Panasonic ST50 Deals - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 855 Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wanted to post my experience buying with pauls. i got my tv in the end but it was not all rosey. i got in on the 1260$ price for the 55. i had some problems with my credit card on the website so i called and got a super enthusiastic rep named John. Made the whole process very smooth and did not try to hard sell me on anything. He sent me a personal email with the details after and said if i need anything to contact him. at this point i was very happy with my decision to order from them.

a few days later the price dropped to 1250 so i sent him a quick email and got a pretty quick response saying no problem! additionally, my original shipping confirmation said delivery in 3-5 days. i waited and waited and saw nothing. in the end, it took 11 business days for the tv to get to me. in the mean time i wasn't credited the 10$ i was promised. another email asking about the delivery and the credit and the response i got said "ill look into the delivery". he also applied the 10$ credit after i mentioned it in the followup without saying anything.

i had purposely set aside 3 business days off of work (being delivery business days 5-8) thinking i had it lined up perfectly. well i waited and waited and nothing. I called the shipping company and while the holding advertisement bragged about flexible delivery on saturdays, i was given a big flat no when i asked. finally when delivery day came around, i begged my friend who was visiting for vacation to stay at my house on her last day "between 12 and 5". i called up and asked if they could do anything about they delivery time and they said no no, its actually 10-2. well ok. so my friend waited. and waited. nothing. i called back and asked and they said "its 12-5" even though they plainly said 10-2 the day before. i asked if they could deliver it after 5 because of the mess up and because i was at work...they said no. so i painfully snuck out of work early to rush home and get back by 4:30 just for the hope that i would be the last delivery. on my drive back at 4:15 i get a phone call and they tell me that they forgot my tv at the terminal and that it won't be delivered until 6:30 - 7:30. this was infuriating because i had just finished begging them to deliver after 5 on top of everything else.

now you can blame the shipping company, but when i talked to pauls tv first about taking twice as long for the delivery and then again to explain to them what happened on delivery day, i got no response. "John" conveniently started to ignore my emails and i havent heard anything.

so if you want to take advantage of the great price like i did, hope that you don't have AIT delivering and that you dont have to talk to pauls about anything unpleasant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Thanks for your detailed experience with Pauls, AlteZza2k2. There's a great site that rates resellers and they have a section specifically for PaulsTV (which isn't doing so hot at 5.8/10): http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Pauls_TV you should post your experiences there as well and see if/how they respond.

I read their ratings there before ordering and seeing such a BAD status I was going to forget about ordering from them and use Amazon instead. But I saw there were happy people using PaulsTV in this thread and if you actually read some of the negatives you'll see that reps from Pauls do try to fix the problem. So I'm giving them a try.

One thing I've noticed for sure though, if you need something done or have a question, do NOT rely on email or a callback! Keep calling them back to talk to your rep. And if you can't get through to the rep, have your order number ready and get help from someone else!
post #183 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 AM

Well, I just had to call them back because I was supposed to get a $30 credit back yesterday but on checking my account they never processed it. I just spoke to a rep named John (not my original rep, who was David) who said he was going to look into it and either he or David would call me back (I'm not holding my breath). I'll wait a couple of hours and then call again.
post #184 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Early on in this post people were discussing Panasonic EPP. I discovered today that my company happens to participate in this program, so I signed up (with some effort to figure out how to link my EPP account to the shop.panasonic.com website) and found that the 55" ST50 is $1174.99 with free shipping (plus tax) and the 50" ST50 is $999 with free shipping (plus tax). FYI
post #185 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM

Nice, I have access to EPP as well...It was $1,299 (+tax, free shipping) just yesterday!!
post #186 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrbradley View Post

Early on in this post people were discussing Panasonic EPP. I discovered today that my company happens to participate in this program, so I signed up (with some effort to figure out how to link my EPP account to the shop.panasonic.com website) and found that the 55" ST50 is $1174.99 with free shipping (plus tax) and the 50" ST50 is $999 with free shipping (plus tax). FYI

Thanks for the info . . . Went online to check my eligibility @ https://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vEppDiscountEligibilityCheck?krypto=UzJz8ffd6MTgxR61zzR3Zqt%2FTF1YIZ3jQUoVwg4r%2FVTLmQsCpXzc6f9i7CdwSDXSklKEKktEpZjR%0A9sJbPN5qQg%3D%3D . . . Darn! My company does not participate and the 50" is at $999 with EPP Panasonic . . . The price point I am waiting on! Oh, well, you are going to help a lot of people with your post. Thanks!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #187 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM

So I gave them 4 hours, no callback. So I call them and finally get in contact with the original rep and was told that indeed my charge-back was processed on 7/18 at about 8:18pm (checking my bank account online confirms that no such credit was received), but he told me it can take a couple/few days for their system to process it all the way through. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and check back on Monday.
post #188 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post

So I gave them 4 hours, no callback. So I call them and finally get in contact with the original rep and was told that indeed my charge-back was processed on 7/18 at about 8:18pm (checking my bank account online confirms that no such credit was received), but he told me it can take a couple/few days for their system to process it all the way through. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and check back on Monday.

As a banker myself, I would give it until at least Tuesday for it to show back on your account. Refunds/credits take time. Then again you may see it tomorrow if it goes on Friday's night processing.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
post #189 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Thanks for the info . . . Went online to check my eligibility @ https://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vEppDiscountEligibilityCheck?krypto=UzJz8ffd6MTgxR61zzR3Zqt%2FTF1YIZ3jQUoVwg4r%2FVTLmQsCpXzc6f9i7CdwSDXSklKEKktEpZjR%0A9sJbPN5qQg%3D%3D . . . Darn! My company does not participate and the 50" is at $999 with EPP Panasonic . . . The price point I am waiting on! Oh, well, you are going to help a lot of people with your post. Thanks!

Thanks for the link, I just checked and I'm eligible. Now I just have to wait till I go back to work on Monday to check my email for how to sign up. I'm hoping I can get a 65" GT or ST model.
post #190 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJayB View Post

Thanks for the link, I just checked and I'm eligible. Now I just have to wait till I go back to work on Monday to check my email for how to sign up. I'm hoping I can get a 65" GT or ST model.
. Awesome, CJayB! I am just as happy when a forum member gets a great deal as I am for myself! The average American household buys a tv set every 7 years and has 2.8 TVs. (Just stalling and killing time by adding useless information to rhis thread while waiting for a $999 deal on a 50ST50 for a non-EPP qualified purchaser like me.). wink.gif

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #191 of 855 Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
i saw that the 500$ off ends saturday. Does that mean we can still get the deal ON saturday or does it end Friday at midnight?

thanks
post #192 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJayB View Post

65" st50 looks to be $2150 currently.
65" gt50 is currently $2475
So, not the best deals right now on the 65" models

For me, it was really confusing how to get signed up. They sent me a temporary password and a link, but the link redirected to shop.panasonic.com and the temporary password didn't work, nor did my email address. Eventually I found an EPP website to put in my temporary password and then I changed it, but it still wouldn't work on shop.panasonic.com. Finally I called and they said to click on the banner that says workplace discounts and create a new account using the same work email address. I did that and logged in and the discounts automatically showed up for me. I'm not sure the original sign up was even necessary.
post #193 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 AM

Now I could use some advice. I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, so if I need to move it, let me know, but I am wanting a new 55" HDTV for my family room and until very recently, I thought for sure it would be an LG LED LCD 3D tv, but so many people have said that this Panasonic ST50 is way better in terms of picture quality. Here is my concern - brightness. The room has a sliding glass door and connects to the kitchen with 4 windows. My wife likes natural light, so it can get bright in there. The kids like to play the wii during the day. Will this tv be bright enough for my room? I am used to our 46" Samsung LCD tv, so this is my biggest concern.

I stopped by Best Buy to look at this tv and it was next to a Samsung LCD and the difference in brightness is quite noticeable. I asked the salesperson if the settings were modified at all and she said no, that was the default settings, so it might get a little brighter, but how can I know how much brighter?

Now I don't know what to do. Any advice?
post #194 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:

65" st50 looks to be $2150 currently.
65" gt50 is currently $2475
So, not the best deals right now on the 65" models
For me, it was really confusing how to get signed up. They sent me a temporary password and a link, but the link redirected to shop.panasonic.com and the temporary password didn't work, nor did my email address. Eventually I found an EPP website to put in my temporary password and then I changed it, but it still wouldn't work on shop.panasonic.com. Finally I called and they said to click on the banner that says workplace discounts and create a new account using the same work email address. I did that and logged in and the discounts automatically showed up for me. I'm not sure the original sign up was even necessary.

Just posted on Slickdeals

Panasonic Plasma (ST50 series) on sale PaulsTV Free Shipping
I have been shopping for a Panasonic Plasma for a while now, and I didn't want to wait 10 days for the Panasonic EPP deal. This is matching a PaulsTV deal from a month ago, but I think by far that is the lowest price I have seen on the 65 in.

http://www.paulstv.com/Plasma-Tel...60ST50.asp : $1499.99 with free shipping

http://www.paulstv.com/Plasma-Tel...65ST50.asp : $1999.99 with free shipping

http://www.paulstv.com/Plasma-Tel...55ST50.asp : $1249.99 with free shipping

http://www.paulstv.com/Plasma-Tel...50ST50.asp : $999.99 with free shipping
post #195 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
nice! but the 65" ST50 is 1997$ at US Appliance once you enter your credit card info

post #196 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Now I could use some advice. I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, so if I need to move it, let me know, but I am wanting a new 55" HDTV for my family room and until very recently, I thought for sure it would be an LG LED LCD 3D tv, but so many people have said that this Panasonic ST50 is way better in terms of picture quality. Here is my concern - brightness. The room has a sliding glass door and connects to the kitchen with 4 windows. My wife likes natural light, so it can get bright in there. The kids like to play the wii during the day. Will this tv be bright enough for my room? I am used to our 46" Samsung LCD tv, so this is my biggest concern.
I stopped by Best Buy to look at this tv and it was next to a Samsung LCD and the difference in brightness is quite noticeable. I asked the salesperson if the settings were modified at all and she said no, that was the default settings, so it might get a little brighter, but how can I know how much brighter?
Now I don't know what to do. Any advice?

To get in depth advice, best to post this on the official ST50 thread, not the price thread. But for quick advice, the ST50, from what I hear, as a filter for daylight use. Check the official thread. As well, if you buy from Amazon and do not like it, you can send it back within thirty days. Not the best use of the return policy, but an emergency backup plan if it did turn into a major disappointment for you. Plasmas are not for everybody . . . An are at their optimum in a darkened room. If I was fighting full daylight for mprimary viewing hours, I would probably go LCD. Again, run over to the official **ST50 thread and ask there and you will get the best advice . . . This is a price alert thread. All the best in your decision.
mnrbradley likes this.

post #197 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy3 View Post

I have been shopping for a Panasonic Plasma for a while now, and I didn't want to wait 10 days for the Panasonic EPP deal. This is matching a PaulsTV deal from a month ago, but I think by far that is the lowest price I have seen on the 65 in.

Thanks Chiefy3 . . . Just jumped on the $999.99 50St50 . . . Amazon price matched with Paul's, but added the "White Glove" bogus delivery charge . . . Had two TVs delivered at Christmas (one was a replacement) by an Amazon shipper: Pilot. Worst delivery experiences of my life . . . 2 different times Pilot took an extra 7 days to deliver even though the tv was sitting in their warehouse here in town, sent out 1 guy with no dolly to deliver a 65" Panny and go up 10 stairs . . . So I had to help or wait another week. Neither delivery guy would wait for me to plug the tv in to check if it was working. Amazon's "White Glove" up charge is a sham. But, Amazon has the best return policy out there, and fastest when you have a problem. My first tv arrived with dead pixels. Amazon replaced it immediately shipping a replacement without waiting for the bad tv to get back to them and get processed . . . Did not even have to pay a second time and get reimbursed later on credit card. If you get a working set the first time from Paul's instead of Amazon, you saved yourself $100. But if not, with Paul's, you just bought $300 of headaches;"Paul's is almost always a hassle to return . . . And, you better be,ready to carry the TV into your house, especially,if you have stairs. If you have a problem with your new set, with Paul's you have to call Panny first, fight an interpretation of dead pixels with Panny and Paul's who have their own definitions of what is acceptable, fight about screen scratches, etc., etc, etc. with Paul's, if you just don't like the pic, well, there's the 15% restock and sometimes return shipping charges, not to mention the delay getting yur 85% back. So, for me, on the price match, Amazon's sham "White Glove" delivery charge is worth it only if there is a problem . . . And sometimes, with mass manufacturing there can be a problem. On a $999.99 tv, the sham $100 white glove charge of $100 is 10% additional charge. On a $1999.99, it is only 5% additional charge. Because I had trouble at Christmas, Amazon dropped $50 off the delivery charge this time (by giving me a $50 promotion) since reps are not allowed to play with the price match or sham white glove delivery charge. That $50 is big piece of mind for me this time if I have a block of dead pixels again. Just hard to beat Amazon when you ever have a problem . . . They do not mess around, they just fix the situation immediately. Is that worth $100 to you when you buy a major electronics item? (oh, an no taxes in my state with Amazon.). So, don't think you are paying for better delivery service with Amazon's $100 white glove required shipping charge than with Paul's free delivery. But do know, for $100 you might get lucky and get better delivery service from Amazon, but maybe not (Paul's and Amazon often use the same local delivery companies), but you are getting a massively better no hassle return if needed policy with Amazon.

post #198 of 855 Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to visit my local Pauls Sunday and get the 65ST50. I've been thinking about it long enough and I doubt there's going to be any major further price drops on this until at least Black Friday. The GT is still $400 more and though it has a couple features I like, I don't think they are worth more than $200 to $250. The ST is now 33% off retail, but only about 27% off retail on the GT. I might even get a little in trade for my still like new Mitsubishi WD-65732 as Paul's is saying they give up to $500 for tradeins this weekend. The only problem now is getting a media console to go under the ST that both my wife and I can agree on. I'm going to wall mount.
post #199 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 AM

I see Amazon has the 55ST50 for $1299. This is the lowest price I've seen from them for the 55".
post #200 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 06:41 AM

Liked: 13
Yes, Best Buy has it (55ST50) advertised in their new Sunday Flyer for $1299.99. Lowest I've seen as well. Finally.
post #201 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Best buy just matched Paul's tv price of 1999$ for the 65" ST50. Had to pay taxes but I got a $150 rebate for signing up for direct tv
post #202 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
just ordered the 65" from Tiger Direct for $1999 Used fatwallet and got 6% off so $1880 shipped is pretty damned good. Wife gonna murder me but 18 months to pay it off no interest

smile.gif
post #203 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Best Buy just reduced price on 55ST50 by $250.

post #204 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

I picked up my 60ST50 for 1596.00 shipped from the Big A last week. Pretty happy with the price. Especially after picking up the BDT500 for $255. cool.gif

"You know Andy....I never thought our town would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger.

Barney Fife
post #205 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

I just bought the 65ST50 at Paul's. $1,999.99, couldn't get them to come down on the price though with my tradein. My wife and I found a 65" media console at Pottery Barn this morning we could both agree on, though at $935 on sale it's still over $400 more than I was planning on spending and I'll probably have to use a saw to increase the size of the small rear cutouts for cords, but it sure looks nice, better than anything we looked at at Paul's and a few other places.

I ordered 2 pairs of the Panasonic 3D glasses online; Amazon just lowered the price to $48.20, though the price changes nearly every day. I'll also get a couple pairs of the much less expensive Samsung glasses for company.

Now the wait for delivery and installation, as I won't be available for that until July 31st and then I'll be doing the slides for another 4 days, ending near the time my vacation's over.

I also see that Amazon has lowered the price of the 65ST50 today back to $2,099.99.
post #206 of 855 Old 07-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

just ordered the 65" from Tiger Direct for $1999 Used fatwallet and got 6% off so $1880 shipped is pretty damned good. Wife gonna murder me but 18 months to pay it off no interest
smile.gif

Sweet. Getting closer and closer to $1800 price point for the 65 inch. I'm still wondering if we'll see any bundle deals with the panasonic BD-T220 blu ray player for $2000 out the door anytime soon. If it happens- I'm jumping on it and if I could squeeze in 2 3d glasses as well as a couple of 3D BDs for that price point even better biggrin.gif

Let us know how everything works out with your order from TigerDirect once you receive your set.
post #207 of 855 Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

As a banker myself, I would give it until at least Tuesday for it to show back on your account. Refunds/credits take time. Then again you may see it tomorrow if it goes on Friday's night processing.

Thanks for that. It just seems so "shifty" that charges go in IMMEDIATELY, but refunds/credits can take multiple business days.

Quote:

SWEET!! Thanks for that heads-up, I just called back PaulsTV and will be getting another credit of $50 for the price adjustment on the 55".
post #208 of 855 Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM

Panasonic EPP is down to $1074.99 with free shipping on the 55" ST50 now. Tax in my state though.
post #209 of 855 Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
How is the return policy when ordering from Panasonic directly? I know the Big A is good about getting returns but would like to hear others comment on their experience purchasing with Panasonic through their EPP and if you had issues how difficult was it to get a replacement if I happen to get one with a dead pixel. I am going to be upgrading from a Samsung LCD 46" to either the 50" or 55" ST50.
post #210 of 855 Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Pulled the trigger on the TC-P50ST50 last night from Paulstv for $999. Ships today!

biggrin.gif

- Matt
Panny 42" G10
Onkyo TX-SR605
PS3 60Gb
Axiom M3 v2
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page