Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1131 Old 10-03-2013, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot View Post

Get your TV yet? I'm ready to order the 65 and trying to decide between Paul's and ABT, both of which seem to price match to $1949.

Not yet. I ordered last Saturday and Monday the shipping code was generated. It is due here next Monday - so 7 days total to ship. I don't mind since Paul's is in the West Coast and I'm on the East. They are using a freight service and its not like this is a normal item.

I have no experience with ABT, but I can only say good things about the ordering process through Paul's. I'll update the thread when the TV arrives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1131 Old 10-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinitio View Post

Another confirmation of 65 inch ST60 for $1949.00 through Paul's TV. Free shipping and no tax. This is basically a $350 savings over Best Buy/Amazon when considering sales tax.

I have to admit I was a little skeptical of Paul's just because they always have the lowest authorized dealer prices on the Panny's. But I found the sales rep to be extremely professional and the service was great over the phone. He did try to upsell me some accessories and whatnot, but he was very good about not being pushy. I know its part of the gig, so I didn't mind.

One thing that sealed the deal for me is the 30 day price guarantee. If Paul's or any authorized dealer dips below $1949 in the next 30 days, they will refund my credit card the difference. That made me confident in the purchase.
Another confirmation of that price. I opted for the White Glove for $60 so I could get it upstairs. My rep, Albert, was also great. I started out with Chat and ended up ordering over the phone. I just said, "I heard you can price-match this TV to $1949," and the rest is history. Let's hope delivery goes smoothly.
post #273 of 1131 Old 10-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Liked: 12
Shenaniganz:

I know you did an in-home test/eval of a 65ps64 and a 60st60. If I'm not mistaken you preferred the ST in virtually all aspects but the AR, which you judged a tie. I bought a 65ps64 at Costco a fews weeks ago. While I wouldn't consider my room bright, it does have some windows and the glare is substantial during daylight hours from off-angle viewing. The ps64 appears a bit dim during daytime and I believe the ST would not. My question is: can I expect the same glare or reflections from the ST in off-angle viewing during the daytime? Thanks in advance!!
post #274 of 1131 Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by realralfy View Post

Shenaniganz:

I know you did an in-home test/eval of a 65ps64 and a 60st60. If I'm not mistaken you preferred the ST in virtually all aspects but the AR, which you judged a tie. I bought a 65ps64 at Costco a fews weeks ago. While I wouldn't consider my room bright, it does have some windows and the glare is substantial during daylight hours from off-angle viewing. The ps64 appears a bit dim during daytime and I believe the ST would not. My question is: can I expect the same glare or reflections from the ST in off-angle viewing during the daytime? Thanks in advance!!

1) They have similar AR filters, both of them washed out equally under harsh 500W lighting. Both of them have equal glare. In terms of reflection the ST60 was only marginally better. I used a white LED flashlight and the reflection on the St60 was about 5-10% dimmer, not something you will notice. If you have a lot of reflections and glare with the S64 you are going to have pretty much the same results with the ST60, so its not worth it to trade for that reason

2) The ST60 was about 10-15% brighter. To a lot of people this really won't make a big difference as the PQ/Brightness of movies was pretty similar. But I watch a lot of cartoons/anime/youtube videos so for me the extra brightness did help. Keep in mind however that my room is completely dark, so that extra brightness is probably not going to make a difference if your room is already too bright.

So to recap

If your room is so bright that you are having issues with the S64, then you are probably going to have the same issues with the ST60.

My advice, get some curtains.
post #275 of 1131 Old 10-06-2013, 05:52 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganz08 View Post

1) They have similar AR filters, both of them washed out equally under harsh 500W lighting. Both of them have equal glare. In terms of reflection the ST60 was only marginally better. I used a white LED flashlight and the reflection on the St60 was about 5-10% dimmer, not something you will notice. If you have a lot of reflections and glare with the S64 you are going to have pretty much the same results with the ST60, so its not worth it to trade for that reason

2) The ST60 was about 10-15% brighter. To a lot of people this really won't make a big difference as the PQ/Brightness of movies was pretty similar. But I watch a lot of cartoons/anime/youtube videos so for me the extra brightness did help. Keep in mind however that my room is completely dark, so that extra brightness is probably not going to make a difference if your room is already too bright.

So to recap

If your room is so bright that you are having issues with the S64, then you are probably going to have the same issues with the ST60.

My advice, get some curtains.
I've been experiencing the same dilemma, only I currently have a VT60. I was contemplating returning it for the ST60 to have a brighter picture. Any thoughts?
post #276 of 1131 Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 AM

Shenaniganz:

I thank you for your input......

The windows have plantation shutters on them and they let thru just small slats of light.....just enough to drive anyone nuts sitting to the side. What is interesting is that the new 65PS64 replaced a Panny 54V10 that is about 4 yrs old.....I never had any glare issues with it......I also brought my old Pioneer 5060 just to observe it and no glare issues with it either.......seems these new Panasonics are more reflective than they used to be.....thats disappointing, especially considering that switching to LED isn't feasible because they look like garbage.....I'm considering, putting the 54V10 back up and taking this PS64 back to Costco....

I wonder if the reflections are any different between the ST and the VT....or the ZT???
post #277 of 1131 Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Does anyone know of any good deals on the 60 inch ST60 model? 

Looks like a few people have had good luck with Paul's T.V. but since I live in Michigan sales tax would kind of kill any deal they could give me. Amazon is selling them for $1391 through a separate vendor but with $52 shipping tacked on.  

I am hoping to find somewhere that will knock it down to $1300 out the door or less. This may be a bit unrealistic at this point and might have to wait until black Friday or a new model is announced to see them drop, but figured it didn't hurt to ask and see if anyone knows about a good deal.

Thanks.

post #278 of 1131 Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acention View Post

Does anyone know of any good deals on the 60 inch ST60 model? 

Looks like a few people have had good luck with Paul's T.V. but since I live in Michigan sales tax would kind of kill any deal they could give me. Amazon is selling them for $1391 through a separate vendor but with $52 shipping tacked on.  

I am hoping to find somewhere that will knock it down to $1300 out the door or less. This may be a bit unrealistic at this point and might have to wait until black Friday or a new model is announced to see them drop, but figured it didn't hurt to ask and see if anyone knows about a good deal.

Thanks.

Try an ABC Warehouse if you're near one (I'm in MI too). I paid $1325 after taxes ($1250) for a 60ST60 - the only issue is that I paid/ordered in May and STILL haven't taken delivery. It's possible the store I'm working with is worse than others in relation to getting stock. They are a preffered vendor as well - a copy of the receipt is shown earlier in this thread for reference if you do decide to take this route.
post #279 of 1131 Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Abe's of Maine has the best online price I've seen--$1399 for the 60ST60, free shipping and no tax (except in NJ). That price is very tempting....
post #280 of 1131 Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Cheep,

Thanks for the heads up on Abe's, I'm not quite ready to bite at that price, but if you are, you can use this promo code "LOYALTY15" to get $15 more off. I believe it expires relatively soon though. 

post #281 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 AM

I just moved from (Chicago to) Vermont to San Francisco. Amazon taxing me is a HUGE game changer with Best Buy a block away. I sold my LG LK450, am ready to upgrade to plasma, and have my heart set on a 50ST60 ... so, for $999.99 plus tax, Best Buy, here I come.

I'm a newbie, and by newbie I mean idiot.
post #282 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey Guys, where can i get this in Canada for the best price? Looking for either 55 or 60. Thanks.
post #283 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You can try Visions. Use their 'Help' link on this page to ask what kind of a deal they can do for you... http://www.visions.ca/Pages/Default.aspx?contentId=12

A 55-60 inch ST60 is 'on sale' at Visions for $1600-1900 right now. I generally don't like to set foot in their store though. I dropped in to have a look at a couple of sets and was heavily pressured to pick up a TV that day. The salesman called his manager over and together they hovered over me to my left and right. They kept asking me why I don't get one today and kept throwing their financing options at me.

I used that 'Help' link to ask if they could do me better than their sale price because I was going to buy a 60VT60 from the US for $1899.99us. I sent them a screenshot of Pauls TV and my chat with their salesman quoting the price.

Visions sale price at the store is $3200. I was emailed back with an offer of $2588 plus shipping costs.

I declined and went ahead and got my 60VT60 for $1899us from Pauls TV.

If you live close to the US border you could try what I am doing: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1469731/panasonic-vt60-deals/570#post_23802798
post #284 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

That's a good price. I live in London, Ontario so i am not TOO far. But what about customs and taxes and stuff?
post #285 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The sets are made (assembled?) in Mexico and therefore fall under NAFTA.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1493648/new-panasonic-owners-what-does-it-say-on-the-box-made-in-japan-assembled-in-us

You pay Canadian taxes when you bring it across.

Customs and Tax Calculator: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Over the years I've bought an HD-DVD player and Blu Ray player from Amazon US. Acer Laptop and Yamaha receiver from NewEgg US. 125w x 7ch Emotiva Amp. All for hundreds less than can be had for in Canada. The Acer laptop had a much better graphics card for less than the same Canadian model number...also it didn't have the stupid bilingual keyboard tongue.gif. I didn't pay any duties on any of this stuff, just Canadian Tax.
post #286 of 1131 Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Nice, thanks man!

Only thing that worries me now is the warranty part.

How does the buying extra warranty thing work from Mack or whatever?

Edit: Never mind, i called them up. Only question I have is how do they verify that it is a new TV or bought from an authorized place?
post #287 of 1131 Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM

Liked: 11
Well, had a pretty interesting day today. After some squirming over the past few months trying to decide between the 60" or 65", I had finally decided on the 65", just to be sure I wouldn't have buyer's remorse over the purchase. I could get the 65" ST60 direct from Panasonic, using a purchase plan benefit from my wife's work, for $2,049. Low enough to make me go that route instead of the $1,399 60". Best Buy had no problem agreeing to price match, so this way I would get the good price, along with my BB Rewards points. Excitement...then...they don't have them in their warehouses and not sure when they will be available. Said they'll honor the price regardless, so that's good. Said they'd keep an eye on the stock levels and let me know as soon as they became available to ship to me (free white-glove).

It's been about 3 weeks since that encounter. I have stopped by a few times just to check the status, but to no avail. Today when I stopped in my original sales person, Curtis, was there and we started talking about the differences between the ST60 and the VT60. While the VT60 is a slightly higher caliber panel, I just wasn't up to paying the extreme difference between the 2 models. With the Panasonic discount I was still looking at $2,499. After sitting there explaining my dilemma for a few minutes my salesperson Curtis said, "What if I made the price difference about 1/2?" I said so like what? He said he'd do the VT60 in a 65" version for $2,249, including white glove delivery, by Wednesday (10/16). I couldn't say no to this one, so I'll be the happy owner of this beast by next week. Now I'm excited. I was truly looking forward to owning the ST60, so obviously, I'm pretty happy with the deal I got. Best Buy certainly pulled through for me this time.

Best of luck to the rest of you here in your endeavors to acquire one of these things!
CYrus BORG likes this.
post #288 of 1131 Old 10-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Great anecdote. Congrats! (Translated: Wah!! I want one!)
Just finished calibrations on my 60ST60. Sheesh what a great picture. All the other stumbles with ads and poor 3D and such aside, they've made what really counts...a great picture screen.
post #289 of 1131 Old 10-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If any of you get the Panasonic discount through your job you can get the 60ST60 for $1359 with free shipping.
post #290 of 1131 Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot View Post

Another confirmation of that price. I opted for the White Glove for $60 so I could get it upstairs. My rep, Albert, was also great. I started out with Chat and ended up ordering over the phone. I just said, "I heard you can price-match this TV to $1949," and the rest is history. Let's hope delivery goes smoothly.
Got mine delivered today. Running the slides now, so have to wait another 4 days to watch it frown.gif. At least getting from Paul's was painless and shipped pretty quickly.
post #291 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 407
Hi guys, I'm in PA, can someone PM on where they got a good deal online for the 60" version of the ST60. So far I'm under 1300 free shipping and no tax. At least no tax AFAIK. I know this is a good deal but I don't want to find out I could have done even better.

Thanks,
John.
post #292 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Hi guys, I'm in PA, can someone PM on where they got a good deal online for the 60" version of the ST60. So far I'm under 1300 free shipping and no tax. At least no tax AFAIK. I know this is a good deal but I don't want to find out I could have done even better.

Thanks,
John.

John, where have you found the 60ST60 for under $1300?

Van G

Carl Spackler: "The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."
post #293 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

John, where have you found the 60ST60 for under $1300?

You may have to search that panel in the link, but I think the final price was $1293. Mostly good reviews with a couple of not so good ones also.

https://www.eastcoasttvs.com/shoppingcart.asp?Check=True
post #294 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

You may have to search that panel in the link, but I think the final price was $1293. Mostly good reviews with a couple of not so good ones also.

Do you care about warranty? Do you care about upsells?

You will not have warranty and will get upsells and IIRC, they force insurance on you or no sale. Read below

http://hdguru.com/how-to-get-the-best-hdtv-deal-hd-guru-investigates/
post #295 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post

Quote:

You will not have warranty and will get upsells and IIRC, they force insurance on you or no sale. Read below

I second that. Won't consider buying from ECTV.

Regardless, thanks for sharing John and Cucuy.

Van G

Carl Spackler: "The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."
post #296 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post

Of course I want a warranty! Who said there is no warranty from east coast? If that's the case I would not buy from them. Thank you for the heads up smile.gif
post #297 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 PM

I'm new here but have been lurking for a about a month. I have a TC-P55ST60 coming on Tuesday from Amazon after paying $1,295. Found some lower prices but from sites I consider unsafe to buy from. Also bought the SquareDeal 5-year plan for $181, a purchase I feel comfortable with & sold by Amazon, a big plus.
Lots of bargains out there but have to watch who you buy from?
Jeff
post #298 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post

I second that. Won't consider buying from ECTV.

Regardless, thanks for sharing John and Cucuy.

Yes I agree and will scratch them from my list.
post #299 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 PM

So I originally ordered from Paul's TV a couple weeks ago. The panel arrived, I turned it on, and saw a 12 inch wide vertical black bar on the right hand side of the screen. There was no apparent damage to the panel anywhere.

I immediately called up Paul's customer service. They said it sounded like a manufacturer defect if there was no visible damage to the shipping box or panel. Long story short, they shipped another one to me that night. It took another 5 days to get here, and the delivery guy picked up the defective TV.

The replacement TV looks awesome. No issues thus far. I'm running the D-Nice slides now for panel prep. I have to admit, I stuck in The Lorax for about 5 minutes just to see this baby in action. tongue.gif Amazing piece of equipment.

So all in all, I must say the customer service from Paul's TV was excellent. Their representatives are real people that work at the store. I generally found them very knowledgeable about the entire process, and they could talk shop about the different models as well. This was my first time ordering such a large item online. It definitely has its pros and cons. On the one hand, I got a great price. On the other hand, if something goes wrong, it just takes longer to rectify because of the cross country shipping, etc. To PTV's credit though, they did treated me well and made everything right.
post #300 of 1131 Old 10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I will be an official plasma owner in 5-8 days. I just ordered the TCP60ST60 from Paul's TV smile.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page