Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is Amazon the current best price for a 65VT60? Hate paying for tax though in CA. But if I purchase with my Discover I do get 90 days of price protection up to $500 so that will cover me till early April in case there is a quick fire sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by johdtv View Post

Is Amazon the current best price for a 65VT60? Hate paying for tax though in CA. But if I purchase with my Discover I do get 90 days of price protection up to $500 so that will cover me till early April in case there is a quick fire sale.

Best Buy/Magnolia is the same price. That is, if you consider sales tax the legal obligation that it is.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1893 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Best Buy/Magnolia is the same price. That is, if you consider sales tax the legal obligation that it is.

Except my local BB is out and says their stock is nonexistent. Located in CA. I went in last week, but maybe things have changed.
post #1894 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johdtv View Post

Except my local BB is out and says their stock is nonexistent. Located in CA. I went in last week, but maybe things have changed.

Yeah, California is pretty light. Touche...

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1895 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy open box items?  I see on their website that a store near me has a 55" VT60 fo $1400 open box, with the condition listed as "Excellent" (no damage, all parts intact).

I am going to call them on my lunch and inquire about its availability and ask some questions.  In addition to asking about whether it was a return or a display model, anything else I should ask about?

The store is about 30 miles away so I can't easily go check it out after work.  If it sounds good via the call I can order for store pick up online then go over the weekend - refuse pickup if its not as described I guess.  Any chance BB ever haggles on open box prices?  Would love to try to drop it lower :D

Thanks!

Edit:  I guess I am also curious what warranty considerations would look like...

post #1896 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwiseguy85 View Post

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy open box items?  I see on their website that a store near me has a 55" VT60 fo $1400 open box, with the condition listed as "Excellent" (no damage, all parts intact).

I am going to call them on my lunch and inquire about its availability and ask some questions.  In addition to asking about whether it was a return or a display model, anything else I should ask about?

The store is about 30 miles away so I can't easily go check it out after work.  If it sounds good via the call I can order for store pick up online then go over the weekend - refuse pickup if its not as described I guess.  Any chance BB ever haggles on open box prices?  Would love to try to drop it lower biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Edit:  I guess I am also curious what warranty considerations would look like...

I'd probably ask for a few more bucks if it's a display. If it's a return with all the parts in great condition, including the box, I'd say that's a fair price. The worst they can say is no, so it never hurts to ask.

post #1897 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM

Liked: 41
Quote:

I'd probably ask for a few more bucks if it's a display. If it's a return with all the parts in great condition, including the box, I'd say that's a fair price. The worst they can say is no, so it never hurts to ask.

Anyone had BB say they can not price match period on the VT or ZT models? That's what one store/guy here swore to me they couldn't do.

post #1898 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Anyone had BB say they can not price match period on the VT or ZT models? That's what one store/guy here swore to me they couldn't do.

This is not the policy. They're not supposed to match certain dealers, depending on a few factors, but that's about it.

post #1899 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:

If the item were a display, should I be concerned about usage time?  I understand there is a way to check that in the Settings or something similar once the set is on.

I'm guessing open box items do not retain their manufacturer warranty, but would BB offer some extended warranty plans?  Obviously I would consider it given the nature of the product.

post #1900 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

The store is about 30 miles away so I can't easily go check it out after work.  If it sounds good via the call I can order for store pick up online then go over the weekend - refuse pickup if its not as described I guess.  Any chance BB ever haggles on open box prices?  Would love to try to drop it lower biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Warranty is the same as a new in the box model because you're the first owner buying from an authorized dealer. The new 55VT60 price is only 1599 so for an open box the price could definitely be better. For comparison, plenty of stores are starting to sell 65ZT60 displays for 2200.00 so that's 5-600.00 off the new price. Maybe if you can get another 10 percent chipped off I'd say it's worth grabbing.
post #1901 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

This is wrong. I think what you got was a store rep who mis-remembered the early ZT exclusive BB Magnolia had until July of last year.
post #1902 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwiseguy85 View Post

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy open box items? I see on their website that a store near me has a 55" VT60 fo $1400 open box, with the condition listed as "Excellent" (no damage, all parts intact).

I am going to call them on my lunch and inquire about its availability and ask some questions. In addition to asking about whether it was a return or a display model, anything else I should ask about?

The store is about 30 miles away so I can't easily go check it out after work. If it sounds good via the call I can order for store pick up online then go over the weekend - refuse pickup if its not as described I guess. Any chance BB ever haggles on open box prices? Would love to try to drop it lower biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Edit: I guess I am also curious what warranty considerations would look like...

As I mentioned earlier, I got the 60" display model for $1420, so I would say that isn't a great price for the 55". However, over the weekend, I think they were running an extra 10% off open items, so that is what helped push the price down. You can certainly ask it they would honor that. Good luck. I'm of the opinion that I'll get it in the house and if it doesn't meet my expectations, I'll return it. As others said, same warranty and options for extended warranty on the display model.
post #1903 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Warranty is the same as a new in the box model because you're the first owner buying from an authorized dealer. The new 55VT60 price is only 1599 so for an open box the price could definitely be better. For comparison, plenty of stores are starting to sell 65ZT60 displays for 2200.00 so that's 5-600.00 off the new price. Maybe if you can get another 10 percent chipped off I'd say it's worth grabbing.

I know its only currently $200 off a new 55" VT60, but depending on the condition, maybe its reasonable.  I've pretty much missed the boat on the ST60 and this seems like the logical step up (especially with input lag considerations of the ST60).  If I could get the price of a VT close to what the ST was, and the set's in good condition, my wallet would really appreciate it.  I'll see what the store says.

post #1904 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

You are correct. For some reason I was thinking $1800 was the current price. You should definitely ask for a better deal than $1400. You want to shoot for around 20%. More if it's a display. I would accept less than 20% if it is basically just an unsealed box. Meaning that it's clear that the customer used the TV VERY sparingly and returned for some unrelated reasons(i.e wanted a bigger size, etc).

post #1905 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

I bought a 42" ST30 BB open box that I bought over a yr ago at around 55% of retail with no problems, so far. I bought a 65S60 HHG floor model at Thanksgiving at 55% of retail and ran the screen wipe to remove the IR. No problems with it. Also, I bought a Sony 60A2000 HHG open box 6 yrs ago at 60% off and until recently no problems except for bulb replacement. After replacing bulb started noticing the dreaded green tinge around edges indicating OB starting to fail. Hence, the 65S60 became an early Christmas present. I only bought extended warranty on the Sony based on Consumer Reports advice that only rear projection sets should be considered for extended warranties to get the bulb replacement. LCD/LED and Plasma HDTV have low frequency of repair rate if you buy from correct mfrs. So, bottom line? I've had a good experience w/ open/demo HDTV models.
post #1906 of 3312 Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15

More deals...

Pauls TV - up to...
Free Shipping
Get Deal

Pauls TV - up to $900 off Panasonic Plasma TV Deals (ST60, VT60, ZT60)

Paul's TV has the following Discounts on 2013 Panasonic ST60, VT60, & ZT60 3D Plasma HDTVs still live (Exp Soon) Free Delivery. Tax in CA, CO, MA, MI, OH, RI

This may be one of your last chances to get the few remaining Panasonic Plasmas out there. If you didn't know, Panasonic is getting out of the Plasma Business and this may be one of your last chances to get these EXCELLENT rated TV's and should hold your over until OLED prices come down. Panasonic Plasmas were in fact able to hold their own in picture quailty against OLEDS and are higher rated than much more expensive LED HDTVs. Tax in many.

Sofa King Bananas

"My mother****** is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him." Pinky

post #1907 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesthereis View Post

More deals...

Pauls TV - up to...

Free Shipping
Get Deal

Paul's TV has the following Discounts on 2013 Panasonic ST60, VT60, & ZT60 3D Plasma HDTVs still live (Exp Soon) Free Delivery. Tax in CA, CO, MA, MI, OH, RI
This may be one of your last chances to get the few remaining Panasonic Plasmas out there. If you didn't know, Panasonic is getting out of the Plasma Business and this may be one of your last chances to get these EXCELLENT rated TV's and should hold your over until OLED prices come down. Panasonic Plasmas were in fact able to hold their own in picture quailty against OLEDS and are higher rated than much more expensive LED HDTVs. Tax in many.

Where is the link and code for the ST60 you mentioned?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #1908 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Liked: 27
Paul's only has the 55VT and 60ZT in stock in limited quantities. Only 4 of the 55VT. The ST's are pretty much gone and those that are available are the about the same $ as the VT.
post #1909 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 74
For anyone that was wondering about BrandsmartUSA: I jumped on the 60VT60 deal the other day, and the television arrived timely and without incident. Great TV.

Theater room: Sony VPL HW30ES, DIY 100" screen with Seymour Centerstage XD, 5 Revel M105, 2 JBL Studio 210, 4 SVS SB12-NSD, Anthem MRX-300
Living room: Panasonic TC-P60VT60, 3 KEF LS50, Pioneer SW-8, Marantz NR1603
post #1910 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticShrimp View Post

For anyone that was wondering about BrandsmartUSA: I jumped on the 60VT60 deal the other day, and the television arrived timely and without incident. Great TV.

Are you in their store region or do they actually ship anywhere in the US?
post #1911 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex99 View Post

Are you in their store region or do they actually ship anywhere in the US?

They shipped it from Florida to my home in Tennessee.

Theater room: Sony VPL HW30ES, DIY 100" screen with Seymour Centerstage XD, 5 Revel M105, 2 JBL Studio 210, 4 SVS SB12-NSD, Anthem MRX-300
Living room: Panasonic TC-P60VT60, 3 KEF LS50, Pioneer SW-8, Marantz NR1603
post #1912 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwf View Post

I bought a 42" ST30 BB open box that I bought over a yr ago at around 55% of retail with no problems, so far. I bought a 65S60 HHG floor model at Thanksgiving at 55% of retail and ran the screen wipe to remove the IR. No problems with it. Also, I bought a Sony 60A2000 HHG open box 6 yrs ago at 60% off and until recently no problems except for bulb replacement. After replacing bulb started noticing the dreaded green tinge around edges indicating OB starting to fail. Hence, the 65S60 became an early Christmas present. I only bought extended warranty on the Sony based on Consumer Reports advice that only rear projection sets should be considered for extended warranties to get the bulb replacement. LCD/LED and Plasma HDTV have low frequency of repair rate if you buy from correct mfrs. So, bottom line? I've had a good experience w/ open/demo HDTV models.

So the 55" VT60 may be a no-go; called the store and they said they couldn't find an item matching that description regardless of what the website said.  May try calling again today and see if I can get another person on the line.

I noticed another BB near me has the a 55GT50 in "Excellent" condition listed for $1050.  If I understand correctly is this the predecessor to the ST60 from this year?  I may take a look at that since I don't necessarily need the added cost of all the bells and whistles of the VT60 - just dealing with Panasonic plasma scarcity in my area is making for some tough calls.  Wish I had done my homework months ago and settled on a set before they became endangered.

post #1913 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesthereis View Post

More deals...

Pauls TV - up to...

Free Shipping

Get Deal

Where is the link and code for the ST60 you mentioned?

I copied the text from an email as is. Garbage in, garbage out post. I guess the sets are going faster than expected.

Sofa King Bananas

"My mother****** is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him." Pinky

post #1914 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshheines View Post

For the Brandsmart price match, I went through Amazon online chat with a customer service rep. I specifically cited this forum and linked it. I gave the Post # where the Brandsmart deal was shown to be public and then a list of the Post #s where amazon had price matched. Worked for me. Took about 20 minutes.

I finally got the large items department on the phone, and the initial representative kept telling me she couldn't honor the deal, even though I know it had been honored for other customers. Then I talked to her manager who claimed the deal should not have been honored for anyone and would not refund the difference, but he did give me the difference as a promo balance towards future Amazon purchases. Good enough for me.

CatchersDad likes this.
post #1915 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM

My wife just took delivery of my 60VT60 from Amazon. She sent me a picture of the model # tag in it was build date July 2013 S/N MK31840127. Am I going to have the fan noise or was the fix already done?
post #1916 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes8 View Post

My wife just took delivery of my 60VT60 from Amazon. She sent me a picture of the model # tag in it was build date July 2013 S/N MK31840127. Am I going to have the fan noise or was the fix already done?
Maybe. Some people hear it, some don't. I recently got a June 65VT60 and did the fan fix myself with some 3/8" x 7/16" weatherstripping I bought at Lowe's. Easy as pie and worked like a champ.
post #1917 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Liked: 11
All the 65ZT60 Bestbuy demos I saw last week were floor models with May build dates. 2,000+ hours (conservative guess) is too much for my blood. I also saw missing/damaged remotes, stands, no boxes, etc. which caused me to turn away from a $2,250 net price for the 65 with all available discounts. Your perspective may differ, but I'd rather have a new 65VT60 or 60ZT60 at that price.
Quote:

You are correct. For some reason I was thinking $1800 was the current price. You should definitely ask for a better deal than $1400. You want to shoot for around 20%. More if it's a display. I would accept less than 20% if it is basically just an unsealed box. Meaning that it's clear that the customer used the TV VERY sparingly and returned for some unrelated reasons(i.e wanted a bigger size, etc).
post #1918 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 156

Subscribing again...

:)

post #1919 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 02:36 PM

Where did you put the weather stripping? Is there instructions somewhere and what needs to be done? I still have not even seen the TV as I am still at work, but I am guessing it would just require removing the back panel and placing the weather stripping in places that vibrate?
post #1920 of 3312 Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 156

Isn't this the VT60 Deals thread...?

:)

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page