50gt30 return -how much should i pay? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi guys,

i found an open box return - the panasonic 50gt30 at a local tv shop. inside one of the HDMI ports doesnt work, and the remote is missing. they are asking $750 w full 1 yr warranty and some logitech universal remote thrown in. Im gonna try to negotiate this price. the reviews seem excellent for this tv, and i saw the panel was made in october 2011 if that means anything. has anyone heard bad things about this timeline of the model? does anyone have one? What do you think its worth? i know they were $1900 when they first came out, yes?

any insight on how to negotiate would be great.....i assume the thx on this tv helps for easier calibration? thamks..........BTW i was thinking $500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Presume that you have been able to examine the set - for obvious external damage (scratches, dents...), some of which may not bother you, but could indicate Rough Usage - and that they have also demonstrated that the panel does, indeed, WORK - ??

Would ensure that the other input options work; look of signs of IR / Burn-in, as well as other picture flaws: Green Blobs? Green Tint? Pink Tint? Numerous stuck pixels?

It was returned for SOME reason. If you are lucky, it was simply for the HDMI port...
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
true enough..........just found out someone else beat me too it. maybe i should wait for the st50s to lower in price.........thx for your tips though
post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM

Liked: 12
I would just wait until you can afford something from this year. Yes, they are that much better than last year's.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page