60" LG 60pv450. Will I be disappointed?, avsforum" /> 60" LG 60pv450. Will I be disappointed? Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!" /> Panasonic 50" Pro Plasma (TH-50H9) ==> 60" LG 60pv450. Will I be disappointed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-30-2012, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
gabner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2006 Panasonic 50" Pro Plasma (TH-50H9) ==> 2011 60" LG 60pv450. Will I be disappointed?

I got a great deal on the LG 60pv450, $799 free shipping no tax. It's on it's way but I'm wondering if I will regret the purchase.

I primarily will use the plasma with a HTPC. My current TH-50H9 is connected via DVI with a 1:1 pixel display and it looks great.

Any opinions?
Thanks.
Gary

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK
Expressvu 6200
gabner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Newbie
 
smokemonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: St. Cloud Florida
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i certainly would like to know where you got it for that price. i looked around on the web, and i could not find one under $1200.00
smokemonster is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
gabner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemonster View Post

i certainly would like to know where you got it for that price. i looked around on the web, and i could not find one under $1200.00

Google search the model # and newegg and hot deal. It's expired now and back to a higher price.

Anyone comment on if im moving up our down from this 5 year old plasma?

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK
Expressvu 6200
gabner is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
gabner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone?

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK
Expressvu 6200
gabner is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Member
 
goldicon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wow thats a good deal! I have the same tv its got a beautiful picture especially after the pots tweak now the black levels are really good. at least for me it is, it just blows my old lcd out of the water.
goldicon12 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Member
 
AVonaBudget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Gloucester Township, NJ
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabner View Post

2006 Panasonic 50" Pro Plasma (TH-50H9) ==> 2011 60" LG 60pv450. Will I be disappointed?

I got a great deal on the LG 60pv450, $799 free shipping no tax. It's on it's way but I'm wondering if I will regret the purchase.

I primarily will use the plasma with a HTPC. My current TH-50H9 is connected via DVI with a 1:1 pixel display and it looks great.

Any opinions?
Thanks.
Gary

I got the same deal as you from NewEgg....You definitely will not regret it....Especially after tweaking to get the most out of the set.

Check out these threads for lots of good info:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346417

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1372479

Good Luck!!!

Don't make excuses...make time!
AVonaBudget is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-03-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
gabner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVonaBudget View Post

I got the same deal as you from NewEgg....You definitely will not regret it....Especially after tweaking to get the most out of the set.

Check out these threads for lots of good info:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346417

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1372479

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for comments and the links. Ive just never seen blacks as dark with great visable shadows as my beloved pro panny.

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK
Expressvu 6200
gabner is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Lg 50pv450 Plasma Hdtv , Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread - 50pv450 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off