Has Anyone ordered from Exclusivetvs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Exclusivetvs.com has the Panasonic 65VT30 for $2437 with free shipping. Looks like they are located in Delaware. Anyone ordered from them and are they reputable? Looks like a great price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Check out the thread on VT30 prices. Lots of good info--e.g., Tuesday Morning has this set for $2,499 (free shipping too) http://shop.tuesdaymorning.com/dsp_p...id=1&pid=12589
post #3 of 6 Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

I did see that but I would have to pay tax since they have a b & m store here.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-23-2012, 10:54 PM

Find an online store with no shipping or tax to price match.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 AM

Exclusivetvs.com is run by the same people (same contact info, domain ownership, etc.) as best-buy-pcs-dot-com (remove dashes) The latter is a known bait-and-switch site. I had tried them once and quickly canceled my order after they asked me to call them to "confirm the order." Their prices seem way lower than the market - like 20-30% lower, which is just too good to be true. I would stay away from them. I had been shopping for a specific AVR (receiver) that had just come out and was listed for $1199.00 on every single legitimate site I knew (Crutchfield, Amazon, BHPhoto, etc.) but exclusivetvs.com and best-buy-pcs-dot-com listed it for $897.00. No way. I have dealt with sites like that before. If, after you have placed an order online, they send you an email asking to call them to "confirm the order", you know you are in trouble. No legitimate site does that! Scammers either try to sell you something extra for a very inflated price, or try to add an enormous shipping charge that cancels out any savings you were hoping for, etc. Sometimes, if you just insist on only purchasing the original item for the advertised price, they say ok... and ship nothing! You wait for weeks, call them every other day, and they keep telling you that the item is back-ordered (although their site still shows it as "in stock".) They hold on to your money for as long as you don't cancel your order. These days I only buy from reputable sites. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

Here's a link to the reviews of exclusivetvs.com:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/best-buy-pcs-dotcom. [add .com to the URL, I have omitted it otherwise the forum software masks the URL]

All but one are very negative and describe the text-book bait-and-switch scamming techniques. The only positive review is written by some Russian guy (the nickname, I am told, indicates that he is a fan of a Moscow soccer club) who probably is associated with them. Many of such scam sites are run by Russians or East-Europeans.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
“There's a sucker born every minute.”
― P.T. Barnum

Reality Based.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page