BB Price Match extended to 60 days-time to buy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI Best Buy has extended their price match time frame to 60 days, so that if they drop their price within 60 days, they will refund the difference. With 2011 models on the way out, and new models coming in, is it safe to assume that within the next 60 days, prices will fall on the existing models to clear out any inventory?

Time to pull the trigger, so I don't get shut out (like I did on the $729 ST30??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaniac View Post

FYI Best Buy has extended their price match time frame to 60 days, so that if they drop their price within 60 days, they will refund the difference. With 2011 models on the way out, and new models coming in, is it safe to assume that within the next 60 days, prices will fall on the existing models to clear out any inventory?

Time to pull the trigger, so I don't get shut out (like I did on the $729 ST30??)

Unless theyre willing and able to price match the Frys/Costco/Amazon etc then heck no. BB is usually a good 20-30% higher than other places to begin with , there closeout/clearance prices are usually every day deals at other places.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Only if BEST BUY drops THEIR prices within 60-days? Or does it also work for competitors?

Whether or not prices fall on remaining 2011 inventory may well depend on whether there IS any remaining inventory of whatever model you select.

60-days is better than 30-days - the 14 days that Amazon grants, which has always seemed an oddity in the policy - but would NOT "overspend" for a particular set in the HOPES that the price will drop during the following 60 days....
Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr View Post

Only if BEST BUY drops THEIR prices within 60-days? Or does it also work for competitors?

They will match LOCAL competitors, too (i.e. brick and mortar), not amazon, etc. I've heard conflicting stories over whether they'll match Sam's Club, etc.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:

They will match LOCAL competitors, too (i.e. brick and mortar), not amazon, etc. I've heard conflicting stories over whether they'll match Sam's Club, etc.

They only match brick and mortars that have the item in stock. I had to deal with that today from them. They would not price match Sears 45 minutes away that had the same set for 200 less despite the fact that google said they had limited supply.

They actually called Sears to make sure they had the set in stock, when Sears said no they would not price match.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 AM

They won't match wholesalers like Sam's Club or Costco. They'll price match pretty much anything other B&M retailer, and at least at my store we price match Amazon so long as the item in question is shipped and sold by Amazon.

The 60-day Price Guarantee doesn't apply to just their prices but qualifying competitors pricing too.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Not true, my Best Buy matches Amazon all the time, and so do other Best Buy's I have been to.

My brother was looking for a new Sub two weeks ago and Amazon had it for $150 and Best Buy had it for $250. They looked it up and priced matched with no issue's. As long as it's stock and sold by amazon.

They are always price matching Amazon for me without issue. They have been for about a year now.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Grif-
That's interesting. I was specifically told by BB ee's that they would NOT match online retailers. I guess it's worth a shot. (Customer Service Roulette)

Now I'm looking at Sony KDL NX720. BB has at $1079 I think, but I have read that others have had it under $1k...