Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post

speaking of, whats an appropriate tip for a tv delivery guy? i never had a tv delivered. bought my only flat screen in store. what if theres more than 1 guy?

Are you serious? It's their freaking job and they are not paid a minimum wage like waiters.
BriscoCountyJr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM

Liked: 10
I just got Amazon to pricematch with the Paul's "FREEUPGRADE" for free whiteglove delivery, saving me $100 ($1499).

It took some time (20 minutes) and patience (polite and friendly) though. For me, it was crucial that I explained, and showed the CSR that the coupon is advertised on Paul'sTV main page for anyone to use. Once she was convinced of this, she then added the TV to a cart and entered the coupon. Amazon apparently does not price match promotions or coupons unless you can convince them that its a it is easy to find and for anyone to use (i.e. not some emailed coupon or copied from some dark ally of the internet).

Wow, this just made my day! Thanks to whomever posted about the coupon.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

So still waiting on the phone call from AIT to schedule delivery Rats Was hoping to have the set for the weekend.
How long does this take? Supposedly it shipped out late Monday Night.

check my post about my delivery experience with AIT. All i gotta say is good luck!

also, so much for Paul's promising that they have stopped using AIT.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:

So still waiting on the phone call from AIT to schedule delivery Rats Was hoping to have the set for the weekend.
How long does this take? Supposedly it shipped out late Monday Night.

Who did you buy from and who is the shipping company they contracted with?

Update: I see you ordered from Paul's and got AIT . . . Did you call Paul's and tell them about the problem? Paul's contends most deliveries are only 3 to 4 business days.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidPalace View Post

PAuls TV free white glove shipping only applies to Sammy LED over 55" and Sammy plasma per the fine print on the ad.

Incorrect . . . Some of us are getting our $100 shipping back from Amazon because on Paul's Link clearly states in the promo code fine print "Eligible items include: ALLPlasma TVs, ALL DLP TVs, and ALL LED TVs, 55" and up."

My Amazon CSR interpreted "ALL Plasma TVs" to include my 50ST50 and I received confirmation that my $100 was just returned to my credit card.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM

Just got off the phone with Amazon. Bought the 50" ST50 for $999 shipped. Price matched with Paul'sTV over the phone with Cust serv rep.
To be more precise, I paid $1099.99 but there will be a $100 credit issued after the TV ships. Already got the email confirmation stating as such.
Scheduled delivery for Tuesday the 31st.
FWIW, this also comes on the heels of two heated arguments with Amazon after a prior refusal to match PaulsTV without the $100 shipping fee. Previous argument ended very poorly, insults and all I am embarrassed to admit. They clearly did not blacklist me from TV price matches.
Thanks also to Soobarodude for the free shipping tip (not sure why I only saw the Sammy discount).
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post

I just got Amazon to pricematch with the Paul's "FREEUPGRADE" for free whiteglove delivery, saving me $100 ($1499).
It took some time (20 minutes) and patience (polite and friendly) though. For me, it was crucial that I explained, and showed the CSR that the coupon is advertised on Paul'sTV main page for anyone to use. Once she was convinced of this, she then added the TV to a cart and entered the coupon. Amazon apparently does not price match promotions or coupons unless you can convince them that its a it is easy to find and for anyone to use (i.e. not some emailed coupon or copied from some dark ally of the internet).
Wow, this just made my day! Thanks to whomever posted about the coupon.

I posted the info . . . Congrats on ordering an amazing tv at an amazing free white glove delivery and lowest price available on a price match from the online retailer with the fastest delivery times and best return policy!

For Amazon to price match a promo, it must clearly be on the website of wherever you are price matching from and available to everyone . . . Just like Paul's is. It cannot be a private coupon or restricted (limited to respective persons) use coupon or special; and the Amazon CSR must be able to duplicate it on his or her screen, as in walking it all through to the end on the competitor's online cart.

You walked your CSR exactly and correctly through the process, so the CSR can validate it. Great job! Was the 20 minutes of extreme politeness worth $100?

I have found the extreme politeness especially helpful, and not out of order, since the CSRs and thir supervisors take a lot of their time to help us save further. And . . . You just can't beat the Amazon return/resolutions if you did have a problem.

No one expects Paul's free white glove shipping to last long; so, if you are wanting a 100% price match with Amazon that includes free shipping,, now would be the time to pull the trigger. There is no free shipping on TVs for even us Amazon Prime customers, except in a rare free white glove shipping price match situation like this. Unless the website you are trying to get Amazon to price match explicitly states free white glove delivery, Amazon ALWAYS requires buyers, regardless of whether you have Prime or not, to pay $100 for white glove shipping. By policy, Amazon interprets competitors free shipping on TVs to be only curbside service, nless specifically stated as "free white glove shipping" as Paul's is temporarily now doing.

So, if you want Amazn's fast shipping, outstanding return policy, and free shipping, you should pull the trigger now while Paul's prices are the lowest and while Paul's is advertising free white glove delivery.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidPalace View Post

Just got off the phone with Amazon. Bought the 50" ST50 for $999 shipped. Price matched with Paul'sTV over the phone with Cust serv rep.
To be more precise, I paid $1099.99 but there will be a $100 credit issued after the TV ships. Already got the email confirmation stating as such.
Scheduled delivery for Tuesday the 31st.
FWIW, this also comes on the heels of two heated arguments with Amazon after a prior refusal to match PaulsTV without the $100 shipping fee. Previous argument ended very poorly, insults and all I am embarrassed to admit. They clearly did not blacklist me from TV price matches.
Thanks also to Soobarodude for the free shipping tip (not sure why I only saw the Sammy discount).

Awesome, Skidpalace! It finally worked out . . . All Amazon CSRs are not created equal, but they all respond well to extreme politeness. Well done!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
After being turned down twice to pricematch with Pauls free whiteglove charge yesterday I had given up hope but decided to try once more today after reading all you guys posts this morning.
And guess what I was successful in my 3rd attempt! smile.gif
CSR I got today clearly knew exactly what she was doing and she started off by immediately informing me that Amazon has a very strict policy on Pauls white glove delivery charge.
She clearly knew about the service as I didn't even get a chance to mention the deal at that point. When I told her about the deal she said she'd check on that and came back in a couple of minutes and said no problem it's a match!! The whole thing took less than 10 mins this time.. super fast and very professional CSR!!
I guess it pays to keep trying ...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Actually I ordered from Tiger Direct, not Paul's. AIT called about an hour ago. Very nice but their next delivery day is Wednesday which actually works for me as I have off
Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually I ordered from Tiger Direct, not Paul's. AIT called about an hour ago. Very nice but their next delivery day is Wednesday which actually works for me as I have off

Glad that worked out . . . Sounds great that Wednesday works good for you and AIT . . . Glad to hear AIT called you to set it up!

Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Glad that worked out . . . Sounds great that Wednesday works good for you and AIT . . . Glad to hear AIT called you to set it up!

Thanks brother. I will have all wednesday morn to get room set up. Really looking forward. First plasma ever.

smile.gif
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post

After being turned down twice to pricematch with Pauls free whiteglove charge yesterday I had given up hope but decided to try once more today after reading all you guys posts this morning.
And guess what I was successful in my 3rd attempt! smile.gif
CSR I got today clearly knew exactly what she was doing and she started off by immediately informing me that Amazon has a very strict policy on Pauls white glove delivery charge.
She clearly knew about the service as I didn't even get a chance to mention the deal at that point. When I told her about the deal she said she'd check on that and came back in a couple of minutes and said no problem it's a match!! The whole thing took less than 10 mins this time.. super fast and very professional CSR!!
I guess it pays to keep trying ...

Sigh, no luck here. Rep was familiar with Pauls TV and had an account already and everything. She went to put in my zip code to see shipping costs and as soon as I mentioned you need to put the coupon code in, denied. Said it has to be completly automatic (even though I pointed out it was bold on the home page). O well, may try again later.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonation View Post

Sigh, no luck here. Rep was familiar with Pauls TV and had an account already and everything. She went to put in my zip code to see shipping costs and as soon as I mentioned you need to put the coupon code in, denied. Said it has to be completly automatic (even though I pointed out it was bold on the home page). O well, may try again later.

Try again . . . Taking most of us three or four tries. Second try worked for me. Take the CSR FIRST to the home page and free white glove shipping link to see the code available to all . . . Then have them do the walk through . . . Without that, some CSRs think the promo code is only for select customers instead of all who order. Good luck!

Old 07-27-2012, 02:46 PM

My 55" was delivered today.

I got a call this morning that it was being delivered between 2pm-6pm. Which is fine. At about 12:30 I got a call from the frontgate (I live in a gated community) that there's a delivery. That's cool, they're early and I'm home so it's all good...Before I get off the call with the frontgate, a 2nd call beeps in and I pick-up, it's the TV dispatch guy telling me the delivery guy is going to be early...Gee, thanks for that heads-up. rolleyes.gif

The van pulls up and it's 1 delivery guy. He slides the TV box out of the Van and DRAGS it on the ground and up the few stairs to my door. DRAGS the box inside and places it in the living room where we want it. I'm standing there looking at the box and he's not really doing anything. So then I look around and find my box-cutter and start cutting the tape on the box to open it up. Delivery dude is just standing there watching me. I then remember that usually big boxes like this don't usually open like a regular box and see some instructions on the box. Basically you take the plastic inserts out where the 4 handles are and the top of the box comes off...Once I start doing that, all of a sudden the guy says "oh yeah, that's how you open the box"...Gee, you couldn't have pointed that out while I'm putzing around with cutting tape I didn't have to??!!

Get the top of the box off, then we plug the TV in and it looks good. So off he went (leaving the discarded box and not taking it out). For the (lack) of work this guy did I wish I had single dollar bills to give him...I'd have only given him like $3 or $4 as a tip, but I was expecting 2 guys and "white glove" service so I only had a $10 bill so I gave it to him.

I also checked my bank account today and see that the initial $29 credit finally showed up...As going through on the 23rd ("processed" on their end on 7/18), so it took about 5 business days.

All in all, things went the way they were supposed to.

I'm *trying* to run the 100hr break-in with the D-Nice slides...When my little guy isn't insisting on watching his cartoons that he's been without for a week waiting on the new TV. smile.gif
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 AM

I don't get it. Why is everybody trying to buy their ST50s OUTSIDE of Paul's TV by price matching with Best Buy, Amazon, etc.? Is there something wrong with the business or what? Curious because I will likely be buying a 50" ST50 this weekend/coming week, and thought Paul's was fine to go with until I checked out this thread...confused.gif
Old 07-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurmdrinker View Post

I don't get it. Why is everybody trying to buy their ST50s OUTSIDE of Paul's TV by price matching with Best Buy, Amazon, etc.? Is there something wrong with the business or what? Curious because I will likely be buying a 50" ST50 this weekend/coming week, and thought Paul's was fine to go with until I checked out this thread...confused.gif

Simple . . . Amazon has the fastest delivery and the better return policy.

Check both policies for yourself and then decide. Nothing overtly wrongs with Paul's TV . . . Simply that Amazon's policies are better . . .

Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:

Amazon offers financing, Paul's does not offer financing for online purchases. I got the impression that delivery from Amazon would be faster than Pauls, though I don't know that for sure. That being said, I did have my TV on Thursday - ordered last Saturday in time for the OIympics. I also valued the no hassle return policy of Amazon. I ended up paying $130 more than Paul's because I'm NY and had to pay tax (it was almost $240 more before the pricematch for free whiteglove shipping). Is it worth it? I've asked myself this many times the last week, but I''m enjoying my P60ST50 right now, and its very easy to forget the price difference.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post

Amazon offers financing, Paul's does not offer financing for online purchases. I got the impression that delivery from Amazon would be faster than Pauls, though I don't know that for sure. That being said, I did have my TV on Thursday - ordered last Saturday in time for the OIympics. I also valued the no hassle return policy of Amazon. I ended up paying $130 more than Paul's because I'm NY and had to pay tax (it was almost $240 more before the pricematch for free whiteglove shipping). Is it worth it? I've asked myself this many times the last week, but I''m enjoying my P60ST50 right now, and its very easy to forget the price difference.
Quote:

Simple . . . Amazon has the fastest delivery and the better return policy.
Check both policies for yourself and then decide. Nothing overtly wrongs with Paul's TV . . . Simply that Amazon's policies are better . . .
Oh ok, thanks. Since I don't think I'll need to return the TV, get faster shipping(I think it would arrive this week either way), or have a need for financing, I'll just go with Paul's. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of getting that price matched. Besides, I already have 3 things coming from Amazon. I'll leave them alone for now. tongue.gif
Old 07-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Try again . . . Taking most of us three or four tries. Second try worked for me. Take the CSR FIRST to the home page and free white glove shipping link to see the code available to all . . . Then have them do the walk through . . . Without that, some CSRs think the promo code is only for select customers instead of all who order. Good luck!

Second attempt a success! Guy didn't even check the shipping, just saw the price difference and gave it to me. Weekend reps must be lazy cool.gif
Old 07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oh ok, thanks. Since I don't think I'll need to return the TV, get faster shipping(I think it would arrive this week either way), or have a need for financing, I'll just go with Paul's. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of getting that price matched. Besides, I already have 3 things coming from Amazon. I'll leave them alone for now. tongue.gif

Somebody has to buy from Paul's to keep Amazon incentivized! Thanks for spreading it out.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Incorrect . . . Some of us are getting our $100 shipping back from Amazon because on Paul's Link clearly states in the promo code fine print "Eligible items include: ALLPlasma TVs, ALL DLP TVs, and ALL LED TVs, 55" and up."
My Amazon CSR interpreted "ALL Plasma TVs" to include my 50ST50 and I received confirmation that my $100 was just returned to my credit card.

No comma after ALL LED TVs. Here is my experience with Amazon CSR:
I was able to price match for P50ST50. At fist the representative said price-matching won't work for the 50" because Paul's website said, "Eligible Items Include: ALL Plasma TVs, ALL DLP TVs, and ALL LED TVs 55" and up." Then the CSR called Paul's TV and found out free white glove shipping works for any Plasma TVs, not just 55" and up.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:

People would rather buy from amazon or best buy..well because they're amazon and best buy. much better shipping policies in terms of amazon will take the tv back no hassle. I tried for weeks to buy from a local best buy/sears/etc or amazon at the same price or within $100 of pauls tv but never found it. then pauls raised their prices by $100 on all the st50's and i found myself trying to convince them to sell me a set at the old price. then finally they dipped back down by $100 and I ordered a 55" on monday, came on friday and i'm in nyc. pretty pleased about that.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Like has been said already about possibly better shipping, the more important part is the more liberal return policy. You may not expect to return the set, but you may get a dud. I'd rather deal with Amazon in that situation.
The other big issue for many on Paul's vs Amazon is sales tax. Each has states that do/do not charge tax. Could be a big deal for some like me.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Is $2099 still the best deal on the 65" right now? Most of these sellers require info just to get a price. Amazon is at $2099, but was wondering if Paul's or any others are lower right now. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 PM

Paul's has the 65" for $1,999 right now. Just bought from our local Paul's TV store in Massachusetts and they price matched the website and will be able to avoid MA sales tax due to the sales tax holiday weekend coming up August 11th.

Awesome!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhitman View Post

Paul's has the 65" for $1,999 right now. Just bought from our local Paul's TV store in Massachusetts and they price matched the website and will be able to avoid MA sales tax due to the sales tax holiday weekend coming up August 11th.
Awesome!

Cool, but what do you mean by the sales tax holiday weekend?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM

No sales tax will be charged that weekend on any purchases up to $2,500.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:36 AM

Paul's has Panasonic Smart Viera TC-P50ST50 50" Class ST50 for $999 with free shipping today only.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy3 View Post

Paul's has Panasonic Smart Viera TC-P50ST50 50" Class ST50 for $999 with free shipping today only.
I should have included you see this price after putting the tv in your cart.