post #151 of 526 Old 12-31-2011, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Electronics Expo deals: after applying coupon code: 2012

55vt30 : $1,808.53 shipped

65vt30 : $2,731.97 shipped

Not as great as the US Appliance deal, but Electronics expo's name is on the Amazon.com price matching list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 526 Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Liked: 10
55vt30 at Frys for $1699. Hello new bedroom TV!
post #153 of 526 Old 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmen View Post

Electronics Expo deals: after applying coupon code: 2012

55vt30 : $1,808.53 shipped

65vt30 : $2,731.97 shipped

Not as great as the US Appliance deal, but Electronics expo's name is on the Amazon.com price matching list.

Tried to match this with Amazon and they won't do it because you have to use a coupon code.
post #154 of 526 Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmkf View Post

Tried to match this with Amazon and they won't do it because you have to use a coupon code.

Does anyone understand why Amazon.com will do no matching when a coupon code is involved?
post #155 of 526 Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Probably this part in their Price Match Guarantee:

Quote:

6. Time-limited sales events (such as Black Friday, "early bird" or "door buster" offers ), offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of business sales, and loyalty program offers are also ineligible for the Guarantee.

I believe they consider it a time-limited sales event.
post #156 of 526 Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 PM

I can confirm the 55VT30 is $1699 in-store at Fry's in Anaheim, CA. Tag at the TV says it is $1797, but I asked if they had any in stock, and the price said $1699.

Went to Best Buy where I get Rewards points and price-matched to $1699 with free in-home delivery.

Hell of a deal.
post #157 of 526 Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmkf View Post

Probably this part in their Price Match Guarantee:

I believe they consider it a time-limited sales event.

Well, it gets a little tricky here since all sales prices (including even MSRPs and Amazon's own prices) are to some degree "time-limited." I wonder how much the response one gets in these cases depends on the particular sales rep one talks to. But I think I understand what you mean.
post #158 of 526 Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguapolo17 View Post

I can confirm the 55VT30 is $1699 in-store at Fry's in Anaheim, CA. Tag at the TV says it is $1797, but I asked if they had any in stock, and the price said $1699.

Went to Best Buy where I get Rewards points and price-matched to $1699 with free in-home delivery.

Hell of a deal.

Fry's in Anaheim quoted me $2799 for the 65VT30. That's $200 better than the going price at the local Best Buy. I'll know today if BB will match that price and deliver for free.
post #159 of 526 Old 01-04-2012, 05:29 AM

Liked: 16
For those who have can get corporate discounts through Panasonic, the price is currently $2,699.96 on their website. I know my local best buy has offered to match it when I've brought the print out with me.
post #160 of 526 Old 01-04-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDBecker View Post

For those who have can get corporate discounts through Panasonic, the price is currently $2,699.96 on their website. I know my local best buy has offered to match it when I've brought the print out with me.

Where did you find the $2699.96 price. I need a link.
post #161 of 526 Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Liked: 16
It's listed on the shop panasonic website assuming you have logged into their site with a registered username/password. You need to registered your work e-mail address with the Panasonic Employee Purchase Program website, but you should get your username/password a minute or two after you register.
post #162 of 526 Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptPoint View Post

Where did you find the $2699.96 price. I need a link.

You login to shop.panasonic.com but you have to register first. I don't see the $2699.96 price for the 65VT30 though on the site, I see $2899.96 (65VT30) + 0.01 (Freetalk Conference Camera) so that price may have ended.

I finally got my 65VT30 delivered from Amazon, I ordered from them in December and had them PM US-Appliance which was in stock at the time but was out of town till last week. Set is a Sept/2011 build with MJ serial number.
post #163 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM

any speculation on when we will see a further drop in price on 65vt30?
post #164 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 AM

I second that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantacy5 View Post

post #165 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Hard to say. Prices on everything are higher right now and inventory is supposed to be getting very low soon...like last year. There might not be a need for a price drop.

post #166 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Think us-appliance will ever get more in stock??? They seem to have the best prices. I just can't push it near the $3000 mark.

Maybe closer to the Super Bowl... oh, I'm sorry, "Big Game"?
post #167 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Hard to say. Prices on everything are higher right now and inventory is supposed to be getting very low soon...like last year. There might not be a need for a price drop.

Very upsetting news but hard to argue. I've been watching several sets from both Panny and Samsung that haven't moved much at all in price...
post #168 of 526 Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Very upsetting news but hard to argue. I've been watching several sets from both Panny and Samsung that haven't moved much at all in price...

wait for February....because most had extended returns till Jan end. If they drop prices now, all of the folks who purchased in the holiday season would either return their TV (for free) and get a new one for cheaper or ask for a refund for the difference.
post #169 of 526 Old 01-14-2012, 06:47 PM

Ordered 55VT30 from Amazon yesterday.

Just found that frys.com says I can pick up the set at my local B&M location for 1699.99 + tax. Reported this to Amazon.

Anyone have experience of trying to use Amazon's Price Match Guarantee? I just spoke with a customer service rep who said the only thing to do is report with "tell us about a lower price?" Then the marketing team will investigate and I'm to watch for a lower price on Amazon within a week. What happens if the marketing team just decides to ignore the price?
post #170 of 526 Old 01-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Sorry guys. I've gone back and looked over the thread and it's clear that many people have experience of Amazon's price matching. My excitement about finding the lower price at Frys simply overwhelmed my patience to read the thread from post #1.

So, it appears that a Frys price match will likely include a 189.00 white glove delivery fee...which still brings the price to only 1888.00 vs. the 2149.95 that I ordered at Amazon.

Fingers crossed that they match that price.
post #171 of 526 Old 01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post

wait for February....because most had extended returns till Jan end. If they drop prices now, all of the folks who purchased in the holiday season would either return their TV (for free) and get a new one for cheaper or ask for a refund for the difference.

It was hard as heck to find VTs last Feb.

post #172 of 526 Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM

Aaahhhhh... that's no good! So no "Big Game" sale????

Quote:

It was hard as heck to find VTs last Feb.

post #173 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunOff View Post

Ordered 55VT30 from Amazon yesterday.

Just found that frys.com says I can pick up the set at my local B&M location for 1699.99 + tax. Reported this to Amazon.

Anyone have experience of trying to use Amazon's Price Match Guarantee? I just spoke with a customer service rep who said the only thing to do is report with "tell us about a lower price?" Then the marketing team will investigate and I'm to watch for a lower price on Amazon within a week. What happens if the marketing team just decides to ignore the price?

If this is a limited time deal from Fry's just go and pick up the TV from Fry's, and when the Amazon order arrives, refuse the delivery. That is if Amazon does not match the price.
post #174 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Liked: 20
I just purchased a 55VT30 from BB in store for $1899.99. They had it on sale for $1999.99, but are having a 5% off promo if you sign up for the RZ visa card that offers the 36 month free financing. I believe the 5% off s only good for today and Monday.
post #175 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post

If this is a limited time deal from Fry's just go and pick up the TV from Fry's, and when the Amazon order arrives, refuse the delivery. That is if Amazon does not match the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunOff View Post

Sorry guys. I've gone back and looked over the thread and it's clear that many people have experience of Amazon's price matching. My excitement about finding the lower price at Frys simply overwhelmed my patience to read the thread from post #1.

So, it appears that a Frys price match will likely include a 189.00 white glove delivery fee...which still brings the price to only 1888.00 vs. the 2149.95 that I ordered at Amazon.

Fingers crossed that they match that price.

I got the price match from Amazon in December . . . But had to call twice, and then ask for the second CSR's supervisor . . . Amazon does require the addition of the white glove charge about 99% of the time--I got lucky and did not have to pay it . . . There were a couple of hours tht US Applicance did not require the white glove service so Amazon did not require it of me on a price match).

Every call to Amazon is a different CSR . . . So, call agin And explain simply that if they do not price match, you intend to cancel your order immediately and just go down to Fry's and buy theirs. If the CSR does not help, just politely and simply ask for the person's supervisor and speak to that person kindly. You have a 30 day no questions asked return option when ordering a tv from Amazon; they are great to work with on a price match or return for any reason within 30 days. My original set came with 4 bad pixels in a square....one phone call and amazon swapped out the tv and the new one arrived in four days.

What any and every Amazon CSR or their supervisor must be able to do is to verify at the time you call that the price they are matching is being offered at that moment.. You must provide an active web link or a number to the local Fry's (when Fry's is open) if it is just a local deal so Amazon can verify with you on hold that the better deal you have found is active at the moment you order.

Also, there is a 14-day low price guarantee after you purchase a tv with amazon, which in reality, unless you cancel your current Amazon order first, would be your situation . . . But they only do this during the 14 day period one time.

Call back, be patient, and kindly ask for a supervisor if you need to. All CSRs are not equal. Some are new and don't know all of Amazon's own policies. And, if you get too frustrated, just cancel your order with Amazon (you will not get your credit back until they get their tv back--so you would be best to get an RMA from them and setup the pick up return for the date and time of delivery so you can put the RMA code onto the box) ...you do not have to wait until it arrives from Amazon to cancel--you just have to wait for them to get the tv back to give you the credit back) . . . and go down to Fry's and buy theirs.

I have simply found Amazon amazing on price match for tv's and of great help when their is a problem trying to order or when a defective unit arrives. You may just have to talk to a different CSR . . . But IMHO it is worth the trouble.

Sure, there are a lot of good online places to order from, for me, I have found Amazon amazing to work with . . . Just have to get the right CSR or supervisor . . . If not, just call back again.

To be fair to Amazon, they cannot match what they cannot verify, so make it easy for them and have the verification info ready when you call, so they can do the verification while you are on hold. I am sure the CSRs get some wacky unverifiable claims when some people call . . .

And it is very hard to beat Amazon's "return the tv for any reason during the first 30 days" policy. Along with the price match, that sold me on buying from Amazon . . . Just waited on a low price they could verify with me on hold . . . $2487 delivered total for the Pani 65Vt30 and got it a few days before Christmas was amazing. A four day turnaround by Amazon replacement on a defective set was amazing. Now that the replacement unit is setup (did 200 hours of slides and D-Nice's settings) . . . Well, it has been worth every penny already . . . The Vt30's are amazing TVs . . . The vt50's will be out soon and be more expensive . . . But the vt30's are proven, have great support, and are available now.

Hope that helps and you get the better price.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #176 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Quote:

When a seller, big box store or online gets hungry. Post Christmas sales are lean since on average 75% of retailers profits come during the Christmas season . . . And the VT50's are not out yet . . .

Somebody will get hungry to sell . . . Somebody will let us know on this thread.

But all of the VT30's will drop when the VT50's go into the resale pipeline . . . Sure, the 2012's VT50's will be a little better than our VT30s, but a lot more expensive until next Christmas when there will be VT50 sales . . .

When the VT50's become for sale, the VT30's will drop again . . . And you never know, when the next quarterly profits reports are about to come out or if somebody gets hungry to sell before then, VT30's will go down again . . . Supply and demand and the need to move stock will result in another sale . . . Could be soon . . . Could be later.

I hope it happens soon for all of those who missed out.

Just be patient and keep watching this thread. Somebody will come through . . . This is an amazing forum with outstanding members who help each other!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #177 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

All sounds good, but production ended on the VT30 in November. Inventory is about to get VERY low as an insider discussed on another forum. This happened last year, as well. There wasn't much of a need to sell these at clearance prices. I wouldn't wait too long...

post #178 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:

All sounds good, but production ended on the VT30 in November. Inventory is about to get VERY low as an insider discussed on another forum. This happened last year, as well. There wasn't much of a need to sell these at clearance prices. I wouldn't wait too long...

Why in the world would Panasonic stop production of current sets 7-8 months before the new TV's hit the shelves?? Also, does this alledged production stop apply to all the "30" series sets? Thanks btw, just seems weird for a company to ignore the obvious demand for their product
post #179 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply Rhetor. Anyone interested in picking up the 55VT30, I recommend doing just as Rhetor specified and get them to match the current price at Frys.

I was able to get in touch with the Large Item Dept. at Amazon today and spoke with the most pleasant CSR imaginable. I was told that Amazon would need to add a $50 dollar delivery fee to be fair...I had no problem agreeing to that.

When all was said and painlessly done, the CSR had confirmed the price through Frys website and agreed to match their price + $50.

My order from Amazon shipped today, so my final price came to $1749. AWESOME with all the Amazon bonuses that Rhetor enumerated!

Thanks all for sharing your experiences here. It helped me figure out how to push the price match through.

Scheduled delivery Friday, and I start it on slides for 100 hours. Can't Wait!

Now, if only Panasonic would start shipping more 3rd gen glasses...I can't find them anywhere at a decent price. It's like all the retailers are scalping them.
post #180 of 526 Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturus View Post

Why in the world would Panasonic stop production of current sets 7-8 months before the new TV's hit the shelves?? Also, does this alledged production stop apply to all the "30" series sets? Thanks btw, just seems weird for a company to ignore the obvious demand for their product

Nothing weird or alleged at all. You will not find a January 2012 build VT30. The production lines have to get ramped up. The focus is on the 2012 models.

The 2012s start arriving in March....some ST50 and lower models could even arrive in Feb. in a few places.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page