Forum Jump: 

post #3151 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Call me stupid but I'm returning my pristine amazon deal and trying again with another pristine 65vt60. I have fallen in love with its picture and won't give up. At this point I don't feel bad for amazon for wasting money on shipping these things all around the country. All I have invested is time and heartbreak.

The second Pristine TV showed up and it was in great condition and to my surprise it only had 19 hours on it. So far so good and at this point I have a bit more faith in Amazon.
KFBR392 likes this.

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41

Good news, congrats on not settling! 

post #3153 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Neither one of my TVs fan's have been loud enough for me to hear other than on power ups.

Can anyone comment on how hot the backside of the TV gets? If mine is on for more than 2 hours, I can find certain spots on both the left and right side that I cannot keep my hand on because it is so to hot. That is concerning to me since I feel like I have a high tolerance for high temps. But I have to wonder how hot the components are inside the unit.

I haven't had issues with fan noise on my 60VT or 65VT and I'm pretty sure both have build dates from before the fix. If your TV is getting that hot I would be concerned. Mine barely get warm and the 65" stays on nearly 24 hrs a day. Is yours wall mounted or have a heat source near it?

post #3154 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
It's wall mounted and there is no heat source next to it. It's in the basement where it is been cold here in Colorado. The other TV was identical temperature to the touch as well; this made me think it was normal.

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #3155 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

The second Pristine TV showed up and it was in great condition and to my surprise it only had 19 hours on it. So far so good and at this point I have a bit more faith in Amazon.
Great for you! Now they will ship your returned TV to someone else. I have no confidence in Amazon as I have received two cracked screen TVs from them. Had another one canceled. On top of that they no longer want to honor a discount they promised me because of the inconvenience of receiving these TVs with cracked screens.
post #3156 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdJags View Post

Great for you! Now they will ship your returned TV to someone else. I have no confidence in Amazon as I have received two cracked screen TVs from them. Had another one canceled. On top of that they no longer want to honor a discount they promised me because of the inconvenience of receiving these TVs with cracked screens.

That's sickening.
post #3157 of 3326 Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:

Neither one of my TVs fan's have been loud enough for me to hear other than on power ups.

Can anyone comment on how hot the backside of the TV gets? If mine is on for more than 2 hours, I can find certain spots on both the left and right side that I cannot keep my hand on because it is so to hot. That is concerning to me since I feel like I have a high tolerance for high temps. But I have to wonder how hot the components are inside the unit.
I felt a few different spots on the back of my TV and the "hottest" areas seem to be right around where the fans are. However, I put "hottest" in quotes because those areas are only marginally warm...they're no where near hot enough to hurt -- I could leave my hand there for hours if I were so inclined.

I have a 65VT60 with a DIY fan kit installed.
post #3158 of 3326 Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-NC View Post

My Amazon warehouse deal arrived (55" VT60).  Amazingly the screen/glass was OK and is 95% flawless.  The only damages are: corners of the bottom acrylic trim are broken off, and in the back below the inputs...looks like it backed into something (dented).  The hours showing in both the adj. menu and Status4 were ZERO...which I find odd.

I'm quite disappointed in the picture quality compared to my 50" ST60 (which I really like).  It's definitely dimmer than the ST60, but my major concern is that it's quite a bit less sharp than my ST60.  I realize it's "out of the box" and not calibrated, so I know it has much potential, but I'm worried about the soft/blurryness.  It looks a little like low-res content being scaled.  I simply took down my ST60 and used the same cables (Dish receiver/BD player)...so it's not a source/cable issue.

My ST60 settings:
Approx. 260 hours.  Using Custom-mode (with some minor WB calibration settings done by me), contrast around 50, sharpness around 30.  I did notice that around 240 hours that it started to look even better with no changes by me.

The VT60 settings:
Just to be sure, I downloaded latest firmware then did a factory reset, no other changes.  All the modes (THX cinema, custom, etc.) all have the same sharpness problem. Since I've never seen a VT60 in person before, I don't have anything to go on.  I've called Panasonic numerous times and they said it would get better over time as the colors break in, but I find it hard to believe the sharpness would change that much.

Can anyone who owns both or has looked at both (ST / VT) say if this is normal??  I didn't know the VT had a glass-like front compared to the ST (which to me looks more like a LED TV).  Maybe the glass on the VT just makes things less sharp.

Panasonic said if a repair person evaluates it and determines it has a faulty part, that it would be covered (free).  I'm trying to find someone to get, and most importantly who can tell me right away if this is normal for the VT.

I'm guessing you did not turn off overscan...
post #3159 of 3326 Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

October build here. I can clearly hear fan noise during soft dialogue and right near the fans it is too hot to keep your hand on. I was wondering if that's normal myself. Seems too hot.
post #3160 of 3326 Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdJags View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post

That's sickening.

Yeah, I got a DOA pcie card from Newegg recently and suspected that it had once been returned also. So, I hid a little note detailing my problem with the defective card inside the packaging incase they tried to recycle it.

A whole frickin' TV is on another level.

Pioneer PDP-5071HD, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Denon 3311CI, Oppo BDP-93, Emotiva XPA-5, Definitive Mythos ST, Mythos 8, Gem XL, SVS SB-13 Ultra
post #3161 of 3326 Old 03-01-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
just picked up demo of 65vt60 at PC Richard and son..1800 is best I could get them to do..being delivered tonight!!....just could not pull the trigger on a Samsung plasma..so I checked this tv over and played with it for 3 hours and decided to make a deal biggrin.gif
post #3162 of 3326 Old 03-01-2014, 07:29 PM

I found a floor model 65VT60 with ~3000 hours and very slight IR/burn-in for $1800. They'll probably keep dropping the price by 10% every week until someone bites. What do you think is a fair price to pick this up for? Also, does the Panasonic manufacturer warranty apply in full on floor models (eg. 1 year from the date I buy it, even though it already has 3000 hours)? It doesn't have the fan noise fix, and I'm wondering if Panny will come out to my house to install the foam.

Thanks for the advice!
post #3163 of 3326 Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 PM

Liked: 99
Don't buy that...most likely going to break. Just wait man seriously cuz the 2013 models are full of issues that should be a class action lawsuit.
post #3164 of 3326 Old 03-01-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Good to hear man! Shouldn't have any issues with that. Geek Squad delivery is pretty decent. And I'm not just saying that because I work there!smile.gif

You're not going to believe this! After all of the precautions and the thing making it all the way from CA to my local store in perfect shape, me going to the store and checking it before worrying about local delivery, discussing how important it was to make sure it is set only on it's bottom, how many of these things are being broken, blah, blah, blah, them telling me they have great delivery guys, etc, etc. don't worry. A delivery guy right there in the conversation saying he would love to have the TV and agreeing how important it is to have them standing up and properly secured....me telling them I don't care if it takes a week or two all I care about is it gets to my house in the condition it's in right now.

I'm finally told 2 days ago it will be delivered today between 2-4. I tell them it will have to be very close to 2 because I have a big college basketball game I'm going to this afternoon and will be gone after 3. No TV before 3:30 so I get my wife to take me to the game and tell her she will have to hurry back in case they come. We get about 5 mi down the road and I get a call, "we're here".

We turn around and go back and there's a little red pickup sitting in front of my house and I can't see a TV sitting up in the bed so I look up the sidewalk thinking they must have already unloaded it. Nope. I get out of the car and say those TVs better not be laying down in there! Yes, there was supposed to be a 60VT in there too. "Oh it will be fine, I delivered my own this way".

All I will say is I blew a freakin' gasket and have been too scared to open it since I got back from the game. Don't want to ruin the night after a great win over a top ten team so I'm praying and waiting until tomorrow to look at it.

Thank God they didn't go get the 60" from the other store and throw that one on top of the 65!

post #3165 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersOnBottom View Post

I found a floor model 65VT60 with ~3000 hours and very slight IR/burn-in for $1800. They'll probably keep dropping the price by 10% every week until someone bites. What do you think is a fair price to pick this up for? Also, does the Panasonic manufacturer warranty apply in full on floor models (eg. 1 year from the date I buy it, even though it already has 3000 hours)? It doesn't have the fan noise fix, and I'm wondering if Panny will come out to my house to install the foam.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm not sure about the warranty, but I would jump on that deal. The IR will go away after some viewing - may take a couple of months.

fdsfds
post #3166 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Don't buy that...most likely going to break. Just wait man seriously cuz the 2013 models are full of issues that should be a class action lawsuit.

I've read through all the threads on the ZT and VT's and have come across very few reports of serious problems. So I'm curious, what issues are you referring to?

fdsfds
post #3167 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post

I'm not sure about the warranty, but I would jump on that deal. The IR will go away after some viewing - may take a couple of months.
No guarantee's that the IR will go away. Really depends if it is IR or burn-in. If it truly is IR and has the ability to disappear, depending how bad it can take longer then a couple of months. No one will know the answer to this. It could even take a week. No way to tell until you attack it.

Quote:

I've read through all the threads on the ZT and VT's and have come across very few reports of serious problems. So I'm curious, what issues are you referring to?
Absolutely no problems with the VT60. There have been no major concerns with this model at all!

As for the ZT60, their is a cracking issue due to the fan fix and the tech putting the panel back together wrong. Makes sense though. If you do not put something back together correctly it can break. I don't think I would call that a defect. If you take a wheel off a car and put it back incorrectly your wheel can fall off. Would you say the car is defective?

The other issue he is referring to is the front glass slightly lifting off the panel in the corner. If the rest of the glass is intact and bonded together, just a slight corner lift will not effect anything and I have not seen anyone post regarding this issue and is having any effect on the actual TV and it's picture.
post #3168 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:47 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

just picked up demo of 65vt60 at PC Richard and son..1800 is best I could get them to do..being delivered tonight!!....just could not pull the trigger on a Samsung plasma..so I checked this tv over and played with it for 3 hours and decided to make a deal biggrin.gif

Cool, I am glad that you were able to secure one.

Mandar
post #3169 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersOnBottom View Post

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, if it's from an authorized dealer it comes with the full manufacturers warranty from the date of purchase. Sounds like an excellent deal.
post #3170 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manshri View Post

Cool, I am glad that you were able to secure one.

thanks..came about 9pm and they set it up for me...made a few quick tweaks and damn..I was floored by the video quality....I will be doing some more tweaking today but it looks so great already......Funny..Best Buy called me to arrange the delivery of the ZT60 for Monday...the one they said arrived "cracked"..there were no manager's notes to indicate that or that the sale was cancelled....I had inspected the tv after we opened the box and had seen nothing so I think something fishy was definitely going on at that store and with that manager. Any way..my buddy at PC Richard who I always send customers to, helped me secure the Vt demo and all is well.
post #3171 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:

OK, now you're just out of control.

You better bring some statistical evidence for all these "issues" and share your data to make a class action lawsuit case.

People have been nice to you, but you need help. If you are getting help, which is no one's business, you need to step back away from your quest for the perfectly engineered and manufactured display because its not good for you.

It's just a TV, man!

Pioneer PDP-5071HD, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Denon 3311CI, Oppo BDP-93, Emotiva XPA-5, Definitive Mythos ST, Mythos 8, Gem XL, SVS SB-13 Ultra
post #3172 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Praise the Lord! It must have been laying on it's back because she is pristine! 

post #3173 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Liked: 26
Congrats! It's been a long time coming smile.gif
post #3174 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 01:01 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

Please, Please, stop posting!
CatchersDad likes this.
post #3175 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:

What, you mean all the specks and dust and dents and scratches only seen with a 2000 watt halogen light and a magnifying glass? Or the green lines and dithering and non-uniformity and DSE that you can only see when you're six inches from the screen and viewing still test patterns?

You're certifiable. rolleyes.gif
CatchersDad likes this.
post #3176 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
For the record, I can see DSE on horizontal pans from 10 feet out on my ZT. wink.gif I'm excited to eventually get a set that doesn't have it (Pioneer included).
post #3177 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johdtv View Post

Congrats! It's been a long time coming smile.gif

Yes it has and I've got to tell you I was sweating bullets over this thing. I was so worried over it, it finally took my wife asking me after lunch today if I was going to open and check it. :)

One down one to go. Since they didn't deliver the 60VT from MN like they were supposed to from the other local store, I called that other store this morning and they could find no record of it. I ended up having to email my invoice from the MN store to the girl I was talking to for her to believe me. She then called the store manager I told her knew something about it and he told her the other store was supposed to deliver it and it wasn't their responsibility. After telling her the whole story over again and reminding her I had paid 150$ extra to have it shipped and delivered to me, and ultimately it wasn't the other store's responsibility because they had nothing to do with the sale, she finally caught on, I think, and said she would call me back tonight or tomorrow with a delivery date.

Told her all I care about is it gets here in pristine condition and there was no huge rush. She seemed to be well aware these things aren't to be laid down flat, much less shipped/delivered that way so I asked her to PLEASE put a big sign on it written with a red magic marker that says, "DO NOT LAY THIS TV DOWN FLAT!".  She chuckled and agreed to do it. We'll see...

post #3178 of 3326 Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:

PLEASE don't encourage him/her!  ;)

post #3179 of 3326 Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM

I just got my 55VT60 last week.

I started looking for a replacement for my aging ProScan 36", as I finally had an excuse to replace it.  The power protection circuit was acting a bit "touchy" and would cycle the unit but not always fully power it up.  I bought that unit in Dec. of '99 from Pacific Sales in Torrance, CA. from Peter.

I decided to go into Pacific Sales and see what kind of pricess they had as I did get a real good deal many moons ago on on the ProScan. Armed with some internet prices I made my way in and wouldn't ya know it, Peter is still there.  I ended up getting the 55VT60 for $1499 with free delivery and haul-away of the ProScan. 

Got the digital cable box going and am hooked on the HD and wondering why I waited so long???  They had four 55VT60's in stock after I got mine and also had an 55" ST floor model for ~$1,150 as I recall.

I'm ordering an Oppo BDP-103 tonight and will use the boards to get some info on dialing the VT in just right!!!

Hop

post #3180 of 3326 Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Nice purchase. I bet that a big upgrade. You'll be happy for sure.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page