Samsung f8500 pricing reduction? - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 935 Old Today, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm only seeing the 60" in stock online, but perhaps if you call/chat they've got more than that. For those snooping for a deal, track this site: http://www.naughtycodes.com/search-r...php?store=4686 It's very good at posting up-to-date coupons at Paul's and is where I've always seen the 15% off F8500 promo codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 935 Old Today, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long time lurker....1st time posting in this thread...

I went to my local Magnolia HiFi in San Diego (Mission Valley) and put 10% down on a full price ($2399) PN-60F8500.

Asked about a discount and the salesperson mentioned the UPP and very calmly described the entire policy.

I said, there are people getting 10 to 15 percent off, he said he can't do it. He would be happy to compensate in other ways.

He mentioned they only have about 40 of the 60" units left...divided amongst 30 or so stores...

I would get while the getting is good...I couldn't afford a Pioneer Elite Kuro, missed out on the Panasonic ZT series...so I made sure to get myself the last great 1080p display!

The King is dead...Long live The King.

Hell hath no fury, like a women's scorn for Sega - Broadie.

Segaboy out..........

Last edited by Segaboy; Today at 02:13 PM.
post #933 of 935 Old Today, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Good post Bobby.

Even though Dan got what is probably a good price (lets see how things go on Friday), its still pretty obvious that "Nice" bated him in at one price and sold to him at a higher price for what should have been the lower price. My concern is that if a vendor is obviously being dishonest about pricing, what else are they going to do?

And what is this about Samsung having F8500s that are commercial version with only a 90 day warranty? Has anyone else confirmed this?
Well, I don't think things are as bad with the unauthorized resellers as people are making them out to be. The only thing I said about my experience with Abe's in the past was their aggressiveness with pushing the extended warranty. My Panny GT50 plasma was delivered on time through WGD. They inspected the TV, plugged it in, plugged up my cable, went through the channels and made sure it was working. Nobody rushed me. The TV was brand new, sealed. It was manufactured one month before I purchased it. I had some banding issues months later and called Panasonic. They sent out a repair person and replaced my panel. I had no issues with the warranty.

Just my observation, it appears that these grey market retailers are wholesalers buying up plenty of inventory and selling them with very little markup. These products are not being shipped from outside the U.S. There's no reason for the manufacturer to deny warranty coverage. I personally haven't heard that ever happening. In terms of who gives the best service before and after the sale. I can tell you from personal experience. I am well over age 40 and have purchase from some of the biggest chains. I have always gotten mixed qualities of service. Either someone was short tempered over the phone, lacked knowledge, told me something that wasn't accurate about the product I was buying from them, pushed an extended warranty down my throat. Many times I couldn't get anyone to even help me with questions after I received the product. Service after the sale has been laxed with many retailers that were 100% authorized and claimed to be trained to sell the product but they appeared to run away after they got my money.

Even though you can return your products within14-30 days with the bigger authorized resellers, it's a big hassle so it's not as huge of a benefit having that piece of mind. I am certainly not an idiot. I wouldn't just drop $2500 in the lap of Nice Electronics just because their price was more attractive. I asked as many questions as I could. If I run into an issue I will deal with it and I will be sure to post it here so others can get an idea how these people are.

Buying from any retailer whether authorized or not will result in mixed experiences for every customer. Apple being one of the best in customer service has people posting on forums how badly they were treated at the Apple store. It's best to buy directly from the manufacturer if people want to minimize or eliminate the issues with retailers. Like I said in an earlier post. Paul's TV was amazing with their pre-sale customer service. I spoke to a guy named Will. He was very professional and I would've considered buying from his store since his place is in California where I happen to live but Will said they would not be getting anymore 64F8500's. Cleveland Plasma gave me just the opposite service over the phone. The guy I spoke with seemed short tempered, slightly arrogant and made it seem like it's "my loss" if I don't get one of these TV's before their gone for good.

As far as the commercial version of the F8500. It's mentioned on Samsung's website under the 8500's specs in the warranty section. It says the F8500 has a 1 year parts and labor warranty and the 90 days for commercial models.
DBronx likes this.
post #934 of 935 Old Today, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I tried to get a price adjustment to the price after this code. I bought a few days earlier in the store for about $65 more. They claimed they had to submit some paperwork to corporate and corporate will make the call whether they will actually honor their 30 day price protection policy or not. Frankly, I don't have a lot of faith that they will.
Well, I never heard back from Paul's like the salesperson said I would. However, to my surprise I found a credit on my AmEx statement for the price difference + tax.
post #935 of 935 Old Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
As far as the commercial version of the F8500. It's mentioned on Samsung's website under the 8500's specs in the warranty section. It says the F8500 has a 1 year parts and labor warranty and the 90 days for commercial models.
There's no such thing as a commercial model. The warranty simply states that if you use it commercially (like in a bar) the warranty is only 90 days. It's no different from if you buy a Honda mower and use it as a homeowner the warranty's duration is rather different than if you buy the same Honda mower and use it for your lawn mowing business.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread