Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 View Post

Not sure will cycle the panel with slides and WOW IR fixer.. Lets see if it changes ..

No intolerable directional buzzing a la the PN64E8000 (at least the three that I received), I assume?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The screen turning off between shots is not just a spotty quality control issue. It effects all of the E8000 plasma. If you don't notice it don't look for it. I would have stayed with Samsung had they eliminated to pops and not added the blanking.
post #183 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

The overall PQ is very similar.
Out of BOX performance (without tweaking) the Samsung E8000 on movie mode is almost perfect.
The VT50 needs alot of tweaking, However, Picture is stellar once you get it there. Black levels are slightly better on the VT50.
Both panels are plenty bright enough.
The E8000 has no DSE whatsoever. The VT50 does. It doesn't bother me because i'm used to it with my Kuro 111fd.

If money is a factor then I would go with E8000 or GT50.
I just hate that spider stand on the samsung! ugly.

Thanks kindly
I'm happy with the Samsung e8000 panel just can't et past the directional buzzing that hits you between the eyes as soon as you sit down I just dunno what to do become very gun shy I have been offered the vt50 65 inch swap over from retailer for an additional $1500
post #184 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukecat View Post

No intolerable directional buzzing a la the PN64E8000 (at least the three that I received), I assume?

I am keen on knowing this to
post #185 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Samsungs still have the brightness pops and new for 2012 is the blanking in between shots thing going on. I don't have my 2011 64D800 cause of the pops.

Zero pops on either of the 2 e series panels iv had
post #186 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post

Thanks kindly
I'm happy with the Samsung e8000 panel just can't et past the directional buzzing that hits you between the eyes as soon as you sit down I just dunno what to do become very gun shy I have been offered the vt50 65 inch swap over from retailer for an additional $1500

I didn't have any directional buzzing whatsoever. I'm very anal . Also minimal buzzing..
My 65VT50 has a hint of buzz as well , but it's projected towards the rear of the panel .

I would exchange the E8000 for another one. OR suck up the money and get the VT50
post #187 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:

I didn't have any directional buzzing whatsoever. I'm very anal . Also minimal buzzing..
My 65VT50 has a hint of buzz as well , but it's projected towards the rear of the panel .

I would exchange the E8000 for another one. OR suck up the money and get the VT50

Ok thanks
Waiting for Samsung to get back to me so see what they say the retailer I purchased it from will order me in a vt50 65 inch but there still uncertain of release date at the moment
post #188 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Yes I did notice some buzzing from behind my set today but none what so ever from in front of it.
post #189 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 01:39 AM

So can you hear buzz sat on your couch ?
post #190 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post

So can you hear buzz sat on your couch ?

No . It's quieter than the E8000.
post #191 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Amazon delivered my 65 VT50 Thursday. I was a little worried coming from a Samsung LED that the panel was going to be too dark for me. And then when first powering it on I was really worried! This panel needs to be calibrated as soon as you power it on or it will look extremely dark! I was used to Samsung who's panels come out of the box with a certain wow factor in my opinion. That being said once I played with the settings it easily blows away the ES8000 LED it replaced! The blacks show way darker and with much more detail. I am currently in the process of moving soon so please excuse the mess in the photos! I would have mounted it and possibly had it professionally calibrated but it makes no sense when I will be moving and the viewing conditions will change.

Ascetically it looks great! I have a light room with 2 large windows and a large sliding glass door and you can still easily see everything during the day. There is some glare on the screen when light hits it, but its not bad.

As for the buzzing you can definitely hear it when you stick your head near the top corners of the screen but once you're 2ft or more away you don't hear a thing. This was a little bit of an adjustment for me also coming from an LED that was dead silent with no fans.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with it! I don't care for THX or THX light room mode. I think the light room THX makes the whole panel look washed out...

Still waiting on Amazon to deliver my HDMI splitter so I can do a side by side comparison of the Samsung ES8000, so more to come.

post #192 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Import from the US........

That is very tempting but I could imagine problems with warranty.
post #193 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Liked: 16
Any new updates for/from Canadians on the 65VT50? Was hoping there was a chance of picking one up this next week. I heard shipping from Panasonic on the 14th, in stores who knows when.
post #194 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well I guess BB's sale price on the 55VT50 has ended. I assume it'll be another year before the 65VT50 has a nice price drop?
post #195 of 312 Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 PM

On my 65" VT 50, I heard buzzing at first, but now the computer in the room is much more noisy. Reflections are minimal, but there. I see no dead pixels or anything weird, tho I am not an expert. It's an excellent piece of equipment. If you get close, you can see the pixels. But I say, re viewing distance, move the couch back until the image is smooth - and no further!

I have little basis of comparison, and thought my RPTV was great, better than any LCD I've seen. But the motion is smooth on this unit so far. No hockey test here, though!
post #196 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natetheskate View Post

Amazon delivered my 65 VT50 Thursday. I was a little worried coming from a Samsung LED that the panel was going to be too dark for me. And then when first powering it on I was really worried! This panel needs to be calibrated as soon as you power it on or it will look extremely dark! I was used to Samsung who's panels come out of the box with a certain wow factor in my opinion. That being said once I played with the settings it easily blows away the ES8000 LED it replaced! The blacks show way darker and with much more detail. I am currently in the process of moving soon so please excuse the mess in the photos! I would have mounted it and possibly had it professionally calibrated but it makes no sense when I will be moving and the viewing conditions will change.

Ascetically it looks great! I have a light room with 2 large windows and a large sliding glass door and you can still easily see everything during the day. There is some glare on the screen when light hits it, but its not bad.

As for the buzzing you can definitely hear it when you stick your head near the top corners of the screen but once you're 2ft or more away you don't hear a thing. This was a little bit of an adjustment for me also coming from an LED that was dead silent with no fans.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with it! I don't care for THX or THX light room mode. I think the light room THX makes the whole panel look washed out...

Still waiting on Amazon to deliver my HDMI splitter so I can do a side by side comparison of the Samsung ES8000, so more to come.

you sure thats the 65? lol
post #197 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Any Canadians get an update on there sets? I'll be sure to post if I hear any good news.
post #198 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Liked: 16
Maybe this week we will start seeing them show up in Canada. It would be nice to get mine before the long weekend.
post #199 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommmyJ View Post

Maybe this week we will start seeing them show up in Canada. It would be nice to get mine before the long weekend.

That's what I'm hoping for!!!!
post #200 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Just received my 65VT50 .. Found stuck pixel..
Will continue to run break in slides

Any luck fixing the pixel?

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #201 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancstheking View Post

you sure thats the 65? lol

lol. It looks a lot smaller on the wall then on that small stand! Plus I just bought a house with a larger living room so it will fit great when I move
post #202 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:

lol. It looks a lot smaller on the wall then on that small stand! Plus I just bought a house with a larger living room so it will fit great when I move

can't wait till i get my 65 beast in October time , how you finding the picture qaulity? blown away i hope!
post #203 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

I'm hopping us canadians get some news today of some kind.
post #204 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancstheking View Post

can't wait till i get my 65 beast in October time , how you finding the picture qaulity? blown away i hope!

The PQ is great! It looks the best at night but its still awesome during the day! I prefer the vivid setting but I like bright vibrant colors. I should be getting my hdmi splitter tonight from Amazon and will be doing a direct comparison with a Samsung UN60ES8000 LED thats going back. Will report back results.
post #205 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:

The PQ is great! It looks the best at night but its still awesome during the day! I prefer the vivid setting but I like bright vibrant colors. I should be getting my hdmi splitter tonight from Amazon and will be doing a direct comparison with a Samsung UN60ES8000 LED thats going back. Will report back results.

Vivid what a disgrace...
post #206 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post

Vivid what a disgrace...

Thanks for your opinion...

As for the comparison between the VT50 and the UN60ES8000 I was actually quite shocked by the results. I got my powered HDMi splitter and hooked them up side by side and played a few blu rays. The Samsung looks crisper and has way darker blacks. The stationary panel with no power to it is even darker on the Samsung. It's really disappointing... I even tried the THX and THX bright room settings and both look almost antique compared to the sharp image of the Samsung. Honestly if I wasn't having the flashlighting issues with the Samsung in all 4 corners I would keep it. When I saw them next to each other I thought maybe I just got a dud and something is wrong with this panel. So I headed to BB where they had a 65vt50 on display next to a sharp elite 60 and a Samsung 64D8000 plasma. Both looked crisper with brighter colors and darker blacks. I even sat there and played with the settings and it was still easily the worst of the 3. I know a lot of people may flame me for this post but its my honest observation. I was so hyped up about this TV and now I feel extremely let down. At least I purchased from Amazon who will be by this week to pick it up...
post #207 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:

As for the comparison between the VT50 and the UN60ES8000 I was actually quite shocked by the results. I got my powered HDMi splitter and hooked them up side by side and played a few blu rays. The Samsung looks crisper and has way darker blacks. The stationary panel with no power to it is even darker on the Samsung. It's really disappointing... I even tried the THX and THX bright room settings and both look almost antique compared to the sharp image of the Samsung. Honestly if I wasn't having the flashlighting issues with the Samsung in all 4 corners I would keep it. When I saw them next to each other I thought maybe I just got a dud and something is wrong with this panel. So I headed to BB where they had a 65vt50 on display next to a sharp elite 60 and a Samsung 64D8000 plasma. Both looked crisper with brighter colors and darker blacks. I even sat there and played with the settings and it was still easily the worst of the 3. I know a lot of people may flame me for this post but its my honest observation. I was so hyped up about this TV and now I feel extremely let down. At least I purchased from Amazon who will be by this week to pick it up...

...In before fanbois...

Thanks for your honest impression. Ultimately you have to be happy with your purchase.
post #208 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:

Try a backlit led sounds like what you are looking for or the e8000 plasma in vivid.. Idk as my color preferences etc are clearly different but if you were in my store that's what I would strongly recommend to you.
post #209 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post

Try a backlit led sounds like what you are looking for or the e8000 plasma in vivid.. Idk as my color preferences etc are clearly different but if you were in my store that's what I would strongly recommend to you.

Appreciate the advice. I started with the Samsung UN65D8000 and it had the uniformity issue with 2 light spots in the center of the panel. After I called Samsung they then switched that for a UN60ES8000 which had a similar issue in all 4 corners of the screen Do you have a suggestion for an LED other than the Sharp Elite that has a great picture? I just can't stomach spending the $ on the Elite. I'd like to get something in the 65-70" range.
post #210 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 07:25 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Appreciate the advice. I started with the Samsung UN65D8000 and it had the uniformity issue with 2 light spots in the center of the panel. After I called Samsung they then switched that for a UN60ES8000 which had a similar issue in all 4 corners of the screen Do you have a suggestion for an LED other than the Sharp Elite that has a great picture? I just can't stomach spending the $ on the Elite. I'd like to get something in the 65-70" range.

How about the Sony XBR 65HX929 local dimming LED backlit?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page