Panasonic VT50 Deals - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Newbie
 
TreyIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor28 View Post

I just looked at the Adorama site and it shows the 65VT50 as $3298. Am I missing something? I was hoping to see a good deal on the 55".
The best prices for the 55" I've seen so far:
ibuysonline - $1578 (with $10 coupon)
alltimetvs - $1582
I'm going to go to BB tonight and see if they'll PM one of those - if not I'm buying online soon.

Just follow the link in ddgdl's post above (#1599) and print the pdf found just below the pictures of the TV/BD player. Take the printed pdf to BB and show the salesmen the $1599 Adorama price on the 55VT50. Adorama is an authorized Panasonic retailer and you should have no difficulty getting BB to PM.
Harbor28 likes this.
TreyIII is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Member
 
ddgdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindion View Post

Is this deal only for the NY folks or will they also ship at this price?
Has anyone ever ordered from adorama before and if so what was your experience with them

Supposedly they will ship, FREE, at that price (though I have not tested that out).
ddgdl is offline  
post #1623 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Member
 
irisservice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMac View Post

Do you have an Adorama locally, or did Best Buy price match regardless of location?
We have one in nyc...
irisservice is offline  
post #1624 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Not trying to steer you away, just haven't heard of anyone trying to purchase from them. The general consensus has been that they are illegitimate businesses though.

Quit trying to defend your employer BB with untruths about other legitimate businesses! Audorama is far from being a illegitimate business!


They were founded in 1976.

As per.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adorama


"In 2005, Forbes.com highlighted Adorama in a "Best of the Web" review,[5] praising both the camera equipment seller's product selection and its dedication to educating photographers on how to elevate their skills, through the "Adorama Academy". However, the review also expressed disappointment with Adorama's website design.

In May 2007, Zagat reviewed two major professional photo equipment suppliers in NYC: Adorama and B&H Photo Video. Regarding Adorama, Zagat wrote the store is a "legendary" Flatiron "gem" that "has everything" new or used "for beginners and professionals."
Johnla is offline  
post #1625 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
VarmintCong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Quit trying to defend your employer BB with untruths about other legitimate businesses! Audorama is far from being a illegitimate business!

I think he was talking about ibuywhatever and the other one, not Adorama.
VarmintCong is offline  
post #1626 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Newbie
 
karlusmagnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Quit trying to defend your employer BB with untruths about other legitimate businesses! Audorama is far from being a illegitimate business!
Johnla, Speakerphile was referring to the low price sites mentioned .... ibuysonline - $1578 (with $10 coupon) & lltimetvs - $1582, neither of which are Panasonic Approved vendors.
Adorama, on the other hand is an approved Panasonic vendor, which you can check out on Panasonic's site. Its too easy for misinterpretations to occur online, so just wanted to point that out, and keep things on track :-)
karlusmagnus is offline  
post #1627 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post

I think he was talking about ibuywhatever and the other one, not Adorama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post

Johnla, Speakerphile was referring to the low price sites mentioned .... ibuysonline - $1578 (with $10 coupon) & lltimetvs - $1582, neither of which are Panasonic Approved vendors.
Adorama, on the other hand is an approved Panasonic vendor, which you can check out on Panasonic's site. Its too easy for misinterpretations to occur online, so just wanted to point that out, and keep things on track :-)

No, he was not. He said "The general consensus has been that they are illegitimate businesses though". When replied with that post, which was in reference to a post just above it, where Audorama was specifically mentioned!

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1405169/panasonic-vt50-deals/1590#post_22806420
Johnla is offline  
post #1628 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,968
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post


No, he was not. He said "The general consensus has been that they are illegitimate businesses though". When replied with that post, which was in reference to a post just above it, where Audorama was specifically mentioned!

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1405169/panasonic-vt50-deals/1590#post_22806420


Yes, I was. Please read my post. I literally quoted the post I was referencing. The post asked a question about the Adorama price, then made a seperate comment about "ibuysonline" and "alltimetvs". I was referring to the latter, which I thought was obvious. Adorama is legitimate. Try to temper your own "untruths" please.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #1629 of 2673 Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Newbie
 
Harbor28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Yes, I was. Please read my post. I literally quoted the post I was referencing. The post asked a question about the Adorama price, then made a seperate comment about "ibuysonline" and "alltimetvs". I was referring to the latter, which I thought was obvious. Adorama is legitimate. Try to temper your own "untruths" please.

I did ask about Adorama to see if they had a good deal on the 55VT50 - which they did, $1599, as pointed out to me by TreyIII - thanks TreyIII.
Thanks to Speakerphile I backed away from the other two sites "ibuys.." and "alltime..." and actually didn't think he was also talking about Adorama. Thanks for the extra clarification that those two are not Panasonic Approved vendors.

Thanks for everyone's help and this forum. Holy Crap! I am now a proud owner of a 55VT50 - Panasonic's 2012 Flag Ship model. I'm totally psyched as I'm finally making the jump to HDTV, yes, I've been watching my standard def tube tvs till now.
I took the Adorama pdf to a couple of BBs tonight. The first BB manager said 'no' cannot PM that add, said they'd lose money at that price, not sure if that is true or not. So because of reading several of the forum post decide to try another BB in town and that manager said 'no problem' sold $1599. I know I had to pay sales tax, but that is worth getting the tv delivered on Sunday and knowing I can go back into BB and ask them any questions I have. Really good salesman, good experience, and I can't wait.
Thanks again!
Harbor28 is offline  
post #1630 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 AM
Member
 
BadClams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor28 View Post

I took the Adorama pdf to a couple of BBs tonight. The first BB manager said 'no' cannot PM that add, said they'd lose money at that price, not sure if that is true or not. So because of reading several of the forum post decide to try another BB in town and that manager said 'no problem' sold $1599.
Thanks again!

Here's a snip from Best Buys own site:


Does Best Buy match the price if it results in a price being below Best Buy's cost on a product?
Yes. So long as the price match requested is from a Competitor on an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met.


Just google "Best Buy price match" and you can see the whole policy.
BadClams is offline  
post #1631 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Member
 
BadClams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon won't match this deal cuz Adorama is not one of the listed sites (in the price matching policy info) they post on their web site. Just to make sure, I called them anyway, but no joy...
BadClams is offline  
post #1632 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Yes, I was. Please read my post. I literally quoted the post I was referencing. The post asked a question about the Adorama price, then made a seperate comment about "ibuysonline" and "alltimetvs". I was referring to the latter, which I thought was obvious. Adorama is legitimate. Try to temper your own "untruths" please.

I did read your post, and you did indeed specifically refer to a post where Audorama was mentioned!
Johnla is offline  
post #1633 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,968
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor28 View Post

I did ask about Adorama to see if they had a good deal on the 55VT50 - which they did, $1599, as pointed out to me by TreyIII - thanks TreyIII.
Thanks to Speakerphile I backed away from the other two sites "ibuys.." and "alltime..." and actually didn't think he was also talking about Adorama. Thanks for the extra clarification that those two are not Panasonic Approved vendors.

Thanks for everyone's help and this forum. Holy Crap! I am now a proud owner of a 55VT50 - Panasonic's 2012 Flag Ship model. I'm totally psyched as I'm finally making the jump to HDTV, yes, I've been watching my standard def tube tvs till now.
I took the Adorama pdf to a couple of BBs tonight. The first BB manager said 'no' cannot PM that add, said they'd lose money at that price, not sure if that is true or not. So because of reading several of the forum post decide to try another BB in town and that manager said 'no problem' sold $1599. I know I had to pay sales tax, but that is worth getting the tv delivered on Sunday and knowing I can go back into BB and ask them any questions I have. Really good salesman, good experience, and I can't wait.
Thanks again!

Good to hear man! It's a great TV!

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #1634 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Member
 
ccampb1346's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataru074 View Post

Ok, got my 65VT50 delivered today from Paul's. The TV is fantastic... the white glove service is (at least my crew in Houston) not.
Communication with me was very poor... I had to call after I got advised by email that the TV was in town... they set up a 4 hour window and after waiting for 2 hours, I did call back to find out that the delivery time was changed... ( no missed call on my phone or other ) and the lady there was laying flat out.
The crew was eager to leave (they didn't) even without me having the TV inspected... I had to specify it. and they stained my carpet because was raining and they didn't have shoes "covers".... more than white glove was muddy glove delivery. mad.gif

I had a similar incident with the same delivery company for Paul's TV in Houston as well. They didn't show up during the delivery window, had to reschedule. When they finally showed up they asked me to sign the delivery paperwork before they even unloaded it from the truck. Once they got the TV inside they said they had to leave and didn't have time to help me unpack and inspect. After enough back and forth they relectuntly hung around long enough for me to assemble the stand and test the TV. It's a great TV but a terrible delivery service.

How does Paul's price guarantee work? I paid $2599 but it appears the price has come down a bit lately.
ccampb1346 is offline  
post #1635 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Member
 
Dakota 'No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccampb1346 View Post

I had a similar incident with the same delivery company for Paul's TV in Houston as well. They didn't show up during the delivery window, had to reschedule. When they finally showed up they asked me to sign the delivery paperwork before they even unloaded it from the truck. Once they got the TV inside they said they had to leave and didn't have time to help me unpack and inspect. After enough back and forth they relectuntly hung around long enough for me to assemble the stand and test the TV. It's a great TV but a terrible delivery service.

Sucks to hear that. Don't know about Houston, but in Fresno the shipper that Paul's uses (HomeDirectUSA) to get the TV here is different from the company that actually delivers it to your house (Tru Air Ride of Fresno in my case).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccampb1346 View Post

How does Paul's price guarantee work? I paid $2599 but it appears the price has come down a bit lately.

Their price guarantee is here: http://www.paulstv.com/policies.asp#PriceProtection


Panasonic 55GT50
Marantz SR 7008 (Formerly Denon x4000)
DirecTV
Oppo 103
Emotiva UPA-5 (5 x 125)
DT SM450s, CLR2500, UIW BPZ/As, SuperCube III
Dakota 'No is offline  
post #1636 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Member
 
brianhowes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a quick note for comparison purposes - I just left my Novi, MI Best Buy a few hours ago and got them to price match their own price on the 55" VT50 down to $1699 from what I paid a couple of weeks ago, $2199.99. They wouldn't touch the Adorama or the J&R pricing of $1599 and $1628, respectively. I'm only $100 away from the Adorama price so I'm still happy getting over $500 back in my price match.

Because of the advice on this forum, I also price matched my Panasonic 3D glasses from the Sears ad, again, no problem/fights. $29.99 each, down from $79.99 what I originally paid.

I took it a step further and got a price match on my Panasonic 3D Blueray player BDT-500 down from $309 to $277 using an Amazon ad. Has anybody seen this BD player cheaper?

Thanks for listening,

Halo3kbb

PS - Anybody that is still reading this, I'm so happy with the VT50 I can't stand it. I got a Bowers and Wilkins Panorama soundbar to compliment it from a different Best Buy. Still brand new in the box, walked out paying $1,150 plus tax. I've seriously just been sitting on my couch watching/listening/playing with my new TV and working. Winter time in the D!
brianhowes is offline  
post #1637 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Member
 
BadClams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
(Using my best Borat), Very excite!!!

Successfully got my Bossier City LA Best Buy to match the Adorama 65VT50 deal, and with the Sears link loaded on my iPhone, also got the $29.99 deal on the Pani glasses. Free delivery set up for the 15th.

I'm looking into the 2yr BB warranty (it's a couple hundred bucks), but am going to do some digging as to wether or not it will be a good "investment" or not.
Anyone have any experience w/this?
BadClams is offline  
post #1638 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Member
 
kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
kablam is offline  
post #1639 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Newbie
 
daleaherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My local BB said NO to the Adorama, but they were down to $2800... Oh well, I didn't feel like shopping around all the BB's in town, so I'll take delivery on Saturday.

Very excited as I will be upgrading from the Sam LTF4661 LCD (60Hz)...

My wife is excited too. She can't wait to watch Downton Abbey on the BIG screen...Small price to pay.
daleaherman is offline  
post #1640 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Seattle WA USA
Posts: 1,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm envious of all you getting the 3d glasses for $30. I thought I was all set at my local BB (just awaiting manager approval), but the guy couldn't get their system to order them for me. There's not a store within 50 miles of Seattle that has them, and the website lists them as "unavailable." Doesn't give me the warm fuzzies that these glasses are being produced a high rate (or they're selling like hotcakes).

Kudos to those that got them, wish I could get in four 4 pairs! smile.gif
valkyrie is offline  
post #1641 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Newbie
 
milalic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadClams View Post

(Using my best Borat), Very excite!!!

Successfully got my Bossier City LA Best Buy to match the Adorama 65VT50 deal, and with the Sears link loaded on my iPhone, also got the $29.99 deal on the Pani glasses. Free delivery set up for the 15th.

I'm looking into the 2yr BB warranty (it's a couple hundred bucks), but am going to do some digging as to wether or not it will be a good "investment" or not.
Anyone have any experience w/this?

Lucky you. Gone to two best buys and nothing. One even call Sears.
milalic is offline  
post #1642 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Newbie
 
softchewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought TC-P65VT50 at BB in Middletown, NY. $2425 + NY sales tax... free shipping with delivery next week.
Delivery includes set it up in room with stand (not wall mount) and test 1 input.

They matched buytvtoday.com price.

East Coast TV also has it for $$2,471 (+ tax if you live in Jersey).. that was one of my backup printouts.
(Have to enter coupon codes 20OFF and PAYCHECK)

fyi, BB normal price today was $2899.... down from $2999 yesterday.

Some additional info that I learned - if you have/get a BB rewards card and spend $2500, it will make you a Silver Premier member and that gets other benefits.
That includes a free service visit from the Geek Squad (one of the options is TV calibration which is normally $249)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/silver/benefits

might do that if they have the right gear... all the other free house call options I can handle myself

From BB site:
TV Calibration – Having an HDTV is one thing. Having it personalized to your exact needs is another. Our ISF-certified installers will come to your home and calibrate your HDTV so you're seeing it the way it was meant to be seen.

Read good and bad reviews about the service.

CNET's comments might sum it up well:
For $299*, Best Buy's Geek Squad also offers a TV calibration service that has become increasingly popular.
Their calibrators are also ISF-certified and their equipment is standardized to accord with ISF practices.
However, Geek Squad calibrators may not have as much field experience as a veteran independent contractor would, and are often under significant time restraints, so we still recommend going with an independent contractor if one is available in your area at a comparable price.

* - TV calibration at BB is $249 when I look at the site
softchewy is offline  
post #1643 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Member
 
AwareMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by milalic View Post

Lucky you. Gone to two best buys and nothing. One even call Sears.

Haha, I got the same thing (BB manager calling Sears). Struck out at 6 BB locations, and counting.

AwareMe is offline  
post #1644 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwareMe View Post

Haha, I got the same thing (BB manager calling Sears). Struck out at 6 BB locations, and counting.

yeah mine also shows 2899, I only tried at my local one so far. Not really optimistic due to how quickly the manager shot it down.

you guys will probably laugh at me, but I was amazed at how "lcd-like" in brightness the 64E8000 looked next to it. I wasn't able to locate the remotes for either so it was hard to say how much of it was due to settings.
jterp7 is offline  
post #1645 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jay Mammoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post

I'm envious of all you getting the 3d glasses for $30. I thought I was all set at my local BB (just awaiting manager approval), but the guy couldn't get their system to order them for me. There's not a store within 50 miles of Seattle that has them, and the website lists them as "unavailable." Doesn't give me the warm fuzzies that these glasses are being produced a high rate (or they're selling like hotcakes).

Kudos to those that got them, wish I could get in four 4 pairs! smile.gif

Just so you know, the Sony PS3 branded glasses work with the Plasmas, I just ordered a pair from amazon for $20, I know Best Buy has them for $20 as well.

Jay Mammoth is offline  
post #1646 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Member
 
cay5021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Elmira,NY
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was able to pick up the 65VT50 on 12/26, BB price matched buytvtoday.com's price which was then $2,549.00, no hassle at all. Obviously since then the price has dropped to $2,425...stopped back in today took about 5 mins and they refunded me the difference. Just as an FYI if any of you guys purchased the VT on or before the 26th on any "Wednesday" you should have received double reward points. All in all including the cash back and reward certificates I paid under $2,300.

Sorry if this is has already been said, but from my experience you will have a better chance getting a price match at a normal BB location and not a Magnolia store. I failed twice at two magnolia locations and yet the manager at a non-magnolia BB was actually excited to give me the price match. He did also mention that for non-magnolia stores that put in an order for a "Magnolia Featured" products is a bonus for the non-magnolia stores (don't know if this holds any weight..and I don't think he meant a monetary bonus, but who knows.)

On another note this will be my first time wall mounting a panel, any recommendations? do you guys prefer the "slim profile" or is the "Full-Tilt" a better option? any advice is appreciated.
cay5021 is offline  
post #1647 of 2673 Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Newbie
 
SnottyBoomBody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

First time poster here, short time lurker

Thanks to this forum and this thread I pulled the trigger and bought a 65VT50 today at BB.

Printed out the add from Adorama for $2,399 and after getting turned down at two local BB found the third BB would do the deal.

Also brought the Panasonic list of Authorized dealers and showed them that Adorama was on there, first 2 BB said No deal because they had a No return policy on Large TV's but the third BB said no problem.

Tried to get the 3D glass's too but they were out of stock and the salesman could not even order them on their computer or he would of done it.

Also got a price match on a Panamax M5300-PM surge protector/power conditioner which was selling in the BB store for $540, got it dropped to $360.

Picked up one of their ubber expensive Audio Quest HDMI cables that the salesman took 20% off the sticker price without me even asking smile.gif

Pretty good day of shopping I thought. cool.gif

All in all I saved about $730 off BB regular prices. wink.gif

To show a little good will towards the savings they gave me I bought one of their 2 year Geek Squad warranty's which supposedly goes above and beyond the manufacturers warranty, (also includes image burn in and since this is my first Plasma that's my biggest concern) plus since I got the price for the TV below their $2,499.99 price point on the Extended Warranty it only cost me $279.99 instead of $329.99

Put it all on a BB credit card and I chose 24 month no finance option so I have plenty of time to pay it off.

Next upgrade is a Audio system to go with it all biggrin.gif

So to everyone here I say a big THANK YOU for the advice and suggestions in this thread on the price help and the forum in general for helping me decide on the Panasonic Plasma 65" screen for my next TV.


Snotty Boom Body

.
SnottyBoomBody is offline  
post #1648 of 2673 Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Member
 
jhirsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhowes View Post

I took it a step further and got a price match on my Panasonic 3D Blueray player BDT-500 down from $309 to $277 using an Amazon ad. Has anybody seen this BD player cheaper?!

Got mine for $234 on Amazon in early Dec. It was one their "warehouse deals" open-box section, but when it got here... I can tell you it was never opened. There was a tiny puncture through the box into the stryrofoam... that was it. Haven't seen this player any cheaper since...
jhirsche is offline  
post #1649 of 2673 Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Member
 
irisservice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnottyBoomBody View Post

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here, short time lurker

Thanks to this forum and this thread I pulled the trigger and bought a 65VT50 today at BB.

Printed out the add from Adorama for $2,399 and after getting turned down at two local BB found the third BB would do the deal.

Also brought the Panasonic list of Authorized dealers and showed them that Adorama was on there, first 2 BB said No deal because they had a No return policy on Large TV's but the third BB said no problem.

Tried to get the 3D glass's too but they were out of stock and the salesman could not even order them on their computer or he would of done it.

Also got a price match on a Panamax M5300-PM surge protector/power conditioner which was selling in the BB store for $540, got it dropped to $360.

Picked up one of their ubber expensive Audio Quest HDMI cables that the salesman took 20% off the sticker price without me even asking smile.gif

Pretty good day of shopping I thought. cool.gif

All in all I saved about $730 off BB regular prices. wink.gif

To show a little good will towards the savings they gave me I bought one of their 2 year Geek Squad warranty's which supposedly goes above and beyond the manufacturers warranty, (also includes image burn in and since this is my first Plasma that's my biggest concern) plus since I got the price for the TV below their $2,499.99 price point on the Extended Warranty it only cost me $279.99 instead of $329.99

Put it all on a BB credit card and I chose 24 month no finance option so I have plenty of time to pay it off.

Next upgrade is a Audio system to go with it all biggrin.gif

So to everyone here I say a big THANK YOU for the advice and suggestions in this thread on the price help and the forum in general for helping me decide on the Panasonic Plasma 65" screen for my next TV.


Snotty Boom Body

.

where did you get the M5300-PM for $360
irisservice is offline  
post #1650 of 2673 Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Newbie
 
Dalmatian Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New Member, Long Time Lurker. To all those trying to price match at BB. My BEST success has been to go directly to the Customer Service desk. Avoid the TV or Magnolia departments. The Customer Service desk seems to be much more willing to do price matching.

Have a print out in your hand from the company you are trying to get them to price match. Make sure it is current from the same day you are in BB. If you have several different places that have a great price for the item you want, so much the better. Make sure you have a print out from EACH one. Make sure your paperwork does not reflect OUT OF STOCK from the low price store. If you get shot down from one person, walk away, and look around the store for a short time, and go back to customer service, and try a different person. If you still get shot down, move on to another BB store and the Customer Service Dept there.

I've had MUCH MORE success using this technique. In fact, I've never been denied price match at the Cust. Service desk. I live in the So. Cal. area, and the TV and Magnolia Depts. have been VERY reluctant to price match anything. However, Customer Service Dept. will bend over backwards to Price Match AND make you a happy Customer. I've purchased a LOT of items at BB and this always seems to work.

Good Luck to all. Thanks for keeping all of us up to date on great prices and sites you locate.
cphillips82 likes this.
Dalmatian Doc is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off