Panasonic VT50 Deals - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Member
 
wingman1659's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well the VT just won best TV at the shootout. That means beating out the Elite and some notable others. If I had the money I'd go VT.

At the end of the day would you be happier with the best TV on the market or by having a big TV.
wingman1659 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Member
 
jch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am aware that the VT won VE's shootout, as well as what that means as far as performance. I don't think I would necessarily write off the GT as just "having a big TV," as its PQ is very near that of the VT. Taking into account the (likely minor) differences in PQ and aesthetics, I believe the general consensus is to go with the bigger set. If there were no differences in PQ, it would be a no-brainer to go with the GT. I know that the true answer is "you have to ask what you value more, increased PQ or a larger size," but I'd like to know what others would do in this situation.

Thanks,

Jon
jch1 is offline  
post #153 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
ruiz00tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would probably get the 60GT50.
ruiz00tx is offline  
post #154 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,046
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #155 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Member
 
jch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm thinking that may be the way to go with this decision
jch1 is offline  
post #156 of 2673 Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Newbie
 
ColorfulColorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic VT50 - Check out the new EPP prices. They are sweet.
Unbelievable. 2775 for 65VT50

My bad, I have already ordered one from an outside retailer just 2 days ago.
ColorfulColorado is offline  
post #157 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere"
Posts: 1,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Damn It!

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #158 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Senior Member
 
loopaddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does Panasonic EPP charge tax for everybody? Asking because it's adding $200 in tax for the 65VT50 when I add it to the cart. I'm in California.
loopaddiction is offline  
post #159 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Newbie
 
Colmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Electronic Expo has P65VT50 with coupon code FSORG for $2673.03 + shipping , tax depends on state - none for Texas, also the P55VT50 for $1895 + shipping
Colmo is offline  
post #160 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorfulColorado View Post

Panasonic VT50 - Check out the new EPP prices. They are sweet.
Unbelievable. 2775 for 65VT50

My bad, I have already ordered one from an outside retailer just 2 days ago.

Send me a PM if you want my opinion on buying a plasma via EPP =)

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #161 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Member
 
asacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmo View Post

Electronic Expo has P65VT50 with coupon code FSORG for $2673.03 + shipping , tax depends on state - none for Texas, also the P55VT50 for $1895 + shipping

Wow this deal seems too good to be true (shipping to be would run $200, but no sales tax for me in MD, so all in 2888, besting amazon's by some $700?). I was seriously considering ST50 given price difference, but at 500 instead of 1k, I'm thinking VT now. Anyone have a reason NOT to order from these guys before I pull the trigger??!!

Thanks for pointing this out Colmo!!!

I would consider the EPP price straight from Panny at 2775 (plus tax/shipping?) but don't have any idea how to get an EPP account....the things I saw online suggest the ways one used to be able to get one may be dead?
asacks is offline  
post #162 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Member
 
Bauer600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Asacks,


Amazon also does a price match with Electronics-expo just FYI, incase you are trying to go that route instead. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger..
Bauer600 is offline  
post #163 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
jp0213x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
55 inch VT50 available from Paul's for 1899, might be the cheapest out there right now.
jp0213x is offline  
post #164 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Newbie
 
jel014's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Parent's needed a new TV badly... Just ordered one from Electronic Expo! Thanks for finding this deal!

The coupon paid for the shipping!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmo View Post

Electronic Expo has P65VT50 with coupon code FSORG for $2673.03 + shipping , tax depends on state - none for Texas, also the P55VT50 for $1895 + shipping

jel014 is offline  
post #165 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Member
 
asacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer600 View Post

Asacks,


Amazon also does a price match with Electronics-expo just FYI, incase you are trying to go that route instead. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger..

Thanks--I may call them. Obviously they'll still get the shipping included, but would rather have their return policy just in case. Either way, this deal is looking good! Some quick reseller rating research makes me feel okay about electronics expo anyway if that's the route I go.
asacks is offline  
post #166 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
loopaddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Please post if you're able to get Amazon to price match EE...I was thinking of calling and asking if they can match the price while doing free shipping, that would be super sweet.
loopaddiction is offline  
post #167 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
jp0213x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

Please post if you're able to get Amazon to price match EE...I was thinking of calling and asking if they can match the price while doing free shipping, that would be super sweet.

BB should price match free shipping.
jp0213x is offline  
post #168 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
loopaddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post

BB should price match free shipping.

Would you have to PM from EE to Amazon to get Best Buy to price match? Still, the tax would cancel out the free shipping, but I have a BB near me which is beneficial.
loopaddiction is offline  
post #169 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sequoia, CA
Posts: 30,119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

Please post if you're able to get Amazon to price match EE...I was thinking of calling and asking if they can match the price while doing free shipping, that would be super sweet.

I called Amazon and got a pretty serious runaround. They plan on notifying me in 3-4 days if they can deign to price match, even though their policy is pretty clear that they should.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't just call Cleveland Plasma. I guess it's because we buy so much from Amazon, I have that confidence of being taken care of in the event anything goes wrong. But really, I can't imagine Chris (or any of his people) giving me such a runaround and then promising to maybe get back to me in 3-4 days.

This isn't an ad for them, but maybe I should just call them tomorrow and see what they can do.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
rogo is online now  
post #170 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere"
Posts: 1,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Same here. "Pending supervisory approval" mine was price matched. Supposed to receive a call tomorrow to confirm.

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #171 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
 
jp0213x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

Would you have to PM from EE to Amazon to get Best Buy to price match? Still, the tax would cancel out the free shipping, but I have a BB near me which is beneficial.

Go to Paul's website create an account, you can only see the price during checkout. You will need to show BB proof of price for them to price match.
jp0213x is offline  
post #172 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Member
 
pboy207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

Would you have to PM from EE to Amazon to get Best Buy to price match? Still, the tax would cancel out the free shipping, but I have a BB near me which is beneficial.

You would primematch to EE. BB policy does not price match websites, only local competitors. So you will need to have a EE local to you to price match at BB. You may get lucky and get a manager to price match a website but it is not policy. Doesnt hurt to try.
pboy207 is offline  
post #173 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
jp0213x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yea you might get lucky I live here in MA and there are like 5 Paul's stores around. The locals BB around my area will price match.
jp0213x is offline  
post #174 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Member
 
pboy207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I called Amazon and got a pretty serious runaround. They plan on notifying me in 3-4 days if they can deign to price match, even though their policy is pretty clear that they should.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't just call Cleveland Plasma. I guess it's because we buy so much from Amazon, I have that confidence of being taken care of in the event anything goes wrong. But really, I can't imagine Chris (or any of his people) giving me such a runaround and then promising to maybe get back to me in 3-4 days.

This isn't an ad for them, but maybe I should just call them tomorrow and see what they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

Same here. "Pending supervisory approval" mine was price matched. Supposed to receive a call tomorrow to confirm.

You guys have nothing to worry about. Amazon should definitely price match as EE is one of their approved vendors. As long as they were able to verify the price when you called to initiate the price match then there should be no problems. Congrats!!
pboy207 is offline  
post #175 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Member
 
asacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboy207 View Post

You guys have nothing to worry about. Amazon should definitely price match as EE is one of their approved vendors. As long as they were able to verify the price when you called to initiate the price match then there should be no problems. Congrats!!

I was unable to get an amazon price match--they claimed that because it required a promo code, it was no good. They would've price-matched the EE $2895 price and then added in shipping (i.e. the price with no promo code). This was from talking to a CS rep and then a supervisor. I was too tired to deal with it anymore, so figured I'd just give the business to EE rather than continue to try to get a pricematch, so I went ahead and ordered from EE. I figure at least I know that since amazon does pricematch the site, it isn't a scam site.

65VT50 is ordered and hopefully on it's way soon--in any case whether through amazon or EE, we're getting a great TV at a pretty great price! So psyched--now the countdown to delivery begins!!!
asacks is offline  
post #176 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Senior Member
 
loopaddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You shouldn't worry one bit about EE. I've done business with them several times, they're a reputable, reliable, and friendly retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboy207 View Post

You would primematch to EE. BB policy does not price match websites, only local competitors. So you will need to have a EE local to you to price match at BB. You may get lucky and get a manager to price match a website but it is not policy. Doesnt hurt to try.

Guess this wouldn't work for me unless I can convince one of the employees that NJ is in close proximity to California. I might just go with EE, it's just having TVs shipped cross country makes me quite worrisome and i've had some bad experiences in the past.
loopaddiction is offline  
post #177 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
PINKTULIPS7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by asacks View Post

I was unable to get an amazon price match--they claimed that because it required a promo code, it was no good. They would've price-matched the EE $2895 price and then added in shipping (i.e. the price with no promo code). This was from talking to a CS rep and then a supervisor. I was too tired to deal with it anymore, so figured I'd just give the business to EE rather than continue to try to get a pricematch, so I went ahead and ordered from EE. I figure at least I know that since amazon does pricematch the site, it isn't a scam site.

65VT50 is ordered and hopefully on it's way soon--in any case whether through amazon or EE, we're getting a great TV at a pretty great price! So psyched--now the countdown to delivery begins!!!

What pro code?

Panasonic TC-P55VT50
HARMAN KARDON AVR 7300
L & R :> POLK RTI A9 500 W
PARASOUND HALO A21 250 W
EMOTIVA UPA-1 200 W
POLK CSI A6 200 W
POLK RTi A3 150 W
POLK F/XI A6 150 W
Panasonic DMP-BDT 500
PANAMAX M5400-EX
SVS PCI12 ULTRA 525 W
PINKTULIPS7 is offline  
post #178 of 2673 Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Member
 
asacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKTULIPS7 View Post

What pro code?

See colmo's post above---FSORG drops price about 220 on ELectronics Expo. 2673+shipping and tax where applicable (NJ?), no tax in MD where I am.
asacks is offline  
post #179 of 2673 Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post

Send me a PM if you want my opinion on buying a plasma via EPP =)



And yet, I had absolutely no problems at all getting a Panasonic VT plasma TV through the EPP program. But I also made sure to inspect the screen thoroughly for any possible cracks or other forms of physical damage before signing to accept the delivery, which for quite a few years is something that people have been told to do on these forums here over and over again numerous times when having a TV delivered.

What happened to you, not inspecting the TV before signing for it, and then later finding damage, could have happened no matter who you bought it from. And yes, once you sign for it, theoretically, it's no longer the sellers problem if it was damaged in some way inside the box. Some sellers will even make you try to file a damage claim with whoever it was the shipped it, needless to say, that is not a fun thing to do, and they will more than likely also try to refuse the claim.
Johnla is online now  
post #180 of 2673 Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Newbie
 
ColorfulColorado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you are getting a TV delivered by FedEx freight, how do you check for any damage. I assume that it takes some time to unpack it and the Delivery guy
might not want to wait around.

Any suggestions ?

I would appreciate if anybody can share their experiences with FedEx freight Delivery.

Thanks,
ColorfulColorado is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off