AVS Forum banner

Panasonic ST50 Deals

103K views 854 replies 280 participants last post by  CruelInventions 
#1 ·
I see amazon has TC-P65ST50 listed for $2999.95. Do you guys think this price will come down?

#10 ·
Panasonic Employee Pricing Program (EPP). Like discounted theme park tickets, Pre-paid legal services and the like, this pricing program has been rolled out to many large corporations as a benefit they can offer their own employees. Probably a good idea to check with your employer as the discounts and benefits of direct purchase from Panasonic are hard to beat.

#12 ·
does anyone know if you can get amazon to pricematch tigerdirect.com if the sale price requires a coupon code? you can get the 55st50 for $1399 with free shipping (using a $150 coupon code) at tigerdirect right now, but i'd rather deal with amazon for their return policy and better shipping.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /forum/post/21953968

does anyone know if you can get amazon to pricematch tigerdirect.com if the sale price requires a coupon code? you can get the 55st50 for $1399 with free shipping (using a $150 coupon code) at tigerdirect right now, but i'd rather deal with amazon for their return policy and better shipping.

I've heard you can take a screen shot of the tiger direct shopping cart after applying the discount code (before submitting the order) and amazon will match.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_R /forum/post/21955057

I've heard you can take a screen shot of the tiger direct shopping cart after applying the discount code (before submitting the order) and amazon will match.

Amazon has a person actually try to physically duplicate the deal online before they will match. They don't match one day special sales. They may do discount codes if they can duplicate it, I don't know...

#17 ·
At that price point, I would really look at the 65 GT30 for under $1900 vs. the ST50. Really after looking at this ST50 in person, I would take last years GT30 at the price I just posted. IMO of course. (I use to be a 54VT25 owner before going big screen)

#20 ·
@scrappler Thanks for the link. I was on the fence about the Amazon price, and the 10% store credit was enough to push me over. I called Amazon and tried to see if I could get them to "price match" by giving me a $243 gift card and they wouldn't, so I just bought it from Buy.com.

Anyone with experience with Buy.com TV purchases? I went with the "Budget shipping 5-8 days" option. Are they going to call me to arrange delivery? How does that work? Also, any recommendations for 3D glasses?

#21 ·
I just got a 55ST50 from Best Buy tonight. I basically told them I was going to buy the tv today either at Amazon or Best Buy. I explained the main difference being the lack of sales tax (which is 9% where I live) when purchasing from Amazon. The prices were basically identical at the two vendors.

After a little haggling, with the sales guy going to whisper to the manager a few times, I walked out with the 55ST50 for $1400+tax. It ended up being cheaper overall than Amazon, and I got the tv today. I consider this a win.

The tv is now peacefully running D-Nice's slides in the basement. These are going to be a long couple of days. At the end of it, I will simply be glad to be free of any nagging feeling that the picture could have been a little better.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /forum/post/21969559

I just got a 55ST50 from Best Buy tonight. I basically told them I was going to buy the tv today either at Amazon or Best Buy. I explained the main difference being the lack of sales tax (which is 9% where I live) when purchasing from Amazon. The prices were basically identical at the two vendors.

After a little haggling, with the sales guy going to whisper to the manager a few times, I walked out with the 55ST50 for $1400+tax. It ended up being cheaper overall than Amazon, and I got the tv today. I consider this a win.

The tv is now peacefully running D-Nice's slides in the basement. These are going to be a long couple of days. At the end of it, I will simply be glad to be free of any nagging feeling that the picture could have been a little better.

As D-Nice's posted settings are not intended to take the place of a professional calibration, but rather give you a better picture than the default OOB settings, along with panel variations, a pro calibration can give you a better picture.

#24 ·
A website called PC Games & Electronics is advertising the 50-inch ST50 for $1012 - plus free shipping - which is $217 less than Amazon: http://pcgamesi.com/panasonic-viera-...plasma-tv.html

I called Amazon about matching that price, but they said no because that is not one of their "approved" websites.

Is anyone familiar with this website/company? Are they reputable?

Any advice on getting the price match from Amazon? I would rather deal with Amazon, but $200 is hard to pass up.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkj /forum/post/21983784

A website called PC Games & Electronics is advertising the 50-inch ST50 for $1012 - plus free shipping - which is $217 less than Amazon: ....

I called Amazon about matching that price, but they said no because that is not one of their "approved" websites.

Is anyone familiar with this website/company? Are they reputable?

Any advice on getting the price match from Amazon? I would rather deal with Amazon, but $200 is hard to pass up.

Never heard of them - but then there are a LOT of internet retailers floating around.

Suggest at least getting an address & try to find BBB reports, OR Some Positive Feedback.

If they are not on Amazon's approved list, Amazon won't price match. That list IS available on the Amazon web site.

From PC Games website: Returns & Replacements
Quote:
Please note that our return policy is essentially a 15 day money back guarantee. Where, if you return the item in the same condition in which it left, within 15 days time, we will grant you a full refund of the purchase price. If the item has been damaged by the shipment carrier, we can put in a claims request for you to retrieve the lost damage value of the item. If you have damaged the item, we suggest you look into the warranty, if included, with the item to obtain a replacement or fix. In some cases, there maybe a 10% restocking fee applied

15 days return period? And guess who will have to pay for the return?

If Damaged in Shipment they will HELP YOU FILE A CLAIM WITH THE SHIPPER?!?!?!

A possible 10% restocking fee - with no conditions stated other than their discretion?

Thanks, but No Thanks!

For peace of mind alone, the Amazon price is a better deal. And Amazon's Return / Exchange policy is Excellent: we sent TWO (defective) 60" 2011 Pan plasmas back to them - without hassle, OR any charges....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.