AVS Forum banner

Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only

78K views 525 replies 130 participants last post by  caiazpa 
#1 ·
Its been hard searching for the current deals with all the different threads so I thought we could devote one thread solely to 55VT30 and 65VT30 and keep it updated for the best deals for those of us looking for a VT30.

#461 ·
Amazon refused to price match this deal at Frys for me. The cited the following in their terms and conditions for the "TV Low Price Guarantee":

6. Time-limited sales events (such as Black Friday, "early bird" or "door buster" offers ), offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of business sales, and loyalty program offers are also ineligible for the Guarantee.

It may depend on who you speak with, so please let us know if anyone happens to get them to honor a price match. The ad is available on the Frys website.

#462 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmcguir14 /forum/post/21824424

The item still exists in the database on the Frys site. The item number is 6629194. The proper search result comes back, but the contents of the entry have been suppressed. From the ad: One day sale, in-store only, some demo, some open. $1599

When I use this code to search on the frys.com site it says 1 item found but then the search results are blank and it doesn't have any product page to link to.

#463 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas /forum/post/21825105

When I use this code to search on the frys.com site it says 1 item found but then the search results are blank and it doesn't have any product page to link to.

My experience as well but as a previous poster mentioned, in the now published ad for the 1 day sale it does list the item #. That # does cross reference with the 65VT30 when you speak to a sales associate at FRY's for those of you trying to work a price match.

My attempts have not been successful thus far with Best Buy. They refuse to match the price on a 1 day sale even after speaking to the manager and offering to get the 4 year protection plan. Frustrating.

#464 ·
The FRY's Downers Grove demo model didn't last long as I picked it up! It's a October 2011 build date and was installed in their theater room 3.5 months ago. It only have 700 hours on it and no burn in. Looks awesome mounted up on my wall!

The manager on duty forced me to bundle a sound bar with it to get the price, lame. Harman Kardon SB 16 - this is brand new. If anyone has need for this contact me. it's $599 retail. I wonder if I can return the sound bar, the receipt doesn't say I can't?

#465 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 /forum/post/0

The FRY's Downers Grove demo model didn't last long as I picked it up! It's a October 2011 build date and was installed in their theater room 3.5 months ago. It only have 700 hours on it and no burn in. Looks awesome mounted up on my wall!

The manager on duty forced me to bundle a sound bar with it to get the price, lame. Harman Kardon SB 16 - this is brand new. If anyone has need for this contact me. it's $599 retail. I wonder if I can return the sound bar, the receipt doesn't say I can't?

I would be returning it ASAP.

#469 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater Malison /forum/post/21824146

***ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL FRY'S CUSTOMERS****

Today may be your lucky day. I have just added the 65VT30 to my cart twice, the 1st time under freight shipping, the 2nd under store pick up. The checkout price you ask?

$1599! A glitch in the website or the 1 day unadvertised sale of the year? Time will tell but here's the goods for those of you who don't have a FRY's account. No Promo codes just added it to the cart:

[/URL] [/IMG]

UPDATE: DAMN! As of 2:45am pst even though the item is listed as available at local stores when you add the 65vt30 to your cart it just says the item is not available. May have been too good to be true. Will check back in the morning.

Crud. I think I just passed the 30 days on my ST30, for nearly the same price. (still a good deal!) I'll have to double-check my receipts.

I would never buy a demo plasma from Frys, though. I've seen those sets used and abused WAY too hard to trust it. Perhaps with LCD, but something more sensitive like plasma, no way. Torch mode on crappy demo material (at best) or even BR menus for 12 hours per day? No thanks. Maybe someone would get lucky, but those aren't dive I'm comfortable rolling.

#470 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 /forum/post/21828331

This is an old Fry's tactic, I once bought another Panny from Fry's with a similar crazy deal. They basically forced me to buy cables and cleaner. I went back the next day and returned it, they put it back on my card.

They didn't go as far to say that they wouldn't sell me the TV if I didn't buy the other crap, but they really pressured me into buying the other junk.

This tactic is really odd - to hear that it's repeated in various Fry's makes me wonder if it's even legal.

Anyway - go back and return the HK SB 16.

Let us know what you hear from corporate. I'm wondering if I should also email them with my experience.

-JR

#473 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve w. /forum/post/21833227

Just pulled the trigger on the 65vt30. I didn't get the price you guys are talking about. I ordered through ABT for $2426 brand new.

Killer deal.... BB priced matched me at 2499 so I am not to worried...

Got the TV delivered today so I am going to start the slides and D-nice prep settings...

#476 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by malini1979 /forum/post/21849512

I am also desperately looking for 65vt30 deals . I missed the one at frys $1599. Hope I get another one soon ...!!!

You're not likely to see that good a deal again, but you never know. Keep in mind that deal was in-store only and for most people was demo units and varied widely from store-to-store.

I only bring this up because if you have your heart set on this particular TV and hold out for a deal at or near that, you may end up out of luck when the inventories dry up soon. If you're not committed to this model, by all means wait it out and see what happens.

#480 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by malini1979 /forum/post/21849524

You are right "Citivas". I am kind off 50-50 between 55vt50 and 65vt30 ...!! Just want to see if vt50 is worth spending additional $$$$$ or I will buy vt30 itself. So far I have not seen any authentic reviews on vt50s except they are 30% brighter than the vt30s .

To each their own, but my advice when deciding between bigger vs better with high-end TV's is always go for BIGGER. That's not necessarily true when comparing let's say the entry-level LCD against the top-line plasma. But between the VT30 and the VT50, while the VT50 is sounding very impressive in early tests and reviews, you will almost certainly not experience such a "wow" of a visual difference to justify such a huge sacrifice in screen size. And the difference between 55-66 is truly significant. I would, for example, if they were priced the same and I had hit my spending limit, even take a 65" ST30 over a 55" VT50. And then stop torturing yourself reading about "reference" quality black levels. Trust me, the ST30 is still excellent by the typical users standard, as are the 6500-8000 series Samsungs (as long as you aren't one of those prone to hearing the buzz badly).

Good luck in any event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.