Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 76 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2251 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to explain this to my wife.

Her: "So did you get any good advice on what to do with this 'amazing' TV that's not working?"

Me: "Yup, most think I should buy two!" Hehe. 

The irony of all this is the day AFTER delivery the temperature in Boston was well over 50...and presumably they would have powered on the set. Fat chance of that happening again, in January.

Great idea to talk to Amazon. I mentioned the situation already to ensure I could return the TV after the technician took a look/tried to repair it. Seems like they might be willing to cover my return since I could claim the alternative would be me returning a higher $ sale right now, and I'm not sure how they would resell this one, given it's in need of repair. Now if only they would give me the vt60 price for it! :rolleyes:I'm a little worried about having the guy successfully fixing it only to later find out this one will continually have issues. But it sounds like people think if it's "just" the power board that alone wouldn't be likely. Hmm...maybe a service plan is in order if I go that route...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM

Liked: 31
Bought my 65VT60 at Best Buy after Thanksgiving for $2150.
Yesterday Best Buy put in it on sale for $2000.

Best Buy has a 15 day price match policy, and as an Elite Plus member I an afforded a 45 day return window. I called Best Buy's price match hot line and they said they couldn't do anything since it was past the 15 day window.

I went to the store tonight and talked to Customer Service. They said that if I wanted to physically return the tv, I was welcome to, and then I could buy a new tv for the sale price, I said thank you, but I wasn't going to do that.

So I then went wandering around the tv department looking at all the pretty tvs. Salesman asked if he could help me. I said no thanks, as I had been there to talk to Customer Service about a price match but they couldn't help me because I was beyond the 15 day window. He said he could help. I said 'nah, they had already turned me down'. He then remembered that he was my original salesman, and that of course he could help me. And then he gave me a $150 price adjustment.

Thank you Best Buy!!

Salesman went on to tell me that Best Buy has lots of these tvs in South Florida.
post #2253 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 PM

I grabbed a 60VT from abt through discover for $1850. For people that have had discover price match after purchase, how does it work? Can I send them a screenshot of the previous Brandsmart price and get the match or does it have to be live?
post #2254 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makav3li View Post

I grabbed a 60VT from abt through discover for $1850. For people that have had discover price match after purchase, how does it work? Can I send them a screenshot of the previous Brandsmart price and get the match or does it have to be live?

What size for $1850???
post #2255 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 PM

It was a 60 inch. That's why I called it a 60VT.
post #2256 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Ah, duh on my part, thought I saw VT60

65VT60
60VT60
post #2257 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Amazon is down to 120 65VT60's.....Tic Toc, Tic Toc!

My 58V10 is working and you aren't helping.

If it was a 50 it would be a no brainer since I could move it to my bedroom, and setup the 65 in the living room. The 58 is just too big for the bedroom and I don't want to deal with trying to sell it on craigslist.

post #2258 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennok View Post

My 58V10 is working and you aren't helping.

If it was a 50 it would be a no brainer since I could move it to my bedroom, and setup the 65 in the living room. The 58 is just too big for the bedroom and I don't want to deal with trying to sell it on craigslist.

I am sorry bud, Just thinking that those who think there is time may find out the hard way in a few days that there may be no more to be found......

There are 118 65VT60's left at Amazon wink.gif
post #2259 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post

I am sorry bud, Just thinking that those who think there is time may find out the hard way in a few days that there may be no more to be found......

There are 118 65VT60's left at Amazon wink.gif

No I know. It just came so much quicker than I expected. I was thinking of doing it anyway, but this has caught me offguard.

Best Buy still has the ZT60 around here and I have giftcards to both Amazon and BB so tempted to buy the ZT if the VT is gone before I decide.

post #2260 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Anyone have a screenshot of the Brandsmart 60VT price of $1650 they could send me? PM me please, thanks.
post #2261 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

As pissed as I was that my 54 Viera Tc-P54G25 had odd red lines in it last week, I was grateful that it did it when it did.

I had no idea Panasonic was done with Plasmas, hadn't been on this forum in a very long time!

I'm just hoping I take delivery while Amazon has some left, just in case there is an issue with the one I get!
post #2262 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

Best Buy has a 15 day price match policy, and as an Elite Plus member I an afforded a 45 day return window. I called Best Buy's price match hot line and they said they couldn't do anything since it was past the 15 day window.

I went to the store tonight and talked to Customer Service. They said that if I wanted to physically return the tv, I was welcome to, and then I could buy a new tv for the sale price, I said thank you, but I wasn't going to do that.

So I then went wandering around the tv department looking at all the pretty tvs. Salesman asked if he could help me. I said no thanks, as I had been there to talk to Customer Service about a price match but they couldn't help me because I was beyond the 15 day window. He said he could help. I said 'nah, they had already turned me down'. He then remembered that he was my original salesman, and that of course he could help me. And then he gave me a $150 price adjustment.

Thank you Best Buy!!

Salesman went on to tell me that Best Buy has lots of these tvs in South Florida.

This is stupid, it must really depend store to store. I got a price match on a Pioneer Elite Sc-63 that I bought November 2nd and had them pricematch the new clearance price this past Saturday. No issues at all. I would tell them that I will return the TV if they don't price match it and than buy it for clearance open box which will really eat into their profits. I realize your issue got resolved but the inconsistencies are ridiculous between stores.

post #2263 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Not that anyone needs another anecdote — but I’ve been drawn into the frenzy. I just received my 60VT from Amazon ($1600+ plus tax) and was contemplating exchanging it for the 65VT (for which they’ve agreed to honor the BBY price). But, though I’d be a sufficient distance, 65” would overwhelm the room. Maybe others will find/have found that to be true, too. Despite the temptation, I think I’ll hold onto the 60VT and see what happens to the 60ZT in the coming days/weeks.

Of course, I might still be swayed (though it won't be an option for long). Not an easy decision but great deals all around. Amazon’s treating its customers very, very well here.

post #2264 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 PM

Liked: 16

Holy **** did I just luck out! I originally purchased my 65VT60 for $2,300 when they had the free sound bar offer back in mid November. When the price dropped to $2150, I messaged amazon and got $150 back and got to keep my free sound bar. When the price fell to $2000 yesterday I chatted with amazon stating that I am still in my return policy and would like the price matched to the $2000, the big items department rep agreed without a single hesitation so I was already happy. However I noticed that I never received a confirmation email stating that I will be getting a refund of another $150 so today after work I emailed them stating that I got the approval but the refund is only showing as pending for the last 24 hrs. Well I just got an email that I got refunded another $300! Whoever redid the price match must have looked at the original price I purchased the TV for, not the $2150 that was already adjusted. So now I officially got my 65vt60 for $1850 plus a free soundbar, plus the 2% cash back which I believe was given to me on the original $2300 price. Can't beat that!

post #2265 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishDude View Post

This is stupid, it must really depend store to store. I got a price match on a Pioneer Elite Sc-63 that I bought November 2nd and had them pricematch the new clearance price this past Saturday. No issues at all. I would tell them that I will return the TV if they don't price match it and than buy it for clearance open box which will really eat into their profits. I realize your issue got resolved but the inconsistencies are ridiculous between stores.

That's basically what happened with my 60ZT60. I bought it for 2299 (and at the time that was supposed to be a pretty good deal), then swapped it out due to my concerns over IR and ultimately ended up with a Sharp Elite that was a leftover open box. That TV ended up having skin tone problems with blown out skin tones and a yellowish cast to people's faces so I was a little exasperated as I really liked the Sharp, and I'm not an LCD guy by any stretch. So I went back to the store and saw my barely used TV sitting there OB and they offered it to me for 1933. At this point I figured the ZT was about as good as it was going to get and I'd just live with the IR so I bought my own TV back and got another 300 something dollars off essentially. Pretty good, I thought. So I scheduled the delivery and a couple of days passed and I noticed BB was doing the 10 percent off open box deal through 1/4. So just on a whim I called the store to see if I could get in on that since I was still within my return policy anyway (I made sure to mention that specifically), and they said to just come back to claim it after the TV was actually delivered. I was out of town anyway so it worked out perfectly.

Well then a few days later the BB delivery guys show up with a BRAND NEW in the box ZT60 that definitely wasn't my old one. So I really have no idea what ultimately happened, but I ended up getting the brand new TV, when considering my 50.00 reward zone benefit, for 1690.00. They also had given me a 15.00 gift card the first day for some promotion so it really ended up being 1675.

So definitely it's a store to store and rep to rep thing. One thing I can tell you, less experienced associates in the customer service department are not privy to all of the options and systems they have to go into to do these things all the time, and out of fear of not knowing how to do it sometimes they'll just tell you they can't. The senior CS associates almost always know how to process all of these requests because they've seen everything over the years (BB associates tend to almost be lifers at that place). So you just have to be nice and not demand anything. The day that I got my 10 percent adjustment I actually overheard the senior girl tell her trainee that I was always easy to work with and very patient but that some customers get upset if you ask for their IDs too many times etc. etc.

Problem now is the whole reason I was out of town in the first place was because I happened across my 141FD ebay deal at the same time all of this was going on and I went down there to pick it up. Now the Elite is all set up (and I'm sure as hell not interested in moving it by myself) and the Panasonic is just sitting there on the floor. Haven't ultimately decided what the heck I am going to do now but with the deal I got on the Panasonic I don't want to return another one, and I don't want to do that to the store anyway since they took such good care of me.
post #2266 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
^I still owe more on my June-purchased ZT60 than the ultimate price you paid. It just goes to show that it pays to wait (to a point).
post #2267 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by windomearle View Post

Are you sure about this? I just returned my VT60 because I wanted a ZT60 instead. I got the full refund of $2149. I don't know if it made a difference that they were able to pick up the old TV at the same time they delivered the new one.
Yep, I'm sure. You probably didn't get charged because you were doing an exchange (of sorts), not a return.
post #2268 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^I still owe more on my June-purchased ZT60 than the ultimate price you paid. It just goes to show that it pays to wait (to a point).

I remember when Scott W. first started talking about the ZT and how much it cost in relation to the VT and thinking there was just no way I'd ever be able to afford/justify it. Then I don't even remember what spurred all of this nonsense to begin with as I had my Samsung F4500 that I was otherwise happy with, but seeing the tumble the ZTs started taking around thanksgiving time (I think?) I couldn't resist anymore. Then as is usual with my hobbies, I just went overboard and ended up with 2 TVs. Really three if you consider my brother's F8500 which I also just stumbled on out of no where that one day when I was visiting.

Not a bad collection to have, I suppose. But now it's bordering on hoarding.

The biggest irony is that my room-mate is really one of those no frills type of people that doesn't even see the point to any of it. So since he gets the living room for his use as he runs his business out of there, there is literally a 32 inch Dynex TV sitting in the living room, while the plasmas are currently residing in my room. Silly.
vinnie97 likes this.
post #2269 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM

Good lineup to wait out the uncertain LCD future. wink.gif I went through something similar with the Kuros, which I now no longer have. I jumped too soon then as well. Otherwise I might still be holding onto a 500M/101FD right now had I nabbed one during the final firesale (prices below $2k IIRC).
post #2270 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Good lineup to wait out the uncertain LCD future. wink.gif I went through something similar with the Kuros, which I now no longer have. I jumped too soon then as well. Otherwise I might still be holding onto a 500M/101FD right now had I nabbed one during the final firesale (prices below $2k IIRC).

I wish I knew what the hell I was doing back then that I just completely missed that entire Kuro era. I kept hearing about them and hearing about them and saw all the last KURO commercials and I just never looked into them at that point. Really stupid of me to not have even sniffed around a little bit. I guess this was during one of my "don't care about TV" periods.
post #2271 of 3294 Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 PM

I saw some of those commercials as well. *Still* wasn't enough to keep them afloat sadly. I didn't care about home theater incidentally enough until the arrival of HD DVD (followed by Blu-ray of course). That changed it all for me, high definition. I've been addicted ever since. Oh well, guess I'll stop cluttering up this thread with life history and anecdotes (those thread subscribers are surely itching for a last-minute firesale).
Playdrv4me likes this.
post #2272 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 AM

Liked: 31
Funny how we expect BB and Amazon and others to refund us when a competitor has a lower price After we already bought the tv. But I've never gone back to my local grocery store and said 'hey give me a price refund on the box of cereal I bought from you last week because this week the other grocery store down the street has it on sale'.
post #2273 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM

I got in on the 1999 Amazon deal for the 65vt60, but looks like I'll be cancelling it now since I will be using it as a monitor. Really bummed out as I wanted to get it before they are gone. Any ways, I do plan on using it to watch TV and Movies, but there will be days that I will use it as a secondary computer monitor in a bright office/den. Guess I'll save the $2k for now.

About 80% of what I'm reading says not to use plasma as a monitor. I'm trying to justify keeping my order, but really tearing me up that I about to hit the cancel button. I really want it, but I guess not realistic for my use. Darn that IR/Burn-in issue.
post #2274 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:

Funny how we expect BB and Amazon and others to refund us when a competitor has a lower price After we already bought the tv. But I've never gone back to my local grocery store and said 'hey give me a price refund on the box of cereal I bought from you last week because this week the other grocery store down the street has it on sale'.

Food is a perishable good and some grocery chains will honor competitors coupons. And I think the fact that you can save hundreds of dollars over several dollars plays into consumers demanding this as well.
post #2275 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken54321 View Post

I got in on the 1999 Amazon deal for the 65vt60, but looks like I'll be cancelling it now since I will be using it as a monitor. Really bummed out as I wanted to get it before they are gone. Any ways, I do plan on using it to watch TV and Movies, but there will be days that I will use it as a secondary computer monitor in a bright office/den. Guess I'll save the $2k for now.

About 80% of what I'm reading says not to use plasma as a monitor. I'm trying to justify keeping my order, but really tearing me up that I about to hit the cancel button. I really want it, but I guess not realistic for my use. Darn that IR/Burn-in issue.

I've used a KURO as a part time monitor for years. ZERO issues with burn in. If you keep windows up 24/7 on it right out of the gates, yeah, you might get some temporary burn in. I waited til I had about 500 hours on my Kuro before hooking my PC up to it. Played the living crap out of Half Life and Crysis on that thing.
post #2276 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:

If it's their policy, then why not? Don't hate the player, hate the game.
post #2277 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:

Thank you Best Buy!!

Glad you ended up getting the match! Sad to hear what you had to go through.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #2278 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:

marvin4653 likes this.
post #2279 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23 View Post

If the local supermarket ADVERTISED price protection, people would!
post #2280 of 3294 Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
so hard to avoid getting in on this.
if only it were spaced a few months out from the holidays, would be easier on the WAF.
synaptech likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page