Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 103 - AVS Forum
First ... 101  102  103 104  105  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Panasonic VT60 Deals...
Playdrv4me's Avatar Playdrv4me 02:21 PM 02-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Why would you feel bad for people who paid more for a ZT? They have the best TV ever made. Trust me they don't need your pitty.

I saw this and had to LOL as well. Especially since I paid less than most paid for their VT60s and prefer the ZT by at least 2 to 1 after having owned 2 VTs in different sizes... But to each his own...

HDTVAV's Avatar HDTVAV 06:38 PM 02-16-2014

Has this thread ceased to be a "VT60 Deals" thread...?

HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 07:46 PM 02-16-2014

Went out Panasonic plasma hunting today!!! Need your advice please...Which of these floor models would you recommend buying based on value (performance to cost):

65" ZT60  $2,300  (2,875 hours)

60" ST60  $1,200  (2,030 hours)

60" VT60  $1,100  (3,440 hours)

60" ST60  $   800  (3,495 hours)

I have it in order of what I think is the best value and what I am leaning on purchasing.  I like the 65" ZT60 cause its has the size and picture quality!  I like the 60" ST60 cause of the lowest hours and has the value factor.

Please help make an educated decision.  Thank you

Turlen's Avatar Turlen 08:01 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPolkMe View Post

Went out Panasonic plasma hunting today!!! Need your advice please...Which of these floor models would you recommend buying based on value (performance to cost):

I have it in order of what I think is the best value and what I am leaning on purchasing.  I like the 65" ZT60 cause its has the size and picture quality!  I like the 60" ST60 cause of the lowest hours and has the value factor.

Nobody can give you an exact answer because it really depends on if any of them have burn-in or image retention. If you do any gaming or plan to do any gaming, I would immediately discount the ST and go with a VT or ZT.

I'd probably consider the 60" VT60 @ $1,100 if there is no burn-in. You could then spend the extra money on speakers (go 2.1 or 3.1), bias lighting (cinema quest), etc. 5" inches for an extra $1,200 seems like a steep price increase with little increase in visual benefit over the VT.
HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 08:13 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlen View Post

Nobody can give you an exact answer because it really depends on if any of them have burn-in or image retention. If you do any gaming or plan to do any gaming, I would immediately discount the ST and go with a VT or ZT.

I'd probably consider the 60" VT60 @ $1,100 if there is no burn-in. You could then spend the extra money on speakers (go 2.1 or 3.1), bias lighting (cinema quest), etc. 5" inches for an extra $1,200 seems like a steep price increase with little increase in visual benefit over the VT.

Thanks Turlen.  You read my mind...I actually have a 2.0 setup with RTIA9s and was wanting to add center and rear speakers.  regarding the VT60, is the hours nothing to worry about?

Turlen's Avatar Turlen 08:16 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:

Thanks Turlen.  You read my mind...I actually have a 2.0 setup with RTIA9s and was wanting to add center and rear speakers.  regarding the VT60, is the hours nothing to worry about?

The difference between 600 hours is nothing. Panasonic's website states that a plasma panel will last 100k hours before reaching 50% brightness reduction. You can do the math. wink.gif
PDSway's Avatar PDSway 09:02 AM 02-17-2014
Just chiming in with another Amazon open-box failure...

Ordered 60" VT60, Amazon Warehouse listed as "Very Good", everything pristine, original packaging, $1970...

Shipped via CEVA originating from Spartanburg, SC (an Amazon warehouse).

CEVA finally came (some delays), got the tv in the house, packaging was original and intact.

Removed the thin foam cover from the screen, turned on the flash light, instantly showed huge fractures in the glass, right side of screen.

I didn't need to see any more, refused delivery, helped driver load back on truck (yes, 1 guy with a truck full of tv's).

VERY dissapointing so beware of Amazon Warehouse and/or CEVA. IMHO I suspect Amazon of shipping another bad tv which (to me) is inconceivable/unforgiveable that anyone could be that incompetent but after reading this thread, I really wonder if Amazon does anything other than inspecting the packaging then shipping back out. Also note they are constantly raising the price of these open-box items.
Mr. Biggles's Avatar Mr. Biggles 09:49 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSway View Post

Just chiming in with another Amazon open-box failure...

Ordered 60" VT60, Amazon Warehouse listed as "Very Good", everything pristine, original packaging, $1970...

Shipped via CEVA originating from Spartanburg, SC (an Amazon warehouse).

CEVA finally came (some delays), got the tv in the house, packaging was original and intact.

Removed the thin foam cover from the screen, turned on the flash light, instantly showed huge fractures in the glass, right side of screen.

I didn't need to see any more, refused delivery, helped driver load back on truck (yes, 1 guy with a truck full of tv's).

VERY dissapointing so beware of Amazon Warehouse and/or CEVA. IMHO I suspect Amazon of shipping another bad tv which (to me) is inconceivable/unforgiveable that anyone could be that incompetent but after reading this thread, I really wonder if Amazon does anything other than inspecting the packaging then shipping back out. Also note they are constantly raising the price of these open-box items.

Same thing for my highly anticipated 65" VT that arrived this morning......broken screen. Amazon Warehouse deal also, but not in original packaging. As soon as I saw the package in the back of the van, I just knew the outcome.
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 10:15 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biggles View Post

Same thing for my highly anticipated 65" VT that arrived this morning......broken screen. Amazon Warehouse deal also, but not in original packaging. As soon as I saw the package in the back of the van, I just knew the outcome.
Sorry to hear that. All I can say is welcome to the club. I have given up on those Amazon warehouse TVs. What sucks is I had received a really really sweet deal because of the inconvenience.
Mr. Biggles's Avatar Mr. Biggles 10:30 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdJags View Post

Sorry to hear that. All I can say is welcome to the club. I have given up on those Amazon warehouse TVs. What sucks is I had received a really really sweet deal because of the inconvenience.

LOL....Not really the club I wanted to be part of.

The P54G25 is back on it's mount.

Reminder to myself.....be wary of Amazon Warehouse deals in future.
Dean-NC's Avatar Dean-NC 11:15 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biggles View Post

I feel bad about everyone who's had one delivered damaged.  I've got a 55" VT60 Amazon warehouse deal (listed as "Very Good" pristine) scheduled to arrive Wed. from CEVA (also from Spartanburg, SC).  I'll post the result here.  I've already called CEVA and mentioned that I'm in no hurry to receive it, and that I'm much more concerned about it arriving safely without being damaged...than I am about it being on-time.

Mr. Biggles, just curious...what was it about seeing it in the van that made you know the outcome?  Was it because it wasn't positioned snug to keep it from bouncing all around?

It's definitely a mystery about whether they're being shipped from Amazon already cracked, or they're damaged by the carrier.  Unless the box is held snuggly in place in the carrier's vehicle, there's a good chance it's due to that.

Mr. Biggles's Avatar Mr. Biggles 11:32 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-NC View Post

Mr. Biggles, just curious...what was it about seeing it in the van that made you know the outcome?  Was it because it wasn't positioned snug to keep it from bouncing all around?

He had it the van secure and all, but the box wasn't original, the end lift handle was torn and the bottom corner on that same side was damp and crushed. Probably also not a coincidence that the crack in the glass was also on that same side.
rlb4's Avatar rlb4 11:55 AM 02-17-2014
My new 65VT60 was delivered by Ceva and the box was standing vertically on its side. Luckily there was no damage.
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 12:56 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSway View Post

Also note they are constantly raising the price of these open-box items.
They really are going up in price. Panasonic TC-P65VT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Discontinued by Manufacturer) has increased from $2,207.88 to $2,294.22
HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 04:17 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:

I just found a display 65" VT60 for $2000 with 3,350 hours.  Would you then consider that instead?

vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 04:27 PM 02-17-2014
The ZT with fewer hours for only $300 more would still be my choice, assuming no uniformity problems or signs of uneven wear.
Spock1234's Avatar Spock1234 05:02 PM 02-17-2014
Two good 65VT60s available from Amazon:

$2,294.22 - Used, Very Good (Item is in original packaging, but packaging may come damaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged).

$2,294.22 - Used, Very Good (Item will come repackaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged).
CatchersDad's Avatar CatchersDad 05:19 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-NC View Post

I feel bad about everyone who's had one delivered damaged.  I've got a 55" VT60 Amazon warehouse deal (listed as "Very Good" pristine) scheduled to arrive Wed. from CEVA (also from Spartanburg, SC).  I'll post the result here.  I've already called CEVA and mentioned that I'm in no hurry to receive it, and that I'm much more concerned about it arriving safely without being damaged...than I am about it being on-time.

It's definitely a mystery about whether they're being shipped from Amazon already cracked, or they're damaged by the carrier.  Unless the box is held snuggly in place in the carrier's vehicle, there's a good chance it's due to that.

Same here, just praying my NIB 65VT makes it cross country to my local BB from CA via PILOT and then to my house in pristine condition. Certainly not getting my hopes up after hearing all of these horror stories.

Schwa's Avatar Schwa 06:11 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Same here, just praying my NIB 65VT makes it cross country to my local BB from CA via PILOT and then to my house in pristine condition. Certainly not getting my hopes up after hearing all of these horror stories.
Another one? Don't you already have something like five 2014 Panasonic plasmas? I just don't understand what might compel someone to hoard these things.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 06:47 PM 02-17-2014
The impending LCD-apocalypse? tongue.gif
chi_hawks_23's Avatar chi_hawks_23 07:20 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

Another one? Don't you already have something like five 2014 Panasonic plasmas? I just don't understand what might compel someone to hoard these things.

Go look at the classifieds and you'll find out why.
Schwa's Avatar Schwa 08:05 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23 View Post

Go look at the classifieds and you'll find out why.
Huh? Besides the fact that some people are dreaming with the prices they're asking, I'm not sure what you're implying. I didn't see CatchersDad selling any.
CatchersDad's Avatar CatchersDad 08:24 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Actually, I don't have any 2014 Panasonic plasmas, wish I did, they must really be awesome!

HDTVAV's Avatar HDTVAV 08:57 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Huh? Besides the fact that some people are dreaming with the prices they're asking, I'm not sure what you're implying. I didn't see CatchersDad selling any.

LOL, then you aren't looking in the right place...

:)

DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 09:26 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

Two good 65VT60s available from Amazon:

$2,294.22 - Used, Very Good (Item is in original packaging, but packaging may come damaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged).

$2,294.22 - Used, Very Good (Item will come repackaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged).
That's the condition mine was said to be in. When I received it that was a different story.
JackDiesel14's Avatar JackDiesel14 10:37 PM 02-17-2014
So I found a deal through the Amazon third-party for a brand new, unopened 65" VT60 for $1640 (shipping included) but the you had to email the seller (through gmail). I was curious so I went ahead emailed her. So I guess she got it on a promotional offer after the holidays and the shipping is standard UPS. She wants my phone number, full name and shipping address and she'll contact Amazon to process my order. 21 day return and full money back. So I'm not sure if this falls under Amazon's A to Z guarantee and the shipping sounds like it could be a problem since it's UPS Ground. I also work offshore and probably won't be back home for a week or two to accept delivery and make sure it's in good condition.

Has anyone ever seen these kind of sellers on Amazon and are they legit?
Spock1234's Avatar Spock1234 10:42 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDiesel14 View Post

So I found a deal through the Amazon third-party for a brand new, unopened 65" VT60 for $1640 (shipping included) but the you had to email the seller (through gmail). I was curious so I went ahead emailed her. So I guess she got it on a promotional offer after the holidays and the shipping is standard UPS. She wants my phone number, full name and shipping address and she'll contact Amazon to process my order. 21 day return and full money back. So I'm not sure if this falls under Amazon's A to Z guarantee and the shipping sounds like it could be a problem since it's UPS Ground. I also work offshore and probably won't be back home for a week or two to accept delivery and make sure it's in good condition.

Has anyone ever seen these kind of sellers on Amazon and are they legit?

This is a scam. Stay away.
JackDiesel14's Avatar JackDiesel14 10:49 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

This is a scam. Stay away.

Figured. Thanks for the 2nd opinion.
jugger's Avatar jugger 07:09 AM 02-18-2014
Call me stupid but I'm returning my pristine amazon deal and trying again with another pristine 65vt60. I have fallen in love with its picture and won't give up. At this point I don't feel bad for amazon for wasting money on shipping these things all around the country. All I have invested is time and heartbreak.
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 08:56 AM 02-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Call me stupid but I'm returning my pristine amazon deal and trying again with another pristine 65vt60. I have fallen in love with its picture and won't give up. At this point I don't feel bad for amazon for wasting money on shipping these things all around the country. All I have invested is time and heartbreak.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
Tags: Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
First ... 101  102  103 104  105  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop