post #451 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappydj View Post

emanymton123,

did Amazon send you a notification/email about the refund amount or did you have to check your credit card statement?

my order just shipped as of this morning and was told that would be when the credit would be issued. I suppose it will take a day or two.

They sent me an email that detailed the price/tax refund and said it would take 2-3 days for the amount to show up on my credit card.

slappydj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Liked: 10
great I will be on the lookout for that. thank you!
post #453 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_R View Post

Bought a 50ST60 from Best Buy this weekend for $975 (plus 24 months no interest). They'll price match until Jan 15th so I'm hoping they'll be some more price drops. Still a hell of a price for this set.
My $5,000 Pioneer 5060HD (not Kuro) died and this Panasonic is definately a step above. Very impressed so far and no buyers remorse due to cost. Just hope it lasts.

Just bought the same set as you saturday at Best Buy but I could not find anything on their site about price matching. can you please provide more info on that? Thanks

An "Analog Kid" in a digital world
post #454 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 157

Anyone that has been refused several times and wants my Amazon price-match of $997 for the 60" ST60 can have it...

Just let me know.

I am now looking at either the Panasonic 65" VT60 or the Sony XBR 65" 900...

post #455 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM

PM sent about the 60" ST60
post #456 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM

I know this has prob been covered but here goes.
I want a 65" plasma. I missed out on the s64.
If I couldn't care less about 3d, and my living room only has one tiny window, is there any reason for me to spend the extra $ on the st60 vs the s60?
Is there a difference in picture quality AT ALL?
post #457 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 06:07 PM

I looked on Fry's website and it is not showing available anywhere. When I called amazon, they sent me over to the large items department. After speaking with the rep they said they would not match it due to my location not being near the store. Any help from those of you who have gotten it? I also sent an email to see if they would match it.
post #458 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 09:26 PM

Just keep trying. It seems, from reading previous posts, that some people have tried 3 or 4 times before they finally got the deal.

post #459 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 157

You know when Amazon states that they will not meet the price because a store is not near them (the customer) - someone really needs to remind Amazon that there are Fry's stores closer to them than Amazon!

And someone should also remind them that Fry's price-match's Amazon's prices!

post #460 of 1143 Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 PM

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

Well, call me a "fool" then... lol

I went to Best Buy and compared the 60" and the 65".

While the TVs are off - the difference doesn't look to be all that much.

However, when they are on - there is a big difference in size of TV picture.

I really am leaning toward the 65" now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

You know when Amazon states that they will not meet the price because a store is not near them (the customer) - someone really needs to remind Amazon that there are Fry's stores closer to them than Amazon!

And someone should also remind them that Fry's price-match's Amazon's prices!

Again you guys missed out

There is no reason for Amazon to honor this deal anymore. Go check on Fry's.com they are COMPLETELY out of stock

http://www.frys.com/product/7611357
post #461 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
60ST60 for $1k is great, wish there would be a deal on a 65ST60 for ~$1500.
post #462 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 01:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganz08 View Post

There is no reason for Amazon to honor this deal anymore. Go check on Fry's.com they are COMPLETELY out of stock

It's been out of stock for shipping from Fry's the entire time it's been on clearance, AFAIK.

That didn't stop Amazon from price matching it before.
post #463 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganz08 View Post

ea contraire! Webster, TX. biggrin.gif

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #464 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 05:38 AM

FYI - I was also denied the FRYs price from AMAZON.

Their reason was that - "Because this item is currently listed unavailable for shipping from Fry's and is not available at a store within 50 miles of your billing address; we won't be able. able to approve this price match."

Are others out there still calling / live chatting and finding a way to get the match? Does Amazon have stock of the ST60?

FWIW - I originally emailed customer service with the request that they match the FRYS price based on AMAZONs price guarantee. They emailed back and denied. I clicked on the link in the email "this did not solve my problem" and send another email, this time stating that I know for a fact this deal had been matched before. They basically replied with the same answer as the first time.
kkirsche likes this.
post #465 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 AM

Good Morning ,
It has been a while, but I wanted to post a "Thank You" to all for the information and finding this deal.
I received an email from Amazon this morning and the price match was approved!!!
I originally requested this through a chat, as described in this forum on Friday evening and was turned down.
I wasn't to bothered by it, just chalked it up to being late to the party.
On Saturday evening our kids had friends over and I set them up to watch a movie.
It was great, our Pioneer Pdp-4270 has always been my favorite tv ever. But it just seemed small.
We just moved into our new house a month ago and the difference in wall space is huge.
Moving from an apartment to a house with a living room that is 17'x19' is a big change.
On Sunday, I decided to give Amazon another try and sent a second request through chat.
This time it was approved. I placed the order and had to call back to get the price match completed.
The very nice lady that answered did not understand how it was price matched and needed to investigate further.
She told me that she would let me know when she found out the decision by email.
I knew there was no chance of this getting approved a second time. Should have kept the other rep on chat.....Why, why, why!!
I was shocked when an email came to me from this same nice lady, two days later. "We have approved your price match and updated your purchase."

Sorry if that was a little long, but I hope it's a good read. And if it helps someone else, all the better.
post #466 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:06 AM

I've been denied about 3 times but am trying again this morning. FWIW folks on slickdeals report BB was also price matching as well. May try that angle later today if this doesn't work out.
post #467 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsam View Post

Good Morning ,
It has been a while, but I wanted to post a "Thank You" to all for the information and finding this deal.
I received an email from Amazon this morning and the price match was approved!!!
I originally requested this through a chat, as described in this forum on Friday evening and was turned down.
I wasn't to bothered by it, just chalked it up to being late to the party.
On Saturday evening our kids had friends over and I set them up to watch a movie.
It was great, our Pioneer Pdp-4270 has always been my favorite tv ever. But it just seemed small.
We just moved into our new house a month ago and the difference in wall space is huge.
Moving from an apartment to a house with a living room that is 17'x19' is a big change.
On Sunday, I decided to give Amazon another try and sent a second request through chat.
This time it was approved. I placed the order and had to call back to get the price match completed.
The very nice lady that answered did not understand how it was price matched and needed to investigate further.
She told me that she would let me know when she found out the decision by email.
I knew there was no chance of this getting approved a second time. Should have kept the other rep on chat.....Why, why, why!!
I was shocked when an email came to me from this same nice lady, two days later. "We have approved your price match and updated your purchase."

Sorry if that was a little long, but I hope it's a good read. And if it helps someone else, all the better.

Do you live within 50miles of a FRYS store??

This is the sole reason they are denying my request. Solely because I live more than 50 miles away from FRYS and the TV is not availabe for shipping.
post #468 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:22 AM

I'll admit I bought 2 60ST60 from BB on sat, with the Frys price match, with the intention of selling the 2nd one, eventually the Frys deal will end, have till January 15 to sell, what's a fair $. ?? Chicago suburbs
post #469 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Liked: 11
My nearest store is 672 miles from where I live. Amazon approved my request yesterday. Had a online chat with a rep who said that he will forward my request to big appliance rep. After that I mailed amazon and got the approval within 4 hours. I had some 3-4 TVs lying in my Amazon cart for some time including this one.
post #470 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 AM

No, I am 3 1/2 hrs from the nearest Fry's store.
Me and my son did go to Best Buy on Sunday to look at some game ideas
For his Christmas list. I spoke to the service rep there and inquired about there best price.
I mentioned the Fry's pricing and after about ten minutes he came back with
A big "No". He said because the deal was not available online, they would not
Price match.
I did not really think they would anyway....
post #471 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR Cholan View Post

My nearest store is 672 miles from where I live. Amazon approved my request yesterday. Had a online chat with a rep who said that he will forward my request to big appliance rep. After that I mailed amazon and got the approval within 4 hours. I had some 3-4 TVs lying in my Amazon cart for some time including this one.

I guess it just must depend on the rep you get.

Ive tried email (twice) and live chatting. They continue to deny me since I dont live close to a FRYS
post #472 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 AM

It took me 3 tries over a couple days but I was finally able to get Amazon to PM! The first time I went through chat in the evening. I was transferred to the large items dept. and was denied because there are no stores within 50 miles of me and because it was not available for sale online.

I tried again the next morning when the large items dept. wasn't open and that chat person put in a request. A couples hours later I got an email saying they needed more info for some reason. Like model number, zip code, etc. I followed the link and emailed them that info. I received a denied request response exactly like the day before. It was even the same guy! lol.

Then I decided to try one more time this morning through chat. I ended up talking to someone else in what I think was the large items dept. (not sure). Anyway, he went to frys.com to find the deal and came back with an approval! I told him I was ready to order so once I did he said to give him the order number. Once he had that he immediately went in and changed the price to $997. So once it ships I will be charged that amount. I won't have to worry about a refund or anything.

I live in Central FL and the nearest Fry's is in Duluth, GA. Over 450 miles away.

So in the end it really just depends on who you get from Amazon I guess. I'm really glad I tried one more time!
post #473 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson.geek View Post

It took me 3 tries over a couple days but I was finally able to get Amazon to PM! The first time I went through chat in the evening. I was transferred to the large items dept. and was denied because there are no stores within 50 miles of me and because it was not available for sale online.

I tried again the next morning when the large items dept. wasn't open and that chat person put in a request. A couples hours later I got an email saying they needed more info for some reason. Like model number, zip code, etc. I followed the link and emailed them that info. I received a denied request response exactly like the day before. It was even the same guy! lol.

Then I decided to try one more time this morning through chat. I ended up talking to someone else in what I think was the large items dept. (not sure). Anyway, he went to frys.com to find the deal and came back with an approval! I told him I was ready to order so once I did he said to give him the order number. Once he had that he immediately went in and changed the price to $997. So once it ships I will be charged that amount. I won't have to worry about a refund or anything.

I live in Central FL and the nearest Fry's is in Duluth, GA. Over 450 miles away.

So in the end it really just depends on who you get from Amazon I guess. I'm really glad I tried one more time!

Dang!! Guess I'll keep trying.

So the Rep on chat really didnt ask many questions? Just looked at the Fry's website and applied the price match??
post #474 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames03 View Post

Dang!! Guess I'll keep trying.

So the Rep on chat really didnt ask many questions? Just looked at the Fry's website and applied the price match??

Yeah pretty much. The first two tries I provided the link to the TV to the reps. This time I didn't since he didn't ask. I figured he could find it on his own lol. I'll look through the transcript but I don't think he really asked anything.
post #475 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 AM

That was the same process I went through yesterday. I was denied over the weekend, decided to try the live chat again on Monday and was transferred to the large item dept and the person came back and said yes. I gave him the order number after I placed the order and he changed it to reflect the $997 price.

So it's all about who you get, so just keep trying.
henderson.geek likes this.
post #476 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah pretty much. The first two tries I provided the link to the TV to the reps. This time I didn't since he didn't ask. I figured he could find it on his own lol. I'll look through the transcript but I don't think he really asked anything.

He asked to confirm that I wanted to price match a TV and I said: "Yes that's right. I've seen a lot of people online that have had success so I thought I'd give it a shot. Its the Panasonic P60ST60. Frys.com has it for $997.00. I have not ordered yet. Wanted to make sure I could get the price first."

He then said he would check on the info and get back to me. I said "I first saw it on Friday I believe and it was still available when I checked this morning"

Then he came back with the approval.

Hope that helps.
JasonCajda likes this.
post #477 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:

He asked to confirm that I wanted to price match a TV and I said: "Yes that's right. I've seen a lot of people online that have had success so I thought I'd give it a shot. Its the Panasonic P60ST60. Frys.com has it for $997.00. I have not ordered yet. Wanted to make sure I could get the price first."

He then said he would check on the info and get back to me. I said "I first saw it on Friday I believe and it was still available when I checked this morning"

Then he came back with the approval.

Hope that helps.

That's awesome man, guess I'll keep trying. I've talked to three people so far...no luck.

All of them I have told that I could prove through email copies or chat transcripts that others have received the price match. They all told me the same thing, they couldn't do it for me and to read the terms of service.
post #478 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 07:17 AM

The person I chatted with didn't ask any questions.

He said he was going to check the Fry's site and came back right away and said, yes we can match the price. Then he explained about placing the order and how he would change the price to reflect the new price. That was it. From the time I signed into live chat to the completion of the transaction took 11 mins.
post #479 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just checked my credit card and see that I was billed full price ($1,449.99) today for my purchase from Saturday.

Has anyone who asked for the price match before ordering had to contact Amazon again to get the price match amount refunded? Or will I automatically get a refund at a certain point?
post #480 of 1143 Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

I just checked my credit card and see that I was billed full price ($1,449.99) today for my purchase from Saturday.

Has anyone who asked for the price match before ordering had to contact Amazon again to get the price match amount refunded? Or will I automatically get a refund at a certain point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

They say it will be automatic. I contacted them on monday morning after my tv shipped on friday.

I am impatient. Plus I wantded to make sure I got my credit before the tv was delivered.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page