spent the evening on a road trip. We had fun playing with the 75-inch unit. We got the tablet and set it to Thomas's settings, and it had nice sharp detail and beautiful shadows and blacks. The color looked realistic, not blown out and "vivid" like the other displays around it. The P75 wasn't running glorious dedicated content like the Samsungs and Sony displays were. It wasn't even running 4K like they were; the team had hooked it up to a Blue-ray player and played Star Wars: The Force Awakens content for us. Our Best Buy rep said he had asked his Vizio contact for dedicated input, and it's on the way, but it hasn't arrived yet. He's looking forward to seeing what the display can do.

Anyway, we bought the P65 from Best Buy and got their free delivery--and free removal and delivery of the replacement if anything's wrong with the unit. We got five percent off the price (and no hassle about how this was a one-time special favor, either). And since April has that nice ten-percent-back-in-rewards offer for the Best Buy credit card, we did that too. Five percent off the "sale price," plus $190 in rewards coming back to us. I'm pretty sure we'll find something to spend those on. :)

#40 ·
I hung up and tried to reach Vizio next, just to see if they might have any more firm information about when they could deliver. Nope, the live chat person told me, all she could do was tell me that my order would ship in 30 days. That was it.

"But what info do you have on your own stock?" I asked.

"The only information we have for them is that it can take up to 30 days to ship," she replied.

Unbelievable!
I too find it crazy that in this day an age, all a company can say is "It will ship within 30 days". Multiple contacts with Vizio customer service haven't done any better. Additionally, all you get is that it is in "packing" which is cryptic. I thought Vizio was supposed to have outstanding customer service. This doesn't leave a good first impression for someone who is switching from Panasonic (Plasma) and Samsung (LED).

#47 ·
Hadn't heard about the AMEX deal for a new card; just that Costco members will be getting Citi Visa cards with even better kickback percentages than the AmEx True Earnings.

Good to see that Best Buy will match the 5% Vizio coupon. I'm weighing getting the 65" M-series for $1500 vs. the 65" P-series for $2000 but there's a push and pull between the various deals and strengths of different deals.

I bought a 2015 M60-C3 at Costco about 5 weeks ago. Last week, the price dropped $170, so I've got to get a price adjustment, but thanks to their 90-day return window I've got until mid-June to see if some P/M stock arrives.

I think Vizio would charge sales tax to MI, but if they calculate the tax on the discounted price after 5% coupon, that would make the effective sales tax rate 0.7% (same as using the Target RED card). That drops the OTD price from $1590 to $1510. If BB matches, nice. However, Costco gives two years warranty and the 90-day return window.

OTOH, if you use the BB card, you get rewards, but pay more tax (unless you can stack the Vizio coupon with the Rewards deal) and I'm getting woozy trying to keep it straight. I just know I'm leery of buying from Vizio directly because returning that beast will be $$$$.

I wonder when Costco will be getting them in stock?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.