AVS Forum banner
268K views 3K replies 512 participants last post by  FlynP5 
#1 ·
Typically how long does it take months wise before we start seeing price reductions? I'm in the market it buy one but can hold out a few months if it means better savings. I've been out of the tv market for awhile so I forget how long they go before pricing deals show up. Thanks for any info.

#577 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24399286

I dont even know why they try these "bundles"

they used to always give away a blu ray player...now it seems they use some other items

while I understand the theory is giving a free item might have the same value...and cost them less than than discounting the price

However...most people I know just want a lower price and not try to have the wool pulled over their eyes

Warren

It's all driven by the vendors. The benefit for them is two-fold. They avoid eroding the perceived price of their products, avoiding a race to the bottom, and they also gain market share in audio categories. To them, sales still increase when they do a bundle, so they think everything is great.

The other side of this is, everyone will tell you they'd rather have a lower price if given the choice. That is obvious. They'll still buy it with the free soundbar though. Giving a $400 speaker away with purchase is cheaper than giving a $400 rebate. So the real question you have to ask is whether a customer would prefer $200 off, or a free $400 speaker. A lot more people start to prefer the speaker at that point.

Not defending them, but this is their motivation.

#578 ·
I don't mind the bundles, if they aren't going to take money off the price it is still better than nothing. What I would like is a choice. Samsung makes enough products that someone could bundle something they need like a blu-ray, soundbar, or tablet and not simply get stuck with a product samsung wants exposure for like this M7 wireless speaker.

#579 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24401358

It's all driven by the vendors. The benefit for them is two-fold. They avoid eroding the perceived price of their products, avoiding a race to the bottom, and they also gain market share in audio categories. To them, sales still increase when they do a bundle, so they think everything is great.

The other side of this is, everyone will tell you they'd rather have a lower price if given the choice. That is obvious. They'll still buy it with the free soundbar though. Giving a $400 speaker away with purchase is cheaper than giving a $400 rebate. So the real question you have to ask is whether a customer would prefer $200 off, or a free $400 speaker. A lot more people start to prefer the speaker at that point.

Not defending them, but this is their motivation.

oh I know...ultimately its less expensive for the manufacturer than a price decrease

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorage  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24401796

I don't mind the bundles, if they aren't going to take money off the price it is still better than nothing. What I would like is a choice. Samsung makes enough products that someone could bundle something they need like a blu-ray, soundbar, or tablet and not simply get stuck with a product samsung wants exposure for like this M7 wireless speaker.

agreed

Warren

#580 ·

It's been a few weeks due to work, but I bought the 64" from Chris at Cleveland Plasma. Excellent experience. He was helpful and knowledgeable. The TV arrived in a timely manner in new condition. I saved a considerable amount compared to buying locally, and even talked cars a bit.
 I will definitely do business with him again.

#581 ·
Hello all I found the two more F8500's in SW Fort Worth if anyone is interested they are floor models and I'm sure well go fast. As with previous people who have picked these up the price negotiable

64" $2017.00

60" $1567.00

Ask for Kendal

@ Conn's 92

South Hulen

Only ones I've seen in Conn's in months

#583 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by THirdCoast79  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24418250

Hello all I found the two more F8500's in SW Fort Worth if anyone is interested they are floor models and I'm sure well go fast. As with previous people who have picked these up the price negotiable

64" $2017.00

60" $1567.00

Ask for Kendal

@ Conn's 92

South Hulen

Only ones I've seen in Conn's in months

the prices went up since December?

if those are displays...I assume they are

you could have gotten them for $250-350 less around Christmas...when I bought mine at Conn's

in fact...the new in box price...if you could find one at Conn's was $1999 for the 64" and $1499 for the 60"

Warren

#585 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by THirdCoast79  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24420011

Yeah that was when they had inventory, these are probably the last two at any Conn's in dfw.

Yeah, but these aren't discontinued by Samsung. Charging more for the last few units only works if you can't just go to the next retailer down the block and buy the same thing.

#586 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24421910

Yeah, but these aren't discontinued by Samsung. Charging more for the last few units only works if you can't just go to the next retailer down the block and buy the same thing.
They are not really charging more. Those prices are still cheaper then if you went down the block and purchased an open box..

#588 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24423271

Good thing for other Samsung retailers, Conn's are only in a few area's ..... That has to be Dealer cost and buying direct from Samsung.

and the Conn's location that was mentioned a few posts ago in Fort Worth Texas... the one with the two F8500's...is maybe a mile away from a Best Buy with a Magnolia

the Conns is in front of the mall and the Best Buy is behind it and down the street a bit

so..anyway..my point..it would be easy to walk out of Conn's and see what the TV might cost elsewhere

Though..in that market Fry's carries the F8500 also...though the nearest one is maybe a 20 minute drive from that Conn's and BB location

The sales guy I bought mine from said they were selling the TV at a loss.......I thought..yada...yada...

Warren

#590 ·
Tire kicker's.........now is the time, according to Samsung the super sale they have running is ending tonight. If you are on the fence, buy from your dealer of choice before the prices go up.
(Keep in mind prices on Samsung's change all the time, so they may go back to this pricing at a later date.)

#591 ·
what super sale? prices have been stagnant for months. you wouldn't just be merely trying to boost your sales would you now? I don't see anyone clamoring over this set as its still in production, so higher pricing would likely mean stock that wont move. this isn't a vt/zt situation.

#593 ·
I wouldn't necessarily blame the retailers. Samsung has that fixed pricing program, and dictate what the retailers can advertise.

You can always try to negotiate under the advertised price.

#597 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24438121

what super sale? prices have been stagnant for months. you wouldn't just be merely trying to boost your sales would you now? I don't see anyone clamoring over this set as its still in production, so higher pricing would likely mean stock that wont move. this isn't a vt/zt situation.

I was just gonna say - I haven't seen a price drop at all from BB or Amazon. When/if this hits below 2500 for the 64'', I'll be interested. Til then, no way.

#598 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23  /t/1471418/samsung-f8500-pricing-reduction/570#post_24438696

I was just gonna say - I haven't seen a price drop at all from BB or Amazon. When/if this hits below 2500 for the 64'', I'll be interested. Til then, no way.
Did you even call Chris from Cleveland Plasma? His sale might be what you are looking for or pretty darn close for that matter.

#601 ·
was PM'd by someome from Cleveland Plasma with pricing on all the 8500's. I asked about build date I would be provided and they didn't know beceause they were drop shipping the panels. After repeated requests, no one provided a build date. Sorry, just don't want to chance getting a panel that's been passed around for a year. pretty poor transaction overall for someone taking the time to message me. how much time does a phone call to the actual supplier take? if your going to sit in the middle and take a piece, at least be willing to do a little leg work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.