Pull the trigger on PN64D7000? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Gents,

Made the decision a while ago I was going to go with this TV, but I have been eyeing the price seeing if its ever going to drop at all or see if maybe someone will run one of these promos on it....not so lucky.

Kind of tired of waiting, and I don't feel like waiting for a 2012 model. Ive seen it for $2150 on a few sites but not sure how I feel about ordering from a site with only a few reviews. Amazon has it for $2300. You guys think I should wait and see if anything drops or say eff it. Its been locked in at that price for weeks I feel like....no Presidents day, no Superbowl, no march madness specials on this beast.

After seeing the 64D8000 + bundle for 1800 at fry's makes me wonder if the 7000 will see a similar deal

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM

A lot of places are Almost out of their stock. I just got the same tv 64d7000 with blu and 3d glasses from pauls tv for 2200, free shipping. Pm me and ill give u the number and name of the dude who hooked up the deal. He said they only had about 8 left and supposedly pauls will price match after 30 days (on the bill they seperate the price of everything in bundle so the d7000 is about 2050... if it goes lower they will match BUT they cannot sell tv alone for thaat price).

Doubt u will see the frys price on that again since almost all local frys r completely out. Also it wasnt the bundle just the tv. Btw have u ever bought a tv from frys during one of these insane deals? Lots of times they just have a few of the tvs at that price and then sold out.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanthanidedude View Post

A lot of places are Almost out of their stock. I just got the same tv 64d8000 with blu and 3d glasses from pauls tv for 1200, free shipping. Pm me and ill give u the number and name of the dude who hooked up the deal. He said they only had about 8 left and supposedly pauls will price match after 30 days (on the bill they seperate the price of everything in bundle so the d7000 is about 2050... if it goes lower they will match BUT they cannot sell tv alone for thaat price).

Doubt u will see the frys price on that again since almost all local frys r completely out

Did you mean $2,200??
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 190
The same thing has been killing me. This is such an usual year in having them controlled inventory so well that we don't see the best deals at closeout so it's frustrating to see it hundreds of dollars more than it once was.

I think this would be my preferred set as well (prefer the design, weight, profile and cost (and bluetooth) of the glasses over the VT Panny), but it drives me crazy that the best deals on it are only $100 or so better than what I can, for example, get the 65VT30 for right now. I keep vacillating on getting that one, but actually think I like the Samsung's this year better and am put off by the problems in this year's Panny's that were not fixed (color decoding) or which may require having a service tech out to fix. On the other hand, I'm concerned about waiting into next year in case Sammy really sticks (hard to imagine though) with this Apple-liked forced-MSPR pricing model they supposedly are going to enface with 2012 models... If there was a sub-$2,000 price on the 64D7000 (or the 8000) I would jump immediately.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 192darkhorse View Post

Hi Gents,

Ive seen it for $2150 on a few sites but not sure how I feel about ordering from a site with only a few reviews.
Thanks

Which sites have you seen it for $2,150? Amazon would likely match them.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboy207 View Post

Did you mean $2,200??

Lol yes. Sorry

Tags
Samsung Pn64d7000 64 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black