AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

What the...hmmm

Edit-stopped by a couple stores. The first was terrible, mainly due to customer service. Went to the 2nd and finally got some help. You can't search inventory online for this model. And they can't search for it in store either. The manager called four other stores nearby and said they didn't have any either. She explained they only kept one due to the shear size, lack of storage and shelf space...not to mention it is a 2012 model. (Actually their shelves were fairly empty. Said they were in between model years)

She suggested I call 1-800-Walmart or something and see if they can track down one close by or in a warehouse somewhere.

I would lean towards this model at $400 because for me all the 2013 Pannys seem not have all the features I want for the price I want. I am concerned about lag as well. I figure this 60" at $400 could fit the bill for a year or two.

So I took the manager's advice and called 1-800-Walmart. They had to transfer me to Customer Relations. After she got the 13 digit product number I found on their website, she told me it would be a pretty long wait while she called up Merchandising and had them search for the TC-P60U50. She immediately, I mean immediately came back and told me there were none in my state. She kept telling me sorry, like I had just had my dog or something. It was awkward. It all happened so quick I honestly didn't believe she could have searched or had anybody search that quick. She said there were none in my state. So then I said, what about the two states next to mine which are 30 miles away from me. She said sorry there are none around me...none in the midwest. I was like okay then.

I am a little doubtful that this information is 100% correct. I had already went through a couple hoops and was told that it is very difficult for Walmart to locate items like this for sale. Apparently it is, because I still wasn't told where one is, yet I keep hearing about people buying them from there.

Oh well, no big deal. Guess I will eliminate this TV from my list of options. $400 would have pretty a pretty solid deal though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I think $400 was the open box price. I think $700 is the discontinued model price. I don't think they'd mark down a new-in box set that much. I went to the Walmart again last night that had this one box in a center isle shelf and on the other side of the shelf there was a Samsung 59" PN59D530A3FXZA that was marked down from $1100 to $898. They had 1 plasma on display and it was the Samsung PN60F5300AFX for $948.

Still $700 is $100 less than the LG60PN6500, and if the PQ is superior to the LG, I'd lean towards buying it rather than spending double just for an AR filter (and 5" more diagonal) on the 65S64.
post #63 of 72 Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you find out what it rang up as?
post #64 of 72 Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

No, I assumed scootersticK's NIB means Not In Box. I'm going to Sam's tonight (they have a 3-day weekend special for nonmembers to visit and buy w/o the 10% surcharge) and see if they have a 65S64 on display and in stock and to compare with non-filtered screens. I can stop by the Walmart right next door and ask them to scan the 60S50 to see if it is discounted further.

My 34" Sony XBR800 CRT is still chugging along (a few nights ago it kept turning off, but working fine the last 2 nights), so I'm probably going to wait until it completely dies before making a purchase. I'm just afraid if I wait until that happens the 60S50 will disappear from inventory as it is discontinued 2012 model, and the 60S60 is rather expensive at $1300 and the 65S64 is even more at $1448. If my CRT lasts until Thanksgiving, maybe they'll start discounting the 65S64 by then...
post #65 of 72 Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Walmart's website says the 60U50 price varies by store. I think it is worth a scan if your Walmart has one. Again, I called and they told me there are none in the Midwest. If it comes like that guy said, $400 I doubt there would any time to wait to purchase.
post #66 of 72 Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Liked: 10
Hey Guys. I bought my TV "New in Box" (NIB) for $399 plus TAX. Sealed and un-opened. It was most definately a fluke, as I think they screwed up big-time. The clerk told me that the deal was that day only. I took down my 51" Insignia plasma (Samsung) and hung this Panasonic 60" in it's place.

I seriously do not think they (Wal-Mart) would honor the price I got my TV for again. I almost didn't post the deal I got because I'm pretty sure it was a mistake. If anyone wants to see the receipt. send me a PM. I doubt you can get the same deal.
post #67 of 72 Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I stopped by Walmart on Friday and it had been sold for $700, so there was no additional discount and there were no more and no plans to stock any more since it is a discontinued model. Anyway glare is a big issue in my house as I could see bad reflection from mini-blinds on my 34" Sony XBR800 CRT as late as 7 pm on Saturday, so my only choice looks to be the 65S64. Too bad it is double the price at $1448. Why can't they make an affordable model with an AR filter? $700 just for a filter?? (well slightly larger screen since they don't make an 60S64).
post #68 of 72 Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Well right now the st60 prices are like $600-$700 more just to go from 60" to 65". I wound imagine the s60/s64 is a little bit better pic quality than the u50 as well, but idk.
post #69 of 72 Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Checked my local WalMart and the guy in the electronics section said he sold the last one 2 days earlier. Didn't ask the selling price though.
post #70 of 72 Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootersticK View Post

I purchased this TV yesterday at Wal-Mart for $399 NIB. The model number is P60U50. It had two prices on the box, 798 and $898. The clerk told me the price was $798, which was identical to the 50" model about 20" away. She then came back and told me the TV was on clearance and would be ½ off of whatever it rang up as. I bought it immediately. $399 plus tax came out to be $431. This was the only 60" Panasonic they had.

-Scott
That store may have been told to put all 2012 models on clearance at 50% off the lowest marked price. Great deal on very good TV. But with Walmart, pricing can vary from store to store, even within the same city. You scored big on that one.
post #71 of 72 Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 AM

I ended up getting mine from brandnewdealsusa.com for $799 (no tax, free ship). I was hesitant since there isn't much info out there about this site, but so far so good...good communication, shipment tracking #, etc. I did my research and settled on this particular model, but it was getting harder and harder to find them around.
post #72 of 72 Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBacon View Post

I ended up getting mine from brandnewdealsusa.com for $799 (no tax, free ship). I was hesitant since there isn't much info out there about this site, but so far so good...good communication, shipment tracking #, etc. I did my research and settled on this particular model, but it was getting harder and harder to find them around.

Glad it worked out for you, but I would be cautious about this company. Checking their history on Amazon, it seems they were fairly good up until the last 3 or 4 months. Looks like the may have been original selling new sealed closeout electronics from Sam's and Costco, but as of late have started trying to pass off customer returns as new.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page