Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 91 - AVS Forum
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! > Panasonic VT60 Deals...
NCpowerlifter's Avatar NCpowerlifter 12:42 PM 01-29-2014

colnago's Avatar colnago 01:41 PM 01-29-2014

^^^
Damages:

* Dent, Location: Stand

Wow, if there was a blow strong enough to dent the stand, in what condition is the rest of the set?
giomania's Avatar giomania 02:05 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesthereis View Post

Has anybody checked with Cleveland Plasma for a VT60?  They might have them in stock. 

Is that the place located in Boise? wink.gif
avsno0bie's Avatar avsno0bie 02:24 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

^hmm if the glass isn't cracked id maybe just try and straiten it out and keep it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Given the scarcity of these things at this point, I'd have to say that does not look good, but it doesn't look terrible if the panel hasn't been damaged in any way. If you can work out a way to get them to give you money back in the deal, keeping it may work out for you in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Man you just made me get up and cause my daughter to get killed in her video game (snowed out in VA today) to check that same corner under the sticker and tape I haven't removed on my 60VT yet lol

Sorry for your luck but at least it's not screen related so it should be an easy fix, I would think.

Yeah screen is just beautiful no sign of crack or dirt under the glass of what so ever (after discovered the damage I make sure to thoroughly check the screen). Only other very very minor scratch is the right silver part, same side as the damage (very minor no biggie). PQ is unbelievable after returning two LED sets LA8600 LG and 6300 Samsung. The only problem is the women is annoyed by it, saying something needs to be done. This totally will put a dent to the value, Is it fair to say that they either Brandsmart or SAIA, freight should credit me back for the damage if I decided to keep it?

Really hoping that they will work with me on this one. So far according to the rep that's helping me it doesn't look too good. We'll see after they send out the rep to inspect the tv. According to them I should hear back in 2-3 day and that was Monday. So far not a single email or phone call.

ScaryFatKidGT's Avatar ScaryFatKidGT 02:27 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattweisz View Post

I just now bought a brand new 60VT60 on (shipped and sold by) Amazon for $1999. Tried to price match to the $1799 Best Buy price, but they don't match clearance.

Now, I have to decide by the end of the day whether to take this 60VT60, or wait for the 65VT60 that they(Amazon) keep telling me will ship in March.
Really? They all show over $3000 for me...
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 02:30 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

Really? They all show over $3000 for me...
Amazon.com had two up for a few minutes. I almost pulled the trigger but would rather have a 65" one. If it had been the same price as Best Buy has theirs I would have gone for it.
ScaryFatKidGT's Avatar ScaryFatKidGT 02:36 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

If it's on the wall first thing you need to ask is if they have the stand, there's a good chance they don't from what I've run across and it wouldn't surprise me if most if not all of the rest of the stuff is missing to.

If they don't know how to do it, which is likely, tell them to go to "menu", then "picture" then scroll down to "screen settings" then "screen wipe" and tell them to look very closely at all of the white areas of the screen.

Hey, that's a good idea! lol, hadn't thought of that one, or they could video it on the ph and send it to you....kinda kidding but that would be great because they don't always tell you the truth and then you get down there after driving 4 hrs and it's got a big ol' fat burn in all over the screen.

I simply meant to have them check all of this stuff before you drive all the way down there and waist a day for nothing. I'm speaking from experience here. And make sure you get the full name of the employee you have check it before getting off the ph with them. If you end up going down to look at it in person take along USB stick with a white slide on it which will enable you to see the whole screen in a static form.
If there is any IR at all should I skip it? He said it has been playing a switching channel feed of direct TV and last time he looked at it, it had a faint sportcenter banner at the bottom but then he hung up to go look for the stand and stuff, ill probe him more when he calls back. Idk who would buy these with no stand or 3D glasses thats $300 right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Yes, you can buy just the stand. ~$150-$200. Part numbers below.

I think you need to buy both of these, though I'm not 100% sure.

TXFBL5Z0135 - Bracket and screws
TBL5ZX07141 - Actual pedestal
Damn thats a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsno0bie View Post

Yeah screen is just beautiful no sign of crack or dirt under the glass of what so ever (after discovered the damage I make sure to thoroughly check the screen). Only other very very minor scratch is the right silver part, same side as the damage (very minor no biggie). PQ is unbelievable after returning two LED sets LA8600 LG and 6300 Samsung. The only problem is the women is annoyed by it, saying something needs to be done. This totally will put a dent to the value, Is it fair to say that they either Brandsmart or SAIA, freight should credit me back for the damage if I decided to keep it?

Really hoping that they will work with me on this one. So far according to the rep that's helping me it doesn't look too good. We'll see after they send out the rep to inspect the tv. According to them I should hear back in 2-3 day and that was Monday. So far not a single email or phone call.
I'd call them and demand some money back, but don't send it back you will never get another

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdJags View Post

Amazon.com had two up for a few minutes. I almost pulled the trigger but would rather have a 65" one. If it had been the same price as Best Buy has theirs I would have gone for it.
Bad idea, I would of pulled the trigger, bestbuy doesn't have any at the $1799 price so it doesn't matter.
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 02:44 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

If there is any IR at all should I skip it? He said it has been playing a switching channel feed of direct TV and last time he looked at it, it had a faint sportcenter banner at the bottom but then he hung up to go look for the stand and stuff, ill probe him more when he calls back. Idk who would buy these with no stand or 3D glasses thats $300 right there.
Damn thats a lot
I'd call them and demand some money back, but don't send it back you will never get another
Bad idea, I would of pulled the trigger, bestbuy doesn't have any at the $1799 price so it doesn't matter.
I know BB does not have any new in stock but I could not pull the trigger as I purchased the 65" one from Amazon for the same price. I am sure it is a good buy but I am going to hold out for a 65" version. I would be set right now if mine had not arrived with a cracked screen yesterday.
onefatsurfer's Avatar onefatsurfer 02:55 PM 01-29-2014
I might be willing to sell my stand if you need one.. Depending on the price and how much it costs to ship it. Mine is mounted on the wall and I doubt I'd ever use the stand
Megamorph's Avatar Megamorph 03:01 PM 01-29-2014
How much does the 65VT60 weigh?

Not the shipping or boxed weight. Just the actual unboxed TV.
ScaryFatKidGT's Avatar ScaryFatKidGT 03:23 PM 01-29-2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BC4SL18/ref=sr_1_6_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391034039&sr=8-6&keywords=samsung+f8500

Item will come repackaged. Display has 1 - 2 bad pixels. Scratches on back of item (less than 3" x 3"). All accessories are present and undamaged.

hmmmmm? 1-2 "BAD" pixels?
newuserplasma's Avatar newuserplasma 04:50 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamorph View Post

How much does the 65VT60 weigh?

Not the shipping or boxed weight. Just the actual unboxed TV.

Weight Without Stand 92.61 lbs (42 kg)

Weight With Stand 111.35 lbs (50.5 kg)
mattweisz's Avatar mattweisz 06:32 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

I just now bought a brand new 60VT60 on (shipped and sold by) Amazon for $1999. Tried to price match to the $1799 Best Buy price, but they don't match clearance.

Now, I have to decide by the end of the day whether to take this 60VT60, or wait for the 65VT60 that they(Amazon) keep telling me will ship in March.

...and the 60VT60 from Amazon that said it was in stock when I ordered earlier today, is now backordered until March. Definitely something wrong with their inventory system @Amazon.
DvdJags's Avatar DvdJags 07:52 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

...and the 60VT60 from Amazon that said it was in stock when I ordered earlier today, is now backordered until March. Definitely something wrong with their inventory system @Amazon.
Well now you do not have to make that decision. I guess it would not have mattered if I had ordered it earlier today. Did you notice that they now have "discontinued by the manufacturer" in the title?
thebesthereis 08:10 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Quote:

Has anybody checked with Cleveland Plasma for a VT60?  They might have them in stock. 

Is that the place located in Boise? wink.gif

Located at the bottom of the AVS forum page:  https://clevelandplasma.com/

Before I purchased my 65VT60 I researched prices with them for this and the Sammy F8500.

mattweisz's Avatar mattweisz 08:33 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

Well now you do not have to make that decision. I guess it would not have mattered if I had ordered it earlier today. Did you notice that they now have "discontinued by the manufacturer" in the title?

I'm into the 65VT60 for $2400 minus a $500 promo code they gave me for the original $1999 65VT60 that was delivered with a broken screen. I am considering canceling if they let me keep the promo code for something else on Amazon. Would do the same for the 60VT60 which I'm into for $1999 minus a $75 promo code. Really not wanting to wait til March when they'll likely just cancel my order when they finally realize they aren't getting anymore.

Yes, I saw the title, but haven't paid attention to when that changed.

Maybe I'll just upgrade the projector instead...
thebesthereis 10:26 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

Man you just made me get up and cause my daughter to get killed in her video game (snowed out in VA today) to check that same corner under the sticker and tape I haven't removed on my 60VT yet lol

Sorry for your luck but at least it's not screen related so it should be an easy fix, I would think.

Aww man, am I afraid to remove that plastic!  :eek:

How did yours turn out?

Ken54321's Avatar Ken54321 11:33 PM 01-29-2014
Finally got my 65vt60 hung on the wall of my office. Holy crap that thing is heavy. Had to hang it over 6ft high. In the process we got some fingerprints on the screen. What's the best way to clean that off? I don't want to damage the antireflective filter/screen.
CatchersDad's Avatar CatchersDad 12:41 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:

Aww man, am I afraid to remove that plastic!  :eek:

How did yours turn out?

Pristine!

dsskid's Avatar dsskid 05:15 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken54321 View Post

Finally got my 65vt60 hung on the wall of my office. Holy crap that thing is heavy. Had to hang it over 6ft high. In the process we got some fingerprints on the screen. What's the best way to clean that off? I don't want to damage the antireflective filter/screen.
Light pressure with a microfiber cloth.
Speakerphile's Avatar Speakerphile 08:53 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

Light pressure with a microfiber cloth.

Fingerprints might take a little screen cleaning fluid. Use the stuff that is meant for it and use only a small amount and you will be fine. Dry microfiber would be enough for occasional dust though. I wouldn't consider the coating delicate. Just don't use any household cleaning supplies on it. The chemicals in them can react with the coating.
dsskid's Avatar dsskid 08:57 AM 01-30-2014
Make sure the display is cool prior to using any moisture on the screen.
rlb4's Avatar rlb4 09:01 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:

Iklear is good stuff.
MrChad's Avatar MrChad 10:39 AM 01-30-2014
Quote:

I'm still waiting on the P55VT60 I ordered on 1/21, so far:

1. Received email on 1/25 that order would be delayed (originally scheduled for delivery on 1/28)
2. Spoke with rep via online chat on 1/25 and was informed that I would be emailed when new delivery date was set. Was told "we are planning to get more stock of the item."
3. Inquired about order via email on 1/25 and was told that TV was on back order.
4. Spoke with rep via online chat on 1/26 and was told that more TVs would be received on March 1.
5. Spoke with rep on phone on 1/27 and was told that the 1 P55VT60 was being transferred between warehouses prior to being handed off to the delivery company. This transfer can take 10 days sometimes, and I should receive an email once there is an update either way.

I've heard nothing since, but it sounds like it's taking them some time to shift around what little stock is left.
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 11:04 AM 01-30-2014
Amazon getting one last shipment in?
Megamorph's Avatar Megamorph 11:46 AM 01-30-2014
For those who had the TV shipped via SAIA or one of the other OTR shippers, did you unbox the TV and inspect before the driver left your home?

What is the proper procedure here?
RICLI's Avatar RICLI 12:20 PM 01-30-2014
Just got a new in box 60vt60 for $1599 @ PC Richard in New York. A 66 store N/E chain. It was the last one. No other sizes available too. Wife's gonna kill me & won't understand that it was a good price
Ken54321's Avatar Ken54321 12:21 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post

Iklear is good stuff.
where can I get this iklear stuff at locally?

Also I've been reading that just using distilled water with either isopropyl alcohol or dish washing liquid would be fine as well.

As far as microfiber is concerned should I get the Terry cloth type or the real fine cloth that is used for glasses? Or does it really matter just as long as it's microfiber
busbeepbeep's Avatar busbeepbeep 12:31 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamorph View Post

For those who had the TV shipped via SAIA or one of the other OTR shippers, did you unbox the TV and inspect before the driver left your home?

What is the proper procedure here?

It was very cold when mine got delivered, but my delivery was through Pilot. Unboxed the tv. I took a flashlight and examined all over the screen. Didn't notice any damages. The external box and the internal packing material was all intact. I didn't turn it on due to temperature, so noted that on the receipt before signing.

I copied this from either this thread or the other VT thread:

DELIVERY INSPECTION STEPS:
1. Inspect TV Exterior for Dents or Damage
2. Inspect TV Stand for Dents or Damage
3. Check Manufacturer's Date
August or Later: Includes a "foam fix" to reduce excessive fan noise present on some, but not all, units July or Earlier: Listen for excessive fan noise. If present, contact Panasonic support for a free "foam fix"
4. Use LED Flashlight to Inspect Screen for Hairline Cracks or Imperfections
5. Plug TV into a Surge Protector
6. Add Batteries to TV Remote
7. Ensure that TV Powers On (Using Remote Button) & Skip All Initial Setup Steps
8. Check TV's Usage Hours to Ensure It's New: Menu > Help > Version > Status4 (Axxxx - The # after the letter represents the # of hours)
9. Check for Dead Pixels or Other Defects (if possible, do this while running slides)
rlb4's Avatar rlb4 12:37 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

where can I get this iklear stuff at locally?

Also I've been reading that just using distilled water with either isopropyl alcohol or dish washing liquid would be fine as well.

As far as microfiber is concerned should I get the Terry cloth type or the real fine cloth that is used for glasses? Or does it really matter just as long as it's microfiber

I wouldn't use any of those you mentioned above. There may or may not be a coating on the glass and you don't want to use anything that could damage it. Iklear is a very neutral liquid and will not damage any coatings. It is recommended by Apple for use on their screens and monitors if that means anything. I got mine from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Klear-Screen-Cleaning-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B0023WU6OI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391110086&sr=8-2&keywords=iklear You can use either the terry or fine mocrofiber cloths. I use both.
Tags: Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop