Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 2673 Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Thanks for your help Tom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2673 Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im glad it worked out for you and was able to save you a few bucks. Now I need to find a paradigm dealer for a new set of studio 20s.
post #813 of 2673 Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Kind of off topic, so my appoligies ahead of time, but where might be the best place to pick up a pair of panasonic 3D glasses? Amazon is at about $57, probably just going to go that route.

post #814 of 2673 Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Liked: 11
After sitting on the sidelines for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the 65VT50. My 9 year old Sony 720p HDRPTV finally gave up the ghost earlier this year, and I've been living with a 32" LCD borrowed from family since. I kept waiting, telling myself one more week - which turned into a month, then two months, then finally six months.

I used the suggestions from this thread, and went to my local Best Buy - I thought it was worth a shot (all they can do is say no). I took printouts from several sites, including BuyTVToday (http://buytvtoday.com/Panasonic/PanasonicConsumer.aspx), which was the cheapest at the moment. The guy in the TV section (non-Magnolia store) took a look, said he'd have to go talk to the manager, and after about 5 minutes came back and said "No problem". BB's list is $3699, and they had it on sale for $200 off ($3499); after price match my pre-tax total was $2749, and after tax was $2977 including free delivery (no BB warranty - may go third-party). So $950 off of BB's regular price and $750 off their 'sale' price. Joined Reward Zone to get the points for the purchase. Total time in store: about 25 minutes (bulk of that was waiting on manager price override). Oh, and I used my Chase Freedom card so I'll get the bonus points since this is a quarter where Best Buy is featured.

TV is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, so I should have a real TV again for the first time in months - although I plan on doing the break-in (so I'll probably still watch on the 32" for about a week). All in all, everything was smooth & trouble free. In case anyone is curious, this was at the Denton, TX Best Buy store. Thanks to all of the folks here for sharing info, as I don't think I would have finally gotten up & done it without all of the details posted here.
Phrazemaster likes this.

You stole a TV from me! I saw it on TV!
post #815 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Do you think Amazon will lower the price of the 65VT50 during the holiday? I have gift cards that I would like to use with them and generally always have a positive experience with big things shipped by Amazon for free. Example.. I bought several Panasonic plasmas from BB and they all had green blobs. The one I got from Amazon had no problem. Perfect uniformity! I just prefer to order from them.

I was thinking they might drop it near black friday but what do you think? The VT50 is the high end for this year so I dunno. I can't see myself spending over 3 grand for it. Not that it isn't worth it.. but I'd like to shop smart. BB is out of the question.. too many bad experiences in my area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #816 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

If I'm not mistaken, due to manufacturers regulations, they can't advertise a lower price than dictated by Panasonic. So the best deals will be had behind the scenes.

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #817 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

If I'm not mistaken, due to manufacturers regulations, they can't advertise a lower price than dictated by Panasonic. So the best deals will be had behind the scenes.

That's exactly what the BBY manager (in the Magnolia section) told me. They have to show MSRP (or slightly lower in the case of a "sale") on the signs but can price match anyone.

On a side note, my 65VT50 got delivered on Saturday and from the first second I turned it on, I knew I made the right choice biggrin.gif.
post #818 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Thank God I'm in no rush to get this. I ordered it on 9-21 from Panny's website for ~ $2700 so I can get AAdvantage miles. I received an Email telling me it's still on backorder and that they expect a shipment into their warehouse on 10-7. Today I get another Email telling me it's still on backorder and they're expecting a shipment on 10-14. Hmmm...
post #819 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick.s View Post

That's exactly what the BBY manager (in the Magnolia section) told me. They have to show MSRP (or slightly lower in the case of a "sale") on the signs but can price match anyone.
On a side note, my 65VT50 got delivered on Saturday and from the first second I turned it on, I knew I made the right choice biggrin.gif.

Congrats on your new display Eric. Enjoy.

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

post #820 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post

Thank God I'm in no rush to get this. I ordered it on 9-21 from Panny's website for ~ $2700 so I can get AAdvantage miles. I received an Email telling me it's still on backorder and that they expect a shipment into their warehouse on 10-7. Today I get another Email telling me it's still on backorder and they're expecting a shipment on 10-14. Hmmm...

Wow that blows! No way I could have dealt with that. I was way too eager to get mine once I ordered it. Actually, the 3 days it took to be delivered was torture for me! I really hope you get it soon.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, 65VT50
post #821 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Well, my Samsung 67A750 is still humming along and doing very well. Its PQ is awesome. In a way, I kind of hope that the Panny 65vt50's PQ is even better, that it blows away the Sammy's. Like I said, however, I'm in no rush, thankfully, although I admit I'm kind of eager to see what all the hoopla is about regarding the Panny.
post #822 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Wow that blows! No way I could have dealt with that. I was way too eager to get mine once I ordered it. Actually, the 3 days it took to be delivered was torture for me! I really hope you get it soon.

I know what you mean! The first tv i ordered at BB (sony sxrd) took 3 weeks to get in the store. The wait was pure agony! My tv arrives in the store tomorrow and is set to be delivered on saturday, but i just can't wait. I'm too impatient, especially since i got my mount up on the wall today. I'm asking anyone and everyone i talk to to see if they own a truck that i can borrow to pick it up tomorrow night when i'm off. Fingers crossed I find someone...

post #823 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

I went to Best Buy tonight and got the PlasmaTV4Less price match of $2799. I just couldn't justify paying over 2K more for a HX950 or Elite.

Which CT Best Buy? I have three in my area that I can try, closest being Manchester, but within reasonable driving distance are Enfield and Newington. I just hate paying the 6.35% sales tax and was waiting for Amazon to put up a deal, but I may have to bite the bullet and swallow my pride, this state is just such a ripoff and refuse to give them a penny more than I have to.
post #824 of 2673 Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Red Sox View Post

Which CT Best Buy? I have three in my area that I can try, closest being Manchester, but within reasonable driving distance are Enfield and Newington. I just hate paying the 6.35% sales tax and was waiting for Amazon to put up a deal, but I may have to bite the bullet and swallow my pride, this state is just such a ripoff and refuse to give them a penny more than I have to.
West Hartford. I figured the rewards will cancel out the tax. I also liked being able to get the financing.
post #825 of 2673 Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

West Hartford. I figured the rewards will cancel out the tax. I also liked being able to get the financing.

+1

post #826 of 2673 Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I purchased mine from A&M Vector Computer Corp. Out of El Segundo, CA. There number is: 310-364-0092. There website is plasmatv4less.com. There very nice to talk to and I've had no problems with them so far. I paid $2,849.00 for my Plasma with free shipping and shipped to the East Coast. They provided tracking numbers. I purchased my Plasma on 9/19/12. And they told me I have 60 days to decided if I want to extend the warranty if I desire to do so.

I hope this helps.

Peace out!
post #827 of 2673 Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Red Sox View Post

Ha I wish we had that sales tax rate. Here in TN it is 9.875%...
post #828 of 2673 Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier View Post

After sitting on the sidelines for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the 65VT50. My 9 year old Sony 720p HDRPTV finally gave up the ghost earlier this year, and I've been living with a 32" LCD borrowed from family since. I kept waiting, telling myself one more week - which turned into a month, then two months, then finally six months.
I used the suggestions from this thread, and went to my local Best Buy - I thought it was worth a shot (all they can do is say no). I took printouts from several sites, including BuyTVToday (http://buytvtoday.com/Panasonic/PanasonicConsumer.aspx), which was the cheapest at the moment. The guy in the TV section (non-Magnolia store) took a look, said he'd have to go talk to the manager, and after about 5 minutes came back and said "No problem". BB's list is $3699, and they had it on sale for $200 off ($3499); after price match my pre-tax total was $2749, and after tax was $2977 including free delivery (no BB warranty - may go third-party). So $950 off of BB's regular price and $750 off their 'sale' price. Joined Reward Zone to get the points for the purchase. Total time in store: about 25 minutes (bulk of that was waiting on manager price override). Oh, and I used my Chase Freedom card so I'll get the bonus points since this is a quarter where Best Buy is featured.
TV is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, so I should have a real TV again for the first time in months - although I plan on doing the break-in (so I'll probably still watch on the 32" for about a week). All in all, everything was smooth & trouble free. In case anyone is curious, this was at the Denton, TX Best Buy store. Thanks to all of the folks here for sharing info, as I don't think I would have finally gotten up & done it without all of the details posted here.

I had nearly the same exact experience at Best Buy in Nashua, NH. I brought up the BuyTVToday site on my phone and showed it to the sales guy. He brought over a manager who scrolled around to find the "Authorized Dealer" seal and then approved the price of $2,749. The sales guy kept trying to sell me the extended warranty and a special $40 HDMI cable that works best with the VT50 rolleyes.gif. I ordered it on Sunday (used Chase card and BB Rewards) and it arrived on Wednesday. I live in MA so I had to pick it up at the store to avoid paying MA sales tax. Buying a few beers for my friend with a truck is much cheaper than 6.25% sales tax smile.gif. Loving the TV so far. Huge upgrade over my old Sony 50" XBR1 rear projection. Thursday night football looked better than ever. Now I need to start reading through the 200+ page owners thread. Or is there a summary page anywhere for new owners that covers topics like break-in, settings, tips n tricks, etc.?
Thanks to everyone posting here. I'm certain it saved me hundreds of $.
post #829 of 2673 Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

WELCOME! smile.gif

post #830 of 2673 Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Liked: 16
It seems most BBs these days are willing to price match online authorized retailers, and not just for high end tvs.

Remember, the VT50 does not come with any 3d glasses that must be for the 2012 models, as the older ones won't work well, if at all.

I went in BB and picked up two pairs of TY-ER3D4MU for my VT50, selling at $79.99, showed the guy that Amazon had them for $57, and voila, price match done.

No questions, no hassle.

Used my BB rewards GCs and we're out the door in 10 min and on our way home to watch Prometheus 3D.

And for those who are contemplating using the $20 Samsungs as alternatives, good luck to you, but the Panny 3D glasses are definitely worth the extra $$$ if 3D is your thing.

Cheers!
post #831 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I was encouraged by all the Best Buy posts with price matching so I gave it a shot. In Cincinnati Tri-County store (the only Magnolia store in town), they are tough nuts to crack about price matching. My first battle consisted of myself and a manager going back and forth on the 55 inch VT50. They would not budge from their price of 2299. I showed them the print-out of the PlasmaTV4Less.com asking price of 1899, and he literally laughed in my face saying they're not an authorized dealer of Panasonic.

I went back on a non-weekend day hoping that I would get another manager to deal with. After reading the forums and debating, I tried on the 65in VT50. Once I walked in, talked to the associate, I showed him the print-out of BuytvToday.com. They do have an "authorized dealer" image on their site and I hoped they would just fall for that (much like rosen did above). So, they take the print-out, leave for 10-15 minutes and finally said, "We can't do it for $2749, but we can do it for $2999). I argued a bit back and forth in which the manager replies, "Listen, they are not an authorized dealer for Panasonic, and to be honest, we have never sold this TV for this low at this store ever. We're cutting you a break, so it's a take it or leave it offer."

I decided to take it. The TV is getting delivered on Wednesday.

A couple of notes for those who try:

1. The TV is only carried by stores that have a Magnolia store (usually only one or two of the Best Buys in your area).
2. They are totally aware of what you are trying to do, in fact, they know most of the names of the sites that we all refer to in these posts.
3. Be as courteous and respectable as possible. Remember, they don't HAVE to sell you a TV at all.
4. As a man in my 30s, I even dressed down so it looked like I didn't have a lot of money to begin with. (It helps)

I do want to say that the manager told me as I was leaving, "You know that you did just buy the best TV in the store, right?" I replied, "That's why I bought it."

Hope some of these tips help out.
post #832 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I just got a magnolia in BB in SoCal to price match $2749 buytvtoday.com. $3000 with Calif tax out the door.

Thanks all for the tip. If you are doing this, be sure to bring a printout. If they are reluctant, say that you hear on avsforum saying they got a price match from their local magnolia in BB.
post #833 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

I went to a Magnolia BB in the Nashville area and tried my luck. I didn't plan on purchasing today but I wanted to see what they would do. I asked them about price matching and they made it sound like they would price match anything lol. I tried to get them to price match the EE email I got from 2 months ago for the price of $2552 so they went and checked on a few things and the website and came back and said that they would have to call to get the price since the email was 2 months old. They also said that EE had a restocking fee, shipping, etc so they wouldn't be able to price match exactly. Does anyone know what the current best price from EE is? I wonder why you can no longer email them for the latest price. Also, what happened to the price at plasma4less? I thought people were getting their $2750 BB price match from plasma4less but now their site shows $3099. So is the best site to currently use for a price match buytvtoday.com ??
post #834 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Hi all, FYI this was posted yesterday in the WSJ, read this article about what BB is doing this holiday.
post #835 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
What's the best price anyone has been able to get on a 50" GT50 recently ?
post #836 of 2673 Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

What's the best price anyone has been able to get on a 50" GT50 recently ?

This is the VT50 thread. You might want to go ask in the GT50 thread..
post #837 of 2673 Old 10-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Amazon has a $500 promo deal on the select VT50 models, read below:

Purchase Select Panasonic VIERA HDTVs and Receive a $500 Promotional Credit from Amazon.com
Order a qualifying Panasonic VIERA HDTV (TC-P55VT50 and/or the TC-P65VT50) and receive a $500 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). To take advantage of the offer, simply add a qualifying Panasonic HDTV from the list below to your Shopping Cart. The promotional credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account within seven days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Offer good through 11:59 p.m. PST on October 20, 2012, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. The promotional credit expires December 31, 2012. See terms and conditions below.
post #838 of 2673 Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 AM

I wonder if they will still give you $500 if you are price matching another site. These rules don't explicitly say they won't, but the bolded part makes me wonder...

Terms and Conditions
• The promotion is limited to one per household. Customers with more than one Amazon account are only eligible to receive one credit via this promotion.
• The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel it at any time.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers do not qualify.
• Items sold by Warehouse Deals are not eligible for this promotion.
• If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional credit, we will subtract the value of the promotional credit from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
• Void where prohibited.
post #839 of 2673 Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvetan1 View Post

Amazon has a $500 promo deal on the select VT50 models, read below:
Purchase Select Panasonic VIERA HDTVs and Receive a $500 Promotional Credit from Amazon.com
Order a qualifying Panasonic VIERA HDTV (TC-P55VT50 and/or the TC-P65VT50) and receive a $500 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). To take advantage of the offer, simply add a qualifying Panasonic HDTV from the list below to your Shopping Cart. The promotional credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account within seven days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
Offer good through 11:59 p.m. PST on October 20, 2012, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. The promotional credit expires December 31, 2012. See terms and conditions below.

Too bad they are selling it at MSRP of $3699.99. :-/
post #840 of 2673 Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 AM

Walked into a Best Buy Magnolia in Chicago last night and showed them the electronics-expo email with a price of $2670.71. They price matched on the spot with no issues. In and out in under 30 minutes. Only problem is Chicago has one of the highest sales tax in the country, but out the door at 2923 with rewards zone gift cards and free calibration and free delivery is not a bad deal. Tv is being delivered on Wednesday. Good Luck everyone.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page