AVS Forum banner

Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only

78K views 525 replies 130 participants last post by  caiazpa 
#1 ·
Its been hard searching for the current deals with all the different threads so I thought we could devote one thread solely to 55VT30 and 65VT30 and keep it updated for the best deals for those of us looking for a VT30.

#409 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse /forum/post/21729450

Thanks for the reply. Must not be every store

Yeah, it sucks its not every store. I really wish they had put this on their website. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark /forum/post/21729459

Hmmm im in vegas. I got the vt being delivered from pauls. Should i go pick one up at frys and save $237? Wonder if pauls will match frys...

You should check first if Pauls TV would match, they should as I believe they have a price guarantee. If they don't I would definitely got to Frys for $230 savings.

#410 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboy207 /forum/post/21728789

Glad to hear it's no longer an issue. I'm undecided between this and the Samsung 64d7000/8000. I keep weighing the pros and cons of each but can not seem to make up my mind. Factor in the VT50 coming in May, which are supposedly are improved over this year models makes this a tougher decision.

The VT30 is a great TV. I have no problems viewing it in my bright living room, and I've always bought CCFLs and LEDs. I also have a Sony XBR-55HX929 in my room and still watch the VT30 almost everytime!!

It's an amazing TV and I def. recommend it over the Sammy! The Sammy's colors [ like their Galaxy S2 Phones which I also have lol ] are somewhat artificial and cartoonish. The Samsungs do look sexier, no doubt, but I def. prefer the Panny!!

#411 ·
I just called and they are out of stock. They said it was a discontinued item and won't be getting them back in. I assume they cut the price so they can clear out stock for the 2012 models. Oh well, I'm actually pretty happy with the $2397 I paid and I still have 30 days in case it comes down in price elsewhere.

#413 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rahul /forum/post/21729632

The VT30 is a great TV. I have no problems viewing it in my bright living room, and I've always bought CCFLs and LEDs. I also have a Sony XBR-55HX929 in my room and still watch the VT30 almost everytime!!

It's an amazing TV and I def. recommend it over the Sammy! The Sammy's colors [ like their Galaxy S2 Phones which I also have lol ] are somewhat artificial and cartoonish. The Samsungs do look sexier, no doubt, but I def. prefer the Panny!!

Thanks for sharing you experience. My concern is the Panasonic being dim as I too have a somewhat bright living room. You mention that its fine in your living room, but then I've also read ppl mentioning it was not bright enough for them. I see you said you would pick the Panasonic over the Samsung. Does that mean you also tried the Samsung D7000/8000 plasma? It's interesting you said the Samsung colors looking artificial, since I believe I read the Samsung had better color accuracy. I thought PQ was pretty much even, with Panasonic having the better blacks and details, while the Samsungs were a little brighter with better color accuracy. Those Samsungs are pretty damn sexy though. I know in the end I will just have to try them at my home and see how they perform.

#417 ·
I was impressed by the pq of these and the only downside is they were a little dim. I am reading that the 50 series will be 1.5 times brighter with all these new changes... Makes it very tough to decide.

I called Pauls TV about the st65" and they are telling me that the 50 series is on it's way and it's going to make the 30 series prices climb very soon... But maybe he just wanted me to order one right away. LOL

#418 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 /forum/post/21736674

I was impressed by the pq of these and the only downside is they were a little dim. I am reading that the 50 series will be 1.5 times brighter with all these new changes... Makes it very tough to decide.

I called Pauls TV about the st65" and they are telling me that the 50 series is on it's way and it's going to make the 30 series prices climb very soon... But maybe he just wanted me to order one right away. LOL

I would take the 1.5X brighter for 2012 with a grain of salt until actually tested by third parties. I'm sure it may be better but usually TV manufacturers statistical claims turn out to be wildly exagerated (consider supposed contrast claims for example). Yes the set is redesigned for 2012 and yes it may be brighter. But how much remains to be seen.

#419 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN /forum/post/21716767

Same, called after the original price match and the woman agreed he did the right thing. I mean, it is covered on their tv price advantage help page or whatnot, but still, why were some able to avoid this? I think the fact that mine was already shipped and ordered previously was the issue, as they already have shipped it using their more "premium" shipping method and couldn't rightly send it a cheaper, slower method in order to remove the added cost.

Hey Titan, I know you received your rebate, I'm curious if you know what is included in delivery?

I just received a call from Amazon scheduling the delivery of my tv this Wednesday. They informed me that the individuals who will deliver the TV will bring it in, unbox it, place it where I want it, and will work with me to turn it on to make sure it works before they leave. They also informed me to keep the box for 30 days in case I want to return the TV.

Is this the normal delivery system for Amazon? If so, it's fantastic! The last time I had a tv delivered (years ago) it was a very different experience, with the driver making me help him carry it into my house and then trying to bolt out before I was able to turn the TV on.

-JR

#420 ·
I don't know about everyone, but I can say I am very glad I pushed for the delivery refund.

They brought the TV in ok, but beyond taking the top part off the tv and giving me a minute or two to check the TV over they were gone and were no help in getting it mounted on my stand...I was afraid of turning it on to check it as it was very cold that day and the tv was still noticeably cold and I'm not sure how cold plasmas would do when turned on so I did a typical flashlight through the screen check for cracks inside the glass and they were on their merry little way.

Fortunately the TV works great and is flawless and my wife helped mount the TV (a bit heavy, but she's been working out lately haha).

As I said though, certainly not worth the $149 they wanted to charge me. Oh and to whoever asked earlier up, I got the TV last friday, the 2nd.

Can anyone point me to any good settings to try out beyond D-Nice's and Dave K's? I am running the 2.1 firmware (updated to 2.2) and did not do the 100hrs of slides.

#421 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN /forum/post/21740330

I don't know about everyone, but I can say I am very glad I pushed for the delivery refund.

They brought the TV in ok, but beyond taking the top part off the tv and giving me a minute or two to check the TV over they were gone and were no help in getting it mounted on my stand...I was afraid of turning it on to check it as it was very cold that day and the tv was still noticeably cold and I'm not sure how cold plasmas would do when turned on so I did a typical flashlight through the screen check for cracks inside the glass and they were on their merry little way.

Fortunately the TV works great and is flawless and my wife helped mount the TV (a bit heavy, but she's been working out lately haha).

As I said though, certainly not worth the $149 they wanted to charge me. Oh and to whoever asked earlier up, I got the TV last friday, the 2nd.

Can anyone point me to any good settings to try out beyond D-Nice's and Dave K's? I am running the 2.1 firmware (updated to 2.2) and did not do the 100hrs of slides.

i didnt do the 100 hours either and am using d-nice settings and the picture is OUTSTANDING.

#422 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN /forum/post/21740330

My unit shows up tomorrow between 8am-12PM. I'm wondering what sort of service I'll be getting. I want to be able to;
  • Get the unit out of the box
  • Check the serial number
  • Turn it on
  • Check the EEPROM
  • Let it cycle through a few of the "break-in" slides to check for any pixel issues

I'm thinking that'll take a good 10 minutes. Hopefully that won't prove to be an issue with the guys delivering it.

-JR

#423 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/21744150

My unit shows up tomorrow between 8am-12PM. I'm wondering what sort of service I'll be getting. I want to be able to;
  • Turn it on
  • Check the EEPROM
  • Let it cycle through a few of the "break-in" slides to check for any pixel issues

I'm thinking that'll take a good 10 minutes. Hopefully that won't prove to be an issue with the guys delivering it.

-JR

If this is via Amazon then I highly doubt you will get that kind of assistance from delivery, might as well ask them to stay over and wait for the 100 hrs to go by

They take top of the box out check to see no cracks, they usually do not plug it in because its a plasma and if it is cold outside they say it takes 2 hours of room temp before you turn it on

they do not put the stand on it, they leave it in the box, if they turn it on then they leave when they see it is on

going into service menu to check EPROM is not something I think you should do infront of them...

Good luck

#424 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/21744150

• Turn it on
  • Check the EEPROM

-JR

beer and snacks should do it...

#425 ·
After several weeks of paralyzing myself with research, over-analysis, flip-flopping between Panasonic and Samsung like 500 times, and then contemplating waiting for the 2012's to arrive, I finally pinched my nose, closed my eyes, and jumped into the deep end of the 65VT30 pool.

I had a Crutchfield gift card from work that I had been trying to get rid of, but Crutchfield had been staying a little above what I wanted to pay for these 2011's that are being cleared out. Finally, last night they dropped the VT30 another $500 to $2499 - not quite Amazon/US Appliance level, but I used the gift card, the seemingly always available $20 off of $100 coupon (every little bit counts!!), plus eventually a little cash back from one of the popular deal websites - so it worked out well for me. Super excited - can't wait!

#426 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse /forum/post/21746454

After several weeks of paralyzing myself with research, over-analysis, flip-flopping between Panasonic and Samsung like 500 times, and then contemplating waiting for the 2012's to arrive, I finally pinched my nose, closed my eyes, and jumped into the deep end of the 65VT30 pool.

I had a Crutchfield gift card from work that I had been trying to get rid of, but Crutchfield had been staying a little above what I wanted to pay for these 2011's that are being cleared out. Finally, last night they dropped the VT30 another $500 to $2499 - not quite Amazon/US Appliance level, but I used the gift card, the seemingly always available $20 off of $100 coupon (every little bit counts!!), plus eventually a little cash back from one of the popular deal websites - so it worked out well for me. Super excited - can't wait!

Congratulations! I can't stand the build-up to buying one of these devices. For some reason it always bothers me, much like when I go through the bidding process to get some work done on my house!

My VT30 showed up about 20 minutes ago. The guys were very nice, brought it into the house, put the TV together and placed it where I wanted. I did my visual check while they were plugging it into the wall, I took a good look at the frame and glass. Both where perfect. They turned on the TV and handed the remote over, then watched for roughly 30 seconds as I began to walk through the very first intro steps of getting the TV set up.

At that point one of them grabbed his clipboard - it was clear they wanted to get out of dodge. I asked if they could stay for me to plug in the HDMI cable, and he pointed to his clipboard and let me know that was not part of their delivery service. Sure enough, right there was a step-by-step of what they were supposed to do, and they'd done it all. I didn't press and they stepped out, however before they could get to my truck I threw my HDMI cable in.

Picture looked good, audio was fine.

I'm running the break-in slides now, the unit looks great with the exception of a single area on the screen that almost looks like a small cloud - the color is a bit brighter there on certain slides. Not sure what that is about, but since it doesn't show up on all slides, and wasn't visible when I threw some ABC HD on, I'm not concerned about it.

Very excited to have gotten this TV for such a great price! Now I've got to go out and pick up some 3D materials and try to find another set of glasses.

-JR

#427 ·
Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine yesterday from Amazon. Price matched the US-A deal, but had to fight tooth and nail to get the $150 delivery fee waived. I did, so thankfully I got the unit for $2397 shipped. According to Amazon it's due to be delivered by the 9th. It's already shipped from the Distro in TN (I live in GA), so i'm just waiting on CEVA to call and setup the delivery time. I have a ton of 3D content to watch, and I bought 2 pairs of Xpand 103's from Amazon as well (which will be here tomorrow). Can't wait to play with this bad boy this weekend!!

#428 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD1sturbed /forum/post/21747674

Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine yesterday from Amazon. Price matched the US-A deal, but had to fight tooth and nail to get the $150 delivery fee waived. I did, so thankfully I got the unit for $2397 shipped. According to Amazon it's due to be delivered by the 9th. It's already shipped from the Distro in TN (I live in GA), so i'm just waiting on CEVA to call and setup the delivery time. I have a ton of 3D content to watch, and I bought 2 pairs of Xpand 103's from Amazon as well (which will be here tomorrow). Can't wait to play with this bad boy this weekend!!

I've got to run out and get some 3D content asap (and a second pair of glasses, don't want the wife to be upset!), think I'll make a run this evening.

-JR

#429 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD1sturbed /forum/post/21747674

How do you guys get them to waive the fees? Go up the chain of command and talk to supervisors? Threaten to cancel Prime membership? Threaten not to purchase the tv?

#430 ·
Tried to get Amazon to "price match" with US appliance. No matter how much pleading they insisted on the $149 shipping charge. So I ordered the tv from US appliance on 2-29. Just got the tv today 3-7. Very happy with US appliance. Would not hesitate to order from them again. $2397 for the 65VT30. Needless to say, I closed my account with Amazon and won't be shopping with them again.

#431 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjan16 /forum/post/21749711

Tried to get Amazon to "price match" with US appliance. No matter how much pleading they insisted on the $149 shipping charge. So I ordered the tv from US appliance on 2-29. Just got the tv today 3-7. Very happy with US appliance. Would not hesitate to order from them again. $2397 for the 65VT30. Needless to say, I closed my account with Amazon and won't be shopping with them again.

It's so odd that this shipping charge is inconsistent. Some have been able to have it removed, some never received it, and others like yourself can't get amazon to give it up. It's a shame Amazon can't follow one direction on this.

#432 ·
I tried ordering the 65VT30 from Amazon on Thursday and received an email that I had to call a "Large Items" phone number to get it done. I called the number on Friday and didn't have any issue at all.

I told them it was against US-Appliance and you had to go all the way to Checkout to get the price which was with "free shipping"

I asked if I had to pay for shipping and she said since I am Prime I do not. I asked if they had the White Glove shipping she said they do not.

I had to complete the order on Amazon's website for the regular Amazon Price. I told her it was done and purchased, she went into my order immediately and fixed it by refunding me the difference. It was quick and simple. I will be getting the TV (actually my brother) on March 14th in the morning.

#433 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmereos /forum/post/21764499

I tried ordering the 65VT30 from Amazon on Thursday and received an email that I had to call a "Large Items" phone number to get it done. I called the number on Friday and didn't have any issue at all.

I told them it was against US-Appliance and you had to go all the way to Checkout to get the price which was with "free shipping"

I asked if I had to pay for shipping and she said since I am Prime I do not. I asked if they had the White Glove shipping she said they do not.

I had to complete the order on Amazon's website for the regular Amazon Price. I told her it was done and purchased, she went into my order immediately and fixed it by refunding me the difference. It was quick and simple. I will be getting the TV (actually my brother) on March 14th in the morning.

So what was your final cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.