post #1621 of 3322 Old 12-21-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyziff View Post

Since I just ordered yesterday, I went ahead and asked Amazon for a price match via email as well since avsstompy had success.
Amazon responded back and price matched the Brandsmart $1648 price! This brings my effective price down to $1318 (- the 2% AZ credit.)
Amazing deal. Thanks to avsstompy, p3Orion, and Chere for sharing their information / experiences!!
Happy Holidays!

How exactly did you do this? How were you able to show Amazon that the price was $1648 at Brandsmart. I want to give this a try and see if they're feeling generous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 3322 Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

How exactly did you do this? How were you able to show Amazon that the price was $1648 at Brandsmart. I want to give this a try and see if they're feeling generous.
I used the 'Contact Us' link from the Amazon help page. I chose the email option and stated what was in my post 1617.
I did not produce any documentation. I just stated the price, coupon code and qualified merchant. I did not produce screen shots or anything.
I originally tried to get Amazon to price match the Frys clearance deal on the 60ST60 with no luck at all, even at the same time others were having success.
I really think it is luck of the draw with which Amazon CSR you get. I also feel the same way at Best Buy, sometimes I have no issues and other times I cannot get them to price match valid claims even upon escalating to managers.
Good luck!!!
post #1623 of 3322 Old 12-21-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyziff View Post

I used the 'Contact Us' link from the Amazon help page. I chose the email option and stated what was in my post 1617.
I did not produce any documentation. I just stated the price, coupon code and qualified merchant. I did not produce screen shots or anything.
I originally tried to get Amazon to price match the Frys clearance deal on the 60ST60 with no luck at all, even at the same time others were having success.
I really think it is luck of the draw with which Amazon CSR you get. I also feel the same way at Best Buy, sometimes I have no issues and other times I cannot get them to price match valid claims even upon escalating to managers.
Good luck!!!

Well, I did as you did and received this reply from Amazon:

"I'm unable to approve your claim because the price is subject to rebate or coupon. Time-limited sales events such as Black Friday, early bird or door buster offers, offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of business sales, loyalty program offers, and special promotions such as rebates are ineligible for the Guarantee."

I replied with some additional info, but it's not looking good.

I just don't get Amazon's inconsistent price matching practices.
post #1624 of 3322 Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Have any of you been able to get Amazon to change their mind on a price match denial when they've told you no more than once? If you submit a new request will they just review the previous denial or is there a chance that another CSR will say yes? I don't get how some of you were able to get the $1648 Brandsmart price with the coupon code not even active. I've been a very loyal, frequent Amazon buyer. Frustrated atm. mad.gif
post #1625 of 3322 Old 12-22-2013, 02:25 PM

Yup Amazon just denied me too on a price match with east coast tv's on a 60" VT60...I'm also a prime member and constantly buying stuff from them

Panasonic 60VT60
Sherwood P-965
Parasound 2X205
Sherbourn 5X200
SVS-12
Polk LSi9's

post #1626 of 3322 Old 12-22-2013, 03:34 PM

Just picked up the 60vt60 from Magnolia at Best Buy for $1799 on Saturday. There are better deals online but this is good for them as it had been at $2295 (or $2195 don't remember) just a few days ago.

Absolutely loving it. smile.gif
post #1627 of 3322 Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Received the 55VT60 yesterday and thinking about returning it to Best Buy for the 60. Anyone have a problem doing this?
post #1628 of 3322 Old 12-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorena123 View Post

Just picked up the 60vt60 from Magnolia at Best Buy for $1799 on Saturday. There are better deals online but this is good for them as it had been at $2295 (or $2195 don't remember) just a few days ago.

Absolutely loving it. smile.gif

Glad to hear you are loving it. I also gave up searching for an epic deal and settled on a good deal and purchased from Pauls TV for $1769.99, no tax and including "white glove" delivery. They are an authorized Panasonic dealer too. Looking forward to it!

Panasonic 60VT60
Sherwood P-965
Parasound 2X205
Sherbourn 5X200
SVS-12
Polk LSi9's

post #1629 of 3322 Old 12-22-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbreese View Post

Yup Amazon just denied me too on a price match with east coast tv's on a 60" VT60...I'm also a prime member and constantly buying stuff from them

East Coast TV's is not on Amazon's list of dealers that they'll price match. I was surprised that the poster above was able to get Amazon to price match.
post #1630 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Here's a better one without too many hoops to jump through. Brandsmart USA has the 60VT60 for $1648 with free shipping after applying coupon GIFT650 during checkout.

Stop procrastinating and get it already before they completely run out. I'm enjoying my 65VT60 immensely biggrin.gif

When was the GIFT650 coupon active? Did the code work for the 60VT60? Did you buy your 65VT60 using this code?
post #1631 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

Received the 55VT60 yesterday and thinking about returning it to Best Buy for the 60. Anyone have a problem doing this?
You should have absolutely no problem at all doing this. Best Buy will take back your TV even if you just didn't like it. One of the great advantages of buying a high ticket item like this from Best Buy or Amazon and if your Best Buy is like the one by me they should pick up the 55" from you when they deliver the 60".
post #1632 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

You should have absolutely no problem at all doing this. Best Buy will take back your TV even if you just didn't like it. One of the great advantages of buying a high ticket item like this from Best Buy or Amazon and if your Best Buy is like the one by me they should pick up the 55" from you when they deliver the 60".

I bought it online, should I just call 800 number and exchange or take it to the store? What if I've run slides for 40 hours? I feel like an ass if I were to do this.
post #1633 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I bought it online, should I just call 800 number and exchange or take it to the store? What if I've run slides for 40 hours? I feel like an ass if I were to do this.
Just slip a note in somewhere the next owner will see it and say you have broken it in for 40 hours using slides. I think anyone at this point buying a plasma will know what's up. You can return items bought online to the store, but you may be able to arrange for them to come pick it up and save you the hassle (not sure on this second part).
post #1634 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They will sell the TV as open box. Most people expect to see hours on an open box item. That is also why they will pay a reduced price to purchase the open box TV. Also, the store re-selling the TV should know why it was returned and hopefully let the customer know it was returned only due to you wanting to go larger.

Anyway, what happens to TV after you return it will not be your problem and anyone purchasing it as an open box will be able to return it again if they were to find anything wrong with it.
post #1635 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:

I think it's healthy to feel like a little bit of an ass. There are some people that take advantage of said policies. That said, they designed this policy in an effort to make sure that you were 100% satisfied with your purchase. So if you're not, exchange it for a bigger one and cut your conscience some slack! biggrin.gif

Also, for the return, just head into a store. They can set up the exchange process. It will be a little different than if you purchased in-store, but they can still take care of you.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1636 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the replies but I think I'm going to keep the 55. Mainly because I will be sitting 10ft from the display and I don't want the display to overtake the space (9ft wide x 12ft long). Also, very quiet when running slides.
post #1637 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the replies but I think I'm going to keep the 55. Mainly because I will be sitting 10ft from the display and I don't want the display to overtake the space (9ft wide x 12ft long). Also, very quiet when running slides.

"Overtake the space", what is that?!?wink.gif

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1638 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Liked: 12
Guys, Just wanted to make sure I was understanding this correctly. I purchased the P65VT60 and it came with the basic 31 page manual. It basically gives you a brief description of how things work. But what about the manual that gets into all the nuts & bolts of the settings. Is that the ehelp manual that you can download from the Panasonic site. That seems to be the one that goes into much more detail about picture settings, color, audio, 3d viewing, etc. Has anyone downloaded that or can you get a hard copy of that from Panasonic.

I like reading through it while I'm tinkering with all the settings. It looks like a lot of pages to send to my printer but I guess I'm willing to give it a try. Beats looking at the computer screen to read it. Just wondering how it prints and if that's the manual that provides the best description of how all settings works. thanks..

I also noticed the help button on the remote brings up the entire ehelp manual. I'm just now finding some time to play with the new tv and the ehelp manual on the tv is pretty sweet. Probably need to print it out since I can read it on the huge screen.
post #1639 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

There's an eManual on Panasonic's website. I would provide a link but I'm on a mobile phone.
post #1640 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

When was the GIFT650 coupon active? Did the code work for the 60VT60? Did you buy your 65VT60 using this code?

It was only active for a small period of time after I posted it and was only good for the 60 and not the 65. Some eagle eyed readers were lucky enough to get a price match from Amazon which is where I purchased my 65VT60 from a while back.
post #1641 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I don't believe in buying a top quality TV (or a lesser quality TV even unless it won't be watched much) in order to fit in with the decor or designing of your room. Since you are going with a VT60 it says to me you want a good watching experience so you main concern should be does the TV fit. If the TV fits then wear it. lol

At 10 feet the 60" will give you a better viewing experience and will offer 20% more screen real estate over the 55". I finally felt like I made the jump to large TV's when I made the jump to a 60" TV. I think that is where it starts to get real and only gets better from there.

My advice, do it while you can because it will soon be to late and you might regret it later on. I have never seen anyone complain or have regrets going to big but you will see people regretting it all the time here with going to small.
post #1642 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

Best Buy is probably the only place you WON'T have a problem doing this and it will be the easiest. For all the annoying BS that Best Buy occasionally does, it's their flexibility that keeps me going back to them. I've easily spent WELL more in excess over the years than what I've returned to them for such reasons, so I assure you it has been more than a productive relationship (moreso for them).

I'm one of the few people I know who really thinks Amazon is kind of over-hyped, but I am glad they are as popular as they are because they keep BB's prices honest and fair, even though THEY don't carry the overhead BB does. I would also support smaller B&M's like Bjorn's in San Antonio but the truth is the prices at those types of HT boutique places are typically so far out of touch with reality without some SERIOUS back and forth negotiation it isn't worth the trouble. I do find it funny that BB's prices today are actually better than they were when their biggest competitor was right across the street in all of the markets they served.

Anyway, not only will BB happily take your TV back, but if you had them deliver it (which is free in town typically), they'll also pick it up for free and take it back to the store, even if you exchanged it for nothing else. That is just plain old fashioned *service* if you ask me. Be sure to tip the BB drivers, though.
post #1643 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the replies. Do I tell them that I changed my mind and want the 60 or use fan noise as an excuse? Do magnolia employees work on commission? Since I bought the 55 online, they may return and purchase for the commission.
post #1644 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Hi everyone:

Have any one of you thought of purchasing a "used - very good" one from Amazon Warehouse Deals?  I know it doesn't sound like a good idea at first but since you have until Jan. 31st to return it, why not?

$2,113.00
& FREE Shipping. Details

Amazon Prime TM
Learn more

Used - Very Good

Item will come repackaged. Item is in original, pristine packaging. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged. « Show less

11pUQHe-O+L.jpg

90% positive over the past 12 months. (2,061,902 total ratings)

In Stock.
Domestic shipping rates and return policy.

I did and went over it with a fine tooth comb when it arrived (manufactured date of Sept. 2013).  Checked the hours used in the menu to make sure it was at 0.  No problems - so far, so good.  Ordered on Dec. 10th.  Set-up delivery for Dec. 18th.  Been running a mixture of d'nice slides (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread/0_100), BD movies, OTA TV signals, gaming; etc.  I even did a firmware update with no problems.  Just a thought.

post #1645 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

What size? The price seems high given that new 60VT60s are on sale for $1800.
post #1646 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 PM

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $327.00 for your Order -*************.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses and Built-in Camera)
Quantity: 1
ASIN:
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $327.00

I purchased the 60 inch vt60 for 1795.00 I told them about bransmart for $1648

they are refunding me 327?? seems like a hell of a deal or mistake on their part

Your recent TV Low Price Guarantee request for the "Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses and Built-in Camera)" against the current price on "Brandsmartusa.com" has met our qualifications for a refund.

I'm issuing a refund in the amount of $327 ($1975.00−$1648) to your credit card. You'll see the refund on your card statement in the next 2-3 business days they show in this email i purchased it for 1975 but i only spent 1795 looks like they mixed the 7 and the 9 up:D
post #1647 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. Do I tell them that I changed my mind and want the 60 or use fan noise as an excuse? Do magnolia employees work on commission? Since I bought the 55 online, they may return and purchase for the commission.

Just tell them you decided to get a larger size. You don't need to lie. smile.gif

post #1648 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestSide View Post

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $327.00 for your Order -*************.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses and Built-in Camera)
Quantity: 1
ASIN:
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $327.00

I purchased the 60 inch vt60 for 1795.00 I told them about bransmart for $1648

they are refunding me 327?? seems like a hell of a deal or mistake on their part

Your recent TV Low Price Guarantee request for the "Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses and Built-in Camera)" against the current price on "Brandsmartusa.com" has met our qualifications for a refund.

I'm issuing a refund in the amount of $327 ($1975.00−$1648) to your credit card. You'll see the refund on your card statement in the next 2-3 business days they show in this email i purchased it for 1975 but i only spent 1795 looks like they mixed the 7 and the 9 up:D

While I didn't receive $327 (lucky dog) I am happy to report that Amazon eventually offered me the $1648 price match - I paid $1749 on Dec 1. biggrin.gif

After being denied for the Brandsmart USA $1648 price match two times I sent a third email in and they responded yesterday with an email asking to provide the model of TV, competitors website, price, and date/time that I saw the lower price. Today I replied with the info, not really expecting anything, and to my surprise I received the following email:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about the price change on "Panasonic TC-P60VT60 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (Includes 2 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses and Built-in Camera)".

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

Since the price of the item has changed within 14 days of the delivery of the order, I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $109.84.

You'll see the refund on your statement in the next 2-3 business days.

I hope this helps. It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to thank you for your continued support.

We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.

A big thank you to Chere for posting the Brandsmart info. smile.gif
post #1649 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the replies but I think I'm going to keep the 55. Mainly because I will be sitting 10ft from the display and I don't want the display to overtake the space (9ft wide x 12ft long).

I just went from a 52" LCD to 65VT60. I do feel a bit like the TV is "overtaking" its space. It seems so big right now but the 52" seemed big when I first got it. I'm sure I'll get used the the 65". From the couch, it's about 11-12 feet to the screen. I had originally ordered a 60" but didn't want to regret not go bigger when I had the chance.
post #1650 of 3322 Old 12-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

What size? The price seems high given that new 60VT60s are on sale for $1800.

65".  The price is a little high but I have the peace of mind of the seller being reputable for good customer service to right any potential wrongs that might occur.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page