post #631 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post

I think this is just what they've been instructed to tell you about BF.  Think about it, if they really want to play hardball and you're still within the return window then you tell them to come pickup their set and you'll buy it from the store you're trying to price match or sign in with a different Amazon account and buy a new one with the PM.  The return cost alone would justify them "negotiating" a PM with you (at the very least).

You must like playing chicken. tongue.gif I've spoken to a few Amazon CSR's over the past two days and read stuff posted here and get conflicting info. If push came to shove I would hope that Amazon would like to keep someones business.

As far as the Fry's deal, I tried so hard, contacting them on multiple occasions (online via chat and email) and I couldn't get the $997 deal after the fact. I knew it would be a shot in the dark, but I had to try. So upset I missed out. I've been largely AWOL on the Panasonic forums because I wasn't sure if I was going to buy. As a gamer the input lag and IR was somewhat of a concern. I check in a few days ago and not only find out that Panasonic pulled the plug on plasmas, but also I missed the Fry's deal by a little over a week. mad.gif

I think I'm going to wait to see what, if any, deals transpire during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. When I was in chat with Amazon asking about price matching today the CSR stated that I'd be surprised how much inventory they had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozman View Post

Got the last one in stock at the Best Buy London (North) ST60 (55") for $1399 (CAN) can't wait tell the weekend to set it up.........

I purchased a Pioneer Kuro 5020FD (5-6 years ago) and ran the ever popular slides for 100 hours, and only watched full HD programing at the beginning, then after the 100 hours of slides, I set my settings to D-Nice, Is that status quo for this Panasonic ST60? Would and should I run the slides again? or are plasma's built differently now since my Pioneer purchase.

Just wondering, is the majority still running slides. and is it save to run these things 24/7. Cause I would be leaving mine on for almost 2 straight days if so.

I believe I will be running the slides. I've done it on 2 currently owned plasmas as well as the ST50 before returning due to issues. While I ran my slides for 12-15 a day there are several here on AVS and other forums who ran the slides 24/7 until they reached 100 hours without issue. The only thing I would be uncomfortable doing is leaving it on 24/7 while away. I would like to be able to check on it every so often to make sure everything is OK.
post #633 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 11:28 AM

Liked: 13
Anyone possibly looking for a New In Box 60ST60 Bought from Best Buy, I have a return window till Jan 15th, so if there's any Issues, I'd help you return it up until then, there after you'd have the panasonic warranty, Please PM me, with contact info, Not looking to ship, I'm in the Chicago suburbs, Thanks 50kuro80
post #634 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinn View Post

It appears that the TV has shipped from Michigan so it's all good.
It will be interesting to see what kind of deals (if any) pop up over the next 5 days. Amazon had sent me an email this morning regarding the ST60 & VT60 being offered during "Black Friday Deals Week" but the prices are the same as they have been over the past few weeks. The Samsung PN51F8500 was down a couple hundred, though still overpriced vs the ST60 IMO.

Not necessarily, if you know where to look. Conn's (granted they are only in the South and Southwest) is selling the F8500 at a drastic reduction right now. I got my 60 for 1497 brand new in the box and the 64 is 1997. I believe for the stores that have the 51 it's 997. That blows away most other deals until you get to something like the VT or ZT in my opinion. But I'm keeping track of the ST as well just in case I can scoop a 50 inch model up somewhere that will go somewhere else. I'd be happy with the S60 as well which currently is 599 at Sears, but I like the AR coating on the Sammy so much I'd rather hold out for an ST.
post #635 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

You must like playing chicken. tongue.gif I've spoken to a few Amazon CSR's over the past two days and read stuff posted here and get conflicting info. If push came to shove I would hope that Amazon would like to keep someones business.

As far as the Fry's deal, I tried so hard, contacting them on multiple occasions (online via chat and email) and I couldn't get the $997 deal after the fact. I knew it would be a shot in the dark, but I had to try. So upset I missed out. I've been largely AWOL on the Panasonic forums because I wasn't sure if I was going to buy. As a gamer the input lag and IR was somewhat of a concern. I check in a few days ago and not only find out that Panasonic pulled the plug on plasmas, but also I missed the Fry's deal by a little over a week. mad.gif

I think I'm going to wait to see what, if any, deals transpire during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. When I was in chat with Amazon asking about price matching today the CSR stated that I'd be surprised how much inventory they had.

Amazon has a lot of inventory of ST60's?
post #636 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:

If your on the fence, wanting to buy a New in Box 60ST60 and live in or around Chicago, you should talk to me first.....if you buy it from me ( I bought it from Best Buy with the holiday return period till Jan 15th, so if we need to exchange for any kind of issue, I will help you with that ) You won't have to worry about any BF or Cyber deal.......
post #637 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's what I was told. Waiting is torture though lol.
post #638 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Not necessarily, if you know where to look. Conn's (granted they are only in the South and Southwest) is selling the F8500 at a drastic reduction right now. I got my 60 for 1497 brand new in the box and the 64 is 1997. I believe for the stores that have the 51 it's 997. That blows away most other deals until you get to something like the VT or ZT in my opinion. But I'm keeping track of the ST as well just in case I can scoop a 50 inch model up somewhere that will go somewhere else. I'd be happy with the S60 as well which currently is 599 at Sears, but I like the AR coating on the Sammy so much I'd rather hold out for an ST.

I might have considered the 51" F8500 at $997. Out of curiosity, I checked Conn's website and they are currently offering no 8500's so must be in-store only? I should realize by now that as much as I endeavor to turn over every rock it's hard to do so in a quarry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Kuro80 View Post

If your on the fence, wanting to buy a New in Box 60ST60 and live in or around Chicago, you should talk to me first.....if you buy it from me ( I bought it from Best Buy with the holiday return period till Jan 15th ) You won't have to worry about any BF or Cyber deal.......

Thank you, but I live way, way south of Chicago now. I bought a 55" from Paul's and I am monitoring pricing because of the 30 day price match they offer. I need to save every penny I can.
post #639 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Well, I got Amazon to price match Paul TV's current deal of $1999, I also had a $100 gift card, so I feel I got a solid deal on the 65" ST60. I currently have a LG 55LHX, so I'm not expecting a bump in PQ, but the extra size should be great!

LG 55LHX
PS3 60gig | HTPC (building now) | WDTV | AT&T UVerse
ATT UVerse
Denon 1712 receiver | JBL 190's, 130's, and 120c
post #640 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoman504 View Post

I currently have a LG 55LHX, so I'm not expecting a bump in PQ...
Then you'll be pleasantly surprised.
post #641 of 1128 Old 11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I received my P60ST60 on Saturday and got it mounted where my P50GT25 had been on Sunday. I'll have to post more thorough impressions later on. So far, I'm quite pleased.

I'm doing the break-in slides off/on with some fullscreen viewing. I have not tried gaming yet, so the acceptability of the ST60's input lag is an unanswered question.

Amazon did not automatically refund the price match difference, so I've just contacted them to get that going. Getting this display for $997 is just incredible. A big thank you to those who posted about it here. I don't think I would have made a move otherwise, though I had been eyeing the P65S64 for around $1250. A smaller, higher quality picture suits me fine. I still enjoy my 500M quite a bit, though it seems to have shrunk now that I also have a 60" display. wink.gif Also, I tend to be sensitive to both phosphor lag and dithering/solarization, so I wonder if I would've found the S64 objectionable on those grounds.

I helped my parents buy an ST30 a couple years ago and have had several opportunities for critical viewing with it. Comparing that to my GT25, I found the ST30 superior in many respects. 2009 -> 2010 -> 2011 was a period of rapid improvement for Panasonic plasmas. The formula was more or less set in 2011, with 2012 and 2013 models benefitting from further refinements. I think if I had had a P60ST30 instead of a P50GT25, I wouldn't have been quite as motivated to upgrade. For the price, I might have jumped anyway, though. All bets are off with Panasonic exiting the market. As it stands, this is a huge upgrade from the P50GT25. Black level, light rejection, and apparent gradation/grayscale linearity are the most obvious improvements.

I can't say I'm as pleased with the delivery service from CEVA. The delivery people started calling me about 2 hours before my scheduled window and tried to get me to accept an earlier delivery time. I wasn't able to be around then, so I politely said I needed to stick to the plan. This seemed to tick them off a bit. Also, two guys and a pickup doesn't really seem like the right way to do this kind of thing. I didn't see them unload and wasn't entirely sure that they hadn't had the plasma laying down inside the truck bed. I had them open up the box before I signed anything. It wasn't damaged (knock on wood) and the box looked fine, but I've definitely seen better service from freight carriers. I'm amazed how thin these boxes have become! I'd say they've slimmed down more than the displays themselves. I've heard it said that the Samsung plasma packaging seems more robust, though I have no experience with it.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the ST60! Thanks again to those who posted about the price match. What a deal!
post #642 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 05:51 AM

Liked: 11
After reading this thread about Panasonic pulling the plug on the ST60, I pushed the button for a 60 inch on Best Buy.com for $1,499, free delivery, but NJ taxes.

Maybe not an absolute rock bottom price, but it seems that inventory is getting thin out there. HHGregg and Frys didn't have the 60 in listed, Sears only had it bundled at a higher price, B&H had it for $1599 with free ship, no tax, essentially what I paid, and Amazon was the same (1499, assuming they're collecting sales tax)

Will Best Buy.com actually match prices outside those retailers listed on their website? If so, any suggestions for getting a few bucks back?

In any case, I'm thinking this may be a "you snooze, you lose" situation in terms of availability, especially on the popular 60 inch.
I honestly had no thought about buying a TV before 8 am on Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find one at this price by Monday.
post #643 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 AM

Liked: 21
I'm about to do the same. For anyone with a Discover credit card if you make the full purchase with the card you get 90 days of price protection. Just mail in proof and they refund the different.
post #644 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 10
I just got the 60" ST60 Panasonic, for $1550 in Canada which is the best price I've ever seen on this in Canada. I hope it's a good TV for a semi bright room.
post #645 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:

I just got the 60" ST60 Panasonic, for $1550 in Canada which is the best price I've ever seen on this in Canada

Wow, that's an amazing price for this hard to come by set up here in Canada. Care to share where this deal was made or was it a one off sort of thing? Much appreciated cause I'm pulling my hair out ( and there's precious little of that left) trying to find this TV. Thanks.

post #646 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Liked: 11
I'm in Toronto Nemesis, may I ask where you were able to score that deal?
post #647 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

Apparently, if you purchase the ST60 from Amazon prior to BF, they will not offer price matching for BF deals, including their own. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I think this is just what they've been instructed to tell you about BF.  Think about it, if they really want to play hardball and you're still within the return window then you tell them to come pickup their set and you'll buy it from the store you're trying to price match or sign in with a different Amazon account and buy a new one with the PM.  The return cost alone would justify them "negotiating" a PM with you (at the very least).

I posted about it in a separate thread. It's their policy. I'm not saying that there's not a chance that you might reach a csr that can actually push a deal through, but being that everyone should be reminded of policy prior to the biggest shopping day of the year, I highly doubt it will happen. Also, there's no incentive for anyone, any where to reduce the prices of these tvs, not in new condition. There might just be some deals out there on VT and ZT though... maybe.

Oh and don't count on them not wanting to pay for the return either- been there, done that last year. wink.gif

post #648 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avincent52 View Post

After reading this thread about Panasonic pulling the plug on the ST60, I pushed the button for a 60 inch on Best Buy.com for $1,499, free delivery, but NJ taxes.

Maybe not an absolute rock bottom price, but it seems that inventory is getting thin out there. HHGregg and Frys didn't have the 60 in listed, Sears only had it bundled at a higher price, B&H had it for $1599 with free ship, no tax, essentially what I paid, and Amazon was the same (1499, assuming they're collecting sales tax)

Will Best Buy.com actually match prices outside those retailers listed on their website? If so, any suggestions for getting a few bucks back?

In any case, I'm thinking this may be a "you snooze, you lose" situation in terms of availability, especially on the popular 60 inch.
I honestly had no thought about buying a TV before 8 am on Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find one at this price by Monday.

Did you check the final price through Amazon? In my case, they charge less on taxes than BB, HH Gregg and Paul's.

post #649 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 05:29 PM

I got mine at visions electronics in the city I live in Alberta. I was quoted a price at future shop but they didn't have one in Stock so I went to visions who had one and beat the offer I had.
post #650 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Good thing is because they are local I can take it back. This talk about input lag is freaking me out
post #651 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 05:40 PM

Nemesis, thanks for the info and congrats on the TV (especially the price). Unfortunately no Visions in Eastern Canada and there's not a snowball's chance in hell of getting a retailer to match that price here. Local shops know the scarcity and are treating them like gold. Thanks again.

post #652 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irridion View Post

I'm in Toronto Nemesis, may I ask where you were able to score that deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCanuck View Post

Nemesis, thanks for the info and congrats on the TV (especially the price). Unfortunately no Visions in Eastern Canada and there's not a snowball's chance in hell of getting a retailer to match that price here. Local shops know the scarcity and are treating them like gold. Thanks again.

This isn't exactly a screaming hot deal, but Bay Bloor Radio is offering a 3-year warranty on all ST models, and throwing in three 3D blurays until this Saturday, I believe. They also guarantee their price for 30 days. They don't do price matching, but are around the same price point as FS and BB anywho, and offer free delivery in the city. As far as deals go in the Toronto area, you could do worse...
post #653 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 07:43 PM

should something happen to your $2K TV you don't want Panasonic to refuse repairs because you did not purchase from authorized retailer.

tDO6ls

post #654 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 07:58 PM

If your on the fence, wanting to buy a New in Box 60ST60 for a GREAT DEAL and live in or around Chicago, you should Definitely talk to me First.....Im willing to ship, But YOU must take care of the Transportation and Insurance, But obviously, this is an additional Cost added to the selling price, that's out of my Control

I bought it from Best Buy with the Holiday return period till January 15th....................As Verified by a Best Buy Manager, As Long as you have the Original Receipt ( Which i will give you ) you will have NO Problems exchanging for a new one at ANY Best Buy, if you should have any Issues.......

If your Interested Please send me a PM

Thank you, 50kuro80
post #655 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renshouqings View Post

should something happen to your $2K TV you don't want Panasonic to refuse repairs because you did not purchase from authorized retailer.
tDO6ls

not true

post #656 of 1128 Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 PM

After going back to Sears and talking to a manager I confirmed that layaway does not guarantee that the TV will be put on hold for you. So the $1200 i put down on the 60 inch ST60 was for nothing.

I went ahead and canceled my order and turned around and bought the 55 inch ST60 that they had on hand in the store. Yes, it's a bit smaller but I was not going to have any more money until pay day and I could afford the extra $200 out of pocket. So the price at Sears was $1349 + tax. $1400 n change out the door.

I do not regret it at all. Matter of fact, I think a 60 inch would have been too big anyway in my small apartment. So far the black levels completely blow away any other LED I've seen. I am going to be running over the air HD content for at least a month before I calibrate it.

There is also a slight buzz when you have a bright white screen. It's more noticeable for me because I have my unit set in the corner so it produces a bit of echo in the back. Can't hear it at all when I actually have movies or content playing.

About as close to perfection as I can get for now. Happy hunting, guys!
post #657 of 1128 Old 11-29-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Kuro80 View Post

If your on the fence, wanting to buy a New in Box 60ST60 for a GREAT DEAL and live in or around Chicago, you should Definitely talk to me First.....Im willing to ship, But YOU must take care of the Transportation and Insurance, But obviously, this is an additional Cost added to the selling price, that's out of my Control

I bought it from Best Buy with the Holiday return period till January 15th....................As Verified by a Best Buy Manager, As Long as you have the Original Receipt ( Which i will give you ) you will have NO Problems exchanging for a new one at ANY Best Buy, if you should have any Issues.......

If your Interested Please send me a PM

Thank you, 50kuro80

If you want to sell your set it would be better if you listed it in the classifieds instead of continuously posting it here. 3 times on the first page is a little much.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/253/plasma-panels
shenaniganz08 and kkirsche like this.

post #658 of 1128 Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 AM

I figured....Moving to the classifieds
sheshechic likes this.
post #659 of 1128 Old 11-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Liked: 12
Will Amazon price match ABT.com if the only difference is in Taxes? ABT has the 55" ST60 for $1297 plus free shipping and no taxes.

Amazon has it for $1295 for after taxes it's $1407.

I ordered on Amazon but can still cancel it and do it ABT instead? I've never ordered from there before though. Anything to worry about? Or should I just call Amazon about the price match?
post #660 of 1128 Old 11-29-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree86 View Post

Will Amazon price match ABT.com if the only difference is in Taxes? ABT has the 55" ST60 for $1297 plus free shipping and no taxes.

Amazon has it for $1295 for after taxes it's $1407.

I ordered on Amazon but can still cancel it and do it ABT instead? I've never ordered from there before though. Anything to worry about? Or should I just call Amazon about the price match?

Curious about this as well. Try online chat with Amazon and see if they waive the sales tax or lower the price so after sales tax it comes to $1295. Like you I get charged with sales tax now.
kkirsche likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page