Vizio P series 2017 1299 @ Costco - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By gondey99
  • 1 Post By wormraper
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Talking Vizio P series 2017 1299 @ Costco

I can't believe it.


https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch...ay&pageSize=96
gondey99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Member
 
accohn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
SHHHHH! Just kidding. I noticed that a few minutes prior to you posting this, going to place the order today/tonight, as I don't trust inventory to last long, and I saw the frenzy for this TV earlier this week (granted, a ridiculously low, and incorrect, price). From what I've read, this is a great price for a very good tv.
accohn12 is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I currently have a 60" plasma and this TV is very tempting however I am also curious what 2018 will bring in TV's as I don't have a urgency to upgrade any time soon.
gondey99 is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 889
They also have the P55 for $799. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it by $150
puddy77 is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Member
 
kauaidoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaua'i
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
comp to TCL P series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
They also have the P55 for $799. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it by $150
Would you say this tv is comparable to the TCL p series? I do not have access to a TCL p series(bad zipcode and only costco ) I am budget minded but my only hope to a P series would be if walmart or Costco decied to start carrying but if this TV were a good sub then good.
kauaidoug is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post
Would you say this tv is comparable to the TCL p series? I do not have access to a TCL p series(bad zipcode and only costco ) I am budget minded but my only hope to a P series would be if walmart or Costco decied to start carrying but if this TV were a good sub then good.
Costco does not carry the TCL P series. Sold out at Walmart online. IMO Vizio P series > TCL P.

here is a link to check out.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare

Last edited by gondey99; 10-05-2017 at 05:36 PM.
gondey99 is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Member
 
kauaidoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaua'i
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondey99 View Post
Costco does not carry the TCL P series. Sold out at Walmart online. IMO Vizio P series > TCL P.

here is a link to check out.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare
Mahalo, Gon

I did check out the site and the comps but my preference is still the TCL P. From what I gather TCL had dolby Vision and that wide gamut thing and it has the roku which is attractive to me. I am tryng to cut the chord some what and thinking this Roku(new to me) will help me with that move. Or if I can wait till Feb and post super bowl I might score a good deal off the floor at my local Costco. I just have to rely on costco, only real option and I do have a TV to watch in the mean time. I just want to know what a good deal is when I see it. My tv viewing area is maxed at 55" and I sit about 7' from screen.
kauaidoug is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post
Mahalo, Gon

I did check out the site and the comps but my preference is still the TCL P. From what I gather TCL had dolby Vision and that wide gamut thing and it has the roku which is attractive to me. I am tryng to cut the chord some what and thinking this Roku(new to me) will help me with that move. Or if I can wait till Feb and post super bowl I might score a good deal off the floor at my local Costco. I just have to rely on costco, only real option and I do have a TV to watch in the mean time. I just want to know what a good deal is when I see it. My tv viewing area is maxed at 55" and I sit about 7' from screen.



The TCL is 599 at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-...?skuId=5878705
gondey99 is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 10-05-2017, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post
Would you say this tv is comparable to the TCL p series? I do not have access to a TCL p series(bad zipcode and only costco ) I am budget minded but my only hope to a P series would be if walmart or Costco decied to start carrying but if this TV were a good sub then good.
The TCL P and the Vizio P are comparable. The Vizio has more dimming zones and higher refresh rate. But the Vizio P55 is an IPS panel with a wider viewing angle but slightly less contrast; although its superb FALD makes up for it. The TCL has a tuner if you want to hook up an antenna to cut the cord, which the Vizio does not. And the TCL's Roku lets you install practically any app on the TV. Whereas Vizio's Smartcast only has a few apps on the TV, and you have to use a phone or tablet to cast any other apps you may want. I own a Vizio P55, so I'm biased. But you can't go wrong with either one.
puddy77 is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Member
 
kauaidoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaua'i
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
The TCL P and the Vizio P are comparable. The Vizio has more dimming zones and higher refresh rate. But the Vizio P55 is an IPS panel with a wider viewing angle but slightly less contrast; although its superb FALD makes up for it. The TCL has a tuner if you want to hook up an antenna to cut the cord, which the Vizio does not. And the TCL's Roku lets you install practically any app on the TV. Whereas Vizio's Smartcast only has a few apps on the TV, and you have to use a phone or tablet to cast any other apps you may want. I own a Vizio P55, so I'm biased. But you can't go wrong with either one.
If I desired the roku set up could I buy this Vizio Pseries(and what is with the different letter series from 2016 to 2017? It's confusing) and then buy an ultra roku set up for the same Roku experience I would get from the TCL TV's?

Also I do not get OTA here on Kauai so no tv tuner makes no diff.
kauaidoug is offline  
post #11 of 28 Old 10-06-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post
If I desired the roku set up could I buy this Vizio Pseries(and what is with the different letter series from 2016 to 2017? It's confusing) and then buy an ultra roku set up for the same Roku experience I would get from the TCL TV's?

Also I do not get OTA here on Kauai so no tv tuner makes no diff.
Sure thing. I think lots of Vizio owners use a Roku Ultra. The only disadvantage is that the Roku does not pass Dolby Vision. So for the apps that do DV like Netflix you’d get HDR10, and Vudu would only give you SDR UHD. In those cases I’d recommend using the built in apps, and the Roku for everything else.
puddy77 is offline  
post #12 of 28 Old 10-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This or XBR65X900E for gaming? PC, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X. From what I can see with side by side comparison on rtings, the lag is comparable on these two.
F00Bar is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 10-07-2017, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by F00Bar View Post
This or XBR65X900E for gaming? PC, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X. From what I can see with side by side comparison on rtings, the lag is comparable on these two.
What else are your needs

If you get this at Costco it is 500 less. Also the Vizio has Dolby Vision where the Sony does not. Both are good TV's.
gondey99 is offline  
post #14 of 28 Old 10-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondey99 View Post
What else are your needs

If you get this at Costco it is 500 less. Also the Vizio has Dolby Vision where the Sony does not. Both are good TV's.
I can get the Sony for about $1500 locally. Saw it in person and liked it a lot, but I am yet to see Vizio so it is hard for me to compare them. Spec wise, Vizio looks good or better.
F00Bar is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by F00Bar View Post
I can get the Sony for about $1500 locally. Saw it in person and liked it a lot, but I am yet to see Vizio so it is hard for me to compare them. Spec wise, Vizio looks good or better.
If you have a Costco membership you can get it for 1299. If you don't like it, return it. They have a 90 return policy where as BB as only 15 days. Also if you're caught up on standard at least the Vizio has Dolby Vision. Sony is not giving the DV update to that model.
gondey99 is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 10-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Member
 
Colo232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys,

I’m ready to pull the trigger, please help me choose between these two:

Samsung UN60KS800D $998 @ Sam’s

Or

Vizio P65-E1 $1299 @ Cotsco

What’s best /worst of one over the other?

Best regards
Colo232 is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 10-07-2017, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
gondey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo232 View Post
Hi guys,

I’m ready to pull the trigger, please help me choose between these two:

Samsung UN60KS800D $998 @ Sam’s

Or

Vizio P65-E1 $1299 @ Cotsco

What’s best /worst of one over the other?

Best regards
I don't know too much about the Samsung however does get good reviews. The Samsung is Edge lit and the Vizio is Full array. Samsung is HDR only and Vizio has both HDR/DV and is 65". The Samsung will work well in bright room and I believe is less reflective than the Vizio. I would post this question in this forum the "help me choose an LCD" thread

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare

Good luck.
Colo232 likes this.
gondey99 is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 10-08-2017, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,823
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Don't forget about what you get at Costco for the price diff of the TCL and the Vizio. If you pay with your Costco credit card you get 4 years warranty vs the one on the TCL.
wormraper is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
bobkat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Ordered last week!







ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY AVAILABLE B/O Qty UNIT PRICE UM EXTENDED PRICE
VIZIO SmartCast P65-E1 64.5" XLED Pro Chromecast Display - 16:9 (506282) 1 1 0 $969.990 each $969.99



LEGEND



QTY: Original Quantity Ordered
AVAILABLE: Ordered Quantity - Backorder Quantity
B/O Qty: Backorder Quantity
UNIT PRICE: Price per Individual Unit
UM: Unit of Measure
EXTENDED PRICE: Ordered Quantity x Unit Price


Subtotal: 969.99
Tax: 58.20
Delivery Fee: 0.00
Misc.: 0.00

Total: $1028.19


968094558001


bobkat007 is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondey99 View Post
Costco does not carry the TCL P series. Sold out at Walmart online. IMO Vizio P series > TCL P.

here is a link to check out.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare
Not at all for the 55 inch P Vizio-- this is an IPS display with terrible black levels.
akmandal is online now  
post #21 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkat007 View Post
Ordered last week!







ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY AVAILABLE B/O Qty UNIT PRICE UM EXTENDED PRICE
VIZIO SmartCast P65-E1 64.5" XLED Pro Chromecast Display - 16:9 (506282) 1 1 0 $969.990 each $969.99



LEGEND



QTY: Original Quantity Ordered
AVAILABLE: Ordered Quantity - Backorder Quantity
B/O Qty: Backorder Quantity
UNIT PRICE: Price per Individual Unit
UM: Unit of Measure
EXTENDED PRICE: Ordered Quantity x Unit Price


Subtotal: 969.99
Tax: 58.20
Delivery Fee: 0.00
Misc.: 0.00

Total: $1028.19


968094558001


Wow. How did you get it for that price?
akmandal is online now  
post #22 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,823
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
Wow. How did you get it for that price?
price glitch at Office depot... lets see if he actually gets it though. Most people have had their orders cancelled or are still pending
akmandal likes this.
wormraper is offline  
post #23 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Member
 
Fam Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
Not at all for the 55 inch P Vizio-- this is an IPS display with terrible black levels.
Out of curiosity have you've seen the P55 in person? I know I'm no expert and have a little bias, I own a P55-E1, but I've been impressed with the black levels of this set. It seems to be common wisdom that IPS can't compete with VA panels but this one seems do quite well to my eyes.
Fam Money is offline  
post #24 of 28 Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fam Money View Post
Out of curiosity have you've seen the P55 in person? I know I'm no expert and have a little bias, I own a P55-E1, but I've been impressed with the black levels of this set. It seems to be common wisdom that IPS can't compete with VA panels but this one seems do quite well to my eyes.
I have. Dont get me wrong, it is very good for an IPS and beats any LG LCD. But the TCL miles better with its contrast.
akmandal is online now  
post #25 of 28 Old 10-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
bobkat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
price glitch at Office depot... lets see if he actually gets it though. Most people have had their orders cancelled or are still pending
Yes, mine still pending though, after couple weeks. I agree though...must have been a typo on the part of Office Depot. Never know though, still due to arrive on Nov. 3
bobkat007 is offline  
post #26 of 28 Old 10-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Member
 
accohn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkat007 View Post
Yes, mine still pending though, after couple weeks. I agree though...must have been a typo on the part of Office Depot. Never know though, still due to arrive on Nov. 3
Best of luck on getting the deal to actually come through, certainly an amazing deal for those few who were able to take advantage of it. Seems very odd that the delivery date for yours would be so far away, but I'm sure you're keeping your fingers crossed. I placed an order for the same TV from Costco the other day for $1,299 and the delivery date is 10/24.
accohn12 is offline  
post #27 of 28 Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug View Post
If I desired the roku set up could I buy this Vizio Pseries(and what is with the different letter series from 2016 to 2017? It's confusing) and then buy an ultra roku set up for the same Roku experience I would get from the TCL TV's?
NO!

The builtin roku on the TCL supports dolby vision. No standalone roku at this time supports DV.

the visio has DV but you wont get it with external roku, your limited to using the built in chromcast ( or external CCU ) or appletv5.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
VisionxOrb is online now  
post #28 of 28 Old Today, 07:18 PM
Newbie
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I can't believe I missed this deal. I only started researching TV's last weekend. I'm really hoping for a similar deal on this or a x900E.
Paincakes is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off