Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 526 Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post

Just completed the exact same order through Amazon on the 55VT30. Took all of 15 minutes. Thank you for saving me the time.

Louis

louis, congrats on the deal....we missed black friday but i still think we did good! now lets hope we get newer build dates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 526 Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

ps for folks in socal you can still pick up the 55VT30 at frys and pay tax but not shipping, still may save a few bucks over amazon + white glove...frys has no refund policy but will allow exchanges...i'm 45 minutes from frys and prefer amazon return policy so i went with amazon...
post #63 of 526 Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post

Fantastic! Details please.

Amazon price match with us appliance. Unfortunately, wasn't able to get the $90 for the us appliance white glove shipping removed. I might call back to try to get it removed, but still happy with the price. As an added bonus, the return period is extended through 31Jan12.

Best price I could find in months.
post #64 of 526 Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRinSC View Post

Amazon price match with us appliance. Unfortunately, wasn't able to get the $90 for the us appliance white glove shipping removed. I might call back to try to get it removed, but still happy with the price. As an added bonus, the return period is extended through 31Jan12.

Best price I could find in months.

Thanks but it looks like I may be too late since US-Appliance is out of stock now. I wonder if Amazon would still price match.

Edit: US-Appliance has the 65VT30 in stock.
post #65 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post

Thanks but it looks like I may be too late since US-Appliance is out of stock now. I wonder if Amazon would still price match.

You could try to see if they would nothing lost.

Yesterday, I walked the Amazon Rep step by step through the us-appliance checkout process for the final price. The only issue is delivery now. Amazon is suppossed to cal to schedule instead of being able to pick a delivery time via the website.
post #66 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 AM

Just got off the phone with Amazon about a 55" VT30 -- they'll match Fry's $1,797.00 but will factor Fry's $129.99 shipping into that, so the match price is actually $1,926.99, compared to Amazon's current price of $2,149.98.

Still gonna hold off a bit.
post #67 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Dunno if its related or not, price on Amazon went from $2999 back to $3200 today as US appliance has run out of stock. Also, when I placed my order, the In Stock amount on Amazon was 2 which seemed odd.
post #68 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRinSC View Post

Dunno if its related or not, price on Amazon went from $2999 back to $3200 today as US appliance has run out of stock. Also, when I placed my order, the In Stock amount on Amazon was 2 which seemed odd.

I'm sorry but apparently I spoke too soon. The 65vt30 is back in stock at US-appliance. The item was definitely marked as out of stock last night though but I guess they got some more over night.
post #69 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post

Amazon matched the $2497 plus the $90 white glove service. Took a while. I'm upgrading from a 55 inch to a 65inch.

Took the day off from work (my last for the year) to await the delivery of my 65VT30 from Amazon via Ceva. Tracking showed it arrived at the Ceva warehouse in Edison, NJ. Was shipped from Pa. Took one day. I call Ceva this morning to confirm 11- 2 delivery and they tell me they have no idea where it is. I call Amazon big item dept who contact Ceva who then call me to say that the TV was left on the dock in PA. Guy says he doesn't know how it happened. Took the day off for nothing. Ceva says they will deliver tomorrow after I get home from work at 7 pm. I said good, because I was not taking another day off. Unbelievable! I was eagerly awaiting it too. Oh well! Next time I will call a day before to confirm.
post #70 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Gaaaah, Dudley, I hate to hear that!

I really lucked out when my G25 was delivered. I was going to take a Wednesday off to receive my TV, but the delivery guys called me at about 5:30 on that Monday to tell me that they'd gotten it earlier than expected, and would it be okay if they just brought it on over? I think I blew out the guy's eardrum exclaiming "YES PLEASE THANK YOU THAT'S AMAZING!"

I have a feeling your VT will be worth the wait. Still keeping a close eye on the prices of these TVs! Panasonic has a "Facebook price" of $1899.99 on the 55" VT30 today; that would be even cheaper than Fry's.
post #71 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 02:46 PM

I just bought a sharp LC-70LE632U from COSTCO, overall the color is great and I like the size of the 70-inch screen. My only concern is the clarity of the picture. I have adjusted the settings based on posts from AVS Forum and it has improved, but I still would like a sharper/crisper picture. I use Verizon FIOS and view the TV from 10-15 feet. With the price of the Panasonic 65 inch “VT30” dropping down into my price range, I am wondering if I would get a sharper/crisper picture from the Panny. Anyone have experience with both TV’s?
post #72 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM

I don't, but my calibrater says it's a no brainer unless those 5" are a must. The new pannys hands down after calibration look much better. I asked him because the 5" were tempting. I run a s series 65" now, and it looks fantastic since calibrated. I am soooo close to ordering a new 65vt.
post #73 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Just ordered the 65VT30 from amazon matching US-Appliance's price of $2497. Took maybe 10 min. Thanks for all the help guys. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
post #74 of 526 Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 PM

I'm ready, but do wonder how much cheaper they could go. Or how much stock is out there.....
post #75 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motovet View Post

I'm ready, but do wonder how much cheaper they could go. Or how much stock is out there.....

For what its worth, for me it was a matter of getting what I wanted at a great price. Too often I have tried to waited only to be disappointed when the item I wanted either sold out or was no longer available.

I am sure now that I have purchased the 65VT30, there will be a sale, or discount lower than the price I paid thats always my luck. But for me, its the item, not the sale. I am happy about what I saved in the budget which allowed me to upgrade to a Onkyo 809 and Oppo BDP-93.
post #76 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Ordered my 65VT30 Monday from Amazon on the price match for $2497 (did not have to pay the white glove up charge) set arrived to the local delivery company yesterday afternoon...they called yesterday, but won't deliver until next Monday (19th) even though just 20 minutes away (no, won't let me pick it up).

Oh, we'll...at the price I got, I can wait an additional five days...but could be using four of those to run the break-in slides!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #77 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
It was in stock last night and I called Amazon but their "price match department" was closed and I was requested to call back this morning between 6am to 5pm pacific time.. but... at least as of 8:47 pacific time this morning. the VT30 is Out of stock at US appliance
post #78 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 AM

When I called Amazon to inquire about the price match, I was told that I have to purchase the TV at the current price, then the price match difference would be credited.
I wish the price matching can be done at the purchase instead of a refund, since there is always a small chance that the matching price may not be available for one reason or another.
post #79 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukit View Post

When I called Amazon to inquire about the price match, I was told that I have to purchase the TV at the current price, then the price match difference would be credited.
I wish the price matching can be done at the purchase instead of a refund, since there is always a small chance that the matching price may not be available for one reason or another.

When I did it, the person did the purchase at the current Amazon price, then immediately did the refund. I'll have to see how my credit card handles this, but they did it all at the same time, so it was not like they charged it and were going to go back later and make sure the price was accurate. They seemed to just go through the US Appliance checkout procedure, verified the price (they just told me it was the $2497 without me telling them so I'm presuming that is how they came up with that price), got approval, entered the Amazon price, entered the refund, and got my credit card info. So there was no after-the-fact refund, it was all done during the course of the phone call.

Also, I think it depends on which CS-rep you talk to, at least in terms of ease and the $90 shipping charge. I was fortunate enough to get the free shipping (which kinda makes sense from the fact they offer free shipping on items over a certain amount, yet from a business model they are price matching at the higher price so they are probably not obliged to take off more than the US Appliance fee), and the transaction was seamless. Plus, there was no after-the-fact refund just my inquiry, verification of the sale price, and a near instantaneous price match. Some seem to have had a little less luck, others sound more or less like my experience. I have to wonder if some of that is just at the discretion & understanding of the human on the other end of the line.

-Cheers
post #80 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Call back and speak to someone different. It should be immediate.
post #81 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:

I had to do it a different way. Had the rep on the phone (he stayed on the phone during the whole process) who told me to purchase it at the stated price and then he immediately adjusted to match US Applliance once he saw my order go through. I refreshed the Amazon invoice and it showed the matching price I paid. The rep also sent me an email explaining exactly was was done.
post #82 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_I View Post

When I did it, the person did the purchase at the current Amazon price, then immediately did the refund. I'll have to see how my credit card handles this, but they did it all at the same time, so it was not like they charged it and were going to go back later and make sure the price was accurate. They seemed to just go through the US Appliance checkout procedure, verified the price (they just told me it was the $2497 without me telling them so I'm presuming that is how they came up with that price), got approval, entered the Amazon price, entered the refund, and got my credit card info. So there was no after-the-fact refund, it was all done during the course of the phone call.

This mirrors my experience as well.
post #83 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Quote:

I called amazon ...the CSR went through the us-appliance procedure while I was on the phone, rep called supervisor for approval and was charged $2497 once and that was all . . . Simple . . . No pay of regular price and then get a refund . . . No white glove service up charge. In fact, that was Monday, tv got 20 miles away to local carrier on Wednesday . . . Have to wait until next Monday for it to be delivered By carrier, that stinks . . . But My amazon CSR was great.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #84 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

I called amazon ...the CSR went through the us-appliance procedure while I was on the phone, rep called supervisor for approval and was charged $2497 once and that was all . . . Simple . . . No pay of regular price and then get a refund . . . No white glove service up charge.

Interesting that some have to charge it then refund (which mine did, but instantaneously) and yours was just approved. Cool though!

Quote:

In fact, that was Monday, tv got 20 miles away to local carrier on Wednesday . . . Have to wait until next Monday for it to be delivered By carrier, that stinks . . . But My amazon CSR was great.

I got confirmation mine arrived locally today. The next time they're delivering out by my area? A week from today. Not that I'm complaining, especially getting what seems to be a great price and having smooth sailing during my order, it's just kind of funny how that works, like they're trying to build anticipation or something.

-Cheers
post #85 of 526 Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM

Guess I'll try this tomorrow, was too busy today to even call. We'll see if the out of stock thing nixes the deal......
post #86 of 526 Old 12-16-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meers View Post

Amazon does not give you the option of standard delivery. They will only price match the white glove delivery price.

White gloves isnt much different than standard delivery either....all they do is take it out of the box
post #87 of 526 Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM

Do you guys think Amazon will match the price of another online competitor (East Coast TV's)?

I found another deal and I'm hoping to get it through Amazon for the same price.

Need. More. Bass.
post #88 of 526 Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 AM

They aren't on Amazon's match list, geomark, but it never hurts to ask!
post #89 of 526 Old 12-16-2011, 10:41 AM

I wasnt aware of the list, thx. Too bad us appliance does not carry the 735. They have a great deal for the 734 but im holding out for 3D.

Need. More. Bass.
post #90 of 526 Old 12-16-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlong View Post

White gloves isnt much different than standard delivery either....all they do is take it out of the box

At first I was a little upset I had to pay for the White Glove delivery. But now I'm happy I did. The guys actually put together your stand and place your tv where ever you want it. With me having a pregnant wife this was a big help. Putting together the stand was easy but lifting the TV up onto the stand would have a been a pain with just her helping me. And I'm not sure I would have let her even try. It is a rather heavy TV.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page