AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/198-plasma-flat-panel-great-found-deals/)
-   -   Panasonic ST60 Deals (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/198-plasma-flat-panel-great-found-deals/1468498-panasonic-st60-deals.html)

wirelessroute 04-16-2013 07:29 AM

I amm the market for 65 inch and would like to follow the trends on price decrease on new models ST60. Read the post from last years Panasonic ST50 Deals and if history repeats the new model was released in march-april and by July was running some pretty big sales. Anyhow this is what I am finding now and would like to hear back from people as they find deals on this model

3/16/2013:
Panasonic TC-P65ST60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses)
Amazon: $2,569.98
EPP: $2,209.99 ??

Johnny Bananas 04-17-2013 02:53 PM

I'm following the 65" ST60 as well. It does not appear to be available from some of the usual retailers, like Best Buy, but it is out there. Best price I'm seeing right now is at Abt, $2398 including shipping.

My plan is to follow this for about the next 2 months and then do a price match at Best Buy for the lowest possible price. This thread should help, thanks for starting it.

JustinHEMI05 04-17-2013 03:27 PM

Subbed.

I'll keep my eyes out too.

Justin

sytech 04-17-2013 04:31 PM

Using the Amazon price tracker for the 65ST50 it looks like it hit around $2000 in June and then again in October.

Rice Rocket 04-17-2013 04:56 PM

One of the forum sponsors, Cleveland Plasma, has the 65ST60 listed at $2350 delivered.

Johnny Bananas 04-18-2013 08:30 AM

June will be perfect timing for me, this plasma is going into a basement room that is yet to be finished.

Esteban Medaglia 04-18-2013 09:37 AM

Subscribed!

AKA 04-18-2013 10:13 AM

Despite their pricematch policy, I would't neccesarily count on BB doing so. Another user here already reported being turned down on an ST60 pm at BB (was one of the smaller models, to Sears price). YMMV, I suppose.

wirelessroute 04-18-2013 10:47 AM

Yes I read through the ST50 deals from last year it appears discounts started to appear June through July.
I still don't get how Panasonic or the seller justifies $900 price difference between 60 inch ST60 and 65 Inch, just mind boggling frown.gif
You figure if 65 inch will be around 2K or just below the 60 would be close to 1K no?

From last years ST50 Tread:
7/4/12
Originally Posted by mnc
Anyone seen the 65ST50 for under $2k?
Just by a buck (Paul's). Went with Amazon for the usual reasons yesterday @ 2099.

Johnny Bananas 04-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

Despite their pricematch policy, I would't neccesarily count on BB doing so. Another user here already reported being turned down on an ST60 pm at BB (was one of the smaller models, to Sears price). YMMV, I suppose.

Based on my own experience, when I tried to get the VT50 earlier this year, I was shot down by my local BB while several other people were getting rediculous price matches in other cities. I believe it's luck of the draw and which BB you get to deal with. If they turn me down then I'll go to another local store who will price match but doesn't have 24 months financing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Yes I read through the ST50 deals from last year it appears discounts started to appear June through July.
I still don't get how Panasonic or the seller justifies $900 price difference between 60 inch ST60 and 65 Inch, just mind boggling frown.gif
You figure if 65 inch will be around 2K or just below the 60 would be close to 1K no?

I saw the 65" VT50 going for about $2400 back in Feb. I waited too long and missed the boat on that model and price. Now I'm grateful that happened because the ST60 is looking to be a better TV than the VT50, and it will cost the same or less than that VT50 I was shooting for back in Feb. So I have concluded Panasonic is pricing the 65" ST60 where it is for 2 reasons.... first, price is same as what the VT50 was going for 2 months ago because the performance of the ST60 is no worse than a VT50. Second, the price for a 65" ST60 gets you to start considering the VT60 which is where Panasonic likely prefers you to go. And a third reason could be that 65" plasma in general is a "premium" size so you must pay a premium price to get it.

For me, I budgeted about $2500 for a 65" Panasonic plasma, which was going to be a VT50 but will now be a ST60 (lucky for me). So I'm fine with the price and not thinking of the difference compared to the 60 inch ST60.

eric3316 04-18-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

Despite their pricematch policy, I would't neccesarily count on BB doing so. Another user here already reported being turned down on an ST60 pm at BB (was one of the smaller models, to Sears price). YMMV, I suppose.
I believe that was because Sears did not show the item in stock. No company will price match a store that does not have stock on an item.

rvanderwerf 04-18-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

I believe that was because Sears did not show the item in stock. No company will price match a store that does not have stock on an item.

I ran into a situation where it was in stock earlier in the day, I did a screen cap, came to BB, then it was sold out. They told me I was good to go, then at the last second called sears 800#, said just went out of stock, no PM. I was pissed. I may just order the TCP65S60 for 1499, and return it when sears gets the 60ST60 back in stock. Maybe I'll end up liking the 65" better anyways!

fanbanlo 04-19-2013 03:57 PM

For Canadian:

TCP55ST60: $1,599 ($100 off if you recycle a TV) -> $1,499

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/panasonic-panasonic-viera-55-1080p-600hz-3d-plasma-smart-tv-tcp55st60-tcp55st60/10241933.aspx?path=8e526dbc75b875702624c49030548771en02

Johnny Bananas 04-19-2013 04:11 PM

65" ST60 is now listed on Sears and Paul's TV web sites. Paul's does not have in stock yet, but it's good to see it listed. If anyone finds a promo code from Paul's please post it!

duckflewy 04-21-2013 07:19 AM

I got the TC-P60ST60 for $1397, FS, No Tax, from ABT. Join their news letter for a 5% off code (thanks chicken) and get an additional 2% cash back from FatWallet. I was going to go the EPP route but tax added $80+.

rvanderwerf 04-23-2013 10:47 PM

BB has the 60ST60 now for 1499, so no more pricematch games necessary!

wirelessroute 04-24-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckflewy View Post

I got the TC-P60ST60 for $1397, FS, No Tax, from ABT. Join their news letter for a 5% off code (thanks chicken) and get an additional 2% cash back from FatWallet. I was going to go the EPP route but tax added $80+.

Apparently ABT won't price match and apply the coupon news letter coupon. I wanted the 65ST60 and had them price match it at $2199
What do you guys think will the 65 inch get much cheaper in next few months then $2199? Guy at Pauls tv told me something about price lock on Panasonic's (EPP) won't allow them to lower the price confused.gif

Johnny Bananas 04-24-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Apparently ABT won't price match and apply the coupon news letter coupon. I wanted the 65ST60 and had them price match it at $2199
What do you guys think will the 65 inch get much cheaper in next few months then $2199?

Where is the 65ST60 available for $2199 that you got Abt to price match?

Johnny Bananas 04-24-2013 03:26 PM

I plucked this off the ST60 owners thread...


Quote:
Originally Posted by noobhere View Post

http://www.abt.com/product/67592/Panasonic-TCP60ST60.html

Apply code "insure" to subtract $40 and it comes out to $1447. Free shipping and no tax in most states. Best deal I've found so far.

ThrowingChicken 04-24-2013 07:14 PM

Using the Newsletter promo takes off about $75. You need to do it through chat or phone, though.

johnnymg 04-24-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

I plucked this off the ST60 owners thread...

"insure" is no longer valid

johnnymg 04-25-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post

Using the Newsletter promo takes off about $75. You need to do it through chat or phone, though.

Thanks, the ABT Newsletter promo worked via chat/phone. I ordered the TCP55ST60 and looks like it will ship later today. smile.gif

wirelessroute 04-25-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

65" ST60 is now listed on Sears and Paul's TV web sites. Paul's does not have in stock yet, but it's good to see it listed. If anyone finds a promo code from Paul's please post it!

Think anyone can do better then $2199 shipped ? I was told Panasonic has strict pricing policy and its unlikely an authorized dealer will sell it allowed price.
Also Cleveland plasma owner said " There is no question, as are margins are paper thin.........." when someone asked him for deal.

I even looked back at GT50 and 65ST50 to see if there was abig dip in price. didn't see any until Black Friday and Jan of the following year.
These tv's are still selling for $2200-2300 range so I figured 2199 for new ST60 is not bad?

AdamHD 04-25-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Think anyone can do better then $2199 shipped ? I was told Panasonic has strict pricing policy and its unlikely an authorized dealer will sell it allowed price.
Also Cleveland plasma owner said " There is no question, as are margins are paper thin.........." when someone asked him for deal.

I even looked back at GT50 and 65ST50 to see if there was abig dip in price. didn't see any until Black Friday and Jan of the following year.
These tv's are still selling for $2200-2300 range so I figured 2199 for new ST60 is not bad?

$2151 at Alltimetvs.com with promo code link13

That's the cheapest I've seen so far. I've been following the pricing on the 65" since release. Been waiting for it to hit $2000. I may just bite the bullet and order it now though. Or just get the 60". The value proposition for the 60" is ridiculously good.

wirelessroute 04-25-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

$2151 at Alltimetvs.com with promo code link13

That's the cheapest I've seen so far. I've been following the pricing on the 65" since release. Been waiting for it to hit $2000. I may just bite the bullet and order it now though. Or just get the 60". The value proposition for the 60" is ridiculously good.

I agree the value of the 60 Inch is outstanding! Amazon has 60St60 it for $1499 shipped with free White glove 14 day price match and 30 day returns. Just awesome! Just be careful with Alltimetv's and eastcoasttv I'd read some negative things about up sales and hassles and they are also NOT Panasonic Authorized Consumer Electronics Retailers Here is the list for reference: http://www.panasonic.com/about/view-all-home-authorized-retailers.asp

I'd be very wary of buying from unauthorized retailer, should something happen to your $2K TV you don't want Panasonic to refuse repairs because you did not purchase from authorized retailer.

From Panasonic Website
Panasonic includes limited product warranties on its products, but only when the products are purchased from an Authorized Panasonic Retailer. Purchasing Panasonic products from non-authorized retailers can be problematic for you. You may be purchasing product that are counterfeit, used, defective or not designed to properly operate in the United States. We urge our customers to protect themselves by purchasing Panasonic products only from an Authorized Panasonic Retailer, or directly from Panasonic via our website.

AdamHD 04-25-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

I agree the value of the 60 Inch is outstanding! Amazon has 60St60 it for $1499 shipped with free White glove 14 day price match and 30 day returns. Just awesome! Just be careful with Alltimetv's and eastcoasttv I'd read some negative things about up sales and hassles and they are also NOT Panasonic Authorized Consumer Electronics Retailers Here is the list for reference: http://www.panasonic.com/about/view-all-home-authorized-retailers.asp

I'd be very wary of buying from unauthorized retailer, should something happen to your $2K TV you don't want Panasonic to refuse repairs because you did not purchase from authorized retailer.

From Panasonic Website
Panasonic includes limited product warranties on its products, but only when the products are purchased from an Authorized Panasonic Retailer. Purchasing Panasonic products from non-authorized retailers can be problematic for you. You may be purchasing product that are counterfeit, used, defective or not designed to properly operate in the United States. We urge our customers to protect themselves by purchasing Panasonic products only from an Authorized Panasonic Retailer, or directly from Panasonic via our website.

Good tip. I'd be wary of buying from those sites as well. Panasonic makes really high quality stuff, but I'd hate to have damage in transit, etc. I'm going to buy a 60" ST60 locally from Video Only. They have it for $1499 as well. Saw that you pulle the trigger on the 65". Congrats! Enjoy!

wirelessroute 04-25-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Good tip. I'd be wary of buying from those sites as well. Panasonic makes really high quality stuff, but I'd hate to have damage in transit, etc. I'm going to buy a 60" ST60 locally from Video Only. They have it for $1499 as well. Saw that you pulle the trigger on the 65". Congrats! Enjoy!

If Amazon doesn't charge you tax you may want to look at them and since they have free white glove delivery may save you a few bucks on delivery good luck

AdamHD 04-25-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

If Amazon doesn't charge you tax you may want to look at them and since they have free white glove delivery may save you a few bucks on delivery good luck
I live in WA State.....
I've always paid sales tax on Amazon frown.gif
Can't win em all. Haha

jh901 04-26-2013 06:23 AM

Is the Sears price of $1,500 on the 60" the best we can expect right now?

AKA 04-26-2013 08:53 AM

For a national B&M, probably so. You can get better pricing online (Abt has the same price but has a few different promo codes to bring the price down by $50-$75, on occasion).

I think once stores are well stocked, you may see prices drop a little more. However, I'm not certain I would count on it - they're already 200 off MSRP and it's still not widely available yet.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.