Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FWIW The Pilot guys said if it is damaged, it is almost always on the corners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

Inspect the box for damage. Have them open the box and remove the protective cover, leaving it rest in the bottom portion. Inspect the TV thoroughly for damage, front, back, etc. Use a flashlight (LED works best) to check the screen for spider cracks. Before signing write down "Subject To Inspection For Hidden Damage" and then sign.

At those temps I don't think I'd chance powering it on until the TV warms up.
With the flashlight, are you just checking for small cracks on the actual glass?
post #1353 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

With the flashlight, are you just checking for small cracks on the actual glass?

Yes, and dust. Cracks will likely be in the corners if present. I received a Pioneer Kuro once where the box looked perfect and not even scuffed. We looked at the panel though before accepting the delivery and lo and behold there were about 8 cracks on the screen, at all four corners. Excess dust should disperse the light and be fairly easy to identify just behind the glass. No panel is surgically perfect. They are not manufactured in a semiconductor clean room. Light is light, it should not matter if you use a LED flashlight. Some of the users replying are kind of new, young, and hyper sensitive so take some of these comments with a grain of salt.
eric3316 likes this.

post #1354 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My 50" ST60 box arrived heavily damaged; in fact the styrofoam corners were broken on the damaged end, and the screen was perfectly fine. Has been working great for months. You just never know how its going to turn out. They said I could reject delivery before they even opened it up, but since it was my third exchange already I just wanted a TV to love.

The 60" VT60 I have coming Monday is arriving on a day where the high might not even be 20 degrees. So much for getting to try it out right away.
post #1355 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syradil View Post

The 60" VT60 I have coming Monday is arriving on a day where the high might not even be 20 degrees. So much for getting to try it out right away.

Same here, I live in CO and mine is suppose to arrive Monday with highs around 16 degrees. I don't think I will be powering it on... I have had two Panasonic Plasma's shipped to me in the past and I have had absolutely no problems. This being a 65" does have me a bit more worried... it is a little concerning hearing all these horror stories of damaged or DOA TV's...
post #1356 of 3312 Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Liked: 10
Decided to upgrade from 54G25 and ordered 65vt60 from Amazon on Monday sale price. Pilot delivered it this morning. Try turning it on with remote did not do anything. Thinking maybe the battery are dead so reached down for the power button. Still nothing. glance over the screen and notice long cracked center of the screen:mad:. grabbed flash light to confirmed the screen has cracks multiple areas across both end. Had them packed it up and took it back. Went back to work and called Amazon. Another unit being ship out with estimate delivery for Tuesday.
post #1357 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM

Just took delivery of mine. 60" VT60 from Amazon.

Good News: Box looks pristine, 2 guys from CEVA carried it in, and I inspected with LED flashlight - no issues seen. I'm giving it a few hours to come up to temp before plugging it in. No cracks, dents, etc.

Possibly Bad News: Manufactured Date of May 2013. I'll have to keep an eye on the fan noise. Anyone know if Panasonic maybe applied the foam fix to these earlier dated units while in distribution channels. Hard to believe they'd let this unit sit for 6 months & not apply the fix.
post #1358 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat2950 View Post

Good News: Box looks pristine, 2 guys from CEVA carried it in, and I inspected with LED flashlight - no issues seen. I'm giving it a few hours to come up to temp before plugging it in. No cracks, dents, etc.

Possibly Bad News: Manufactured Date of May 2013. I'll have to keep an eye on the fan noise. Anyone know if Panasonic maybe applied the foam fix to these earlier dated units while in distribution channels. Hard to believe they'd let this unit sit for 6 months & not apply the fix.

Can others who very recently purchased a VT60 confirm build date? My guess is that Amazon is now trying to clear out older stock. mad.gif
post #1359 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:

I received mine yesterday. June 2013 build. Fan noise. Possibly the 60VT60 didn't sell as well so there are more older units around, which if is the case, decreases the chance of getting a post-August build, which has the fan fix.

There's a thread dedicated to the VT/ZT fan noise: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1478361/panasonic-zt60-and-vt60-fan-fridge-noise-production-numbers/0_100
post #1360 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Well I got my 65 inch on Wed with a build date of Oct 2013.  A day after the Amazon website had me scheduled for.

Running slides now and as best as I can tell no issues.  Though I think various people think I'm somewhat OCD for running slides. I try to explain...but their eyes start to glaze over.

JB Hunt had two people bring the TV in.   Took it into my dining room where I'm doing 4 days of slides and took off the top of the box.  They seemed to truly be basic delivery guys as they were not familiar with the TV or what kind of accessories were buried in the box.

I was lucky and it was 60 degrees on Wed (versus 20 and snowy today) so turned it on.  Used a DVD player to test one of the HDMI ports and make sure a picture came up.  I didn't bother to test every port since that would have taken a while and that's what a warranty is for.

Quickly scanned the screen and TV for damage w/ a flash light and then sent the guys on their way. 

Nice enough guys but clearly not a 'white glove' experience as there are finger prints all over the top of the screen.

Did notice a slight buzzing noise - which apparently is normal and I think/hope I won't be able to hear once there is audio.

It took me multiple chats and a couple of phone calls to finally get the soundbar bundle deal.  Kind of a pain in the butt as Amazon was really clueless on that one since they could not find the deal in a basic search and I had to send them the web link more than once.

I had debated taking that or getting the $100 price match but thought the soundbar might make a decent family re-gift (after looking at it more closely I think I might keep it for the bedroom).  But thanks to the Cyber Monday price reduction I was able to get the soundbar and the $250 off the TV - so that was a nice bonus :)

So until Sunday my dining room just glows various colors and I try and wait patiently to fire this baby up.

post #1361 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackpffft View Post

Well I got my 65 inch on Wed with a build date of Oct 2013.  A day after the Amazon website had me scheduled for.
Running slides now and as best as I can tell no issues.  Though I think various people think I'm somewhat OCD for running slides. I try to explain...but their eyes start to glaze over.

JB Hunt had two people bring the TV in.   Took it into my dining room where I'm doing 4 days of slides and took off the top of the box.  They seemed to truly be basic delivery guys as they were not familiar with the TV or what kind of accessories were buried in the box.

I was lucky and it was 60 degrees on Wed (versus 20 and snowy today) so turned it on.  Used a DVD player to test one of the HDMI ports and make sure a picture came up.  I didn't bother to test every port since that would have taken a while and that's what a warranty is for.
Quickly scanned the screen and TV for damage w/ a flash light and then sent the guys on their way. 
Nice enough guys but clearly not a 'white glove' experience as there are finger prints all over the top of the screen.
Did notice a slight buzzing noise - which apparently is normal and I think/hope I won't be able to hear once there is audio.

It took me multiple chats and a couple of phone calls to finally get the soundbar bundle deal.  Kind of a pain in the butt as Amazon was really clueless on that one since they could not find the deal in a basic search and I had to send them the web link more than once.
I had debated taking that or getting the $100 price match but thought the soundbar might make a decent family re-gift (after looking at it more closely I think I might keep it for the bedroom).  But thanks to the Cyber Monday price reduction I was able to get the soundbar and the $250 off the TV - so that was a nice bonus smile.gif

So until Sunday my dining room just glows various colors and I try and wait patiently to fire this baby up.

I've had 3 TVs delivered by Amazon over the last year using enhanced delivery and every time the delivery guys had a tendency to keep placing/resting their hands on the corners, leaving fingerprints on the screen and bezel.
post #1362 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Anyone know if Panasonic maybe applied the foam fix to these earlier dated units while in distribution channels. Hard to believe they'd let this unit sit for 6 months & not apply the fix.

Doubt it very much. Those were ordered by Amazon and likely yours has been in a warehouse for months waiting for its name to be called by YOU! smile.gif
Panasonic doesn't go to Amazon warehouses to do a foam fix on the fans I wouldn't think. Only when Panasonic became aware of potential concerns did they address the fan issue at their plants, not a re or e-tailer's warehouse. Hope all is well with yours.
post #1363 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

I've had 3 TVs delivered by Amazon over the last year using enhanced delivery and every time the delivery guys had a tendency to keep placing/resting their hands on the corners, leaving fingerprints on the screen and bezel.
Yep, this is why I prefer to do the unboxing and mounting myself.
post #1364 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post

Can others who very recently purchased a VT60 confirm build date? My guess is that Amazon is now trying to clear out older stock. mad.gif
Quote:

Nope, got mine 2 days ago, September build.
post #1365 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
In the case of the ZT (and probably the VT), it's impossible to handle the panel and not cause fingerprinting or smearing because of the narrowness of the bezel unless you're wearing gloves (and depending on the gloves, these could result in scratches). wink.gif It's nothing a lint-free cloth can't remove.
post #1366 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Something odd happened earlier this week when I spoke to a store manager in Best Buy - he was confident that Panasonic is not going out the plasma business. He indicated that there was an official Panasonic retailer meeting and briefing early last month in town where a Panasonic rep confirmed that the news is anything but true and that they are not exiting Plasma business. They were asked not to believe any such rumors!

The only reason I bought the VT 60 was because they were exiting the business and now all this comes as a shocker to me. I do not know what to believe anymore. Maybe he was referring to their professional TV line.. is this news really confirmed ? Was there an official statement from Panasonic on them not manufacturing plasmas anymore?
post #1367 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserplasma View Post

Something odd happened earlier this week when I spoke to a store manager in Best Buy - he was confident that Panasonic is not going out the plasma business. He indicated that there was an official Panasonic retailer meeting and briefing early last month in town where a Panasonic rep confirmed that the news is anything but true and that they are not exiting Plasma business. They were asked not to believe any such rumors!

The only reason I bought the VT 60 was because they were exiting the business and now all this comes as a shocker to me. I do not know what to believe anymore. Maybe he was referring to their professional TV line.. is this news really confirmed ? Was there an official statement from Panasonic on them not manufacturing plasmas anymore?

Yes

post #1368 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserplasma View Post

http://panasonic.net/ir/relevant/2013/en131031-1.pdf
vinnie97 likes this.
post #1369 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Received my 65VT60 today from Amazon. Build date is Oct. 2013. Everything looks and sounds great. Watching some blu ray on it right now. Now way I was letting this TV site here without putting a picture on it! Will throw slides on whenever I am not watching just to put hours on the TV.
post #1370 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM

55VT60 from Amazon arrived today via CEVA. Glass was cracked on both top corners, possibly on the bottom but I stopped inspecting at that point and boxed it back up. New delivery date is next Thursday...
post #1371 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpaul100 View Post

55VT60 from Amazon arrived today via CEVA. Glass was cracked on both top corners, possibly on the bottom but I stopped inspecting at that point and boxed it back up. New delivery date is next Thursday...
Sorry to hear that. That is pretty frustrating. When they changed my delivery date from yesterday to today that was disappointing. You get excited for something just to get let down!

On positive note though you still have something to look forward to.
post #1372 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. That is pretty frustrating. When they changed my delivery date from yesterday to today that was disappointing. You get excited for something just to get let down!

On positive note though you still have something to look forward to.
Yeah, we already had the old TV and hardware removed from the wall. We set it back up on the manufacturer stand for the time being.

At least the delivery guy was cool - he let me inspect it first and even apologized for the damage. It saved him an extra trip back out to pick it up.
post #1373 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 05:58 PM

Here is my experience when buying a 60VT60 from amazon. When I bought it two weeks ago, I asked amazon customer service to price match Pauls TV to $1899. Then a few days later, the normal price went down to $1750 and I used chat to get the discount. They said they didn't have to get the large items team do it because the price drop was on amazon and you can get the price drop within 7 days of purchase.

I picked a schedule for delivery with CEVA. When the day came, they called me 2 hours early and asked if I was able to take delivery then. I said I was at work, but I would leave immediately to go home. I found a car2go smart car and was able to get home within 20 minutes. There were 2 deliverers and they asked if I needed them to bring it in, and I said yes, I needed them to put it on the tv stand in my apartment. They were fine with that and very cordial and nice. The box was in ok condition, with the top flaps coming apart a little. It had been stored in an upright position in the truck. They brought it into my apartment, took it out of the box and one of them installed the base to the panel. It started up and the picture looked fine. There was no damage to the corners of the panel. I signed for it and gave them each a small tip. I had a very good experience with the delivery.

The panel was built in October 2013. So I guess I was one of the lucky ones with a newer build date. I don't notice any buzzing or fan noise. I am doing slides during the day and watching normally at night. I haven't noticed any burn in. I haven't gotten the picture settings locked down yet and I am trying different settings. But bluray black depth is amazing. I think it is a keeper. The chrome around the sides does look a little chintzy, but it isn't a huge deal.
post #1374 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Just got my 65VT60 from Amazon. It was built in October 2013. It is really cold so I am letting it warm up before I turn it on and then I will start the slides. You guys that are talking about watching some and running the slides between watching content are wasting your time. You need to go read D-Nice's post about the slides. He has very specific instructions that you need to follow to a T or it isn't worth running the slides at all. They are intended to be run for the first 100 hrs without watching any other content. If you are going to watch other content then I wouldn't bother doing the slides as D-Nice says they aren't intended for break in etc.
post #1375 of 3312 Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
OT, but they will work for break-in whether one ultimately uses D-Nice's settings or not. Ultimately not a waste if you want to accelerate usage to do a calibration since the panel is known to fluctuate quite a bit in the first 300 hours of use
post #1376 of 3312 Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Amazon is at it again, now the 65" is $2295, 60" is $1849 and 55" is $1595

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #1377 of 3312 Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 AM

A Good Buddy has a Question.....60ST60 ( New ) for $1100 OR 60VT60 $1850 from Amazon.....That's a $750 difference....Any replies are appreciated by myself and him
post #1378 of 3312 Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Kuro80 View Post

A Good Buddy has a Question.....60ST60 ( New ) for $1100 OR 60VT60 $1850 from Amazon.....That's a $750 difference....Any replies are appreciated by myself and him
Really depends his money situation. The ST60 for $1,100 is a great deal. Not sure if he will feel the $750 difference going to the VT60.

The VT has a couple extra things like a camera and voice activation. I went with a 65VT60 over an 65ST60 because Amazon was selling it for less.

I am noticing a lip sync issue with the VT60 using the internal speakers. I am waiting to see if others have had this issue. That is my only complaint so far on VT.
post #1379 of 3312 Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Does anyone know if the current deals on BB are for only this week or if they're the new prices?????

I'm considering 65VT60, 65ZT60, Samsung 64F8500.

.....and yes, I'm having a very hard time deciding. Might just keep what I have.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1380 of 3312 Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Really depends his money situation. The ST60 for $1,100 is a great deal. Not sure if he will feel the $750 difference going to the VT60.

The VT has a couple extra things like a camera and voice activation. I went with a 65VT60 over an 65ST60 because Amazon was selling it for less.

I am noticing a lip sync issue with the VT60 using the internal speakers. I am waiting to see if others have had this issue. That is my only complaint so far on VT.
I agree I don't believe the $750 will be felt
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page