Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 06-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just returned from BBY. Purchased 60vt60 for 2214+tax comes to 2300 approx after price match with Paul's TV. No fuss was painless. Thanks to you guys I would have paid 2700 on amazon other wise.

Which warranty did you guys prefer? Bestbuy or squaretrade? BBY was definitely more expensive than ST, given it was $519 for 5 yrs but says covers burnins etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM

Alright I need your guys opinion, I bought a vt50 "55' last month for 1299+tax but how does the quality/picture matchup vs the current 2013 S60 because I found out that sears offers the S60 for the following

60" $1149
65" $1499
"edit" best buy current has the 65" for 1336.99+tax"

http://www.sears.com/search=s60?storeId=10153&catalogId=12605&vName=TVs+%26+Electronics&cName=Televisions&viewItems=50&sLevel=1&autoRedirect=true&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

the link might not work eventually cause I think they timeout after a certain time.

I am considering returning the tv and swapping, my main uses are, basic hdtv, blu-rays, ALOT of sports, and some gaming.

Panasonic 55VT50, Yamaha 661
Klipsch Quintet, RF2's, Sub10
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM

Liked: 10
I just bought a 55VT60 from my local Video Only in Bellevue for $1950. They price matched Abe's of Maine while complaining that they must not be an authorized retailer. The price on the display model was $2199.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM

@AceRimmer - that's good to know, i'm planning on visiting that very Video Only store tomorrow to see what price I can get the 65" for! It's a shame we have to pay sales tax here in Washington..
Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_laz View Post

@AceRimmer - that's good to know, i'm planning on visiting that very Video Only store tomorrow to see what price I can get the 65" for! It's a shame we have to pay sales tax here in Washington..

Check out Magnolia across the street from VO. I bought mine 65VT60 from there last week, and they matched the VO offer. My salesguy was Ian.

Rec Room: Sony 70X850B/Yamaha A1010/Denon DBT1713/Definitive BP8, CLR2300, SM350/Martin Logan Dynamo1000
Living Room: Samsung 75HU8550/Yamaha A730/Definitive BP8040, BP6, SC4000 Mythos 3/PS3, Xbox 360
Office: Audioengine N22/Fiio D3 DAC/Athena P5/Polk PSW10
Car: Acura ELS DVD-audio/Focal
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardLD50 View Post

I just got back from spending 4 hours in BB Magnolia with my full 32GB thumb stick full of test images and everything you could shake a stick at comparing the ZT/VT/F8500. At the end of the day I must have been in BB on the right night because they were wheeling and dealing.

They quoted the following:

ZT 65 for $3300 out the door
VT 65 for $2750 out the door
F8500 for $2800 out the door

I chose the VT because at the end of the day you could BARELY see a difference between the two panels unless they turned back on their lighting, then the ZT took a slight edge due to glare. Bottom line is the ZT was not worth $550 more and I plan on using that money to get the VT professionally calibrated.

The deals are out there, you just need to pit stores against each other. I got hard on the manager and asked him if BB is going to stay in the game and start selling off volume versus profit. I'm still buying TV's from you and I'll send everyone I know in the Chicagoland area to this BB to buy them smile.gif It worked. I happen to know the cost of all three panels and I"ll tell you what, don't feel bad for them when they tell you "We're aren't making any money.". Each panel is marked up over $1000.

Hi There, which Chicagoland store? I am ready to make a purchase. Also do you know the manager's name?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 AM

Liked: 12
Went to my local Best Buy yesterday with a list of stores offering the 65vt60 for ~$2600. The salesman had no issue matching the price, but had to get manager approval. The manager said there has been a lot of talk lately about people matching internet prices that were not on the approved list. Specifically East Coast TV. He went as far as saying some managers in the Chicago area were getting fired over it. He said the current policy requires him to call his district manager to approve price matching. After 3 attempts, I was completely shot down. He was very helpful and just doing his job. So, we started hunting web stores to price match and found the 65vt60 for $2999 at buy.com. This is an approved store for best buy to match. He used that info and called HH Gregg and got them to quote him $2850 over the phone. He offered me the same price with 3yr no interest and free delivery. So, I ended up slightly higher than I had hoped for but still ~$450 lower than retail and I get the benefits of a local store with 60 day return policy. Overall, I was happy with the experience. Is it Saturday yet?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 AM

Wow, that manager really did you a solid. You should probably send him a Christmas card this year biggrin.gif.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post

Went to my local Best Buy yesterday with a list of stores offering the 65vt60 for ~$2600. The salesman had no issue matching the price, but had to get manager approval. The manager said there has been a lot of talk lately about people matching internet prices that were not on the approved list. Specifically East Coast TV. He went as far as saying some managers in the Chicago area were getting fired over it. He said the current policy requires him to call his district manager to approve price matching. After 3 attempts, I was completely shot down. He was very helpful and just doing his job. So, we started hunting web stores to price match and found the 65vt60 for $2999 at buy.com. This is an approved store for best buy to match. He used that info and called HH Gregg and got them to quote him $2850 over the phone. He offered me the same price with 3yr no interest and free delivery. So, I ended up slightly higher than I had hoped for but still ~$450 lower than retail and I get the benefits of a local store with 60 day return policy. Overall, I was happy with the experience. Is it Saturday yet?

I think i still hold the record for the last 5 weeks owning a 65" VT60 for 2599.00 plus tax. Got it from best buy.. Went through the general manager. Got 115 cash back with a free calibration
Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:

He was very helpful and just doing his job. So, we started hunting web stores to price match and found the 65vt60 for $2999 at buy.com. This is an approved store for best buy to match. He used that info and called HH Gregg and got them to quote him $2850 over the phone. He offered me the same price with 3yr no interest and free delivery. So, I ended up slightly higher than I had hoped for but still ~$450 lower than retail and I get the benefits of a local store with 60 day return policy. Overall, I was happy with the experience. Is it Saturday yet?

If all BBY experiences were similar to this, then we'd all be shopping there. Well done!!

Slightly off-topic, but is 3yr same as cash back?

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
Old 06-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post

If all BBY experiences were similar to this, then we'd all be shopping there. Well done!!

Slightly off-topic, but is 3yr same as cash back?

No you get to choose .
Old 06-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Thats awesome, I am looking to do the same thing. Which store did you visit and do you remember the managers name?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM

This was in Lafayette, Indiana I don't remember his name. Offer was no interest or 5% back in reward pts.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
It seems Best Buy just ceased offering both cash back and a promotional APR on the same purchase according to an email received earlier today. Fortunately, I made my purchase earlier this month so I was able to procure them both.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:41 AM

Are 55" VT60's popping up on any good deal radars? Just raided i my console so I guessing actually have a few months without having input lag to worry about if I wanted to, would still be great to have something figured out and secured for the PS4 and Xbox Episode One (A Console Prequel Disaster adventure by George Lucas). Going to late November has it becoming more and more realistic to all out skip this gen. but it's not as if I buy TVs yearly anyway, before this whole deal I had a ~06-08 era Samsung LCD with the Triangular Leno Chin and a whopping 32" diagonally. Anyway I guess I will be looking for a VT60 55" deal or just wait a bit and get the S60 as cheap as possible for a few months until the GT70 shows up, that's right I'm praying for as much, I'll gladly pay for the silicon given the option again. Anyway it's great to see a bunch of you guys finding deals that are exactly what you were looking for with the bigger sizes, Enjoy!

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 AM

yeah the policy is if you have a best buy credit card you can either get no interest or cash back

i dont see how anyone can get both because at the register you have to choose on the credit card machine after you swipe

so i am calling BS whoever got both
Old 06-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

yeah the policy is if you have a best buy credit card you can either get no interest or cash back

i dont see how anyone can get both because at the register you have to choose on the credit card machine after you swipe

so i am calling BS whoever got both

The change isn't supposed to take place until July 30th

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/rules

Summary of changes effective 7/30:

Reward Zone points: Points will no longer expire at the end of the year. Keep your points as long as you have qualifying activity in your account at least once every 12 months.
Reward Zone Credit Card Purchases: You are eligible to receive 5% back (2.5 points per $1)1 on standard credit purchase made with your Reward Zone Credit Card. Purchases made on your credit card using promotional financing will not qualify for points. All purchases made on your credit card will continue to count toward Premier Silver status, regardless of financing option used.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliehr View Post

The change isn't supposed to take place until July 30th

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/rules

Summary of changes effective 7/30:

Reward Zone points: Points will no longer expire at the end of the year. Keep your points as long as you have qualifying activity in your account at least once every 12 months.
Reward Zone Credit Card Purchases: You are eligible to receive 5% back (2.5 points per $1)1 on standard credit purchase made with your Reward Zone Credit Card. Purchases made on your credit card using promotional financing will not qualify for points. All purchases made on your credit card will continue to count toward Premier Silver status, regardless of financing option used.

Yeap so you can only choose one or the other. You cant have both
Old 06-23-2013, 03:35 PM

I just signed up here to tell you guys about the great deal I got at Best Buy. I wanted to get a 60ST60 but they are completely out and unable to order me one so the best buy manager here in Minnesota offered to sell me the 60VT60 for $2199.99 but hat was too much for my wife so I asked about the 55VT60 and he came down to $1799.99 so if you're interested in either of these TVs go into your local best buy claiming to want the 60ST60 and see what happens when they try to give you a deal on a VT60. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 PM

Sounds about right

I paid 2599.00 for my 65" VT at bestbuy a month ago
Old 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T I G View Post

F8500 has similar input lag as ST60 though.
Yea I keep hearing mixed reports, I know it's bad but definitely better than st60. Ugh, y'all must be tired of hearing this but I. Want. GT. Series. Now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

One of the reason I said hell no to the ST60 and F8500 . On top of that the F8500 has been reported several times with crushed/floating blacks with similar black levels to a 2011 panny

This is going to be a gaming monitor one day in the man cave but for right now its a primary for watch is HDTV and Blu-ray

but its nice to know you have one of the fastest plasmas for 2013 if the gaming urge ever kicks in
I think I'm going to get a Vita and use it for gaming lmao and just wait till the PS4 shows up to see what deals I can get. I think we may have discussed a bit back in the early days of the ST60 F8500 ST50 discussion you started....did you have the same ~08 era Leno Chin Samsung LCD that I did or am I off base.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Liked: 18
I have been looking through these forums for about a month or so. In this time I flipped all over the place regarding which television to put into my soon-to-be-finished man cave. I'm regaining my sanity now.

For shits and giggles, I called up Best Buy today to see if they would price match ECTV for the 65VT60. Worst thing they could say is no. After about 5 minutes, the salesman came back on the phone and said his manager would match the ECTV price of $2588 + Tax with 18 months deferred interest. I went to BB to finalize the deal and walked out of the store for $2763 with a Sunday delivery date. I got it from the Greensboro, NC store. The guy that rang me up was totally in awe of the price I was able to get.

Thanks to all those who did share their experiences regarding price matching, as well as the pro's and con's of many of the TV's I was contemplating. I probably would not have gotten the TV for such a good price without the feedback ;-D
jevans04 likes this.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Well, the best price for the 65VT60 that I could get at my local BB is $2899 + tax. BB has a monopoly in my area for high end electronics so I didn't expect even that. They would not match any internet price but gave me the "discount" for being a "loyal customer for many years."

Larry
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WroboBuckeye View Post

For shits and giggles, I called up Best Buy today to see if they would price match ECTV for the 65VT60. Worst thing they could say is no. After about 5 minutes, the salesman came back on the phone and said his manager would match the ECTV price of $2588 + Tax with 18 months deferred interest. I went to BB to finalize the deal and walked out of the store for $2763 with a Sunday delivery date. I got it from the Greensboro, NC store. The guy that rang me up was totally in awe of the price I was able to get.

Thanks WroboBuckeye! Because of your post, this morning I figured I would try the same thing. I printed out the ECTV price off their website for the 65VT60 and walked into my local Best Buy and asked if they would match the price. The Magnolia manager happened to be the first person I talked to and she matched the price on the spot, no hassle. I paid $2585 plus Florida 6% sales tax. Delivery is scheduled for this Saturday.

And many thanks to everyone that participates in these forums. I have educated myself a great deal about HDTVs in the past few weeks of reading and researching the posts here. I look forward to continuing to visit here often and continuing to learn.
WroboBuckeye likes this.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM

Just ordered 65" VT60 from Amazon with 24month on my Amazon Prime Credit card plus 2% cash back and of course the Amazon prime points etc. Makes this tv landed ~$2700.00. All I had to do was place the order then contact them via chat and ask about matching Paulstv.com $2999 with the SAVE300 coupon. Not a bad deal at all.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Did the Paul's price go down to $3,000 with the $300 discount? A few days ago it was $3,300-$300 = $3,000. How did you get $2,700?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

Did the Paul's price go down to $3,000 with the $300 discount? A few days ago it was $3,300-$300 = $3,000. How did you get $2,700?

No sorry maybe it makes more sense this way

Amazon price matched $2999
plus 24month financing and 2% rebate for using Amazon credit card
plus Amazon prime points which turn into cash

makes the panel around $2700 after all that stuff. I am an Amazon junkie so amazon store credit is as good as cash to me
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM

I got mine for 2599+tax rewards back 115.00 and free best buy calibration.
Also got 4 year warranty for 399.00
Square trade.
Still waiting for someone to post a better deal, ive held the best price since may15
Old 06-25-2013, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Stop bragging, bro (the BB calibration isn't necessarily anything to brag about anyway wink.gif).
Old 06-25-2013, 01:57 PM

Liked: 18
Congrats JEvans! Glad I inspired someone today ;-)

OT - but what the hell - anyone know who does good calibrations in the Greensboro, NC area and what it might run me? Need to start funneling away money (what the wifey don't know won't hurt her) :-D

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread