Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICLI View Post

Please advise as I can't pick the better deal:
1-New 60VT60 for $1599
or
2-Display 65VT60 w/550hrs, no burn-in. Only comes w/pedestal & No other accessories for $1399.

These r from 2 different authorized retailers & I won't be able to get a Squaretrade warranty on the 65" as they don't warranty open box unless it's from Amazon. However, my Visa CC will give me the additional year for both.

Thanks!

1400 is an absurdly good price if it truly has no burn in or other issues. Have you actually seen this TV in person and run the screen wipe or a white slide on it, because if you haven't and are going on some salesman's word for it you best get into the store NOW and check it out good before you lose the shot at the 60" NIB, which is also a great price right now. As with others, if the 65VT truely has no major burn in or other issues besides missing parts, go for that one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My story has a happy ending. I could not find a 60VT60 anywhere the past couple of weeks except from ridiculously overpriced Amazon third party vendors. However, I did manage to find an October build 65VT60 NIB for $2500 at a local store, a pretty decent deal. I am upgrading from a V10 58" and wife originally would not let me go for a bigger size set. But the lack of supply of 60Vt60's, rising cost, and explaining to her the set was only 4 inches wider and not much taller than old set I manged to change her mind. Thankfully, when the new set was delivered and positioned, first thing my wife said was, oh good, new set really is not much bigger. Wife Acceptance Factor achieved!

I was happy already with my V10 and I spent a little more than I wanted, but with the bigger size and vastly superior picture quality, it feels like it is all worth it.

My set was bought from Video Only in the SF Bay Area. Sorry to say, they have nothing more new in stock on ANY Panasonic plasma. They have display models on sale, but they all have really bad channel logo burn in.

Good luck to those still on the hunt.

Greg
post #2973 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Congrats!

post #2974 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by glauer View Post

My story has a happy ending. I could not find a 60VT60 anywhere the past couple of weeks except from ridiculously overpriced Amazon third party vendors. However, I did manage to find an October build 65VT60 NIB for $2500 at a local store, a pretty decent deal. I am upgrading from a V10 58" and wife originally would not let me go for a bigger size set. But the lack of supply of 60Vt60's, rising cost, and explaining to her the set was only 4 inches wider and not much taller than old set I manged to change her mind. Thankfully, when the new set was delivered and positioned, first thing my wife said was, oh good, new set really is not much bigger. Wife Acceptance Factor achieved!

I was happy already with my V10 and I spent a little more than I wanted, but with the bigger size and vastly superior picture quality, it feels like it is all worth it.

My set was bought from Video Only in the SF Bay Area. Sorry to say, they have nothing more new in stock on ANY Panasonic plasma. They have display models on sale, but they all have really bad channel logo burn in.

I'm in the market for a Panny plasma. On my lunch today, popped over to Video Only in Dublin.

IR is really bad, due to the constant ESPN feed.

Is there a way to get rid of this completely?
post #2975 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 03:49 PM

Not easy to get rid of burn in. You are better luck trying elsewhere. Have you tried looking at Best Buys clearance/open-box inventory? There was a 60VT60 Open Box Genius Certified (apparantly customer return) in the Sunnyvale store a couple of days ago. I was about to check that out just before stumbling across the 65". You might check if there is something available closer to your area.

Greg
post #2976 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalJason View Post

I'm in the market for a Panny plasma. On my lunch today, popped over to Video Only in Dublin.

IR is really bad, due to the constant ESPN feed.

Is there a way to get rid of this completely?

You have any Pacific Sales in your area? They may have a few units left.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #2977 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by glauer View Post

Congrats! I had a 58V10 a few years ago. Sold it when I moved, regretted it every day since... ZT comes this weekend!
glauer likes this.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #2978 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Congrats! I had a 58V10 a few years ago. Sold it when I moved, regretted it every day since... ZT comes this weekend!

Sweet, I'm sure you will love the ZT!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my v10. It's a great set so I am going to try and squeeze it into my office, but afraid that will be a little ridiculous viewing from only about 3' distance. I will probably have to craigslist it.

Greg
post #2979 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

just an FYI for anyone in Ohio, or if you have an HHGREGG near you. they have some 60 and 65vt left not many most display or open box also some S as well. I was in a local one (I live in Dayton) and I was looking at some home theater seating to see what they had and looked at the TV's as well. I asked about the 65vt they had to see what the lowest they would take. guy stated he could sell it to me for $2000 along with a 5 year warranty included. I was really close to getting it ,but I just couldn't justify it with my 57 inch crt hdtv still going strong and looking great. anyway I thought I would give anyone still looking a heads up. you will have to call to make sure an hhgregg in you area still has them they don't list them on the website. all 4 stores in my area have a couple left. hope this helps someone good luck
post #2980 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Well my two days of love for the 65vt60 is over and the amazon wear house deal was to good to be true. The TV freaked out a few times were the screen was messed up and the left side of the TV was making a loin buzzing sound. It did this for about 45 seconds and the shut off. It restarted with an error message. Anyone have any ideas before I box it up.[IMG]

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #2981 of 3322 Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 PM

Here's the other picture

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #2982 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 AM

I had something similar happen to my floor model, thought it was going to blow up lol. Sound was still fine but I had lines like on yours but only on the edges of each side of the screen and they would scroll across it while making a clicking noise. I shut it off immediately! I thought it was toast...

Later that day I unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in and it's been fine for the last two days since. I finally got in a chat with Panasonic service before I plugged it back in and they told me during the chat but after I plugged back in and turned it on to run a "TV Self-test" on it to see what the problem is. Go to help in the menu and then click on it and see if it tells you anything before you do the unplug reset.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

post #2983 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post

I just received my Amazon Warehouse Deals 65" VT60 that I ordered last week today. Mine was a 'Very Good - Pristine Condition - All Accessories' listing. I can't argue with the description as it is flawless! Forgot to check the build date, but it has 154 hours and no discernible scratches, dead pixels, or imperfections of any kind. It was still in the original box, with all packaging, so I'm not sure what the story behind mine was but I am thrilled. It's a big upgrade from my 2009 50" Panny G15.

Earlier today I placed an order for one with the exact same "Very Good-Pristine Condition". There were actually three available as 'in stock' when I purchased. It didn't take long for them to disappear.

Sure hope I end up as thrilled as you.
post #2984 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM

Liked: 25
Amazon Warehouse has one 'Used - Very Good' 65VT60 available for $2,210.

Condition is described as : Item is in original packaging, but packaging may come damaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged.

I order one a few minutes ago, and there is still one left.
post #2985 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
I've seen the Amazon Warehouse availability go from "in stock", as when I ordered mine, to what I often see "Back-ordered. Due in stock (insert whatever date you want) -- order now to reserve yours"

So. How do they know they will have stock in the near future?
post #2986 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

I had something similar happen to my floor model, thought it was going to blow up lol. Sound was still fine but I had lines like on yours but only on the edges of each side of the screen and they would scroll across it while making a clicking noise. I shut it off immediately! I thought it was toast...

Later that day I unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in and it's been fine for the last two days since. I finally got in a chat with Panasonic service before I plugged it back in and they told me during the chat but after I plugged back in and turned it on to run a "TV Self-test" on it to see what the problem is. Go to help in the menu and then click on it and see if it tells you anything before you do the unplug reset.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. My sound from the TV was also fine except that very nasty buzzing noise. I did the self test but it never found any issues. It did it about five times last night. It would work fine and the picture was great up until the freak out. I tried changing HDMI inputs and even the source of content I was viewing, but it did not help. I just now turn the TV on so ill see if it happens again.

post #2987 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Anyone know of a 60vt60 that's available?
post #2988 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post

Try Value Electronic or Cleveland Plasma.
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #2989 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Thanks for the reply. My sound from the TV was also fine except that very nasty buzzing noise. I did the self test but it never found any issues. It did it about five times last night. It would work fine and the picture was great up until the freak out. I tried changing HDMI inputs and even the source of content I was viewing, but it did not help. I just now turn the TV on so ill see if it happens again.

Did you unplug it first and let it sit a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it back on? This is an important step to reset the TV.
post #2990 of 3322 Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post

Where are you located?
post #2991 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Did you unplug it first and let it sit a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it back on? This is an important step to reset the TV.
I did but it didn't help. Even tried a full reset.

post #2992 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Liked: 26
Purchased a 65ZT60 for $2800 from Best Buy. Returned after I purchased a 65VT60 for $1999 from Amazon. Until it arrived with a cracked screen!

After weeks of searching Best Buy open box. (Learning that their rating system means nothing. Genius certified with missing stands etc) I finally found a 60VT60 200 miles away. They Best was not a Magnolia store so they would not ship it. Got corporate involved and the District Manager made it happen! Shipped it out to my local Best Buy. Just went in last night. Had them power it up. Screen looked good. Will do a more thorough check at home. 279 hours on the panel! It is a July build, but at this point slim pickings.

60VT60 for $1475 + tax and delivery. Only missing 1 3D glass. $25 BB gift card for my earlier troubles trying to purchase. And $100 Amazon store credit for my cracked television which I refused. Makes it a $1350 + tax purchase.

Keep trying BB open box and email your corporate district manager!
post #2993 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Sorry it didn't help man, that sucks!

post #2994 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Have you considered calling Panasonic for warranty help? It sounds like it's a board/electronics issue and not a panel issue so it may not be too difficult to fix. If you really like the set, I'd explore that route first before returning it.
CatchersDad likes this.
post #2995 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticpuma View Post

Have you considered calling Panasonic for warranty help? It sounds like it's a board/electronics issue and not a panel issue so it may not be too difficult to fix. If you really like the set, I'd explore that route first before returning it.

I agree, unless you can get them to ship you another one. I would tell them you want them to ship you another one and if that one arrives in good shape the shipper can take the bad one at that time. In the meantime I would call Panasonic and have them set it up to be serviced as well as see what Amazon is willing to give you back for your troubles if you keep it instead of making them go through all of that. My guess is that should be worth at least $300 to them.

post #2996 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Wow, so I posted my 65VT60 on craigslist and the very first response was a scam. They tried to get me with one of the paypal scams and it looks quite convincing. Just a reminder to be careful if anyone sells or buys a deal on craigslist. Look up all latest scams first.
post #2997 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 09:13 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveralone777 View Post

Wow, so I posted my 65VT60 on craigslist and the very first response was a scam. They tried to get me with one of the paypal scams and it looks quite convincing. Just a reminder to be careful if anyone sells or buys a deal on craigslist. Look up all latest scams first.

What was the scam?
post #2998 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post

What was the scam?

It was a very polite women who was emailing me. She said she was going to send her mover to pick it up and was ready to send me money via paypal. Basically they will send you several fake paypal emails to get your information and if that doesn't work they will actually give pay for the item, pick it up and make a claim to paypal saying they never received an item. Paypal favors buyers and they would win. There was a little more involved but the second I mentioned paypal was not safe with craigslist I never heard back.
post #2999 of 3322 Old 02-09-2014, 10:10 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveralone777 View Post

It was a very polite women who was emailing me. She said she was going to send her mover to pick it up and was ready to send me money via paypal. Basically they will send you several fake paypal emails to get your information and if that doesn't work they will actually give pay for the item, pick it up and make a claim to paypal saying they never received an item. Paypal favors buyers and they would win. There was a little more involved but the second I mentioned paypal was not safe with craigslist I never heard back.

So then any PayPal transaction could be a scam since all the buyer has to do is say they never received the item. Even if the seller sends it with tracking and delivery confirmation the buyer could say that nothing was in the box. He said/she said.
post #3000 of 3322 Old 02-10-2014, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 531
That is an old scam been around for at least 5 years. Craigslist is a scary propostion at best, you are much better of posting on Ebay with local pickup only imo

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page