Panasonic VT50 Deals - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just stopped at our local BB (middle GA). The salesperson said they do not pricematch internet prices unless it is an advertised price by a retail store (i assume he meant a brick an mortar store with nearby presence). I showed him my printout from buytvtoday.com with the $2599 price (TC-65VT50) and told him i would consider paying a little more. He looked it up and found none in the warehouse and only one in the whole district (not sure what this covers but i assume it includes all Atlanta area) at an Augusta GA store. Of course he did not offer a discounted price since it did not look like he could get one.

i will hold off and check again in Jan or Feb. When do the VT60's come out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evofxdwg View Post

I just stopped at our local BB (middle GA). The salesperson said they do not pricematch internet prices unless it is an advertised price by a retail store (i assume he meant a brick an mortar store with nearby presence). I showed him my printout from buytvtoday.com with the $2599 price (TC-65VT50) and told him i would consider paying a little more. He looked it up and found none in the warehouse and only one in the whole district (not sure what this covers but i assume it includes all Atlanta area) at an Augusta GA store. Of course he did not offer a discounted price since it did not look like he could get one.
i will hold off and check again in Jan or Feb. When do the VT60's come out?

Try other BB locations if possible. To save yourself gas you may want to email the branch managers. Good luck.
post #1173 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsters View Post

Great! I'm happy it worked out for you.
I agree...I purchased my set at the an Orlando, FL location. The BB management team and sales associate I dealt with were very pleasant and accommodating.
I should note, though the BB website list the 55" for $ 2,499.98 its actually available in store for $2,299.98
Here was the breakdown of my receipt
Reg - $2,499.98
Sale Disc - $200.00
Disc - $438.98
Subtotal - $1,865
Sales Tax - $121.23
Total - $1,986.23

The BB I went to had the same sale price of $2,299.98; your numbers are exactly the same as mine except I got the Geek Squad 2 year warranty. But I'm changing that out for SquareTrade's 5 year warranty.

I know some people think the warranty thing is a scam or unnecessary, but it has come in handy in the past. And, should I later want to sell the tv, the transferrable warranty puts prospective buyers' mind at ease.
post #1174 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees23 View Post

I emailed and got an answer in an hour that they WOULD price match. The manager even took the time to find the TV for me(her store did not have it in stock), SAVED me from driving all over the place. I guess your ROCK SOLID advice only applies some of the TIME. Maybe you will have more luck with email communications if you stop CONDESCENDING people and randomly CAPITALIZING words.

LOL glad you got them to price match and like others have said, people are having better luck emailing then going in IN PERSON...haha..
post #1175 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvc753 View Post

I'm purchasing mine for $2599 at Best Buy during the Reward Zone private shopping event tonight and getting triple RZ points. Should amount to around $150 or so. Nice way to help offset the tax.

Ya I saw that. I wish I had gotten mine when they had triple points. Oh well, they messed up and I got an extra $100 off lol. Odds are if I had gotten it tonight they wouldn't have messed up biggrin.gif
post #1176 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 PM

I just came back from buying my tv at BB. Like I said before, after e-mailing them, they price matched it and I got the triple points from the private event. They'll deliver it on Wednesday. It's going to be a long couple of days!
post #1177 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 06:47 PM

How do you guys find your stores general manager email info? Do I need to call them first or something? I looked at my local stores online and I am not seeing a place to ask the manager about price matching. I was able to convince the wife on this TV if I am able to get it price match this low lol.
post #1178 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Look at the local store info. It might be in there. I e-mailed a few different stores. Luckily, I live close to a lot of them. Some of the stores' GM's didn't have their e-mail listed, only their phone numbers.
post #1179 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLastCalls View Post

Look at the local store info. It might be in there. I e-mailed a few different stores. Luckily, I live close to a lot of them. Some of the stores' GM's didn't have their e-mail listed, only their phone numbers.

Dang, none of my local ones even list the managers number. Hmmmm..
post #1180 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM

Do they list his or her name? Sometimes, I had to click on their name to bring up their info. Call the store to ask for them?
post #1181 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM

No names listed either, so I think I will have to call. At least that's better than going in! I will call around tomorrow and see how it goes. This deal is just too amazing. Only 100$ more than than GT50, can't believe it. eek.gif
post #1182 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Liked: 11
go to store locator. click on your store of choice. once youre in the store info area, you MAY or MAY NOT see the general manager info. Ive found it at a few stores below the address and phone numbers, and a couple other stores have links for the GM's description and email on the same store info area under the "news and announcements" headline. hope that makes sense.

just sent 3 emails out, we'll see if any of them bite.

for example:

post #1183 of 2673 Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM

No love on my local stores but thats alright I don't mind calling but emailing would have been awesome. Fingers crossed!

EDIT:
Woo, I was actually able to find 2 local store manager names on the interwebs @ local business info sites. Emailed them!
post #1184 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac13 View Post

Ya I saw that. I wish I had gotten mine when they had triple points. Oh well, they messed up and I got an extra $100 off lol. Odds are if I had gotten it tonight they wouldn't have messed up biggrin.gif

You got $100 cash instead of an extra $100 in RZ points. You got the better deal. Plus you got glasses and a Blu-Ray!

Mine will be delivered Saturday. Earliest they could do it. I was hoping to get it sometime this week, but I've got a ton of work to finish this week so it probably is best that it doesn't arrive until Saturday.
post #1185 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 AM

Anyone know if BestBuy.com will match the price if you call them? I would need it delivered either way, so that would be nice... but I only ever hear of people in stores getting price matched.
post #1186 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM

I called like 10 stores in NJ yesterday and none would match the buytvtoday.com price. Has anyone in the northern NJ area had any luck with that?

Jayfivealive, I think you have to go in the store. One store mentioned that you had to bring in a print out of the website you wanted them to price match.
post #1187 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Well I will wait a week or so to see if I hear back from my stores that I emailed.
post #1188 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM

for those interested, paulstv has the 65 inch for $2749. What makes this a deal is that there is free white glove delivery, a free stand, and NO tax for anyone. just add to your cart and register to see the price. they also have $250 in gift cards-not sure what the deal is with them, but its all a bonus at this point. Mine is on the way. thanks to all for posting
post #1189 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwerlin View Post

for those interested, paulstv has the 65 inch for $2749. What makes this a deal is that there is free white glove delivery, a free stand, and NO tax for anyone. just add to your cart and register to see the price. they also have $250 in gift cards-not sure what the deal is with them, but its all a bonus at this point. Mine is on the way. thanks to all for posting

That price is for the GT50 bundle, not the VT50, which is the subject of this thread. Still a very good deal, I think, but a bit misleading when posted in this thread...
post #1190 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM

I live in NJ, near Cherry Hill. The BB by me had no problem matching the buytvtoday price (didn't even have to pull out the print out) and even said that $2600 was the price that they were matching with already. I chose to get it for the same price from PC Richards because they have free layaway (at least the one by us lets us) and our living room is being remodeled right now.
post #1191 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarUD View Post

I live in NJ, near Cherry Hill. The BB by me had no problem matching the buytvtoday price (didn't even have to pull out the print out) and even said that $2600 was the price that they were matching with already. I chose to get it for the same price from PC Richards because they have free layaway (at least the one by us lets us) and our living room is being remodeled right now.

So they agreed to hold the TV for you, without paying anything for it? How long will they hold it?

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1192 of 2673 Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnson View Post

Best Buy manager in Madison, WI emailed me today and said he could do $2449 if I came into the store. Going tomorrow! (no-brainer)biggrin.gif

Okay, so i didn't go in the next night and i actually went in today. I went into BB west side in Madison WI, and actually took the email from the east side BB store manager with me. In all of my excitement I didn't realize what store I had actually emailed. Anyway, I went in with very low expectations because I actually waited so long to go in and thought they wouldn't honor the price of $2449. I'm not sure where the manager got that price from because the lowest price I have seen was $2599. I showed the TV person my email and she told me that this wouldn't be a problem. I was calm the whole time but was screaming Holy SH*T inside. I did not have the guts to ask them to throw anything extra in considering this TV is selling for $3299.98 before taxes in their current flyer. I also purchased a Panasonic dmp-bdt220 for $78 (open box but brand new) and two pair of the Panasonic glasses. The sales lady said I'm pretty sure amazon has these on sale and she got her personal cell phone out and price matched amazon. I thought that was great and i didn't even have to ask about matching the price. (I also bought a warranty with the glasses and it covers both glasses or more if I buy the same brand, since they won't know which one I have the warranty on.) Best Buy has come a long way and I will definitely be shopping there again in the future. So with taxes I paid $2,822.07. IMO, I got an amazing deal even with buying a blu ray player and glasses. I hope that more of you have luck trying to get this TV. Here is the email I sent to store managers in my area:

I have been following the price of the 65 inch Panasonic TC-P65VT50 online. There is a website here selling the TV for for $2599. Your current online price for that television is $3,699. I was wondering if you would match this price? I have also been following a forum at avsforum that has several people that have bought the TV at that price from various Best Buy's. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me. I would come in personally and talk with an employee but I live a little bit out of the area and have been working a lot of hours lately.

Sincerely,

C---S F---Y
post #1193 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50

I would like it if someone who got these prices of 2599 or less could post or PM me a copy of the sales receipt so I can get my BB to match for the 65VT50.

TIA

post #1194 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

So they agreed to hold the TV for you, without paying anything for it? How long will they hold it?
I'm not sure what their official policy is but they allowed me to put down whatever I wanted (essentially as little as I wanted). I don't know if its because I've spent $30,000 in that store in the past 8 months though but our salesguy seemed like that was pretty standard.
post #1195 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

I would like it if someone who got these prices of 2599 or less could post or PM me a copy of the sales receipt so I can get my BB to match for the 65VT50.
TIA

post #1196 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 PM

so far my emails have been a failure. only 1 response out of 3, and they would only match the amazon price (savings of like $40). lol, it was worth a shot.
post #1197 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

What is the anticipated price point of the TC-P65VT50 around Super Bowl time?
I'm moving into a new house Jan 2 and will have a dedicated theatre room/space so I'll be buying between Jan 2 and the SB.

Ðave -
It was technically a single shenanigan, more like a hijink...

post #1198 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:

Best Buy manager in Madison, WI emailed me today and said he could do $2449 if I came into the store. Going tomorrow! (no-brainer)biggrin.gif

So Bob... did he ever tell you where he matched the price from???

Also thanks for putting up the receipt... it may just help someone!
post #1199 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Thanks so much, I almost got it today at 2599 but a family emergency prevented closing the deal. Now to see what he does with the 2449, though I will pull the trigger at 2599. Will post back after deal is made. A big thanks!!smile.gif

post #1200 of 2673 Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaunders View Post

So Bob... did he ever tell you where he matched the price from???
Also thanks for putting up the receipt... it may just help someone!

I have no idea!? I never even made it into his store. Accidentally went to the other store in Madison. I had to work a lot hours around the time I emailed him, so I'm not sure if buytvnow went down to that price or not?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page