AVS Forum banner

Panasonic ST50 Deals

103K views 854 replies 280 participants last post by  CruelInventions 
#1 ·
I see amazon has TC-P65ST50 listed for $2999.95. Do you guys think this price will come down?

#652 ·
I have been thinking of getting the st50, the 55 at Amazon is a great price, and I would like to know if joining Amazon Prime going to speed delivery and if that is any different from the "white glove" that I have heard here? I have never bought anything like this from them before!

Thanks

#653 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by J__Chris  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/630#post_22663099

I have been thinking of getting the st50, the 55 at Amazon is a great price, and I would like to know if joining Amazon Prime going to speed delivery and if that is any different from the "white glove" that I have heard here? I have never bought anything like this from them before!

Thanks

Just took delivery of 55ST50 from Amazon today.

I am thinking Prime membership does not impact HDTV delivery date but we are Prime members.

We took a delayed delivery date due to our own schedule.

The delivery went fine but he was late. He put the base on and set the set up quickly. So far so good.

#656 ·
Can anyone confirm that Shop Panasonic will no longer be carrying the 60 inch ST50??? I've read this several places, though it seems like speculation.

Still hoping to find this tv for ~$1300 out the door, but at this point, with what seems ever less retailers with stock, my hope is dwindling, and I'm thinking that ~$1500 out the door through EPP is the best that's gonna happen (if panasonic is going to have more inventory).

#657 ·
Just got BB to match EPP pricing of $1025 on 55st50. Asked if they would match square trades price of $169 for 4 year warranty. They said no, but I asked since they wouldn't could they throw in glasses. Not only did they throw in one pair they said any additional pairs would be 1/2 price. More than made up difference between them and Sq Tr.

#662 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulong  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22692299

Thanks to this thread... I just had BB pricematch the Panasonic EPP price for $1024.99 for the 55ST50. Now the question is should i buy a warranty through BB. 5 year for $299

That's awesome. Did you just show them the EPP website on your phone or something?

Do they do free delivery?

#663 ·
I got my warranty for 249 through BB. I showed them on my phone that I could purchase square trade warranty for $169 and was able to use that to get them to throw in the $80 3d glasses. If you don't need that use it as bargaining tool for them to throw in a couple of movies, cables, etc..

#664 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulong  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22692299

Thanks to this thread... I just had BB pricematch the Panasonic EPP price for $1024.99 for the 55ST50. Now the question is should i buy a warranty through BB. 5 year for $299

I thought BB didn't match online prices?

#667 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22694923

Circling the drain is a little dramatic, don't you think? Best Buy still has very strong financials.

No I don't. Their revenues have declined 3 years in a row, insiders sold 2 million shares this year. They're in big trouble if they don't do something. Thus the new policy of price matching.

#669 ·
I as well took advantage of the Panasonic EPP pricing for the TC-P55ST50 at Best Buy. I PDF'd the Cart on Monday with a purchase price of $1024.99 and walked into BB today with no-hassle at all. Sure glad that I did, since I checked EPP again today (just to be safe) and the site is pushing to a Store Locator option instead of an actual cart with a price.

Also, I'm a Premier Silver RZ member, and I got Double Points for a Wednesday Purchase, $25 GC for using my CC before the end of the year, and another 5% back in RZ for using Standard Financing. All in all, should more than cover my local sales tax. Will probably utilize their 'free TV calibration' service from Geek Squad and one day get 'AccuCal-Jeff' to come out and calibrate the whole she-bang.

Special thanks to AVSForum, thanks for everybody here that contributed as you saved me hundreds of dollars.

#670 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22695428

No I don't. Their revenues have declined 3 years in a row, insiders sold 2 million shares this year. They're in big trouble if they don't do something. Thus the new policy of price matching.

Though they have not really improved, their revenue has not declined. Impressive, considering the economy, if you ask me. The same can't be said for MANY CE retailers. I'm not saying everything is great, but I think people are coming down pretty hard on some small details, without looking hard at the financials.

Period Ending Mar 3, 2012 Feb 26, 2011 Feb 27, 2010

Total Revenue 50,705,000 49,747,000 49,243,000

#671 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffp711  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22695756

I as well took advantage of the Panasonic EPP pricing for the TC-P55ST50 at Best Buy. I PDF'd the Cart on Monday with a purchase price of $1024.99 and walked into BB today with no-hassle at all. Sure glad that I did, since I checked EPP again today (just to be safe) and the site is pushing to a Store Locator option instead of an actual cart with a price
Well, that's kind of disappointing. I assumed I'd be able to wait until CES and still have no trouble finding a good price on a 55" ST50. Maybe they will get more in. I did a price history search on the ST30s, and it looked like the 55" ST30s reached their lowest prices (~$900) between late December and mid February, so I was really hoping that the ST50s would be dropping in price soon. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy now or wait one more year to upgrade.

#672 ·
I got mine at a local place that only sells open box TVs for $500, black Friday sale. Actually found them the week after but luckily they still had the sale going on. Got the 55st50, only one they had. The 50st50 was on sale for $499 but the salesman I talked told me he noticed the 55 was the same price as the boss might have marked it thinking it was a 50 inch so I got a sweet deal. Only had about 140 hours from being on display in the store. Also came with a free 1 year in home warranty as they are an authorized repair center for lots of brands. Their regular prices weren't bad ethier I think the 50st50 went for around $700. Very no frills place, one side is TVs the other side is heavy equipment for sale lol, but great prices. Very happy with the purchase as I had gotten the lg50pa5500 the week before from best buy for the same price, wanted the st50 but was out of my price range but luckily scored this deal. If any one in the ri area is interested pm and I will send you the info for the store, that deal is prob dead but who knows, the guy told me he did not know when it would end as the sale was going so well the boss kept extending it. They also have 90 day layaway. The only thing is all the TVs are open box, but not used or refurbished he told me. All the accessories came new in their packaging so I took his word on that. They had about 3 50st50s when I was there. Also a lot of led TVs.

#673 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonhern  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22697311

I got mine at a local place that only sells open box TVs for $500, black Friday sale. Actually found them the week after but luckily they still had the sale going on. Got the 55st50, only one they had. The 50st50 was on sale for $499 but the salesman I talked told me he noticed the 55 was the same price as the boss might have marked it thinking it was a 50 inch so I got a sweet deal. Only had about 140 hours from being on display in the store. Also came with a free 1 year in home warranty as they are an authorized repair center for lots of brands. Their regular prices weren't bad ethier I think the 50st50 went for around $700. Very no frills place, one side is TVs the other side is heavy equipment for sale lol, but great prices. Very happy with the purchase as I had gotten the lg50pa5500 the week before from best buy for the same price, wanted the st50 but was out of my price range but luckily scored this deal. If any one in the ri area is interested pm and I will send you the info for the store, that deal is prob dead but who knows, the guy told me he did not know when it would end as the sale was going so well the boss kept extending it. They also have 90 day layaway. The only thing is all the TVs are open box, but not used or refurbished he told me. All the accessories came new in their packaging so I took his word on that. They had about 3 50st50s when I was there. Also a lot of led TVs.

If a place only sells "open box", wouldn't that mean they are used? I mean, where do they get their TV's? I would follow up with Panasonic to make sure you will have warranty coverage.

#674 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22698488

If a place only sells "open box", wouldn't that mean they are used? I mean, where do they get their TV's? I would follow up with Panasonic to make sure you will have warranty coverage.
They provide a free one year warranty, parts and labor with every TV. So Panasonic covering it was not an issue for me. And squaretrade said it would qualify for their coverage so will buy an extended warranty from them soon.

#675 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonhern  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22698566

They provide a free one year warranty, parts and labor with every TV. So Panasonic covering it was not an issue for me. And squaretrade said it would qualify for their coverage so will buy an extended warranty from them soon.

Did they mention where they get their inventory from?

#676 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1406945/panasonic-st50-deals/660#post_22698833

Did they mention where they get their inventory from?
nope, but like i said there is nothing wrong with mine, and for less than what you will find on craigslist for lesser tvs, again that was their black Friday sale, but still cheaper than amazon for their regular prices. They also charge sales tax and are a registered business here in the state, so they are legit. The last tv i got was an lg 47" lcd tv, the first one that had Netflix built in, that i got this summer for $300 off craigslist which i sold to my brother after i bought this one, so i have no problem buying things without the manufacturer warranty if its a good deal, others might not. But what really sealed the deal for me was the one year warranty they provide with the tv.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.