Panasonic viera 65st50 at US appliance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just got a Panasonic 65st50 at US appliance. I have been pricing this out for a while and called US appliance. Although the price is not listed on their website the rep said that they are having a sale on these units. I picked one up for $2000 ....no tax...no delivery.

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock munis View Post

just got a Panasonic 65st50 at US appliance. I have been pricing this out for a while and called US appliance. Although the price is not listed on their website the rep said that they are having a sale on these units. I picked one up for $2000 ....no tax...no delivery.
good luck

Received the 65st50 a few days ago and finished installing the unit in my media room with wall brackets. Have been watching some movies on it and I am very pleased with the unit and service from US Appliance.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Liked: 12
Do you hear that Buzz some people talk about??

I want to buy the same unit, I looked at the ST, GT & VT, I can't tell the difference!

So won't spend the extra $1,000
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
I have the 55" UT50 and the Buzz is pretty distracting at times. I have an appointment for Panny to send a tech out to check it out on Wednesday. Even though I just got it, the build date is April, so I"m hoping it just needs the newer lock washer screws that Panny apparently switched in during later builds.

It's not a localized buzz from one corner or anything--pretty much equally loud from both corner vents and the center vent. So I'm hoping some boards are just loose and vibrating and all will be well when the screws are replaced/tightened. Otherwise it's clearly audible over dialogue in bright scenes and more than I can tolerate.

If not I'll likely just return it to Amazon. They're sold out of the 55" UT50, and I'm not sure I'd play the panel lottery even if not. I'd like to give the VIERA TC-L55ET5 LED set a try if the buzz isn't reduced.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM

Wow, that is brutal! You woud thing they would check them out before the put em in the box!

The logic of LED is much better, no burn in issues etc.

But the picture just does not look as natural to me.

Please post the results of your Panasonic visit, I'm curious if they fix it or replace it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyHere View Post

Please post the results of your Panasonic visit, I'm curious if they fix it or replace it.

I will. There's a thread about buzzing issues in the main plasma forum area. I'll post it there as it's a bit off topic for this thread.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM

Where in Canada can you get a good deal on the 65 ST50??

The US has some amazing deals, but with shipping and the hassle with the warrenty, it makes it not an option.

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread