Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only
Motovet's Avatar Motovet 05:28 PM 12-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack724 View Post

It was in stock last night and I called Amazon but their "price match department" was closed and I was requested to call back this morning between 6am to 5pm pacific time.. but... at least as of 8:47 pacific time this morning. the VT30 is Out of stock at US appliance

Did you try anyway?

-KILO-'s Avatar -KILO- 06:05 PM 12-16-2011
I just tried about 5 mins ago to pricematch us-appliance with amazon and was denied due to us-a being out of stock
and to the person who asked about eastcoasttvs, they will only pricematch instock items from competitors on the list mentioned above
sahmen's Avatar sahmen 07:33 PM 12-16-2011
You guys shouldn't worry if you couldn't price-match the US Appliance deal. Soon it will be post-Christmas sales, and then the circa January CES sales... Something tells me that between Christmas and February 2012 prices on all these TVs are going to take a drastic tumble in anticipation of the much vaunted Panasonic 2012 models... After Christmas, these prices will have nowhere to go but South, that is if you have the patience to wait..., which I personally can because I have a couple of smaller screen alternatives to watch until these prices come to my own budget level... I just want to go bigger because 3d looks rather crappy on the smaller screens.

Of course, I can't guarantee anything, but I trust in the law of gravity, and prices are not immune to it
beezar's Avatar beezar 09:55 AM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmen View Post

You guys shouldn't worry if you couldn't price-match the US Appliance deal. Soon it will be post-Christmas sales, and then the circa January CES sales... Something tells me that between Christmas and February 2012 prices on all these TVs are going to take a drastic tumble in anticipation of the much vaunted Panasonic 2012 models... After Christmas, these prices will have nowhere to go but South, that is if you have the patience to wait..., which I personally can because I have a couple of smaller screen alternatives to watch until these prices come to my own budget level... I just want to go bigger because 3d looks rather crappy on the smaller screens.

Of course, I can't guarantee anything, but I trust in the law of gravity, and prices are not immune to it

Maybe true, but I am loooving my new TV right now...
Mathelo's Avatar Mathelo 11:13 AM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmafia View Post

louis, congrats on the deal....we missed black friday but i still think we did good! now lets hope we get newer build dates

Received my 55VT30 Friday evening. Very quick delivery through CEVA. I ordered it late Tuesday night and I wasn't expecting it until next week.

Service was very professional and the driver managed to carry it up to our master bedroom with no help. Setup was worth the white glove delivery.

Be aware, this set does not come with an HDMI cable. Make sure you have one available.

I've not had the chance to work with it much yet but I'll report back in the owners thread my results after break-in and calibration.

Louis
quack724's Avatar quack724 11:52 AM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motovet View Post

Did you try anyway?

nope. Kilo saved me time as well. Thanks Kilo for checking
musicmafia's Avatar musicmafia 05:29 PM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post

Received my 55VT30 Friday evening. Very quick delivery through CEVA. I ordered it late Tuesday night and I wasn't expecting it until next week.

Service was very professional and the driver managed to carry it up to our master bedroom with no help. Setup was worth the white glove delivery.

Be aware, this set does not come with an HDMI cable. Make sure you have one available.

I've not had the chance to work with it much yet but I'll report back in the owners thread my results after break-in and calibration.

Louis

cool...btw, what was the build date?

mine is taking longer for some reason...they told me wednesday next week..
musicmafia's Avatar musicmafia 05:43 PM 12-17-2011
the bottom line is this: if you like amazon's policies and prefer to order from them, but you want a price match from another site, it has to be from a site on their price match list (posted earlier in this thread) and it has to be in stock at the time of your amazon order.

after that, how the price match is charged and your final price (with or without shipping charges) is entirely a crap shoot based on the rep you get on the phone.

technically their policy is to charge you what the other site would charge you for the item PLUS white glove shipping BUT as many have written here, they often do not charge extra for the shipping. it would be fair to give everyone the same deal but for now, if one rep doesnt give you the free shipping you may very well call back 5 minutes later and get a rep who will.

most of the 65's matched from us-appliance were matched straight up with no shipping. my 55 from frys offered standard shipping at $129 and white glove for $189 and amazon charged me $189. i had them on the phone an hour and just gave in. i should have just hung up and kept dialing.

if anyone else has done a price match from frys i would be interested in what amazon charged you but it seems to be luck of the draw getting a rep who won't upcharge the shipping.
Motovet's Avatar Motovet 06:04 PM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack724 View Post

nope. Kilo saved me time as well. Thanks Kilo for checking

I probably would have called a couple days back when US had them stocked, but work has been so hectic I never had time to call. It's not that I'm in a rush anyway as I'm now watching a professionally calibrated 2009 65" S series, but plan on moving this set to our family's newly built vacation cabin so I can upgrade to the VT and try out some 3D at the same time.

Now it's just a matter of how much stock remains out there, and where the pricepoint lands to sell them off.

Supply and demand........
musicmafia's Avatar musicmafia 06:57 PM 12-17-2011
i think most agree the prices will come down after the holidays and/or after new models are announced at ces
Rhetor's Avatar Rhetor 07:24 PM 12-17-2011
Quote:

the bottom line is this: if you like amazon's policies and prefer to order from them, but you want a price match from another site, it has to be from a site on their price match list (posted earlier in this thread) and it has to be in stock at the time of your amazon order.

after that, how the price match is charged and your final price (with or without shipping charges) is entirely a crap shoot based on the rep you get on the phone.

technically their policy is to charge you what the other site would charge you for the item PLUS white glove shipping BUT as many have written here, they often do not charge extra for the shipping. it would be fair to give everyone the same deal but for now, if one rep doesnt give you the free shipping you may very well call back 5 minutes later and get a rep who will.

most of the 65's matched from us-appliance were matched straight up with no shipping. my 55 from frys offered standard shipping at $129 and white glove for $189 and amazon charged me $189. i had them on the phone an hour and just gave in. i should have just hung up and kept dialing.

if anyone else has done a price match from frys i would be interested in what amazon charged you but it seems to be luck of the draw getting a rep who won't upcharge the shipping.

I am not sure, but as I have watched on the 65vt30 amazon price matching this week, different days and different hours until I pulled the trigger myself, on whether amazon rep charged for shipping or not, it just seemed to depend on the site they were matching to. When the my amazon rep went to match mine, at that time on Monday afternoon, there was no white glove shipping charge showing up on us-applance site . . . it was during a time that day us-appliance offered free shipping. The amazon rep matched the price on the final click one more button and you order page of us-appliance. Others were being charged by amazon the $90, at times when us-appliance was requiring $90 white glove accompany the purchase. For those matching with Fry's, their charge when prices was checked was $189 added for delivery service, so amazon added that.

Whether $90, $189, or $0, it seems amazon in those days was mirroring their match to the cost (shipping or free shipping) at the moment the amazon rep matched the other sites offer. Some of us were just lucky enough to be matching during an hour of free shipping . . . I would still have gladly paid the $90 shipping if I had to . . . still a great deal. Amazon just matched the price for me in a window the other site had free shipping.

I think amazon is consistent in their price match: 1) it has to be from a list of etailers amazon recognizes; and 2) at the moment you order, is their a shipping or white glove charge required on the site amazon is matching that moment.

My recent transaction makes me like amazon even more, but amazon still has to compete with other etailers, many of whom get my business, because most often they have stock and a great price to start with, or I would never go to amazon for a price match. Amazon is a great etailer, especially for prime members; but there are a lot of other etailers I love, because amazon quite often can't match their stock, because amazon price match is valid only for amazon stock and a select number of third party sellers, not all of the third party etailers piggy backing with amazon for the price match.

Anyways, I think that is what happened. If I find out I am wrong, my world won't collapse. Just making an educated guess about the disparity of some paying for white glove service and others not on the price match sales.
DavidHir's Avatar DavidHir 07:43 PM 12-17-2011
Quote:

i think most agree the prices will come down after the holidays and/or after new models are announced at ces

Perhaps a little, but I just cannot see a 65VT30 dropping much more than $2500 shipped. I don't recall last year's 65VT25 selling below that.
Rhetor's Avatar Rhetor 08:04 PM 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Perhaps a little, but I just cannot see a 65VT30 dropping much more than $2500 shipped. I don't recall last year's 65VT25 selling below that.

I pulled the trigger on Monday at $2497 . . . I just don't foresee lower prices on the 65VT until the 2012 VT50's are in the pipeline and being deliverd . . . and maybe even then, it might not be until closeouts before we might see anything consistently really below $2500 again.

But, then again, there won't be another Black Friday until next November or another CHristmas sale after this month till December again next year. Simple reason for missing that great deal . . . my wife did not tell me until last Monday that I could buy a new plasma!

But . . . I could be wrong. THey may get hungry to move some existing stock in a lull . . . and somebody might dump a train car full well below $2500 . . . you just never know! I am glac I pulled the trigger on last week's deal. I hope many more get the chance again before the beginning of the new year. I sure hope so for anybody who missed it last week.

Still waiting myself to see another Denon 4311ci on sale for $1299 like last Sunday's one day, limited number sale. I missed the Denon one day sale, because I did not even know I was buying a 3D Panasonic 65VT30 until Monday, when the lovely wife said, "Don't you think it is time for a bigger tv than we have in our old Pioneer HD5070?" I said, "Honey, if you really think so, I will see what I can find." :-)
tpham's Avatar tpham 08:25 PM 12-17-2011
Would new owners of 65VT please post the mounting holes measurements (See below), please. Post here or PM.

Thanks.

Upper mounting holes to the top edge?
Lower mounting holes to the bottom edge?
How far apart from left to right mounting holes.?
MaXPL's Avatar MaXPL 06:31 AM 12-18-2011
I'd just be happy if I could get one for $2500 right now. I missed the price match deal and am in urgent need to buy one for someone within the next week and a half, but only want to do it if its less than $3k.

Does Amazon make price adjustments within 30 days of purchase? Meaning if the price drops there or any of their competitors,that they price match, they'll adjust the price i bought at?
-KILO-'s Avatar -KILO- 08:53 AM 12-18-2011
Amazon has a 14 day price guarantee after date of shipment
DavidHir's Avatar DavidHir 10:21 AM 12-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXPL View Post

I'd just be happy if I could get one for $2500 right now. I missed the price match deal and am in urgent need to buy one for someone within the next week and a half, but only want to do it if its less than $3k.

Does Amazon make price adjustments within 30 days of purchase? Meaning if the price drops there or any of their competitors,that they price match, they'll adjust the price i bought at?

That's what I am not so sure about either.
Rhetor's Avatar Rhetor 11:48 AM 12-18-2011
Quote:

That's what I am not so sure about either.

Quote:

Amazon is a 14 day price guarantee on TVs. Link to their price guarantee policy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200556860
musicmafia's Avatar musicmafia 11:55 AM 12-18-2011
rhetor is correct...if one of the price match sites or even amazon themselves drop the price within 14 days they will refund the difference...thats what the amazon rep told me anyway...
MaXPL's Avatar MaXPL 06:37 PM 12-18-2011
can any 65" owner do me a favor and measure the side dimensions of the box? i need to know whether it'll fit in my SUV or if I need to borrow someone's truck.

a store here has one in stock where as the earliest delivery is shown as January 5th which I find ridiculous.

edit: nvm i think i found em. 46.9" x 67.7" x 14.9"
i have about 55 inches of diagonal space so that should work.
geomark's Avatar geomark 09:54 PM 12-18-2011
This tv is in my top list but it's too bad I can't see what it's really capable of quality wise. The guys at BB have it in the Magnolia section but it's facing out towards the store with all the ambiant light...all you see is glare.
Brahmzy's Avatar Brahmzy 10:59 PM 12-18-2011
Anybody know if US A is getting the 65 back stock early this week?
I'm itching' to pull the trigger and that's an insane match from Amazon.
It'd be at least 300-400 more here locally +tax.
sahmen's Avatar sahmen 06:36 AM 12-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post

Maybe true, but I am loooving my new TV right now...

Of course you are! Enjoy! It will be my turn, soon enough.
sahmen's Avatar sahmen 06:39 AM 12-19-2011
Quote:

As a wise man once said, "never say never." Besides, it's capitalism, and some price-drops bordering on the miraculous can always happen... I've seen a few myself. Stay tuned.
MaXPL's Avatar MaXPL 10:07 AM 12-19-2011
i've found an offer better than US Appliance.

i'll post the info once i order. dont want them to go out of stock.
DavidHir's Avatar DavidHir 11:11 AM 12-19-2011
Quote:

i've found an offer better than US Appliance.

i'll post the info once i order. dont want them to go out of stock.

Then why didn't you post this after until you've ordered?
quack724's Avatar quack724 11:40 AM 12-19-2011
Quote:

Then why didn't you post this after until you've ordered?

what a tease! i've been refreshing this page over and over this morning
MaXPL's Avatar MaXPL 11:40 AM 12-19-2011
so you guys didnt do something stupid and buy it for current amazon/bestbuy pricing.

it's ABT btw. theyre selling it for $2800 with no tax, but theyre good with negotiation as I recall, and I got it much lower than that.

one downside is returns will cost you unless its defect. oh and remember to use your discover card through discover.com to get 5% back as well, so thats another $100+ off.
dudley07726's Avatar dudley07726 12:07 PM 12-19-2011
Quote:

so you guys didnt do something stupid and buy it for current amazon/bestbuy pricing.

it's ABT btw. theyre selling it for $2800 with no tax, but theyre good with negotiation as I recall, and I got it much lower than that.

one downside is returns will cost you unless its defect. oh and remember to use your discover card through discover.com to get 5% back as well, so thats another $100+ off.

Add $100 for ABT white glove service. Amazon included that, This was a heavy item. There was no way my wife an I were going to put it on its stand and lift it up on the cabinet.
MaXPL's Avatar MaXPL 12:09 PM 12-19-2011
or ask them to throw it in for free?

this isnt amazon, you can negotiate. even through chat...
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop