AVS Forum banner

Any GT50 deals out there?

52K views 406 replies 179 participants last post by  htesolutions 
#1 ·
Bountii shows J&R has the TC-P60GT50 on pre-order for 2399.00, but their shipping is pricey.

Nothing on Amazon yet.

Google shows TristateCamera has it for 2194.96 with free shipping. Getting closer!

Any other deals out there?

#327 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit26.2  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/300#post_22989309

I'm in a quandary. My local Best Buy is about out of stock on the 2012 60" GT50. They have a floor model that the Magnolia manager said he could sell for $1300 when the remaining stock was gone (he predicts in the next week or two). I previously told my wife there was no way I would buy a floor model, but that price caught me off guard. He said I could inspect it and that he's sure there is no burn-in, and looking at it I couldn't see any. I just can't decide if that price is really a good deal, since I'm essentially buying a used TV. Can anyone add some perspective?

Ask the Magnolia manager if he will order a new 60GT50 to be delivered to the store. That is what the local BB did for me. I would rather have a brand new one than a floor model any day.

Bill

#328 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit26.2  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/300#post_22989309

I'm in a quandary. My local Best Buy is about out of stock on the 2012 60" GT50. They have a floor model that the Magnolia manager said he could sell for $1300 when the remaining stock was gone (he predicts in the next week or two). I previously told my wife there was no way I would buy a floor model, but that price caught me off guard. He said I could inspect it and that he's sure there is no burn-in, and looking at it I couldn't see any. I just can't decide if that price is really a good deal, since I'm essentially buying a used TV. Can anyone add some perspective?

That just seems like a lot of hours on a TV... it's a good price, only $300 more then my 50 inch, but still, that's a lot of hours on that bad boy... I think PaulsTV has new ones at what, like $1599 or something?

EDIT: $1699, but no tax... so $400 more expensive minus whatever tax Best Buy will charge you, so probably like $275 to $300 more for brand spanking new... It's hard to decide, on one hand that amount of money seems decent and buys a standard BDP and a handful of movies and on the other hand it's not really much more for brand new...

#329 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/300#post_22990359

Ask the Magnolia manager if he will order a new 60GT50 to be delivered to the store. That is what the local BB did for me. I would rather have a brand new one than a floor model any day.

Bill

Is there a reason to get the TV through BB vs Paul's online? I would avoid tax buying from Paul's whereas BB will charge tax despite matching the sale price.

#332 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Perinne  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/300#post_22994069

Is there a reason to get the TV through BB vs Paul's online? I would avoid tax buying from Paul's whereas BB will charge tax despite matching the sale price.

I found the Paul's TV staff to be OK but they push Samsung products big time. For me there is no sales tax as I bought my 60GT50 at a BB in New Hampshire. The points that Alan K made are ones that could be of concern if you decide to return the plasma. The fact that the local BB treated me so well made it an easy choice over dealing with Paul's TV.

Bill

#334 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_22994577

I found the Paul's TV staff to be OK but they push Samsung products big time. For me there is no sales tax as I bought my 60GT50 at a BB in New Hampshire. The points that Alan K made are ones that could be of concern if you decide to return the plasma. The fact that the local BB treated me so well made it an easy choice over dealing with Paul's TV.

Bill

I've been looking around for a new TV and was shopping at Pauls. They quoted me a decent price for a VT50 55 inch TV and asked me to put $100 down to get locked in so I did. I went back the next day, (today) and now they tell me they can not get the 55, but would sell me the 65 for a nice price.

This is the reason why I primarily shop on line these days.

#335 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_22999978

I've been looking around for a new TV and was shopping at Pauls. They quoted me a decent price for a VT50 55 inch TV and asked me to put $100 down to get locked in so I did. I went back the next day, (today) and now they tell me they can not get the 55, but would sell me the 65 for a nice price.

This is the reason why I primarily shop on line these days.

You could check your local Best Buy to see if they have the 55VT50 and if they will match the Paul's TV price.

Bill

#337 ·
Ordered my 60GT50 from Paul's on 2/9. Been 10 business days. Called them twice and both times they say I should expect a call soon from their delivery service company (last call was on 2/20). Still nothing. I live in WA state. Anyone successfully received a TV from them out-of-state recently?

#339 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23002293

What is Paul's current price?

The price for the 60GT50 is $1699 after you apply the SAVE200 coupon.

Bill

#342 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23003589

Hi Speakerphile, I was talking about the VT50 55" tv in my post, not the GT50.

Hope I didn't casue confusion.

FYI: I went to a different Best Buy. They happily matched Pauls price.

Out the door, I paid $1842.33.

Good to hear, great TV!

#346 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23003634

Good to hear, great TV!

I love how everything just worked out so well for me... for a change...

Usually, when I buy something this expensive, I get a case of buyer’s remorse. Don't know why... but I just do. But not this time...
I feel like I got a great deal.

#349 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23021712

If you google it you'll find directions.

Holy cow Panasonic did a good job keeping the service menu procedure out of people's hands. 75% of the sites found on google are all saying "just google it, we can't post the instructions here". The rest are like "push the F button on the TV and the do..." What the hell is the "F" button?

Why couldn't they freaking add number of hours into the regular menu?! I wonder how much a calibrater would charge to walk me through just checking the hours over the phone...

#350 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarney  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23024331

Holy cow Panasonic did a good job keeping the service menu procedure out of people's hands. 75% of the sites found on google are all saying "just google it, we can't post the instructions here". The rest are like "push the F button on the TV and the do..." What the hell is the "F" button?

Why couldn't they freaking add number of hours into the regular menu?! I wonder how much a calibrater would charge to walk me through just checking the hours over the phone...

The instructions are on hdj and they can't be posted here, links to the site can't be posted here. Use this search string to get there "panasonic check hours on plasma" and it should be first on the list.

#351 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic  /t/1405183/any-gt50-deals-out-there/330#post_23024584

The instructions are on hdj and they can't be posted here, links to the site can't be posted here. Use this search string to get there "panasonic check hours on plasma" and it should be first on the list.

Thanks, I guess the stuff I kept finding was for UK models or last years set...

Looks like I've got just about 61 hours on the display and shockingly IR is almost nonexistent already! I experienced a little bit the first two or three days that would happen REALLY fast, like if I left a menu screen up on netflix for one or two minutes. It would go away with the white bar running for about four or five minutes though. But now that I've got cable connected I've noticed ZERO IR from network logos even after watching the same channel for about two or three hours at a time with a big stupid logo. I hope this is a good sign of the panel aging well. Blacks looks AMAZING so I can't picture them getting much better but if they do that'll be even more awesome!

Buzz is kind of a pain on a bright or white screen when the TV's volume (using the TV speakers) is probably set at 10 or lower, It basically sounds like a bad audio source kind of buzz. I guess this is normal and I don't plan on requesting a swap or service. The only time I really notice it is when watching past 10pm or so at night when I turn the volume really low to not bug anyone sleeping in the house. (the TV is in a bed room down stairs and a bed room is right above me too)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.