Extended warranty from Canadian stores? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2012, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,
I’ll be in the market for a 42-50” plasma (don’t need the wifi and extra features) on black Friday (BF).
With my th-42pz85u failing a day under 4 years, I will definitely be going with the extended warranty.

Here are a few shops I’m considering:

Bestbuy/ Futureshop extended warranty ~ $250, from what I understand, if FS price matches, then your price match guarantee goes out the window

Costco extended warranty $50 if under $1000, $100 if over, no hassle restocking fee

Telecity &Teletime my buddy deals with these guys all the time and will price match and/or beat current prices, but have a %15 restocking fee

Walmart (employees get a %20 discount on BF and add in the %10 employee discount, that’s %30 off!) my inlaw works there  Limited models, but no hassle returns, not sure about extended warranty, though

2001 A/V Not sure about their extended warranty, but their prices seem descent

Your thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks! wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I did buy a best buy warranty yrs ago for my HP DLP and it came in handy.

Even tho I wasnt impressed by the people who came to ffix the TV ....it ended up later
the TV died for good and BB replaced the set ....and were very good about it

Most people dont believe in warranties.....I think it depends on how much a investment you put in.

That all being said .....Im currently waiting for my 50 inch st 50 which I bought at FS...I didnt get their warranty.

Instead....I went to Costco to see if I could buy their warranty even tho I didnt get the TV there. I was told by a manager that talked to the warranty people and they said I could buy their warranty .

Because II havent received my TV yet and I want them to honor the 30 day price match and return policy...I wont buy the warranty till I the 30 days have passed .

So I cant confirm the costco warranty....but thats what they told me ...and for $99 you get 3 yrs....so in the end...its 4 yrs total....not as good if I bought the tv at costco....they add another year ....but they dont have the st50
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page