AVS Forum banner

Any GT50 deals out there?

52K views 406 replies 179 participants last post by  htesolutions 
#1 ·
Bountii shows J&R has the TC-P60GT50 on pre-order for 2399.00, but their shipping is pricey.

Nothing on Amazon yet.

Google shows TristateCamera has it for 2194.96 with free shipping. Getting closer!

Any other deals out there?

#3 ·
Looks like the best deal right now is though Panasonic's EPP offering available to many through employee benefit plans at work. I'm seeing free shipping, a reduced price (discount depends on model and size) and a freetalk HD skype enabled camera (for free) - as a pre-order of course. Most in stock models also are eleigible for the 2 free 3d glasses offer, and are said to ship in 2 - 3 days. Extended service plans are also available for a discount on select models.

I really want a TC-P60GT50, but it is very tempting to go for the in stock TCP60ST50.

#8 ·
 http://buybestdisplays.com/Panasonic...cConsumer.aspx

Any feedback on Buy Best Displays? They have low low prices on the 2012 Pannys. Today I found that they had two TC-P60GT50's listed. One at $2199.99 with a 'buy' button, and another at $1699.99 with an order button. Based on Panasonics EPP pricing, that's got to be a mistake. I picked up the phone and called them. They said go ahead an order at the lower price, as they have already sold 80% of their first allotment. So I did. Apparently it's an email type thing where they call you back within 24 hours to get credit card info. We'll see. With shipping and all the EPP will probably be the way to go.

Update - some searching uncovered that these guys used to be BuyBestPlasma. 'Nuff said - EPP for me.

#11 ·
Panasonic.com now shows all 3 65" Plasmas (ST, GT, and VT) in stock! EPP pricing has come down a bit too, but only a couple hundred off street pricing (adorama). The EPP for the 65" VT is less than what Amazon wants for the 65" GT.

Looks like the only remaining pre-order at Panasonic is the 55" VT. Exciting times.

#16 ·
what is the EPP price on the 60GT50? I had a friend who works for Panasonic and gave me their friends and family pricing, but I wasn't sure if that was the same as EPP. It showed up as $2079.99 + tax on the F&F site.

However, I just found the same set on newegg.com for $2039.99 shipped ($300 discount automatically appeared in cart, no clue what the promo is), no tax charged. Obviously there are some drawbacks with shopping at newegg, but being in NY tax was gonna kill me from amazon or local B&M so I took the gamble. Is this actually the best price out there and do you all think I'll be safe buying from newegg? I buy a ton of stuff from them and always come out satisfied, but a plasma is a different kind of purchase.

I did use my AMEX card which extends the mfr warranty an extra year, and offers purchase protection up to $1000 on each item. Rounding out the deal I used FatWallet cashback which currently is 2.6-4% for newegg.

It's pretty late now so I am sure the order won't get processed till tomorrow. If there is any red flag I'm missing, or the price isn't worth it, please let me know. I think I've done pretty well though and hope some others can get in on the deal too!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889187257

#18 ·
Well, good to know I at least scored a good deal value wise. Any thoughts on newegg as a plasma vendor?

FYI, the cashback through FW has already been reported to my account. Total came in as $54.67, so I am guessing that is around the lower end of their current cashback scale, but I'll take the savings all the same. Brings total down to $1,985.32 which would make this the first sub-$2K deal around!

order status w/newegg has been updated to "Packaging" and the credit card has already been authorized.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheckeNYK /forum/post/22009726

what is the EPP price on the 60GT50? I had a friend who works for Panasonic and gave me their friends and family pricing, but I wasn't sure if that was the same as EPP. It showed up as $2079.99 + tax on the F&F site.

However, I just found the same set on newegg.com for $2039.99 shipped ($300 discount automatically appeared in cart, no clue what the promo is), no tax charged. Obviously there are some drawbacks with shopping at newegg, but being in NY tax was gonna kill me from amazon or local B&M so I took the gamble. Is this actually the best price out there and do you all think I'll be safe buying from newegg? I buy a ton of stuff from them and always come out satisfied, but a plasma is a different kind of purchase.

I did use my AMEX card which extends the mfr warranty an extra year, and offers purchase protection up to $1000 on each item. Rounding out the deal I used FatWallet cashback which currently is 2.6-4% for newegg.

It's pretty late now so I am sure the order won't get processed till tomorrow. If there is any red flag I'm missing, or the price isn't worth it, please let me know. I think I've done pretty well though and hope some others can get in on the deal too!

Great deal! As for ordering from Newegg, just be aware of their return policy. According to their policy, there is a restocking fee and you must report any damage within 48hrs of receiving the TV. Just determine whether your comfortable with these things and if its worth the $180 - $200 in tax savings.

Great new is that Newegg is a vendor that Amazon price matches. So for anyone that prefers Amazon can order fm there and have it price matched to Newegg.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheckeNYK /forum/post/22009726

Yesterday, I called Amazon and they matched Newegg price $2039.99 including 3-5 day shipping for P60GT50. Shipping soon.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonip_15 /forum/post/22010877

Cleveland Plasma has the 65GT50 for $2800, that's the lowest I've seen so far.

It was at that price, now it is lower.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.