Forum Jump: 

post #2791 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by trp3383 View Post

Amazon has a warehouse one for sale right now. 65vt60 for $2136 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BC4SN9S/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
yeah but whats a "bad pixel"?

I took the 55" for $1585, repackaged but flawless with all accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdJags View Post

Are you sure about that? I find that hard to believe.

Yes. Confirmed with panny rep as I bought one. Unless the status at sell was "new", there is no manufacturers warranty. Really sucks but I'm nor surprised.
post #2793 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Liked: 11
Hey guys,

I too am searching for one of the last Panasonic plasmas.
A local Best Buy has a 60" VT60 that has been on the shelf for 7-8 months that they're selling for $1300.

Do you think it's wise to buy a model that's been on display for that long?
What are the downsides?

Thanks for any insight you can bring. I'm looking to jump on this deal fast if it's a good one.

Zach
post #2794 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 646
post #2795 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 PM

So you wouldn't be concerned about it being on for that long?
post #2796 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Now that my TV is mounted, which by the way is probably a foot too high - but can't change that now. Is there an advantage to running Dnice slides or can I just watch it at contrast level of 40 full screen for the first100 hours? Any advantage of using the slides? Will the slides improve my picture quality over the long run or is it just to get me to using the higher contrast level sooner?
post #2797 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachyahoo View Post

Why be concerned if you buy a warranty ??? Once you use your TV for a week, it is now used, just one is used more than another.

--- I will note, for that price the unit is probably gone already......
CatchersDad likes this.
post #2798 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 PM

I was told by a Best Buy rep that this model would only last 2 years because of all the use in the store.
Is this completely off?
post #2799 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

LOL, like after two years to date the TV will blink, all time used up, all time used up and then turn off forever.

They say these panels have 100,000 hours to its half life. That unit maybe has 3,000 tops. Not to mention if you buy a 5 year warranty and it does fail after 2 years, who cares, you have the warranty...........

Lets make it easy, just tell us the location of the TV and one of us will buy it smile.gif Where is it located ???
zachyahoo and CatchersDad like this.
post #2800 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

I was told by a Best Buy rep that this model would only last 2 years because of all the use in the store.
Is this completely off?

Complete BS! It takes 100,000 hours for the panel to drop to 1/2 brightness. The 7-8 months of use in the store is nothing compared to the lifetime of the display. The rest of the electronics can last for decades.

Now, if he is saying that the TV has been abused in some way, it is a different matter. But that is highly unlikely. And, the TV will still be covered but the Panasonic warranty.

You should buy this now.

PS: I saw Cleveland Plasma replied before I could. And, I agree with his comment. Just tell me which store has this TV, and I will check it out for you. And because I am a nice guy, I will test this TV in my house for a few years and when I am absolutely sure that it is OK, I will sell it you.
zachyahoo likes this.
post #2801 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #2802 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

Complete BS! It takes 100,000 hours for the panel to drop to 1/2 brightness. The 7-8 months of use in the store is nothing compared to the lifetime of the display. The rest of the electronics can last for decades.

Now, if he is saying that the TV has been abused in some way, it is a different matter. But that is highly unlikely. And, the TV will still be covered but the Panasonic warranty.

You should buy this now.

PS: I saw Cleveland Plasma replied before I could. And, I agree with his comment. Just tell me which store has this TV, and I will check it out for you. And because I am a nice guy, I will test this TV in my house for a few years and when I am absolutely sure that it is OK, I will sell it you.
"The rest of the electronics" are what are far more likely to fail than the panel itself (and, I suspect, sooner than "decades").
zachyahoo likes this.
post #2803 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

LMAO !! Now that is a little funnier than what I said.

--- I would say there is a good chance it is gone.........
zachyahoo and CatchersDad like this.
post #2804 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlen View Post

Amazon was supposed to deliver my TC-P65VT60 today, but notified me 3 days ago that wouldn't happen. After speaking with them today they told me they have an "unspecified problem" with no eta on when I would receive a status update or when the TV would ship.

At this point I'm contemplating canceling my order with amazon due to the wait and see how the new TV's announced at CES pan out and take a stab at 4k...especially given the announced price points. Another consideration is the fact I have $500 worth of blu-ray player and a sound-bar sitting around doing nothing. I'm not really a fan of any of my available options at this moment.

Value Electronics has some left, why gamble on unknown futures.
post #2805 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:

Is this completely off?

I bought my 2007 Panny 700U, Best Buy display model, during the Jan. 2008 Super Bowl. Set had "zero" issues, until "I" killed it last Saturday, while moving it while it was still on the TV stand. YMMV.
zachyahoo likes this.
post #2806 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Is this completely off?

Lol....he's an idiot. Or...very smart and wants to scare you off so he can buy it himself. smile.gif
ScaryFatKidGT and zachyahoo like this.
post #2807 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Thank you all for your responses! We bought the TV. They tried to mark us up to $1400 but we got them back down to $1300.
chi_hawks_23 likes this.
post #2808 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Liked: 25
@zachyahoo- Congratulations! It's a great TV. I hope you enjoy it for many, many years.
zachyahoo likes this.
post #2809 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

Just FYI the prices are outrageous.
post #2810 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Lol bestbuy people are so dumb, I gave up and got the amazon one, hopefully all is good
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

Cuz they want an arm and a leg for them, told me like $2700 for a 60" VT, although most places are at $3000 for a 60" ZT which isn't bad
Quote:

Thank you all for your responses! We bought the TV. They tried to mark us up to $1400 but we got them back down to $1300.
I was guna drive 5 hours to get a 60"VT60 for $1500 (all in here a couple pages back) and it took them 5 days of them telling me they would call me back and then never hearing anything to tell me it had burn in on it cuz they played ESPN on it for most of its 3000 hours, ans in that time the other bestbuy sold there's. Then I tried calling other bestbuys further away and they were all to stupid to know what the TV came and what it didn't with most people even after I got transferred to the magnolia section were talking like the TV was hard to get at like they had only scene it once or twice when I asked them the condition of the openbox display models, like hello its right there on the wall.

One person told me the TV didn't come with the stand or glasses just the one remote and then I called back and the guys was like ummmm its sitting on the stand right now so idk why he told you that.

The guy at the bestbuy with the burned TV said he could get TV's shipped there via his freight FedEx account for $100-$150 and that he has sold over 50 TV's this way so I was calling around asking if they had the box for the open box TV's and some did but they acted like I was on crack asking about shipping, like if someones willing to drop $1500-$2000 on a TV and pay for shipping be nice to them damn it. I even heard one guy ask his manager and when I asked to talk to the manager I heard him say "No I don't wanna talk to him, I'm not going to ship it just tell him no". I was like are you F-ing me, then I finally got ahold of him to tell him that I would pay for it and all they would have to do is give it to the fex-ex guy and I would insure it so it would be in my hands if it got broke and not bestbuys but I eventually just gave up and found a 55" from amazon warehouse deals.
post #2811 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Good news is one time the store was busy so I got customer service and she called the store for me, and it took about 30min for her to get any info (that the TV was in perfect condition but without the 3D glasses) so I got $100 gift card sent to me for my 5 days of trouble and 2 buy 3D glasses she suggested... but then I called to pay for it and just made sure than everything was ok, then was told they did have the 2 3D glasses but it had burn in and they were trying to do the screen wipe, but it didn't work and I don't think it ever would on a TV with 3k hours on it.
post #2812 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

Lol bestbuy people are so dumb, I gave up and got the amazon one, hopefully all is good

Cuz they want an arm and a leg for them, told me like $2700 for a 60" VT, although most places are at $3000 for a 60" ZT which isn't bad[/quote]

I agree, sure there were better prices during the holidays and a few weeks ago as BB and Amazon were blowing them out, but
$2700 for a VT60 is not horrible, I paid more for my VT50 over a year ago. Also considering how reputable value electronics is I feel they are charging a fair price considering the laws or supply and demand ;-)
post #2813 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Maybe that bb guy thought tv stand was the furniture it was sitting on lol. He's thinking, We'll no it doesn't come with a stand. Lmao
post #2814 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Amazon was supposed to deliver my TC-P65VT60 today, but notified me 3 days ago that wouldn't happen. After speaking with them today they told me they have an "unspecified problem" with no eta on when I would receive a status update or when the TV would ship.

At this point I'm contemplating canceling my order with amazon due to the wait and see how the new TV's announced at CES pan out and take a stab at 4k...especially given the announced price points. Another consideration is the fact I have $500 worth of blu-ray player and a sound-bar sitting around doing nothing. I'm not really a fan of any of my available options at this moment.
Why cancel, you can always cancel...... There is no real rush anyway as long as Samsung Plasma's are still around,
ScaryFatKidGT likes this.
post #2815 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 05:51 PM

kulen might wanna fix ur post, i messed up the quotes in mine but i fixed it, if just get the ZT for $300 more but I don't have that kind of money I only had about $2200 for a max budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

Maybe that bb guy thought tv stand was the furniture it was sitting on lol. He's thinking, We'll no it doesn't come with a stand. Lmao
Yeah idk I just wanted to go there and beat them with a board. Then I called customer service back wanting to tell the lady that I wasn't getting the TV and that she was told wrong about it because this is what I had been dealing with for 5 days but instead this guy just tried to help me find another TV and I told him to search within 500 miles of my zip code (but he couldn't because the max is 248 miles, I know this from experience) so he told me there were none and I asked how far he searched and he said 100 miles... I was like don't you think I've tried that. I was on Google maps picking cities and searching every thing I could find to find an open box 55 or 60 inch VT60. And he would just keep saying "well is there anything else I can do for you"....I wanted to say "obviously not, your worthless" but I know he doesn't care 10% as much as I do about getting a TV and is just doing his job so I just said thanks and hung up.

The girl I had the first time around was the most helpful person I've ever talked to affiliated with BB.

Calling BB's and online places I must have been told I could get a Samsung 8500 like 20 times, like I didn't know what that was or something. I told them I really just wanted the panny and then they told me the Samsung was "just as good"... like kinda of but not really. Now If ever put a plasma upstairs where its brighter it will probably be a 8500. Just feel like walking into a Porsche dealer and telling them I wanted a green 911 GT3 RS with white and green swede seats the optional track suspension and BBS wheels and then being told they were out but I could have a used Ferrari 430 they had lol. Although I do appreciate Cleveland Plasmas involvement here and being told on the phone to call back if I didn't find anything and that they wanted my business but I doubt they would of given me a 60" ZT for $2200 lol.
post #2816 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23 View Post

Yes. Confirmed with panny rep as I bought one. Unless the status at sell was "new", there is no manufacturers warranty. Really sucks but I'm nor surprised.

That's bull, if you buy a floor model from an authorized dealer it comes with the full manufacturers warranty. I bought a floor model 65ST60 from hhgregg, got it home and couldn't get the optical out cable to stay in, after looking at the connector on one of my VT60s it became obvious some dimwit at the store had tried to force one in and broke it. Called Panny and they asked me to send pics of it, two weeks later guy comes out and "trys" to fix it by putting a new X? board in it and I end up with 8 red blinks and it won't turn on, comes back the next day and calls Panny tech support who walks him through everything and it's back up and running with everything working as it should. Didn't cost me a dime.

post #2817 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Liked: 41
Quote:

Not in the least as long as it's in good shape otherwise.

post #2818 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Why cancel, you can always cancel...... There is no real rush anyway as long as Samsung Plasma's are still around,
I agree, If you wind up with 2 TV's it should be an easy sell. Amazon should take the one back with in 30 days too.

I'm excited to see what Samsung comes up with, most people think they will quit plasmas too but now that they have no competition I'm not sure, they just need to fill the gap between the 5000 what evers, 6300's and the 8500. They basically have S60's and ZT60's and nothing in between. And are OLED's really better? They still use a lot of power and don't get that bright? Maybe they don't buzz? Lol

I think they need to quit making crappy plasmas and watering down the market the "X" series is something that should of never been associated with Panasonic or any reputable TV maker, not sure the retro chrome helped ST60 sales either.
post #2819 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

That's bull, if you buy a floor model from an authorized dealer it comes with the full manufacturers warranty. I bought a floor model 65ST60 from hhgregg, got it home and couldn't get the optical out cable to stay in, after looking at the connector on one of my VT60s it became obvious some dimwit at the store had tried to force one in and broke it. Called Panny and they asked me to send pics of it, two weeks later guy comes out and "trys" to fix it by putting a new X? board in it and I end up with 8 red blinks and it won't turn on, comes back the next day and calls Panny tech support who walks him through everything and it's back up and running with everything working as it should. Didn't cost me a dime.

No, its not bull. Amazon's own website clearly states purchases from Warehouse deals Inc do not come with the manufacturers warranty.

Do products come with a warranty?

No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s A-to-z Guarantee. If you would like additional protection, you can purchase a warranty from Square Trade to cover certain items.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1267877011

Check this pages FAQs at the bottom. Clearly states NO.
post #2820 of 3319 Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23 View Post

No, its not bull. Amazon's own website clearly states purchases from Warehouse deals Inc do not come with the manufacturers warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1267877011

Check this pages FAQs at the bottom. Clearly states NO.
It's not like you will get a replacement plasma anyway...

I didn't get the BB warranty on my ST50, saved 200 bucks as far as I'm concerned. I know HAVING a warranty and buying one is different but TV's don't really break unless you do something to them.

Will square trade give you coverage on it?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread - P55vt60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page