Panasonic BF Deal - Priced at Employee Discount - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Panasonic BF Deal - Priced at Employee Discount
Transplanted99's Avatar Transplanted99 03:42 PM 11-24-2011
I have been tracking the P42ST30 for some time and have come across their Employee Purchase Program (EPP) earlier. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago, this TV was withdrawn from the lineup available under EPP. Now it, and several other TVs, are back and available to the public at EPPs. This price point just cannot be beat by any etailer.

There are several TVs and other products on offer, so I post it here to give you a chance if you are on the hunt for a good deal.

I found out about this here where there are more details.

You can go straight to Panasonic's web site, and will need to register to see the prices. It says "starts at midnight" but I was able to order the TV this afternoon.

Good luck!

Dierkdr's Avatar Dierkdr 06:12 PM 11-24-2011
Based on the couple of sets looked at this evening (only checked those remotely interested in....), the prices are Fair, but hardly earth-shattering.

Of course, it is NOT yet Midnight, so perhaps prices will fall once the clock ticks over....
Transplanted99's Avatar Transplanted99 07:06 PM 11-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr View Post

Based on the couple of sets looked at this evening (only checked those remotely interested in....), the prices are Fair, but hardly earth-shattering.

Of course, it is NOT yet Midnight, so perhaps prices will fall once the clock ticks over....

Right, it really is a YMMV kind of deal.

For the TV I am looking for (Plasma 3D), I will realize >$100 savings from the best price I can find (Amazon) net of taxes and shipping. Not earth shattering, but represents about 15% net savings.

I checked out select Blu Ray players and 3D glasses, and no deal there for what I want...maybe after midnight!
Maxs_dad's Avatar Maxs_dad 10:22 PM 11-24-2011
Prices at the panny site seem to be identical after midnight. Goodnight!
Dierkdr's Avatar Dierkdr 06:36 AM 11-25-2011
Site was swamped shortly after midnight (eastern time zone) - perhaps because many of us were still up watching football....

In any case, was unable to price anything last night (or, technically, Very Early This Morning!).

Site is very responsive this morning - but found prices Disappointing.
Might be some bargains on particular items, but (again: of the items we checked) there was nothing priced low enough to be tempting, given where prices are / have been at Amazon.

Best price noted was on a 55" GT30 at $1299 - that is about $150 less than recent prices found elsewhere (including Amazon), but not enough to say "Oh, WOW!" And particularly so after factoring in local sales tax (which eats up half the price difference) + the attractiveness of Amazon's shipping & return policies.

Also priced out a FZ-150 camera: the "Check Price in Cart" price was Full List Price! Again, disappointing...

These MAY be "employee prices" AT THIS TIME, but they are clearly NOT the EPP Prices that some have raved about in the past.
RandomName7's Avatar RandomName7 11:33 AM 11-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr View Post

Site was swamped shortly after midnight (eastern time zone) - perhaps because many of us were still up watching football....

In any case, was unable to price anything last night (or, technically, Very Early This Morning!).

Site is very responsive this morning - but found prices Disappointing.
Might be some bargains on particular items, but (again: of the items we checked) there was nothing priced low enough to be tempting, given where prices are / have been at Amazon.

Best price noted was on a 55" GT30 at $1299 - that is about $150 less than recent prices found elsewhere (including Amazon), but not enough to say "Oh, WOW!" And particularly so after factoring in local sales tax (which eats up half the price difference) + the attractiveness of Amazon's shipping & return policies.

Also priced out a FZ-150 camera: the "Check Price in Cart" price was Full List Price! Again, disappointing...

These MAY be "employee prices" AT THIS TIME, but they are clearly NOT the EPP Prices that some have raved about in the past.

It also appears that Amazon is matching the current EPP prices on Panasonic's site.

So same price, no tax, better shipping and returns.

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a 50ST30 for my living room. (already have 59d7000 for my room, yes, i know, that's ridiculous... don't care)

I'd love another Samsung, but the prices on the Panasonic just can't be beat, especially when you keep in mind that Samsung plasma's aren't worth a damn unless you at least get a 59in set.
omegaslast's Avatar omegaslast 03:33 PM 11-25-2011
all the prices for those who dont want to register
http://imgur.com/a/xrRT2
Geordon's Avatar Geordon 08:06 PM 11-25-2011
I agree on the P42ST30 price. Ordered last night before I went to bed. Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards Cyber Monday price was about the same, but I was required to pick up from Best Buy, and was looking at an hour drive or more each way to find stock -- and that was before Black Friday. I figured I would take the sure price now, than possibly saving a could more dollars and all that drive time on Monday.
Up
Mobile  Desktop