Panasonic 60ST50-$1499 and 55ST50-$1299 at PaulsTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tarzan1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PaulsTV (dot) com is selling Panasonic 60ST50 for $1499, free shipping.

This is a good seller and their price is eligible for Amazon's price matching if someone wants to call Amazon to get the same price.

Additional info: They also have the 55" version for $1299

tarzan1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Member
 
SleepyBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wholly price drops, Batman!

Happy to see the prices slowly getting closer to my price range. Think there's a Paul's TV showroom close by, so drop in to take a look at the sets in person.
SleepyBum is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Newbie
 
otheronenorehto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon will not match 1499 because white glove delivery from paul's is $100 and every purchase from amazon over 47 is mandatory "white glove" at least that is the story I got.
otheronenorehto is offline  
post #4 of 20 Old 05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Member
 
Krizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually it is more than just 60ST50 and 55ST50. They are offering deals on pretty much every Panasonic TV they offer if you add it to cart. Hopefully my 60ST50 that I ordered from Amazon can be priced match yet again since I paid $1650 for it. Here is a list of all the TV and prices from Pauls TV:

TCP42UT50 = $699.99
TCP50UT50 = $899.99
TCP50ST50 = $1099.99
TCP55ST50 = $1299.99
TCP60ST50 = $1499.99
TCP50GT50 = $1299.99
TCP55GT50 = $1499.99
TCP60GT50 = $1899.99
Krizak is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Partyslammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizak View Post

Actually it is more than just 60ST50 and 55ST50. They are offering deals on pretty much every Panasonic TV they offer if you add it to cart. Hopefully my 60ST50 that I ordered from Amazon can be priced match yet again since I paid $1650 for it. Here is a list of all the TV and prices from Pauls TV:

TCP42UT50 = $699.99
TCP50UT50 = $899.99
TCP50ST50 = $1099.99
TCP55ST50 = $1299.99
TCP60ST50 = $1499.99
TCP50GT50 = $1299.99
TCP55GT50 = $1499.99
TCP60GT50 = $1899.99

Wow, those are great prices on the GT series. A bit OT, but can anyone say how Pauls customer service and extended warranty compares with Best Buys?
Partyslammer is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bhazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 2,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

Wow, those are great prices on the GT series. A bit OT, but can anyone say how Pauls customer service and extended warranty compares with Best Buys?

Just pay with a credit card. Most like American Express or Mastercard give you a free extra year of warranty coverage through them. Extended warranties are a waste most of the time.
bhazard is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 05-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Member
 
CherokeeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dark Side of Blue Ridge Mtns
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheronenorehto View Post

Amazon will not match 1499 because white glove delivery from paul's is $100 and every purchase from amazon over 47 is mandatory "white glove" at least that is the story I got.

They will match it but add the 100.00 white glove fee.
Still saved me 140.00 on my 55".
CherokeeMan is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
KidHorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Derwood, Maryland
Posts: 2,785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 178
argh. I just paid $1700 for mine.
KidHorn is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Krizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheronenorehto View Post

Amazon will not match 1499 because white glove delivery from paul's is $100 and every purchase from amazon over 47 is mandatory "white glove" at least that is the story I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeMan View Post

They will match it but add the 100.00 white glove fee.
Still saved me 140.00 on my 55".

Are you an Amazon Prime member? I made a point when talking to the Amazon rep for price matching that I am a Prime Member and they didn't charge me for delivery (YMMV).
Krizak is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Member
 
dmbmay98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon just matched the 60gt50 for me. They had no issue matching the price and did not add the $100 white glove delivery fee.
dmbmay98 is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Member
 
roughdraft_zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbmay98 View Post

Amazon just matched the 60gt50 for me. They had no issue matching the price and did not add the $100 white glove delivery fee.

Do you remember who you talked to? Did you have to get testy/shouty/"I'm gonna take my business elsewhere" at all? I e-mailed the request and they included the $100 enhanced shipping fee. I then called this morning and clarified that I didn't want the white glove delivery and she said very sternly and bluntly that it's included automatically and it can't be taken off.
roughdraft_zero is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Member
 
drewcwsj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered the 60ST50 from Pauls for 1499 shipping included! Definitely the deal I was looking for. Amazon isn't an option for me as I'm in WA and they charge 9% sales tax.....Does anyone know what free shipping from Pauls is like?
drewcwsj is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Member
 
dmbmay98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughdraft_zero View Post

Do you remember who you talked to? Did you have to get testy/shouty/"I'm gonna take my business elsewhere" at all? I e-mailed the request and they included the $100 enhanced shipping fee. I then called this morning and clarified that I didn't want the white glove delivery and she said very sternly and bluntly that it's included automatically and it can't be taken off.

I do not remember who specifically. They did not even mention the $100 extra fee. I kind of played dumb but it sounded like she knew about the st deal since she asked about that at first. I then said I wanted the 60gt50 and I thought it was 1899. She looked it up, confirmed that they could match it and I ordered. I would keep calling to get someone who will do it. Don't even mention the fee unless they bring it up.
dmbmay98 is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
deathrattlehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just tried calling Amazon, the rep said he would transfer me to the large items dept., to which I got a recording saying they weren't there. I guess they aren't 24 hours. Hopefully the deal is going on tomorrow because it would be screwed up if I couldn't get a price match because they weren't there when I called.
deathrattlehead is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 05-26-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jonnythan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattlehead View Post

I just tried calling Amazon, the rep said he would transfer me to the large items dept., to which I got a recording saying they weren't there. I guess they aren't 24 hours. Hopefully the deal is going on tomorrow because it would be screwed up if I couldn't get a price match because they weren't there when I called.

I opened an online chat last night. The guy I chatted with said he would send an email to the TV Low Price team for me. I got an email early this afternoon saying that they were crediting $100 back to my Visa.
jonnythan is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 05-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Member
 
roughdraft_zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon just dropped the 60GT50 to $1999.99. Works out cheaper than Paulstv.com's $1899.99 if you live in a state where Pauls charges sales tax but Amazon doesn't, and of course you could also try to price-match and you might get lucky. I made the order for the 60GT50, but haven't yet submitted the price-match request. I'm 0 for 2 so far in my attempts though haha so I'm not holding my breath.
roughdraft_zero is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
bbm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Black Forest, CO
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughdraft_zero View Post

Amazon just dropped the 60GT50 to $1999.99. Works out cheaper than Paulstv.com's $1899.99 if you live in a state where Pauls charges sales tax but Amazon doesn't, and of course you could also try to price-match and you might get lucky. I made the order for the 60GT50, but haven't yet submitted the price-match request. I'm 0 for 2 so far in my attempts though haha so I'm not holding my breath.

I decided to forego the price matching roulette wheel and ordered a 60ST50 from a local Paul's TV store for 1499 + tax. Yes I paid $100 sales tax. It is still a great deal in my opinion and I don't have to take a day off to be home waiting for delivery. I will pick it up at the store tomorrow.
bbm3 is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Newbie
 
jroca81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Go with Paul's if possible. I researched some Panasonic TV's on cnet.com yesterday. At the bottom of the second page of the reviews were prices and links to websites selling the reviewed TV for competitive pricing. Paul's was one of these. When you click on the link to Paul's, you are brought to a promotional page that not only has bundles such as free blu ray and 3d glasses, but also a gift card to Restaurant.com, freed delivery, NO sales tax, and a FREE yes FREE two year warranty with the shown promotional code. I went to the Paul's TV down the road and asked if they could honor this offer in the store and they said yes. I opened a credit card good for 6 months no interest on top of that.



Now if I can only remember the salesman's name that forgot to give me my gift card...
jroca81 is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Filipinoyakuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Is there a specific link for these prices listed on this thread and how up to date are they?

I checked and the 50" GT50 price is showing up in the cart as $1448 today.
Filipinoyakuza is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Newbie
 
jroca81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50gt50/4014-6482_7-35123233.html for your TV. I can't promise that the Paul's deal for yours is as good as mine, but not exactly apples to apples either.
jroca81 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off