Samsung PN59D8000F for 1200+tax? Worth it? or wait till the superbowl? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all found a deal on a Samsun59D8000F. It's an older model and I was wondering if it's a worthwhile buy especially considering the hype about "superbowl deals" coming out. My main thing will be to watch movies (720/1080p)via my laptop and possibly some streaming HD through netflix. Room lighting can be controlled to a large degree but I can't get complete dark during the day I'd say quite dim though.

My budget is $1000 +/- 200 so this just fits. I am looking for pure value out of my set. Wifi streaming from my comp is a must everything else not a big deal. 3D is a novelty that I could live without.

Really appreciate the help

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 06:32 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giatros View Post

Hey all found a deal on a Samsun59D8000F. It's an older model and I was wondering if it's a worthwhile buy especially considering the hype about "superbowl deals" coming out. My main thing will be to watch movies (720/1080p)via my laptop and possibly some streaming HD through netflix. Room lighting can be controlled to a large degree but I can't get complete dark during the day I'd say quite dim though.
My budget is $1000 +/- 200 so this just fits. I am looking for pure value out of my set. Wifi streaming from my comp is a must everything else not a big deal. 3D is a novelty that I could live without.
Really appreciate the help
Thanks

Best Buy has this specific set on clearance for $999.99. Finding them in stock is the challenge, though the Mall of Georgia BB was showing at least 1 in stock. You may want to call and see if they would do a transfer to whichever BB is convenient. I was told this shouldn't be a problem, but results may vary.

Good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
That one is the PN597000 vs this one which is the 8000. I'm not sure if they can transfer from GA to NY.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page