Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went to BB yesterday. They price matched Paul's TV for 2399.99 for a 65VT60. No problem getting the price match. Expected delivery is on Friday. Used Autumn31 for the Paul's code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern43 View Post

Went to BB yesterday. They price matched Paul's TV for 2399.99 for a 65VT60. No problem getting the price match. Expected delivery is on Friday. Used Autumn31 for the Paul's code.
Sweet.....
post #723 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

Hi bern43, congrats.

Curious, did BB price match the price as is or added tax on top of 2399.99?
post #724 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi bern43, congrats.

Curious, did BB price match the price as is or added tax on top of 2399.99?

Added tax on top of it. Was around 150. Even with the tax I'm still happy with the price.
post #725 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 PM

About BB price matching. Check out my previous post on this topic (page 23). I did not want to spend too much time "working" with them, since Paul's TV was literally across the street. However, for special promotions and sales like this BB said their policy does not allow to price match. they can only match advertised prices.
post #726 of 3306 Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 PM

Does anyone know when BB's return window starts to run? Date of delivery or date of purchase? Online it seems like its date of purchase, but the guy I just spoke to on the phone says its date of delivery. Couldn't get the TV delivered until Friday so I'd lose almost a week off of the 14 days if it's date of purchase.

And on the Paul's TV price match, I really think it depends on who you talk to. The guy I dealt with really didn't seem like he cared. I just showed him the price on my phone after the coupon was applied and he entered it into the system. YMMV so I'd just try a few stores if you don't succeed at the first one.
post #727 of 3306 Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Does anyone know when BB's return window starts to run? Date of delivery or date of purchase? Online it seems like its date of purchase, but the guy I just spoke to on the phone says its date of delivery. Couldn't get the TV delivered until Friday so I'd lose almost a week off of the 14 days if it's date of purchase.

And on the Paul's TV price match, I really think it depends on who you talk to. The guy I dealt with really didn't seem like he cared. I just showed him the price on my phone after the coupon was applied and he entered it into the system. YMMV so I'd just try a few stores if you don't succeed at the first one.

Almost every retailer I've ever dealt with has done date of purchase.
post #728 of 3306 Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

Almost every retailer I've ever dealt with has done date of purchase.

BB website is not entirely clear. But the 2 different reps I spoke to on the phone both, without hesitation, told me it was from the date that you actually receive the goods.
post #729 of 3306 Old 10-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Liked: 99
Posted this in the official thread....

Hey guys...anyone in here who ordered from Pauls recieve a bad or cracked set? Or did it take a while for them to deliver. The guy David I spoke with was very nice and spoke withe this afternoon after calling the delivery company to arrange a time. They were suppose to call me but never did. I called David back as he asked and he stated he would call which he did but told me they were closed but raised it to a supervisor area and he said they should contact me in the morning. But David seemed a little rushed to get off the phone so I just hope I'm not being scammed
post #730 of 3306 Old 10-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Hey guys...anyone in here who ordered from Pauls recieve a bad or cracked set? Or did it take a while for them to deliver. The guy David I spoke with was very nice and spoke withe this afternoon after calling the delivery company to arrange a time. They were suppose to call me but never did. I called David back as he asked and he stated he would call which he did but told me they were closed but raised it to a supervisor area and he said they should contact me in the morning. But David seemed a little rushed to get off the phone so I just hope I'm not being scammed

Pauls is awesome, I'm in Buffalo NY and had my Vt50 in under a week.

post #731 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 06:33 AM

I went to a Best Buy in Manhattan, and they wouldn't price match Paul's TV's price for the VT60. The sales associate was familiar with the site because the manager has refused to price match Paul's TV in the past. I then tried to purchase from Paul's TV directly. I called the website, and they said that the "White Glove" delivery is mandatory. They give you a four hour delivery window. This is great for people who work from home or do not work, but it requires you to be home when the television is delivered so that the delivery men can unbox, you can inspect the tv for 10 minutes, and then you have to sign a form that says that the tv is not damaged. I asked if I could just have normal delivery, and then I could just return the tv if its damaged, (like other websites like Amazon.com allow).. They said this was not an option. Therefore I am out of luck for now because I can't take off work to have a tv delivered. 

Anyone who ordered from Paul's TV find a way around this?

post #732 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I bought the 60VT60 from Paul's TV last month at a local brick and mortar store and it was delivered two days later in perfect shape. I had no complaints about their price or delivery.

However, their 30 day price match guarantee is a joke. When I bought my TV the local store honored the $400 off online promo code and did not charge me sales tax. 28 days later I found out about the $500 promo code and called to have the $100 difference refunded. I was denied because now they said that they would have to charge me sales tax so my original deal was better. I talked to multiple people at Paul's TV and was told the same thing....denied.

I still don't understand why they would now need to charge me sales tax when they didn't charge me tax on my original purchase. Oh well, I guess the $100 is more important to them than a repeat customer..rolleyes.gif
post #733 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by writtensarcasm View Post

I went to a Best Buy in Manhattan, and they wouldn't price match Paul's TV's price for the VT60. The sales associate was familiar with the site because the manager has refused to price match Paul's TV in the past. I then tried to purchase from Paul's TV directly. I called the website, and they said that the "White Glove" delivery is mandatory. They give you a four hour delivery window. This is great for people who work from home or do not work, but it requires you to be home when the television is delivered so that the delivery men can unbox, you can inspect the tv for 10 minutes, and then you have to sign a form that says that the tv is not damaged. I asked if I could just have normal delivery, and then I could just return the tv if its damaged, (like other websites like Amazon.com allow).. They said this was not an option. Therefore I am out of luck for now because I can't take off work to have a tv delivered. 

Anyone who ordered from Paul's TV find a way around this?

Why not just get it price matched by Amazon, get the protection of their 30 day return policy and be done with it? Just open up a live message chat with a representative and give them the promo code to plug into the Paul's TV website. They may take a day or so to get a manager's approval, but it worked for me over a month ago.
post #734 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
First off I've been an amazon Prime member for many years now and spend a decent amount of money with them.

I opened up a chat session with amazon CS. and explained the details. They actually went to Paul's and saw the regular price of $2299. I said to put it in a cart and ad the promo code FALL28 (autumn28 or autumn31 or whatever now) to see the price of $1800 which they did. I also had a cart open in another tab at Paul's which I cut simply by dragging the mouse over it and then pasted it into the amazon chat window so that they could see that too.

He said that they need to escalate it because it is more than 20% off the amazon price and cannot do it and it would take up to 48 hours. So I said to go ahead to do that.

Then I mentioned that their policy is that they price match after shipping which is ridiculous to me and here's the price right there already and why do I need to wait until it ships. I kept the conversation going because 20% off the amazon price was only $40 more than the Paul's price.

I then opened up a Paul's chat window and told the amazon rep that I was going to see what Paul's could do about 24 month financing. I got on with Paul's and told them that I was working a price match with amazon in a separate chat window and asked what they could do about financing. So the Paul's guy proceeds to start checking on that.

I went back to the amazon guy and started to pursue the 20% off deal whereupon he said that he might be able to do that but to please wait a minute because he might already have an answer for me about the match with Paul's. I also confirmed the 24 month financing and he said it applies to the product not the price at which it sells.

The Paul's guy comes back and says the best that they can do is six months no interest financing. I tell him that amazon will give me 24 and will at most be $40 more than Paul's price so he goes to verify again.

At about that time the amazon guy comes back on and says that the price match has already been approved and to go ahead to check out at the amazon price of $2300 using my amazon credit card, which I already got approved previously in anticipation of buying a TV pretty soon, and after the sale he would apply the adjustment.

So I went ahead and checked out as it was already in my cart too. He was already connected to my account because I was logged into amazon when starting the chat session and I told him that I completed the purchase. He said okay one minute. About 30 seconds later he said to check my Orders page to verify the price and wallah there it was, $1800 plus tax and free enhanced shipping.

post #735 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by laredo7mm View Post

I still don't understand why they would now need to charge me sales tax when they didn't charge me tax on my original purchase. Oh well, I guess the $100 is more important to them than a repeat customer..rolleyes.gif

What they were probably doing is paying the sales tax on your behalf. They can't legally NOT collect the sales tax if they're supposed to in your jurisdiction. So if the sales tax was $100, consider that another $100 discount from Pauls.
post #736 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM

By the way, Paul's TV is now sold out of the 60" VT60 and does not expect to get more for another month. According to their online sales representative.

post #737 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by writtensarcasm View Post

By the way, Paul's TV is now sold out of the VT60 and does not expect to get more for another month. According to their online sales representative.
Which size?
post #738 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

Which size?

60" sorry

post #739 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 122
At this moment Amazon has the 65VT60 for 2399.99.
bikrrr likes this.
post #740 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_username View Post

So here is a heads up for any Canadians living relatively close to the US border...

I live in Vancouver BC Canada and just ordered a 60VT60 from Pauls TV for $1899.99us no tax. Shipped free to Point Roberts Wa to a mail receiving service across the US border about a half an hour drive for me. They'll charge $20 for the service (item over 100lbs). Ironic that shipping is free because to get to Point Roberts Wa, you need to drive through CANADA.... wa waaaa.

Since it's 'White Glove' delivery for another $5-$10 they said they'd verify the TV is in working order before accepting delivery.

I'm getting 5yr MACK extended in-home service warranty coverage from www.adorama.com for $169.95us.

I'll pay Canadian Tax on the TV (GST 5% and PST 7%) at the border. The TV I'm told by Paul's TV that the set is assembled in the US making part of NAFTA and duty exempt. Hopefully the border guards will skip taxing the warranty. EDIT- This info was wrong. I've since been informed that Panasonic sets are assembled in Mexico...still part of NAFTA.

Total comes to about $2100us or 2162.00cad. So all in for me after extended warranty and taxes is just under $2400cad give or take a couple of bucks. Locally the set is on sale for about $3200cad before any taxes and extended warranty. eek.gif

The only 'thing' to this whole deal is that for the first 90 days warranty coverage is Panasonic US, meaning I'd need to bring the set to a service center in US. After 90 days I'd deal with MACK. That 90 days applies to getting the 5 year warranty. Shorter coverage then you go by the original 1 year Panasonic and then MACK.

Wish me luck on the whole process.

PS... Pauls TV needs credit cards that have US billing addresses. I've already set up with Mastercard a 'secondary' address that is the US shipping address I'm using.

So to update:

I finally got my TV yesterday. The whole experience with Paul's TV went very well. Got $100 credited to my CC after contacting them last week about the new promo code.

Shipping was a drag though. Original Delivery date was Oct 14. That day came and went. I called the shipping company each day to be told that the next day someone would call with more info. Finally I get a confirmed time of the 23rd between 10:30 and 11:30am because the shipping company handed delivery over to another party because they don't go to Point Roberts Wa.

I get to Pt Roberts at 10:30am and wait for the delivery truck. White Glove delivery was pretty much a waste because right after the driver dropped off the TV at the receiving depot he took off. The whole thing about having the receiving service do the inspection for me isn't a great idea. It's not their TV and nobody there would have much of a vested interest if it worked or not.

Had it been an actual residence the driver was dropping off he may have waited around? Hard to say at this point.

I opened up the TV box on the receiving dock. Visually inspected it and plugged it in. All looked good. If I had to do it over again I'd just opt for regular shipping instead of White Glove.

Shoved the TV into the minivan. Got to the border crossing, told them I had a TV valued at $1799 US and a warranty valued at $170us. Border guard scribbles something on a small form and tells me to go inside. I go in show them the emailed invoice from Pauls TV and pay $222cdn for Taxes on just the TV.

Get TV home. Haul away old 32" Toshiba CRT tube TV and plop new TV in it's place temporarily while I let it build hours. Holy cow this thing is massive compared to the old 32" CRT.
post #741 of 3306 Old 10-24-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

post #742 of 3306 Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It jumped to $2700 this morning.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BC4SL18

post #743 of 3306 Old 10-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Liked: 13
Bestbuy has the 65VT60 for 2399
post #744 of 3306 Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

It went Down to 2399 this morning and is still there right now. Going to talk to the wife after work...

Sounds like they are all at that price point right now. Could it go lower(before they run out)?
post #745 of 3306 Old 10-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:

and they have the 55VT60 for $1599.99 - I paid $2K for it at the beginning of September.
post #746 of 3306 Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

It went Down to 2399 this morning and is still there right now. Going to talk to the wife after work...

Sounds like they are all at that price point right now. Could it go lower(before they run out)?

The price had been jumping up and down but the last I checked it was down. Did you get it?

Funny thing is that the 60" has stayed the same. I thought it would go down but amazon's bots are probably reporting the OOS status at Paul's.

post #747 of 3306 Old 10-26-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Funny thing I noticed when I last checked at Amazon was the 60S60 was $50 more than the 60ST60.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #748 of 3306 Old 10-26-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurd_username View Post

So to update:

I finally got my TV yesterday. The whole experience with Paul's TV went very well. Got $100 credited to my CC after contacting them last week about the new promo code.

Shipping was a drag though. Original Delivery date was Oct 14. That day came and went. I called the shipping company each day to be told that the next day someone would call with more info. Finally I get a confirmed time of the 23rd between 10:30 and 11:30am because the shipping company handed delivery over to another party because they don't go to Point Roberts Wa.

I get to Pt Roberts at 10:30am and wait for the delivery truck. White Glove delivery was pretty much a waste because right after the driver dropped off the TV at the receiving depot he took off. The whole thing about having the receiving service do the inspection for me isn't a great idea. It's not their TV and nobody there would have much of a vested interest if it worked or not.

Had it been an actual residence the driver was dropping off he may have waited around? Hard to say at this point.

I opened up the TV box on the receiving dock. Visually inspected it and plugged it in. All looked good. If I had to do it over again I'd just opt for regular shipping instead of White Glove.

Shoved the TV into the minivan. Got to the border crossing, told them I had a TV valued at $1799 US and a warranty valued at $170us. Border guard scribbles something on a small form and tells me to go inside. I go in show them the emailed invoice from Pauls TV and pay $222cdn for Taxes on just the TV.

Get TV home. Haul away old 32" Toshiba CRT tube TV and plop new TV in it's place temporarily while I let it build hours. Holy cow this thing is massive compared to the old 32" CRT.

Thanks for the update. Makes me feel more confident about going this route too. When you brought the TV across the border did they try to verify where it was made (for duty)? What do you recommend for warranty?
post #749 of 3306 Old 10-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Liked: 18
Can somome help me with Panasoninc EPP pricing. Just realized my wife has EPP. When I sign into thier employee pricing program to access Panasonic EPP, it takes me to the shop Panasonic website. The price for the 65VT60 is http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/viera-televisions?selectedTopNavId=nav1 $2,754.99. How do I get it to show EPP pricing?

As a registered Panasonic Purchase Program Partner, you are eligible for special pricing up to 40% off on a broad range of Panasonic products plus free shipping on all orders. Discounted prices are shown on site, no coupon codes are required.
post #750 of 3306 Old 10-26-2013, 01:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Can somome help me with Panasoninc EPP pricing. Just realized my wife has EPP. When I sign into thier employee pricing program to access Panasonic EPP, it takes me to the shop Panasonic website. The price for the 65VT60 is http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/viera-televisions?selectedTopNavId=nav1 $2,754.99. How do I get it to show EPP pricing?

As a registered Panasonic Purchase Program Partner, you are eligible for special pricing up to 40% off on a broad range of Panasonic products plus free shipping on all orders. Discounted prices are shown on site, no coupon codes are required.

If you're logged in using the account that has EPP, the prices will change. The URL does not change, but you will see a small graphic at the top next to the Panasonic logo to let you know you're EPP (or "Platinum Partner" in my case).

The current price I see for the 65vt60 is $2499.99.

Don't forget that Panasonic charges a restocking fee if you decide to return, so only use EPP if you're sure!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page